Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 31, 2017 09:30PM

A reminder to everyone:

This message board is not a place to debate theology or to promote a specific viewpoint regarding religion.

It is relevant to point out where a certain group may have manipulated scripture to control people and gain undue influence.

But otherwise discussing personal beliefs is not relevant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: howmidoing ()
Date: March 31, 2017 10:06PM

oops! I re-read what I wrote, what I was trying to say is it SHOULD NOT be from only one source or person! Sorry about that!!!

Date: March 31, 2017 10:08PM

rrmoderator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A reminder to everyone:
>
> This message board is not a place to debate
> theology or to promote a specific viewpoint
> regarding religion.
>
> It is relevant to point out where a certain group
> may have manipulated scripture to control people
> and gain undue influence.
>
> But otherwise discussing personal beliefs is not
> relevant.

Ok, thank you! Sorry we got off subject a bit I guess.

Date: March 31, 2017 10:10PM

lily rose Wrote:

> "How to Cultproof your Kids"
>
> This book was written in 1993.

LILYROSE: Do you know if this book is still in print? I searched quickly on amazon and could not find it. I would like to get a copy of it.

Thanks!!

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: March 31, 2017 10:13PM

Thank you Moderator. I agree.

It would be interesting to hear about walk nightmares.

I have this reoccurring dream that I am somehow stuck in the Shiloh sanctuary. A service is going and I'm trying really hard to not be noticed by the ministries. I'm ducking down to not be seen be G&M, or guys like Haworth, Sayer or Holbrook. I'm always glad when I wake up. Yuk!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2017 10:17PM by puddington.

Posted by: BenTHare ()
Date: March 31, 2017 10:14PM

lily rose
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: March 30, 2017 11:08AM

Cloudwatcher said "Freedom is not overrated."

Although it was many years ago, I never felt as free as when I freed myself from freeing the Apostle.

That is an understatement. At first I experienced guilt but it was soon replaced with joy. Who knew that fleeing would be so freeing ! ?

Posted by: BenTHare ()
Date: March 31, 2017 10:25PM

My dream - I had a recurring dream that involved the sawmill. I kept losing fingers. When I got back to Shiloh, Rich L. kept telling me how lucky I was. He kept saying, "it wasn't an arm like Jeff C."

---the dream eventually went away but stayed with me for at least five years. I was really glad to DUMP that nightmare. It seemed so real at the time.

Date: March 31, 2017 10:32PM

Has anyone considered a large group letter writing campaign? Flooding the LW with letters from former members all over the country? Explaining how we believe they have twisted the scriptures for their gain and they are not winning souls for Jesus. And hurting people along the way?

Or is everyone mostly scared of family ties still in LW and blow back from that?

I mean this is what we do as citizens with our local government if we are not happy with the way things are going in our area, right?

I would need to check on the legal implications of that and keep it within allowable parameters.

We could set it up that each person writes to a different person or people that they were personally affected by or we could send them all the same place. And sending them all on the same day could have huge impact.

Just an idea I've been tossing around.

No pressure but is anyone interested in doing this? It won't have much of an impact if it is only a few.

I mean we can complain all day but it might be more useful to write it out.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: March 31, 2017 11:48PM

howmidoing:

I can’t do it. There are two shepherds (+wives) that I don’t ever want to communicate with or ever see again. My consolation is that heaven is infinitely large and I will be able to live happily apart from them forever. I will not make the first move------there is something deep inside indicating that it would be spiritual suicide as well as a can of worms not worth the time. The ‘Universe’ can solve it if it is deemed necessary.

P.S. I have no blood family remaining in TLWF.

Date: April 01, 2017 12:13AM

FCSLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> howmidoing:
>
> I can’t do it. There are two shepherds (+wives)
> that I don’t ever want to communicate with or
> ever see again. My consolation is that heaven is
> infinitely large and I will be able to live
> happily apart from them forever. I will not make
> the first move------there is something deep inside
> indicating that it would be spiritual suicide as
> well as a can of worms not worth the time. The
> ‘Universe’ can solve it if it is deemed
> necessary.
>
> P.S. I have no blood family remaining in TLWF.

I hear you. It's just an idea. I'm all about activism when there is injustice. So now that I've found a group of people that feel that same as I do about this subject I get excited that something could be done to push them a little bit towards change or at least acknowledgement. Or maybe just scare them enough to start their own self implosion. But I get that it's a can of worms for a lot of people, myself included as I do have blood family there.

We can always do this anonymously, but it would need to be A LOT of letters.

I just hope everyone here considers it. If anyone is interested please let me know. PM is fine.

I'm also considering starting a closed/private group on facebook for anyone that would like to connect a little easier. Anyone joining would have to be invited by members already in to keep it safe from current LW members trying to pry. I would keep the name innocuous so that it didn't draw attention as well.

If anyone is interested in that - please PM me here. Thanks!!! If not, then I won't bother! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.