Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: SteveLpool ()
Date: January 26, 2012 07:18PM

I was reading this report into the alarming rise in anti-Semitism in Germany on the BBC this morning.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I don't claim that DWB are guilty of anti-Semitism but I thought it was telling that the University of Bielefeld conducted research into attitudes towards Jews, Muslims and other victims of what it called "group-focused enmity" across Europe.

It comes as no surprise to me that "group-focused enmity" is widespread in Europe and strongest in Poland and Hungary.

So it appears that "group-focused enmity" is on the rise in Germany and strongest in Poland and Hungary which are the countries where Nydahl's DWB have the strongest following.

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: January 29, 2012 04:42AM

Alexander Nevsky
Dublin, Ladies and Gentlemen, Dublin. Let’s don’t forget. Seriously unfinished business of Mr. Ole Nydahl.
To Nevsky and Curran: what happened in Dublin? Did I miss something, farther back on this thread? If so, please give me the page reference. If not, please fill us in on what this is about. People were excluded from the center--is this mainly due to the usual cult dynamics, or was there an ethnic component? Somewhere on the internet I came across a reference to the fact that the Dublin center was anti-Irish (by Nydahl's prodding). Is that what this is about? Please clue us in.

Posted by: Alexander Nevsky ()
Date: January 30, 2012 08:05AM

Misstyk, thank you for your question. I have been thinking of how to respond, so if you give me a couple of days I will definitely come back to you. Great thanks!

Date: January 30, 2012 10:25PM

Dublin Diamond Way – Library of reference pages

September 2010

[forum.culteducation.com]

November 2010

January, February 2011

April 2011

November 2011

December 2011

January 2012

If there is anything I have missed, please let me know. If you come across anything (anywhere on the internet) worth adding to the library, please do.

Posted by: Kevin Curran ()
Date: January 31, 2012 04:57AM

Hi Misstyk;

It is difficult to narrow the whole complex and multifaceted subject of Dublin diamond way to a couple of sentences. I think the collection of the previous post pretty much says all. From my perspective I can say that I have witnessed an emergence of a sect but I cannot find words to describe the dynamic of the whole process. I am simply short of words. I am afraid that the comparison with the emergence of Nazism in Germany is an accurate one. No other comparison comes to my mind if you ask.

I am not a shallow person and I wouldn’t have written anything for the sake of petty criticism. These experiences are hard lived and difficult to come to terms with. I am writing on this forum because I feel this story has to be told and heard.

Hopefully the discussion we are having here will help to unfold multiple layers of this painful and horrifying story.

Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: January 31, 2012 11:08PM

Hi Kevin,

So I think you are totally right by saying the structure of the Diamond Way Cult is quite similar to the structures of Nazism in Germany, but all sects have the same characteristics. And in my eyes there is nothing to do than to leave, which is not easy when you just hang on to the practise.

I do not practise any Buddhism at all, I utterly left it but if you would like to practise further on, even in the Kagüy-sect, it could be helpful to contact the Bodhi Path centers of Sharmapa.

[www.bodhipath.org]

People there may have annother attitude, warm and welcoming!

Here on my blog you can find the positions of Sharmapa recording Nydahl and the Tantric teachings:

[marte-micaela-riepe.blogspot.com]

Date: February 28, 2012 05:57PM

suenam
Matt Huddleston - he does seem to have some control, but is not really part of the London sangha - he is based i think in Reading or somewhere provincial - he is a bit strange i will admit.

Matt comes across as strange but he is the most OK teacher in UK. Being gay he has developed some kind of humility.
I remember him once answering the question about interfaith dialog. He said the diamond way does not engage in the interfaith dialogue. He said that was Ole’s decision on the matter but he didn’t know why.

I do hope, however, that the discussion about Steven James is far from finished.

Does anyone know why the discussion on www.lioncity.net about diamond way was closed down?

Posted by: Mark_Panama ()
Date: March 03, 2012 04:53AM

Alexander Nevsky
Does anyone know why the discussion on www.lioncity.net about diamond way was closed down?
Alex it’s not only lioncity web page that was closed. The diamondway cult blog was closed down too in 2010.

[diamondwaycult.blogspot.com]

I wonder what the reason was and whether Ole Nydahl’s henchmen hacked into those web pages to lock them down and to get into IP addresses of people who have posted there. I don’t know.

Rick Ross you better buy yourself good software for protection of your web page because this discussion is indeed worth diamonds.

Kevin Curran
These experiences are hard lived and difficult to come to terms with. I am writing on this forum because I feel this story has to be told and heard.
Kevin I am sorry there that you have had the ideal picture of your teacher popped but that’s life. You have to get a grip and accept things as they are. Ole is not an honest man. I know it is extremely difficult to come to terms with what you have been through but maybe in long term you will find it liberating. Maybe it is better for you and your friends not to belong to the diamondway centre in Ireland, which anyway has only one Irish member.

Dublin diamondway is a very dangerous sect and it is time for Irish government to step in. It is Ole Nydahl’s monstrous child which I hope will bit him in the ass. It is his own making, a direct result of his own decisions. He had other options to choose from but he didn’t and that is the whole point. Things could have happened differently should Nydahl have acted as an honest person. The proof is in the pudding.

Whether these decisions were entirely his own or was he misguided and misinformed by Steven James is not entirely clear. There is a substantial body of evidence of James’ manipulative involvement, nevertheless it is difficult to know to which extend he was a factor in Ole’s decision making process.

Ole Nydahl if you don’t come clear on the Dublin issue this will not go away. The best for you is to admit you made a mistake and to apologise. Swallow your pride. It is in your own well understood self interest.

Steven James’ story is a sad one. I used to like him as a teacher and he was among my favourites. Sadly it now became clear that he did manipulate and did alter Hannah Nydahl’s decisions relating Dublin after her death. So we need to ask ourselves a question of what position does he think he has in the diamondway and the real role he is playing. That’s very sad.

SteveLpool
I was reading this report into the alarming rise in anti-Semitism in Germany on the BBC this morning.
SteveLpool thanks for the link. Needless to say that the meditation hall in Warsaw was initially named Valhalla.
[hala.buddyzm.pl]

The name was latter changed into Buddha’s Hall after an upheaval it caused.

[hala.buddyzm.pl]

I suppose we all know what Valhalla was. Originally the name comes from the Norse mythology but this term was incorporated into Nazi ideology and it does not have good connotations.

[books.google.ie]

[books.google.ie]

[en.wikipedia.org]

The newspaper, which published the article about diamondway Buddhists from Warsaw protesting side by side with local Nazis against a Muslim mosque, has lost their case against the diamondway.

Maybe someone could give us some insight into this lawsuit.

Having said that I have to admit that Warsaw diamondway center can under no circumstances be classified in the same category as the Dublin one. The difference between the two is major. The Warsaw center, despite its right wing bend, does play its role as a place of transmission of Buddhist teachings and there is a lot of good happening there. It is a place of live Buddhist practice against the odds.

karam-mudra
Here on my blog you can find the positions of Sharmapa recording Nydahl and the Tantric teachings:
Marte Micaela I have read your blog. One brave woman you are, hey ;)

Good luck to you all!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 03, 2012 04:57AM

Mark_Panama:

This Web site is very well protected.

The last hacker that tried to subvert it was arrested by the FBI and is now serving a prison sentence.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Oma Desala ()
Date: March 06, 2012 05:55AM

I don't know if the topic of Ole Nydahl giving tantric initiations has already been addressed in this thread.

I was a student of Ole Nydahl for a couple of months in the mid 90ties and back then Ole hasn't given initiations. But around 2004-5 I heard the first rumours that Ole gives initiations, but strangely his students are not allowed to speak about it.

I've heard this from 2 ex DWB members, who both, even though they had already turned away from Ole at that time, were very secretive about it ("You didn't hear it from me"). Both seemed even a bit scared when they spoke about it. One of them even denied that she had ever said anything to me about it, when I came back to that topic a couple of days later.

I've also heard that Ole gives initiations from friends of mine whose daughter was in the DWB for a while.

Yet, when I addressed that topic in a German internet forum some years ago, the apologists of Nydahls cult protested very agressively against even the question being raised, accusing me of spreading rumours etc.

Can somebody bring light into this? Can somebody confirm that / if Ole Nydahl gives tantric initiations? And what reasons does he give his students not to speak about it? Does he make them believe they would break their Samayas if they spoke about it? Frankly, the whole thing appears quite a bit fishy to me....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.