Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: December 06, 2008 07:13AM

RingBarer........................just want to clarify again. SOMA is done??? That is no more on Stockton Blvd. If so, that really shows how worthless the training was................. nonacredited, expensive, young immature pastors teaching, teachers who had no real training or life experience, false gospels spread, poor kids who forsook traditional high school to homeschool and go to SOMA, people who made great sacrifice from family and job to attend............then it just closes down like that???????? i want my money back. It was a worthless vehicle of propaganda for Tony's manipulation. I am just really sorry that some of the people I still care about who attended are so caught up in the lie. If SOMA was real and god ordained it would survive, but the fact is it wasnt for the students it was for Tony. I can't say that I did not try to warn people like Kyle Hernandez who I cared about from wasting precious young years and putting so much of their worship in Tony, SOMA, and the church. You guys have to wake up and move on. Tony is not the man you want to believe he is. you are trying to think this out so much you are avoiding the actions and the reality. I really think if it is true SOMA has closed down that everyone who attended should get together and file a class action suit for recovery of tuitions for false teaching. Those who still owe their bills should not pay and type out a letter to them that they are not paying based on false representations by the school. WOW SOMA SINKS. That is a start. Now what will all the youngsters have to worship and talk about. Life goes on after SOMA, Did it really train and equip you. We were all misled. It is so simple and false teachers like Tony complicate it so much. Mother Theresa did not need to go to SOMA. She did however go to nunery where she studied and was accountable to others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ihavedecided ()
Date: December 06, 2008 08:12AM

whatajoke
RingBarer........................just want to clarify again. SOMA is done??? That is no more on Stockton Blvd. If so, that really shows how worthless the training was................. nonacredited, expensive, young immature pastors teaching, teachers who had no real training or life experience, false gospels spread, poor kids who forsook traditional high school to homeschool and go to SOMA, people who made great sacrifice from family and job to attend............then it just closes down like that???????? i want my money back. It was a worthless vehicle of propaganda for Tony's manipulation. I am just really sorry that some of the people I still care about who attended are so caught up in the lie. If SOMA was real and god ordained it would survive, but the fact is it wasnt for the students it was for Tony. I can't say that I did not try to warn people like Kyle Hernandez who I cared about from wasting precious young years and putting so much of their worship in Tony, SOMA, and the church. You guys have to wake up and move on. Tony is not the man you want to believe he is. you are trying to think this out so much you are avoiding the actions and the reality. I really think if it is true SOMA has closed down that everyone who attended should get together and file a class action suit for recovery of tuitions for false teaching. Those who still owe their bills should not pay and type out a letter to them that they are not paying based on false representations by the school. WOW SOMA SINKS. That is a start. Now what will all the youngsters have to worship and talk about. Life goes on after SOMA, Did it really train and equip you. We were all misled. It is so simple and false teachers like Tony complicate it so much. Mother Theresa did not need to go to SOMA. She did however go to nunery where she studied and was accountable to others.

I am certainly not going to cry over the demise of SOMA Sacramento. However, I believe it is extremly irresponsible to lump all teachers into your tirade. Not every teacher promoted the Tony agenda! I don't know what years you attended, maybe all your teachers fit your catagory - but I would argue that some of the teachers over the years did not. Perhaps the personal mudslinging should stop inorder to facilitate the opportunity for this form to be a safe place of healing.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: December 06, 2008 11:23AM

I have not had a chance to read many of the postings for a couple of days.
WOW!!!!
....all...I.....can...say
...Would somebody please, send in the men with the white coat and please prepare a rubber padded room for Tony!!!

What we have all experienced at Radiant Life has deeply effected each and every one of us what is the number up to now 600+?

Our story's of how we were deceived and led astray, spiritually abused and taken advantage of needs to be told! All in an effort to warn the many others out there in this world so they will know what to look for when facing the deceptive devils in sheep's clothing.

Tony is not the only one out there leading people astray and I believe the false teachers and false apostles are still a coming. We as believers of Jesus Christ Crucified and Resurrected need to be strong! as the church is going to undergo sever persecution.

BraveHeart

Date: December 07, 2008 01:42AM

I have decideds quote:
I am certainly not going to cry over the demise of SOMA Sacramento. However, I believe it is extremly irresponsible to lump all teachers into your tirade. Not every teacher promoted the Tony agenda! I don't know what years you attended, maybe all your teachers fit your catagory - but I would argue that some of the teachers over the years did not. Perhaps the personal mudslinging should stop inorder to facilitate the opportunity for this form to be a safe place of healing.[/quote]

Response:
Sorry, I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings. I actually did not lump all teachers into my tirade if you read carefully. However, I disagree and do not believe my comment is irresponsible. It is my truth and what I observed. If they werent promoting the Tony agenda they were young and immature. All my teachers fit one of the categories I listed. I think I struck a vein with teachers promoting Tony's agenda but in my last post I never mention that. So if you were a teacher in SOMA and not promoting Tonys agenda then I thank you. I did not see it. But make sure you face your reality if you were and deal with it. In my "tirade" I probably should have mentioned teachers pushing Tonys agenda but I did not. Tony did a good enough job himself pushing his agenda and I would agree that not all teachers were actively promoting his agenda all the time but in my experience I stand by my statement..............the school is unacredited, expensive, has young immature pastors teaching, has teachers with little life experience, false gospels were spread, young kids did not go to traditional high schoo and were homeshcooled while going to SOMA, some people sacrificed family and job. And...............I saw that it was all about Tonys agenda in the big picture whether you or any teacher promoted it every day or not. It was promoted and sickening to watch. There were a few exceptions that I can think of but not many. If you are an exception then I am sorry. Also, if you are referring to my last post only as you have it quoted, I never said "all" The references are to groupings and not even all the possible groupings of destructiveness are listed. SOMA was in fact just vehicle to manipulate and control people and if you were a teacher then you have some accountability for that. But make no mistake it was all about Tony and how he wanted to control and manipulate the kids and young adults. It was a Tony worship party.

Date: December 07, 2008 01:49AM

And PS.....................this place has been a safe place for healing for quite a while now. Read the testimonies. You can call it mudslinging but it is my experience and speaking about it is why this place has become a safe place for healing.

Date: December 07, 2008 01:55AM

and just wondering......................this is your first post and out of all the posts on here this has struck a nerve. I believe it is personal with you so I just want to reiterate if you were a teacher in SOMA and you felt you did not promote Tonys agenda, that is great and I am sorry. But I do not retract my statement in any way. And I will continue to speak up as the lack of speaking is why Tony has manipulated for so long.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: December 07, 2008 03:26AM

Ever heard of "The Wave" . Here is a clip of the first part of a movie on "The Wave" [www.youtube.com] . You can watch the whole thing on youtube if you would like.

Maybe it will bring some perspective to how some of these things spoken of have happened not only at RLC but sometimes even on a much larger scale.

It is imperative that everyone be warned!

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: December 07, 2008 02:44PM

Ihavedecided

I am certainly not going to cry over the demise of SOMA Sacramento. However, I believe it is extremly irresponsible to lump all teachers into your tirade. Not every teacher promoted the Tony agenda! I don't know what years you attended, maybe all your teachers fit your catagory - but I would argue that some of the teachers over the years did not. Perhaps the personal mudslinging should stop inorder to facilitate the opportunity for this form to be a safe place of healing.

Ihavedecided,
I am not sure if you or were a teacher, but I attended all 3 years of Soma as well as 1.5 years of Soma AD. In all of the years, the ONLY teacher that did not teach out of Tonys agenda and philosophies, from my own experience, was Ron Ritzema. If you are a teacher or if any other teacher is reading this forum, you CANNOT BE under Tonys influence and teachings and not "give" what was given you. Ron R was an apologetics teacher and strictly taught on and out of his personal studies through the years as well as first hand experience of "religious culture" from around the world. It sounded as if you took offense to Whatajokes post, but I stand in agreement to a lot of what he said. If you were a teacher or even if you were not a teacher at RLC, but don't agree, that is OK. I am just saying that for the most part, everyone who taught at RLC Soma and in discipleship, taught out of Tonys philosophies. If someone thinks that they were the "exeption" to the matter, give it time and look into yourself deeply for truth and you will discover that you probably taught some pretty messed up stuff. I myself have looked back, and though my motives seemed pure and for the good, I still taught some pretty jacked up stuff mixed with some good stuff. Regardless, I am at fault and admit to it. May God continue to show us all mercy. I am glad He is bigger than this whole mess.

-Ryan-

Date: December 07, 2008 04:36PM

DejaVu.........YES I agree Rohn Ritzema definately was not pushing Tonys agenda as a teacher. His teachings were pure apologetics and was the funnest and most exciting class for me while I was attending. It was the only class I looked forward to going to. So Rohn, I apologize to you if you read this and felt lumped in with all of my tirade. I would say you are the exception. However, I definately can not remember anyone else. There may have been some who were not so active in doing so. But most were pushing his agenda by default even if they didnt realize it.

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: December 08, 2008 02:45AM

Rohn Ritzema is a good man, I believe that he was one of the elders who resigned although I don't know why. I believe that I read on this blog that he was one of the elders who stood up to Tony. If anyone has any information to that affect please post.

I would like to address another false teaching of Tony and one that is taught frequently at RLC and used to stifle criticism and complaint.

It's RLC's teaching about accusation.
Tony frequently taught that ALL accusation was a tool of the enemy. Anytime someone accused RLC or Tony, they were being used used by the "enemy".
I frequently over the last 8 years that I attended RLC heard Tony myself teach that accusation was a tool of the devil.

This teaching has kept those on the inside in check. You see, anyone on the outside that points out the many false teachings and practices is called an accuser, and is then pointed to as a pawn of the enemy. They are dangerous (because they obviously are listening to the devil) and because they are not giving glowing reports of how incredibly awesome Tony is, they are listening to the devil and those who are bitter.

Problem is
God accuses.
see Psalm 50: 21. Isa 57: 16.
Job 38:2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?" sounds like an accusation to me.
2 Sam. 12:7 "Then Nathan said to David 'You are the man!'" definately an accusation. and Nathan is a Prophet of God.
1 Tim. 5:19 "Do not entertain an accusation against and elder UNLESS it is brought by two or three witnesses." Sounds almost like we SHOULD entertain it if it is brought by two or three witnesses.

How would our society look like if you couldn't accuse someone of doing wrong?
"well I know that we have live witnesses and a video feed showing Billy pointing a gun at the bank tellers head and demanding money, but we don't want to be accusers now, after all I don't want to be a tool of the devil"

Sounds stupid because it is.
We are told not to falsely accuse. Luke 3:14

We know that the devil is a liar and so when he accuses it probably is some form of false accusation (Rom 12:10). Besides, by the Blood of the Lamb and the grace of God we are make blameless of our sins before God.

The people of this blog (me included) have indeed accused RLC and Tony of false teachings.
These accusations are not false, nor are they of the devil, and there have been more than just 2 accusers on every issue.

If you are on the inside (RLC) and discount everything written on this blog as accusers who are being used of the devil, then I would ask you to think again.
Use your reasoning powers, and don't just swallow whole what has been said. Search the scriptures. Take any thought of Tony out of the equation and just ask God to show you what is right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.