Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: April 08, 2017 08:50AM

Thanks to all. Peace and clarity to everyone who posts on this forum!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 08, 2017 11:11PM

It's not really a label, more of an identity thing...but some time before the lamp directed my wife to kill my male nature, she told me I was a 'piss ant.' I don't think she meant it as a compliment...like the comic book character Mighty Mighty Piss Ant. At least I didn't take it that way.

p.s. I have so much more to write, but partially due to a 21 yr. commitment to TLWF, I need to go back to work. Will check in this evening!

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: April 09, 2017 03:30AM

FCSLC wrote that John call Gina Kitchin a dumb wop (8/23/15). After Larry M removed, John called him the N word. Pastor called me little fucker. Little shit. G&M didn't tell Pastor to say it. Miller once kicked members out. His intention to rid the LW of those who weren't like him. On board with G&M policies. He admits it. An ex-pat once said no one forced Miller. Put a gun to Miller's head. Miller's said. Sorry. Accountable. How do you rectify telling a couple. You're unequally yoked. Divorce. Didn't happened to you. Then, easy to say. The responsibility falls on G&M. They presumably gave the order. That excuse used by Nazi leaders during their trails. IMO obeying orders doesn't eliminate responsibility. FCSLC, when you rail against Miller, your pastors and APCO. I commiserate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 03:41AM by NickleandDimed.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 09, 2017 04:45AM

Puddington and NickleandDimed: I think there is a special place in hell reserved for pastors who call innocent members vessels of satan and little fuckers.

40yearsin2016: Thanks for the NY TImes link on leaving ultra orthodox Jewish sects. The article was riveting. It's uncanny the similarities to the LW.

NickleandDimed wrote regarding Miller and others: "IMO obeying orders doesn't eliminate responsibility." A friend told me something that's a little ironical. The business Miller started (after leaving TLWF) is entitled Recreation Without Responsibility.

Please scratch my post on 4/5/17 suggesting that Miller could be our man to expose the deception in TLWF. After a meaningful conversation with another poster, I realize it was a dumb thought.

Date: April 09, 2017 05:13AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
> Then, easy to
> say. The responsibility falls on G&M. They
> presumably gave the order. That excuse used
> by Nazi leaders during their trails. IMO obeying
> orders doesn't eliminate responsibility.

No, it doesn't, NickleandDimed. But I've observed how G & M would hide behind others doing the dirty work...so mentioned what should be obvious. A lot of what Statton put me through--me having to attend six services a week & turning pages for the organist/pianist, heading up all the maintenance at the church--just a non-stop grind--was (according to him) in accordance to G & M's wishes. Of course I was a bit resentful toward him, but also noticed the desperation he had...and others leaders...to do almost anything to please those at the top. We had a little chat about it before he was officially humiliated/pressured out of the fellowship. The mind-control was heavy stuff, and in his own way, without being too specific, he expressed remorse at channeling their ways.

p.s. according to ancestry.com, I'm part European Jew. And if things don't go my way in this discussion, I may have to start inserting H*tler into the conversation :)

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: April 09, 2017 07:03AM

changedagain, world is full of people pleasers. Boss pleasers. Maybe it's their nature. Haven't bought into 100% mind control in the LW. I'm open minded. Reading about it. Dan's nature was a task master. Maybe came from studying law. Dan said the law was all consuming task master. John used to quote Dan. Dan followed G&M's wishes. But other big fish pastors and shepherds also mistreated members. Without G&M knowledge. Some enjoyed it.

Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: April 09, 2017 07:31AM

Remember Everything

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 09, 2017 08:04AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
> Dan followed G&M's wishes. But other
> big fish pastors and shepherds also mistreated
> members. Without G&M knowledge. Some enjoyed it.

true

Posted by: howmidoing ()
Date: April 09, 2017 09:49AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NickleandDimed Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >>
> > howmidoing, FB so members can connect. Find old
> > friends. Good idea.
>
>
> Yes to that. I enjoy relating to most everyone on
> the forum even if we don't share the same beliefs.
> But because this message board isn't about
> discussing our beliefs, I thought that possibly FB
> could be a place to do that. A number of posters
> have shared that while they follow Jesus, they
> don't attend church. Maybe there would be an
> interest in a secret FB page to share
> thoughts and insights into the red words.

That's cool. Sure. We can certainly setup some positive ground rules for the secret page - like: we CAN discuss religious beliefs, etc.

Although, if anyone wants to debate religious beliefs with me here, you are welcome to PM me. I don't check this everyday, but I will respond.

Just as a side note - I personally think, if former members of LW no longer ascribe to Jesus and the Trinity, then LW has won (I mean they are the "right" way to the Kingdom, right?). Just my biased opinion. Please feel free to ignore! :)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: April 10, 2017 07:13AM

* * * * * FLASHBACK SUNDAY * * * * *

(Or all the fun we are missing out on.)

- - - - -

Pray Without Ceasing!

Posted on April 5, 2017
by Debbie Oliveira

[www.haleokaula.org]

- - - - -

Christ Ends Your Mistrust

Posted on April 7, 2017
by Craig Haworth

[www.shilohiowa.org]

- - - - -

Passover Judges The Gods You Serve

Posted on April 7, 2017
by Gary Hargrave

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 07:17AM by kBOY.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.