Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Nyalaana ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:15PM

corboy
I was once long ago in an 8 year psychological entanglement with a Christian spiritual director.

... I had a special destiny, special capacities....
So, I faced that I was a fallible human being.
In short, I gave up any notion that I was special...

Thanks a lot for your words. They have helped me with my own problems.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vickithewitch ()
Date: November 30, 2011 12:07AM

Hi "Dariusb" sorry for prolongation of answer. I did not see your question. Read my last post (29.11.'11) and follow links. It is long story.
all the best.
Verica

Posted by: vickithewitch ()
Date: November 30, 2011 12:37AM

Dear friends,
I published my second book on amazon.com under name „For You Kiss Of The Moon or For You Ole Nydahl no.1“.
[www.amazon.com]
First book is [www.amazon.com]
Why it is not promotion of me, you will see in following text. I cannot explane (here)my experience on 400 pages, so please watch my You Tube channel because everything is connected. [www.youtube.com]
I found my ansvers&solutions, wish you - to find yours.
In addition, I want to tell to Lama Ole’s people who removed this title from Google – it is stupid action. You cannot stop the process of revealing of theThru in World. It is not good for Lama Ole Nydahl, others Lamas and Buddhism. Even highest Tibetan Lamas cannot stop human evolution and Thru. In adition, I cannot believe that such teaching and teachers who learn others about Enlightement = State of Thru, have any spiritual right to fight against the Thru and permit that theirs people do it. Even if it is not very pleasant for them. In all world spiritual awakening is in progress, but Lamas are still in dark ages.
1. I apologize to all the girls who had sex with Lama – sorry for my vulgar words in previous post. It was a little joke I call myself “black sheep” or “white crow” in the book. Do not be ashamed. Sex is not bad; your choice is your right. Nevertheless, THIS SILENCE AROUND YOU (US) AND HIM IS TERRIBLE. HACKING, REMOVING CONTENTS FROM GOOGLE – IT IS TERRIBLE. Only he has right to speaks openly about sex and about “his” women, and spiritual experience? He has right to publish book “The riding the tiger” before 10 years, and no one woman speaks her (the same or different) opinion? This SILENCE screams much more loudly of each word. Moreover, only men speak IN THE NAME OF THE WOMEN?! They speak very nauseously. No one woman speaks!? IT IS TERRIBLE. It shows us the sweet position of woman in Buddhism and in World. In addition, spiritual level of humans. Buddhism is actually communism?! I watch the same behavior everyday in my country, Serbia. Every politician is Lama. Every director is Lama. Do you think – that people have not 2-3 wives, and 100 models? Each butcher is Lama here, primitive and scurrilous. Nobody worry. Women tolerate it.
2. Now, I noticed, that appeared some woman who speaks about spirituality. SPIRITUALITY IS TERRA INCOGNITA – IT MEANS DANGEROUS AND LEAD US TO HIGHER VIBRATION. IT IS VERY UNPLEASANT PROCESS. Tibetan Buddhism is VERY different culture; we difficultly understand them and his culture. Except of Buddhism on world exist many religions and spiritual paths, and every step is dangerous and difficult. It is normally, each development has price. Before on your forum I watched only talk about Lama Ole’s external behavior. He is not teacher of external behavior. Everyone who wants enter in this path must be aware what this path really is. Lama Ole in his books and lecturers skipped this “small detail” .I will describe “shortly” my incredible experience with him. I hope that my words and books will help you and others, (even a little).
3. My book is the letters for him. I told him many similar things, like you here. At that time, I did not know for you. If I knew for you, for sure, I would firstly write to him. He is solution for my riddle. I recognized him in my book 18 years old and in three men who prepared me for meeting with him. Moreover, I recognized him in ALL my current life since of my first memory. I have deep connection with him; I could not go away before tell him everything. I ASKED FOR BLESSING TO SPEAK ABOUT MY EXPERIENCES. HE GAVE ME BLESSING. My experiences were very difficult for me but it is my path. My experiences with my first three men were also difficult. Thanks to everything, I understand myself. I forgive him.
4. Now, I am here because he does not permit different opinion (as yours and mine), different life style, and his people hindering my work with criminal behavior. He does not stop it.
I would like that you heal your wounds. I wish you, him, his people the highest view and higher vibrations to understand your own lessons.
I don’t hate him and his people, I don’t hate you – therefore – I don’t belong anywhere?! Very interesting. I feel love and compassion for your wounds (I had the similar wounds) and for them, but I do not feel protected anywhere.
5. My name means (in Serbian language) Little Faith, and (in Latin) Veritas– Verity, or Thru. I am big Veritas and Little Faith. I make mistake because I am human being, and I am different of you, of him, of everybody. Normally-each Human Being is special and different.
The Thru is not dangerous for anybody. Thru is curative and healthful. Everyone has right to tell his/her own piece of Thru. In this way, we will discover higher Thru. However, nobody wants Thru.
I am bored to fight anymore. To prove blind people and women that I fight for them – for Love, for Peace, for Happiness, for Kindness for Thru… For You…All.

Here, I did not see ONE real name and surname. You are under masks. If you, Ole’s people hack me, please do not show me it, or ask people from Belgrade Sangha about me. They have everything, and they were deeply in my underwear (according our noble K.K. teaching, with blessing of our teachers). Thank you in advance.
All the best,
Verica Stojimirovic

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 30, 2011 11:11PM

I'll have a look at your book, Verica Stojimirovic, though I'll keep my mask on, if you don't mind.

I haven't generally found it to be much of a hindrance yet.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 01, 2011 12:14AM

Hmmm Ole lectured in Serbia last year.

Wonder if his stated views against Muslims was part of his appeal?

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Friday, September 3, 2010 19:17:29
Public lecture in Belgrade, Serbia

By Lama On Tour Lama Ole Nydahl Diamond Way Buddhism+ Add Contact

This photo was taken on September 3, 2010 using a Pentax K20D.

More citations about Diamond Way and Serbia

[www.google.com]

KBL – Karma Berchen Ling » stupa newsThe ceremony was headed by Lama Chogdrup Dorje and Lama Ole Nydahl. ....
After very interesting conversations about the situation and life in Serbia with the ...
www.berchenling.org/category/stupa-news/ - 83k - Cached - Similar pages

KBL – Karma Berchen Ling » KBL BlogLama Ole Nydahl talked to the DWBN-News about the Kalachakra Stupa in ...
After very interesting conversations about the situation and life in Serbia with the ...
www.berchenling.org/kbl-blog/page/2/ - 100k - Cached - Similar pages

Ole TalksLama Ole Nydahl speaks about Mahamudra; the highest teachings of the Karma Kagyu
..... Vidovdan is Vitus' Day in Serbia among the Serb Orthodox Church. ...
wn.com/Ole_talks - 230k - Cached - Similar pages

Pl Opole... is the fourth largest city in Serbia, the main city of the Šumadija region
and the .... OLE NYDAHL PL - relacja z wyk³adu w Opolu 16.12.2010 ...
wn.com/pl_Opole - 323k - Cached - Similar pages

PP-Journal 2006-2nd-edition-pam5.inddStumbling Block on the Road to Democracy: Security Sector Reform in Serbia ....
recently by groups related to the Buddhist Diamond Way (Lama Ole Nydahl) ...
www.policy.hu/ipf/policyperspectives/E13-JS-CzechSociety.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

BCM.RU :: Religion and soulUpdate daily. 25.10.2011. Advertising. Add to favorites ...
www.bcm.ru/en/parts/57/by_date - 45k - Cached - Similar pages

Srbija i Crna Gora - praæenje gradilišta {arhiva} [Archive] - Page ...Wasn't there once an Opel assembly-line in Serbia ? I'm thinking of Opel-IDA, or
was it .... Director: Lama Ole Nydahl Buddhist Group Novi Sad ...
www.skyscrapercity.com/archive/index.php/t-259546-p-2.html - 206k - Cached - Similar pages

1970s - In Japan - Page 2Ole Nydahl - Introduction ... Tara Mountain and Tara National Park in Serbia.
Tara River in Montenegro, the largest tributary of the Drina River. ...
www.experiencefestival.com/1970s_-_in_japan/page/2 - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

alt.religion.buddhism | Google Groups(someone beaten up severly by Ole Nydahl's followers back in 1985, > .....
alternative voices in Serbia who oppose both him, AND the ethnic cleansing. ...
mobile.google.com/group/alt.../ef7890cdf43d9b74?... - 128k - Cached - Similar pages

Gates of Vienna: A Tale of Two SubversivesNov 15, 2009 ... This goal is the raison d'etre of many NGOs in Serbia. ..... The Incredible
Shrinking CAIR · Ole Nydahl: “One Has to be Honest About Islam” ...
gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2009/11/tale-of-two-subversives.html - 204k - Cached - Similar pages

Date: December 01, 2011 12:33AM

Ole Nydahl was interviewed for the Gates of Vienna blog.

[gatesofvienna.blogspot.com]

At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Ole Nydahl: “One Has to be Honest About Islam”

l(Blog owner)I’ve written several times previously about Ole Nydahl, who is a Buddhist teacher in Denmark.

Buddhism has a reputation among many in the West for pacifism and passivity in the face of violence, but this is not Mr. Nydahl’s approach to Islam. He says,

“… I protect Christianity every day, especially because I see a big attack from Islam, a great, great danger from Islam… Nobody has ruined as much for us as the Muslims. They destroyed the Silk Road, they destroyed the whole of northern India, and historically they have cost us millions and millions and millions of people. Simply because they were Buddhists.”

The Danish philosopher Asger Trier Engberg* interviewed Mr. Nydahl this past summer at the latter’s residence in northern Copenhagen. Below is an audio recording of their twenty-minute conversation:

(Some google references here
[www.google.com])

Steen has this to say about Ole Nydahl:
- - - - - - - - -

Nydahl has done interviews in the past with Danish Radio, and has always — since a long time ago — been very frank and critical about Islam. He knew about Islam long before most of the rest of us did.

As you remember, when he was interviewed for Sappho, he said that he was sad that he was getting too old to bear arms.
A final quote from Mr. Nydahl:

To say it plainly, it’s really embarrassing that people — after 2,000 years of development towards freedom here in Europe — cannot comprehend their potential, don’t trust themselves, or are so badly disabled in childhood that they cast away their free will and enslave themselves under a totalitarian and fascist system. Surely, it’s pure fascism to subordinate oneself to other people in that way — no matter if it’s under a deity dictating what to do, a prophet, Hitler or Stalin. It’s always the same. Whenever you deny people their freedom of choice and self-determination, you reduce them to inferior beings.

Posted by Baron Bodissey at 11/11/2009 04:36:00 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook
5 comments:
The Roman said...

Lama Ole Nydahl made me realize that Islam is a dangerous "religion", but only after I started to dig for information I found out how monstrous it really is. We are being unbelievably brainwashed by MSM and educational system and it is almost impossible to get any facts from them.

I am quite sure that the fact that Lama Ole Nydahl since over 30 years has been always mentioning Islam as a danger to civilization - made Denmark so much more resistant to it, compared with other countries of the West.

We need more courageous people like him.

11/11/2009 5:56 PM

nimbus said...
God bless him. It's amazing what just a few people can do to change things.
11/11/2009 7:47 PM
ANTI-ISLAMIST said...

L O V E - L O V E - L O V E - L O V E
One has to be honest!
By all means! - But not GULLIBLE.

"We want muslims to experience freedoms that we have.We want them to be free and happy. Maby the swedes someday will be free to say what they feel…..and the norwegians. Political corretness is collective cowardice. I can tell you as a buddhist, that political corretness is so harmful for the mind. When these people die,they experience so much pain…they will really suffer after death. They will feel pain, pain and an have an awful rebirth. One has to be honest."

...freedoms that we have

...We want them to be free and happy

...they will really suffer after death

...and an have an awful rebirth

BULLS**T - CRAP & DRIVEL

How come that you all so easily yield to and get persuaded
by a bluffing and PRETENCIOUS, missionizing buddhist?
Of course - he is a Dane from Copenhagen!
He is almost Holger Danske!

11/11/2009 10:44 PM
The Roman said...

ANTI-ISLAMIST said...
"How come that you all so easily yield to and get persuaded
by a bluffing and PRETENCIOUS, missionizing buddhist? "

Well, I guess you are NOT refering to any comments in this thread,just venting your frustration with lovie-dovie buddhists in general?

By the way - I can't stand them either.
11/12/2009 1:49 AM
(name omitted for privacy-Corboy)
said...

As if the person using the ANTI-ISLAMIST nickname was somebody legitimate to negate a fact that a Buddhist (and this time it's not an average Buddhist but the best of its kind) can effectively face the Islamist subversion. Buddhism is not about being lovey-dovey, it has a Kalachakra tradition about the Army of Shambhala. We know how to fight the crude Muslim subversion with some more subtle and more effective subversive stuff of ours.
5/04/2010 9:15 AM

Date: December 01, 2011 01:12AM

(glum)

A discussion from the old Google listserve. Its about the war in the former Yugoslavia.
and, two mentions about Ole.

Corboy I want to make clear I would probably find myself in a fight, if I were to meet KSS face to face.

But this sense of being deserted by the world described by KSS who appears to have been a Serb, may be shared by many in Serbia today.

And perhaps account for why Ole Nydhal may be so popular today.

He is considered an outsider by 'proper' Buddhists and this alone would make him appealing to Serbs who feel themselves outsiders in relation to a world that turned on them.

Ole's anti Muslim views would make him especially welcoome to those who took sides against the Bosnian Muslims in the Balkan war.

[groups.google.com]

The first discussant offered an article in full from some Tibetan tulku in 1993--the height of the war.

(Back at that time I was sickened to witness the vast silence of the Christian Left peaceniks. Thats whenwe had TV news coverage of the rape camps and the mass killings in Tuzla and Srebenica. I wondered why the peaceniks had been so effective protesting US policy in Central America but went quiet in relation to this war. Was it because it didnt fit easily into the mental catagories of Liberation Theology?--just an aside. Am sad to see the Buddhist community was also apparently not sure what to do, either. (Corboy)

feel it is necessary to comment on the Kosova conflict by reprinting
this article from the Buddhist online
newsletter GASSHO's first issue. It appears our world leaders only pay
lip service to peace either for sound bytes or the publicity. So,
please read this article and consider well what the author says.

{6} ARTICLE: Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche on World Peace ===========================================================================

Dear Friends;

It is very good to be a part of the Great Masters World Peace Assembly
and to meet people who are doing the work of making world peace. I
greatly respect peacemakers because of their care and compassion for the
beings of this world.

It is my wish that the spiritual power of peace will touch the mind of
every person on this earth, radiating out from a deep peace within our
own minds, across political and religious barriers, across the barriers
of ego and conceptual righteousness. Our first work as peacemakers is to
clear our minds of mental conflicts caused by ignorance, anger,
grasping, jealousy and pride. All of you at this assembly have
connection with spiritual teachers who can guide you in the purification
of these poisons, and through this purification of your own mind, you
learn the very essence of peacemaking.

The inner peace we seek should be so absolutely pure, so stable, that it
can not be moved to anger by those who live and profit by war, or to
self-grasping and fear by confrontation with contempt, hatred and death.

(This would be difficult to deal with if one is cowering in a basement, while one's home town is being rocketed to rubble above one's head and where one dares sniper shots while trying to get groceries-Corboy)

Incredible patience is necessary to accomplish any aspect of world
peace, and the source of such patience is the space of inner peace from
which you recognize with great clarity that war and suffering are the
outer reflections of the mind's inner poisons.

('Incredible patience'--its one thing to say that while sipping bottled water at a conferance, cared for by one's entourage, vs being in Sarajevo at that same moment. Carry on, Tulku--Corboy. PS I dont approve of the massacres and attacks on women. We had to stop that. But I want to make clear that when one is under sniper attack, such words are gonna ring hollow. It explains the fury of the comments that followed this article-Corboy)

If you truly understand that the essential difference in peacemakers and
warmakers is that the peacemakers have discipline and control over
egotistical anger, grasping, jealousy and pride while warmakers, in
their ignorance, manifest the results of these poisons in the world --
if you truly understand this you will never allow yourself to be
defeated from within or without.

Tibetan Buddhists use the peacock as the symbol for the Bodhisattva, the
Awakened Warrior who works for the Enlightenment of all sentient beings.

The peacock is said to eat poisonous plants which it transmutes into the
gorgeous colors of its feathers. It does not poison itself, just as we
who wish for world peace must not poison ourselves.

(Corboy--Dude, right now we'd pluck that peacock and boil its butt just to get something to eat, without having to make a grocery run and worry about snipers. One can savor metaphor only on a full stomach)

As you meet the powerful worldly men who sit at the top of the war
machines, regard them with strict equanimity. Convince them as
effectively as you know how, but be constantly aware of your own state
of mind. If you begin to experience anger, retreat. If you can go on
without anger, perhaps you will penetrate the terrible delusion that
causes war and all its hellish sufferings. From the clear space of your
own inner peace, your compassion must expand to include all who are
involved in war -- the soldiers caught in the cruel karma of killing,
and who sacrifice their precious human rebirth; the generals and
politicians who intend to benefit and cause disruption and death
instead; the civilians who are wounded, killed and turned into refugees.

(Dude, the guys we worry about are the snipers. Could someone make them go away?-Corboy)

True compassion is utterly neutral and is moved by suffering of every
sort, not tied to right and wrong, attachment and aversion.

(Its been a bit too long since you were in a warzone pal. Wanna switch places? Corboy)

The work of peace is a spiritual path in itself, a means to develop
perfect qualities of mind and to test these qualities against urgent
necessity, extreme suffering and death. Do not be afraid to give your
time, energy and wealth.

(We are giving our asses, dodging sniper bullets and rockets. Dont tell us what to do. Make them stop firing at us. Corboy)

My suggestion for accomplishing this work in the world is to form an
international network of spiritual leaders who are concerned with world
peace. Spiritual leaders are in touch with the war-causing imbalances
within their countries and can show us how to alleviate such suffering.
They can have access to the minds and hearts of the people and can work
to create the space of peace.

I hope some of what I have said is useful to some people. If not I am
still glad to be connected to this effort and look forward to our work
together.

Tashe delek,
Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche

from GASSHO,
Electronic Journal of DharmaNet International and the Global Online
Sangha,
Volume 1, Number 1 ISSN 1072-2971 November/December 1993

KSS wrote in reply 6 year later

KSS View profile
Date: 1999/04/16
Subject: Re: Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche on World Peace (Nov/Dec 93 GASSHO)
Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
Stephen H. Kawamoto wrote in <3716F4C3.30EF3...@alternatives.com>...

It's a good article but a bit outdated today.

In fact if you conduct a web-search using the words "buddhism" AND "Kossovo"
you will find NOTHING. There is simply complete silence of buddhism as
regards the Kossovo conflict. I find this a disgrace for Buddhism as a whole.

At the moment most "Buddhists" are only interesting in exterminating
emotions of "anger" in others, and _collaborating_ with the Warmongers and Hawks
of the Pentagon through their _silence_.

If you feel that exterminating the anger of the Serbs or the Kossovars with
rockets is Buddhist, be my guest.

If you feel the entire conflict in this area is the exclusive fault of the
Serbs, also be my guest. I wish to take no part in this bad karma, and unless Buddhism
takes a stand and says something, impartiality is complicity. Read Noam Chomsky as
regards the politics of "Manufacturing Consent".

A few weeks ago, a very advanced German-speaking practitioner of Vajrayana
Buddhism came into this newsgroup to announce "I am not interested in
politics. I am interested in Buddhism, because if you... bla bla bla...
believe the world to be hell, you live in hell etc. etc."

Go on and believe it. Go on being non-political even when issues are as
simple as saying "yes" or "no" to war. The bad karma of such an attitude WILL
affect Buddhism as a whole, and perhaps will contribute to the continuing troubles
of Tibet.

(KSS continues)As regards exterminating anger, Nazi concentration camps were first
conceived of as mobile psychiatric vans where "hateful people" of non-
Aryan origin, unable to control their emotions, were gassed to death,

I stick to my anger, which is non-lethal, which is non-violent, and remain
a witness of the appaulling NON-resistance to lethal propaganda which
we've witnessed in this newsgroup.

Sincere thanks and prayers to the minority of people who expressed
opinions on this. Even those who disagreed.

I could easily start throwing into this newsgroup evidence of more and
more lies from NATO, but it's to no avail. The danger is that such data
will be misinterpreted as Serbian propaganda, as it mostly already has
been, by some other posters.

Go on, support the bombings, DELUDE yourselves that they are for
the good of Kossovars and nothing more, DELUDE yourselves that
truth is black and white and that you are stainlessly white, helping (as
always) NATO's project of.... exterminating anger.

However, if Buddhist leaders do not take a stand about this WAR,
I GUARANTEE you that this will be recorded by history, and I will
personally not hesitate to tell everyone I know about the indifference
of Buddhist leaders to the bombings.

Skip the "far out peace space" stuff. We ARE angry, exterminate us!

KARMA SAMTEN SANGPO
(someone beaten up severly by Ole Nydahl's followers back in 1985,
and just realizing the auspiciousness of NOT "exterminating anger").

Corboy note. This is strictly my opinion, achieved in the comfort of my home. I was never in a war. Here is a person who states he was beaten up by Ole Nydahl's followers and then was further brutalized by being under attack in the Balkan war in the early to mid 1990s.

later KSS wrote

KSS View profile
More options Apr 15 1999, 11:00 pm

Newsgroups: alt.religion.buddhism.tibetan, alt.peace
Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
[...]

>True compassion is utterly neutral and is moved by suffering of every
>sort, not tied to right and wrong, attachment and aversion.
>Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche

For fifteen years I thought often of this idea. In an absolute level
it is _absolutely true_. In a relative level it can become relatively
QUITE FALSE:
"Milking the Buddhist cow" is what it's all about, as a misuse of
the highest possible emotion sentient beings can experience.
It is with great distress that I write these lines. Because they can
_also_ be misused.

In order for compassion to arise, an object of compassion
indistinguishable from the subjectivity of compassion must
arise. An object of compassion however, which is also a
sentient object/being, can be anything, including serious
injustices around us, people who are suffering at all levels
of suffering, and so on.

Compassion of the highest sort is _by_itself_ incapable of
developing clear insight into deception, when the carrier
of the deception is not a sentient being but a _medium_
carrying the information generated by sentient beings.

As a result resistance to brainwashing is imperative for
compassionate activity. As a result you cannot ever be
compassionately non-political. Condemning the world
of politics as a whole does not help either, because unless
specific instances of objects attracting such condemnation
arise, such condemnation amounts to yet another form of
prejudice. Consequently you _have_ to know when some
politicians are lying, _what_ are their lies, _how_ they tell
their lies. Withdrawing into a corner is easy but doesn't
help.

As the easiest thing to condemn in others is what we also
condemn within ourselves, the easiest thing in the world
is to condemn anger, hatred, and every other negative
thing within ourselves, turn it inside out, imagine the rest
of the world suffers from it, and then develop a strange
kind of schizophrenia which is the _simulation_ of empathy
and care for the rest of the world, whereas in fact it is just
a form of extreme passivity following the activity of wrongly
deadening ourselves.

(Corboy-written by a man who appears to have practiced Buddhism seriously enough to have crossed paths with Ole Nydals followers in 1985, been beaten by them, and then years later, saw the Western Buddhist world stay mostly quiet when his home country was plunged into war)

Most "false piousness" comes into
this variety, vanilla flavour or otherwise. It paralyses the mind.
Such paralysis is not meditative, but counter-meditative; it
is sheer lack of insight. It allows many well-meaning, VERY
GOOD American persons to say "I believe we are trying to
help other countries but we're then blamed we didn't try to
help enoug
h".... and _at_the_same_time_ it causes these
VERY GOOD American well-meaning persons to develop
SERIOUS CONCEPTUAL DIFFICULTIES in reading, or in
hearing and understanding, serious evidence that their
country is deceiving the world, evidence of CIA tortures,
and so on and so forth.

Thus turning the WELL MEANING Buddhist practitioner
into a vegetable who gives CONSENT to repression, is
what "milking the Buddhist cow" is all about.

Please _Respect your mothers_. Their Milk does not last
forever, nor does the white cloud of all-encompassiong
cosmic compassion last very long without the vapours of
healthy anger rising from the earth like water turned to
steam turned to clouds turned to rain again.

Gassho
Someone whose name is no longer important

and at the end, there was this post

(name omitted for privacy)View profile
More options Apr 15 1999, 11:00 pm

<henr...@komputer.dk>

>KSS: In fact if you conduct a web-search using the words "buddhism" AND "Kossovo"
> you will find NOTHING. There is simply complete silence of buddhism as
> regards the Kossovo conflict. I find this a disgrace for Buddhism as a whole.

Henr: I decided quickly to be against the bombings and have spoken out, also in
this newsgroup, on that point. Just bombing Yogoslavia off the earth does not solve
any vital problems, and I'm almost scared by the number of people around me who
used to be pacifists, but now support bombing. Most politicians and opinion
polls around here support the war!

I was happy to find that my teacher (Ole Nydahl) has the same point of
view and speaks out on this on occasion.

It's springtime - enjoy! -Henrik

Date: December 01, 2011 01:34AM

PS

For a study on how a national mythology can be used to justify hate crimes, one way to study this pattern of afflictive emotion and delusion is to get and read

Heavenly Serbia: From Myth to Genocide by Branimir Anuzulovic

[www.google.com]

Real Buddhadharma is supposed to expose and deconstruct these myths.

At best, we can confort human beings under fire, do all we can to force snipers to go away--and keep Buddhadharma from being abused to justify nationalist myths.

Now...back to Ole Nydahl.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 01, 2011 03:05AM

Your book looks interesting from what I can see, vickithewitch, and your opinions and experiences of Ole Nydahl would be of interest, I'm sure.

I think, though, that here we look more closely at behaviours and their results on other people than at particular spiritual beliefs--I'm not much of a believer in anything myself although I like your artwork very much.

Deconstructing myths sounds good to me.

Posted by: Alexander Nevsky ()
Date: December 05, 2011 01:35AM

Since Emma C started the Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism thread on RR Forum in August 2008; the blog participants have posted nearly 1000 posts (990) on 99 pages so far. By now this blog has been viewed 99296 times.

That means we will soon have our 1000th post; our 100th blog page and 100 000 views. Hope that will have cumulative effect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.