Current Page: 100 of 197
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Chaill ()
Date: December 08, 2011 10:03PM

Thank you everyone who participated in discussion about Dublin Diamondway Centre here. I would like to add some comments or quotes.
I will start with quoting words of the philosopher who seems to be popular on his blog among both those who agree and disagree with him.
So there will be several quotes and some conclusions of mine at the very end:
"(...) Ethnocentrism is incapable of conceiving a world with more than two categories: black vs white, us vs. them (...). This developmental limitation allows for everyone not like us to become a sub-human "other," setting the stage for collective projection and providing the justification for elimination.(...)"

This is from the article on genocide but it hugely relevant to what took place in Dublin Diamondway. The interpretation of the word: "ethnocentrism" is unrestricted to its national connotation and relates to a general developmental level. And anyway indeed there are no Irish people in Dublin diamondway center.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 09, 2011 12:42AM

Continuing;

"(...) Whenever you are at an ethnocentric base, you will by definition see those around you as other. Those who are other are not real. They are not real humans. They don't have soul, they are infidels. Whether you think of it in secular terms then they are subhuman. Whether you think of them in religious terms they are infidels. They lack soul. (...)"

Date: December 09, 2011 05:42AM

"(...) The foundational problem is not even genocide (...).
Genocide however we define it is but one expression of broader and more fundamental phenomenon; eliminationism. (...)

All of them (5 principle means of elimination) have the same effect; to eliminate the population that carries the value that you have projected on them; the negative shadow.
And you need to get rid of that shadow. And easiest way to do that is to get rid of the people you have projected it on to. (...)

By en large, organisations that own these ethnocentric ideas are the world's religions. And so there is almost invariably behind some eliminationist program or some genocidal program a religious justification. And that is because we are a chosen group and they are not. So it is our job to eliminate them. And it is with that justification that genocide and this form of eliminationism go forward. (...)"

Date: December 10, 2011 02:11AM

When it is about the diamondway group in Dublin, I wish people who were subjected to these atrocities strength to fight their case.

In my view Keith B and Erik B (previously mentioned) were lesser bullies. The chief bully was someone else (also previously mentioned on this blog). Erik ultimately left the group what actually made him look human and capable of moral reflection.

Keith is not responsible; he was played by somebody else. Being a vulnerable person (due to his personal history) was used as a tool for somebody else’s gain. If you are reading this blog Keith, I want you to know that.

“The golden rule when tackling a mobbing situation is, I believe, to identify and focus exclusively on the chief bully, and concentrate on holding this ringleader accountable.” [www.bullyonline.org]

Nydahl should address and acknowledge this problem. It will not be forgotten about; brushed aside and repressed.

I know that the people gathered here on this forum post anonymously. However in extremely complex, hurtful and traumatic cases that is probably the only possible way.

May you all have happy, humane Chistmas.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 13, 2011 05:14AM

'May you all have happy, humane Chistmas.'

Chiall, gaelic for barking dog, watchdog. Also used for madness--so a mad barking dog.

Nothing like a good well-trained dog though, very useful in all kinds of policing and military work--maybe your owner can buy you some dog-training for Christmas

Posted by: Alexander Nevsky ()
Date: December 13, 2011 07:55AM

Stoic

Chiall, gaelic for barking dog, watchdog. Also used for madness--so a mad barking dog.

Nothing like a good well-trained dog though, very useful in all kinds of policing and military work--maybe your owner can buy you some dog-training for Christmas

To Cult Education Forum Moderator;

Hi Moderator;

I really am surprised you have posted this. This is vulgar personal attack which clearly violates the rules of this forum.

Poor knowledge of Gaeilge Stoic. Do I hear some national resentment?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 14, 2011 12:04AM

To whom it may concern:

Many members of this message board have pre-approved status, which means their posts appear immediately without moderation.

This board has historically attracted the attention and participation of "trolls", i.e. people that join the forum with the intention in starting arguments, with the hope of subverting threads.

Having said that, there still should be a level of courtesy afforded anyone here.

Trolls will eventually expose themselves through their posts and they will be banned.

Posts on this board should not include personal attacks against another member of this forum.

Violating this rule may result in suspension of pre-approved status.

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: December 14, 2011 04:57AM

Stoic

Stoic what did you mean by that? are you reckon chiall is a " troll" or something ? I can't see any "trolling " would you be so kind and tell me what did upset you so much ?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 14, 2011 05:14AM

Here we go again.

Everyone needs to chill.

Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: December 14, 2011 06:07AM

We are all watchdogs against cultism here on RR, aren't we? Chaill's name seems quite appropriate. Welcome to the club, Chaill. : )

Ethnocentrism is an easy ploy for gaining followers and thereby increasing one's power. That's how Hitler got where he did. I've seen this m.o. employed in other parts of the world by people with megalomaniacal ambition. It's a dangerous tendency. We should all be ready to stand against it and expose it for the cheap ploy that it is, no matter how it manifests or who its target is.

Current Page: 100 of 197

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.