Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 28, 2008 03:04AM

TomWilson
EZE3.17
Question du jour:

True or False? A cub reporter for The Sacramento Bee can launch a brilliant journalistic career by publishing a series of investigative reports on the drama at RLC.

True of False Posts like this one contribute nothing to the forum.

I'm personally tired of coming on here and finding crap like this it is adolescent at best and there is no value in it to anyone.

I agree with Tom. I do not want to discourage you to post but we are not trying talk in riddles on here. If there is something you want to say then just say it. These posts are not very enlightening or expressive of a view.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 28, 2008 03:14AM

tammy1019
I'm sorry I seem to have broken the unwritten rule of not asking for specifics when you all think they are written here on the board.

Tammy, this is not an unwritten rule and sorry that you are trying to put it back on us. I think that there is just major disagreement in that we are saying there definately are specifics on here and for some reason you have read through everything and do not see them. Refer to the testimonies of Braveheart and his kid regarding spiritual parenting. There are more. Refer to RingBarer on covenant relationships. Refer to the stories of the baby on abbhorant behaviour. Refer to all the stories regarding twisted scripture and bad teaching on submission. We are just telling you that it is there and we can not go back and start recreating over 100 pages of testimony. The proof is in the exodus. I wish you the best whether you stay or go. If you stay then just be careful.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 28, 2008 03:22AM

TomWilson
EZE3.17
Question du jour:

True or False? A cub reporter for The Sacramento Bee can launch a brilliant journalistic career by publishing a series of investigative reports on the drama at RLC.

True of False Posts like this one contribute nothing to the forum.

I'm personally tired of coming on here and finding crap like this it is adolescent at best and there is no value in it to anyone.

Tom I am goina to have to disagree with you buddy,
the answer is "true"
any one could have an excelent opertunity by publishing a series of investigative reports or writing a book. Heck rlc has the makings of somebody going postal someday.

I also think we have the making of an excelent movie here.

oh a side note: check out the movie second chance by Christian Punk Rocker Steve Taylor.

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: November 28, 2008 03:30AM

whatajoke
"Tom this message wasnt really intended as a response to you

I didn't believe you were directing at or to me. How could it have been directed at me as those were not my words I quoted another person that I had a conversation with." And my statement regarding what they told me was it is was selfish.

However in 31 years that I've been in Christ I have known few who didn't base their church attendance choices on completely selfish subjective criteria. In stead of it being about Christ for most in my limited experience it is all about Me. After all is it not possible even probable that God could place you or me somewhere we are not being fed.

Shepherds do not feed sheep they lead them to where safe and nutritious food is and sheep feed themselves and they then keep the sheep safe from predators, dangers, heal their wounds, care for the sheep in other ways that are I will not go into detail about, and go after them when they wander away.

On a different note: If you haven't read or heard of the book the Shack by William Paul Young I highly recommend it. It has been #1 on the New York Times Best books list for a while. I happen to personally know a man they helped edit and ghost write the book. I also think many if all on this forum will find it valuable. I don't want to give anything away about it. If you want to learn more about it you can go to www.theshackbook.com and read some about it. The story of how it came into being and became published is interesting in and of itself. I've read it once already myself and no I'm in the process of reading it a second time. Also in talking to my friend (Wayne Jacobs) who was involved with it I have learned that a movie of the book is in the works to be released to the general public. I don't normally go on and on about things like this, but this really is a great book and I genuinely believe everyone here would value immensely from it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2008 03:58AM by TomWilson.

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: November 28, 2008 03:45AM

This is my first post
I would like to address the issue of alleged Tony bashing on this forum.
The thing that most people who weren't ever inner circle don't understand is that once you come out and breath the free air, once you step out and look at things from the outdside having once been in the inside, then you realise that RLC is indeed a cult. RLC is a cult, and Tony is a false teacher in every sense of the word.
The first way that RLC is a Cult is in the way that Tony the false teacher is worshipped thus making it a PERSONALITY CULT after the person (little god) Tony Cunningham. Why so much attention to Tony? He has brought it upon himself. Tony has made RLC all about him.
To the inner circle, Tony is the unquestionable authority. His interpretation of scripture is the only solid one. His revelation is always perfect, and he always knows what is best and we should all follow him. Want to be blessed in your marriage? Do as Tony tells you to do. Want to prosper in business? follow Tonys perfect light and advice. Want God's favor in your life? Give an extra 1/2 tithe - cash only thanks- under the table to Tony, and your honoring Tony the apostle will open the heavens and allow God to bless you. Cross Tony or bring and issue of concern to him and prepare to have your person ridiculed to the core. Break of relationship with Tony, and he will write your name on a stick and break the stick symbolising the breaking of God's favor over you, and he will then sit back and wait for a bad report about you to tickle his ears. Does this seem cynical? Well, sadly it is the truth.
Tony has enriched himself at the flocks expense. Check out the lavish cars, the lavish lifestyle, the artwork in his house. If it belongs to Tony it is only first rate. Second best in meant for others.
Humility? The last time that I saw Tony humble and teachable was.........I just don't seem to remember when. Tony is more into himself that any of us would ever dare to think. Sooooo if you are looking for a church that is all about one person --Not Jesus Christ-- then RLC is the place for you. Prepare to leave your mind at the door.

That is just the first part of what is wrong at RLC. It's primary leader is a man full of spiritual pride, and he has eliminated any leadership that might question him.
Poor Tony? I think not, he has brought this upon his own head.

Now to the Cult stuff
Yes, it is real, and if RLC isn't a cult, then it is on the border leaning into cultland in an out of balanced way (picture falling)
How? lots of ways already layed out on this forum.

RLC through the headship of Tony Cunningham has introduced teachings that maybe you won't hear on sunday mornings, but they are real and have ruined the faith of many. The fruit is bad - how do you recognise a false teacher according to Jesus? Fruit, those in the inner circle and the closest to Tony are the angriest, and the most screwed up.

For instance: God ordainded marriage. Read Genesis if you will. That is God's primary plan for human relationship. Lots is written about it.
Well, along comes Tony and introduces Spiritual Parenting. He himself takes married young women as his spiritual daughters. Tony introduces into the marriage between two other people HIMSELF. Thats not God's order! Now the husband has to compete with Tony for the emotional affection for his wife! And suprise, it bears bad fruit! Tony cannot bear to admit that this was a false teaching (which by the way, he introduced and championed and modeled), because that would mean that he was a false teacher, and that might screw up the whole I'm never wrong because I'm the apostle gig that has given me a lavish lifestyle that is completely out of proportion to the role of Senior Pastor.

But wait, theres more to come.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 28, 2008 12:51PM

Here is something to consider if you are sitting under Tony's teachings. Or you find yourself under the teachings of one of Tony's Clones. And for those of you who are in Elk Grove, that would be all the people he has influenced i.e. the ones he disciples and mentors.
This applies to all the people who are at
Radiant Life in Sacramento &
Radiant Life in West Sacramento,
Turning Point in Marysville Washington and
Life Change church in Coos Bay Oregon
and any other community's that Tony has frequented like Davis Ca & Folsom Ca

OK
Lets say for the sake of illustration that Tony was 90% truthful and only 10% false teaching.
I have heard some say that no body is perfect and that they are willing to overlook the 10%.
Some of you would say that your only going to accept the 90% and reject the 10%
That some how your able to constantly weed through all the teaching and pull out the bad stuff.

Hmm

That would be like taking an ice cold unopened bottle water water that is 100% pure and adding 10 drops of dirty toilet water to it,
then drinking it!

That is precisely what the elders of RLc are doing.

and some how you are OK with this?

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: November 28, 2008 02:01PM

Beg your pardon, Mr. Wilson, but I belive you are in error recommending The Shack to people without first carefully comparing it to the Word of God. We will be held accountable for such things, and Scripture instructs us to watch our life and doctrine CLOSELY. I know it is an emotionally powerful book, but please consult the following review before continuing to recommend it to others. Thank you.

[www.leadingtheway.org]

Date: November 29, 2008 12:30AM

Great analogy. I agree with you 100%. I think it is often easier for Tony's supporters to turn a deaf ear because the alternative would be too much work and too painful. In some cases it would involve making a lot of apologies to a lot of people, so best to continue believing Tony and just dealing with "events" one by one rather than as a collective whole. Too add to your water analogy, I think saying that Tony's teachings are possibly 10% wrong speaks to how he is not in line with God. People who love God treat others as if they matter. T does not treat people as Christ would. If he were really one with God, would 10% of his teachings be wrong? I think T picked religion as his vessel to achieve power, fame and money. His intentions may have been genuine at some point, but if so that was over a decade ago. As Christians it is our duty to right our wrongs, whether we were the offended or the offendee. We are responsible in BOTH situations to reconcile. The simple idea that T might read these postings but does not attempt to hurt any wrongs speaks volumes about his actual relationship with God. Is this the man that people want leading RLC? People deserve better.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 29, 2008 12:31AM

Please avoid drifting off topic.

If you wish to discuss a book, start a new thread on that subject.

Also, please avoid preaching personal views, debating religious beliefs, etc.

This thread is about RLC and the behavior within that church.

Some biblical references are meaningful, but don't sidetrack the thread.

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: November 29, 2008 04:18AM

LearningPoint
Beg your pardon, Mr. Wilson, but I belive you are in error recommending The Shack to people without first carefully comparing it to the Word of God. We will be held accountable for such things, and Scripture instructs us to watch our life and doctrine CLOSELY. I know it is an emotionally powerful book, but please consult the following review before continuing to recommend it to others. Thank you.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the recommended book and with that of the link you provided, but in the interest of keeping this thread on topic let's move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.