Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: December 04, 2008 11:21PM

Worship_Big
Lest we be deceived that the Hired hand and his band of merry 'yes' men are alone in their deceptive, manipulative and spiritually abusive ways... I found an article about a so called 'pastor' in Virginia and another trail of destruction.

The headline reads:
"In Va., a Powerful and Polarizing Pastor
A Loudoun Minister Inspires Loyalty From Followers, Anger From Ex-Members With Torn Lives and Moral Pain"

Here is the link. It's a five page article but mirrors so much what is happening at rlc even down to the arogance of the leadership!

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Hope this will open some eyes to the depth of deception being thrust upon the church today.

OH MY GOODNESS!! That article was a great read. This story is identical to RLC as you stated. It is clear that there must be a demonic spirit who has led all of these leaders. There are too many stories that are imitate each other.

I want to challenge all of you to read this story that WORSHIP_BIG posted. It will bring much enightenment. Everything to being classified as godhaters when you leave, to the pastor encouraging woman to divorce, to a blood for riches and expensive cars, to seperating from there original mother organization and becoming independant, to preaching that all churches other than this one is not on the right track, to taking a young 20 year old virgin into his home and bed (sound familiar), to practicing "judgment of others, not with a gavel, but with subtle, gentle suggestions and enforcing baloon giving even if you are struggling financially. There is so much more.

Thank you for sharing that info.

-Ryan-

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 05, 2008 02:54AM

The article from the The Washington Post has amazing parallels to Tony Cunningham and Radiant Life Church. Thank you, Worship Big, for finding this and sharing it with us.

In reference to a previous posting, I'm okay with The Sacramento Bee writing an exposé. I cringe at the thought of giving Tony his Narcissistic Supply in the form of such an article, but shouldn’t people be warned? Shouldn’t people know this is lurking in our community? Shouldn’t people who have been spiritually abused feel vindicated? Shouldn’t Tony and his current RLC Elders, followers, students, business partners, protégés and pastors be held accountable for their association and involvement in Radiant Life Church and its sister churches?

Posted by: SilentJ ()
Date: December 05, 2008 03:09AM

Radiant Life is like "The Truman Show"... that is, until a spotlight randomly falls from the sky and then you realize something isn't right... the truth is out now.

Posted by: EGCC18yrsAgo ()
Date: December 05, 2008 03:55AM

I am posting on this forum only to tell my little knowledge EGCC and TC. None of you would know who I am, I attended the FCOG youth group 18 years ago when TC was the youth pastor. Yes, back when his first attempt to divide a church worked, and he took half a congregation with him for his new church, EGCC. One of those people who went, some of you probably do know, as he brought half the youth group at that time to the "new church." My friend stayed for many years, following God's will. Or what TC told him was God's will. I won't mention his name, as none of you have so far, but he was a talented young man with a heart devoted to God.
Even though this person has not been a part of RLC, he was very much a part of EGCC. Some of the postings I have read on here are some of the very same things he has told me that happened to him while at EGCC. He realized TC was not quoting scripture correctly, read it for himself, and chose to leave a few years back. He was never raised as a leader even though he was devoted, and now I realize why, he had too many questions from the start. He had a brain! What makes me so sad, is that this person I knew as a strong man of God, will not go to church now. He has said it's not just because of TC, but I strongly believe that has a lot to do with it after reading the posts. My friend said he will post one day soon, though.

My personal experience with EGCC was pleasant enough. I had quit going to church for a while after youth group. I got married and had kids of my own. I later decided I wanted my kids to have God in their life, even though my husband at the time did not believe in God, so I went back to EGCC. Loved the worship, RC remembered who I was after so many years, and that touched me. I went off and on for about a year, no real commitment. Then TC preached one Sunday about the great move to Stockton Blvd. He said they were selling some land they had got so they could renovate the bowling alley, because the building was given to them (yes, I've read the articles and posts on that situation, and WOW). In the same sermon, he was asking for more donations for the renovations, even though they were selling some land, and then talked about his mustang with the expensive wheels. I knew then that this was not the place I wanted my kids at, nor me. Sounds silly I know, but that is what did it for me, I did not go back.

A few months later my friends mom invited me back to the church where I had originally attended as a youth, FCOG. I have been there faithfully now for five years, and love it. My kids love it too, and now my daughter goes to youth there under a good youth pastor a lot of you know.
One more note, the church I go too now is still very much a part of Church of God - Anderson, IN. Every year our Board of Trustees opens the books and lets everyone have a copy of what’s going on with finances, with our Pastor's full blessing. And the whole church votes at the annual business meeting.
Thanks for reading my two cents worth. Please pray for my friend I mentioned above, and anyone is welcome @ FCOG if you are still looking for churches to visit.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: December 05, 2008 08:30AM

EGCC18yrsAgo
I am posting on this forum only to tell my little knowledge EGCC and TC. None of you would know who I am, I attended the FCOG youth group 18 years ago when TC was the youth pastor. Yes, back when his first attempt to divide a church worked, and he took half a congregation with him for his new church, EGCC. One of those people who went, some of you probably do know, as he brought half the youth group at that time to the "new church." My friend stayed for many years, following God's will. Or what TC told him was God's will. I won't mention his name, as none of you have so far, but he was a talented young man with a heart devoted to God.
Even though this person has not been a part of RLC, he was very much a part of EGCC. Some of the postings I have read on here are some of the very same things he has told me that happened to him while at EGCC. He realized TC was not quoting scripture correctly, read it for himself, and chose to leave a few years back. He was never raised as a leader even though he was devoted, and now I realize why, he had too many questions from the start. He had a brain! What makes me so sad, is that this person I knew as a strong man of God, will not go to church now. He has said it's not just because of TC, but I strongly believe that has a lot to do with it after reading the posts. My friend said he will post one day soon, though.

My personal experience with EGCC was pleasant enough. I had quit going to church for a while after youth group. I got married and had kids of my own. I later decided I wanted my kids to have God in their life, even though my husband at the time did not believe in God, so I went back to EGCC. Loved the worship, RC remembered who I was after so many years, and that touched me. I went off and on for about a year, no real commitment. Then TC preached one Sunday about the great move to Stockton Blvd. He said they were selling some land they had got so they could renovate the bowling alley, because the building was given to them (yes, I've read the articles and posts on that situation, and WOW). In the same sermon, he was asking for more donations for the renovations, even though they were selling some land, and then talked about his mustang with the expensive wheels. I knew then that this was not the place I wanted my kids at, nor me. Sounds silly I know, but that is what did it for me, I did not go back.

A few months later my friends mom invited me back to the church where I had originally attended as a youth, FCOG. I have been there faithfully now for five years, and love it. My kids love it too, and now my daughter goes to youth there under a good youth pastor a lot of you know.
One more note, the church I go too now is still very much a part of Church of God - Anderson, IN. Every year our Board of Trustees opens the books and lets everyone have a copy of what’s going on with finances, with our Pastor's full blessing. And the whole church votes at the annual business meeting.
Thanks for reading my two cents worth. Please pray for my friend I mentioned above, and anyone is welcome @ FCOG if you are still looking for churches to visit.

Thanks EGCC18yrsAgo for coming on here and sharing your experience. It is sad that Tony's act (and that is what it is) has gone on for 18 years unchecked. You are bold and brave for coming here to share. Thank you.

Posted by: wherefromhere ()
Date: December 05, 2008 12:20PM

i attend TPCWOC and thought you might like to know that SOMA NW is changing their name now to get away from review and Tony Cunningham. Soma is registered with the state of Wa and if you read our license it says we are Radiant Life of Sacramento SOMA - SOMA was Soma sacramento for the first two years, soma tuition was pd to radiant life. soma pd tony to come up and teach. they are still considering him coming up. Should I be concerned?

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: December 05, 2008 03:46PM

"It is often argued that we should stay in the midst of churches and bodies whose sins and follies we deplore, in the hope of saving them for God and mankind. Such reasoning has a good deal of force in the first stages of decline. A strong protest may arrest error and stop the gangrene. But as time advances, and the whole body becomes diseased; when the protests have been disregarded, and the arguments trampled underfoot; when the majority have clearly taken up their position against the truth--we have no alternative but to come out and be separate. The place from which we can exert the strongest influence for good is not from within, but from without. Lot lost all influence of his life in Sodom; but Abraham, from the heights of Mamre, was able to exert a mighty influence on its history." - F.B. Meyer.

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: December 05, 2008 10:46PM

Before it get's too burried in the forum, if you have any doubts as to where rlc is headed... please read the article below. Found in the Washinton Post...

Worship_Big
Lest we be deceived that the Hired hand and his band of merry 'yes' men are alone in their deceptive, manipulative and spiritually abusive ways... I found an article about a so called 'pastor' in Virginia and another trail of destruction.

The headline reads:
"In Va., a Powerful and Polarizing Pastor
A Loudoun Minister Inspires Loyalty From Followers, Anger From Ex-Members With Torn Lives and Moral Pain"

Here is the link. It's a five page article but mirrors so much what is happening at rlc even down to the arogance of the leadership!

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Hope this will open some eyes to the depth of deception being thrust upon the church today.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: December 06, 2008 01:17AM

wherefromhere
i attend TPCWOC and thought you might like to know that SOMA NW is changing their name now to get away from review and Tony Cunningham. Soma is registered with the state of Wa and if you read our license it says we are Radiant Life of Sacramento SOMA - SOMA was Soma sacramento for the first two years, soma tuition was pd to radiant life. soma pd tony to come up and teach. they are still considering him coming up. Should I be concerned?

Not only should you have concern but you should ask your leadership if they are aware of what is taking place here. The fact is Mr. Cunningham has become increasingly worse over the past few months as this thing has begun to unfold. His blatant disregard for others, his negating any responsibility, his gossip and slander of others, his manipulation and his isolation have reached to levels beyond what I ever saw while I attended… you might be concerned about your fellowship allowing someone in this much question to speak to students regarding ministry and how they should be conducting themselves… at the same time his intensives are fashioned to send more than one message, that’s why you all thought he was such a powerful spiritual leader… people with NPD manipulate and create an image that is false that those people would become deceived and supportive of the Narcissist… keep that in mind while he is trying to fill your mind…

Side note: Soma in Sacramento died due to the exposure of Mr. Cunningham… there is no more Soma Sacramento…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2008 01:20AM by Ring barer.

Date: December 06, 2008 02:08AM

This is an interesting development. If you have been following the all the comments related to Turning Point Church you will have noticed that early on someone asked Turning Point about the relationship with Tony and if SOMA NW sent any money to RLC. I believe it the reported response was "No".

If SOMA in Sacramento is now defunct then that may explain why SOMA NW is changing their name (if they are licensed under SOMA sacramento). The other possibility is they are seeking to disconnect from the discussion that is taking place about SOMA. Changing names is a tactic that many destructive churches/organizations will use when the light is cast upon those organizations. It is an attempt to hide. I do not know if this is the case with SOMA NW. Please keep the forum updated. Let us know when you know the new name.

wherefromhere

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.