Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: December 16, 2008 09:11AM

Does anybody remember when tony was first referred to as an "apostle"?

Did he come up with that himself or was he "annointed" to it by someone else.

From my reading of scripture only Jesus himself appointed apostles with the exception of the apostle who was elected by the apostles (who Jesus picked himself) by the casting of lots.

So who's picking the modern day apostles?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: December 16, 2008 11:54AM

wantingtruth
Does anybody remember when tony was first referred to as an "apostle"?

Did he come up with that himself or was he "annointed" to it by someone else.

From my reading of scripture only Jesus himself appointed apostles with the exception of the apostle who was elected by the apostles (who Jesus picked himself) by the casting of lots.

So who's picking the modern day apostles?

Brother brother I go into to this I want to say I hope you know I love and respect you.

Secondly Tony Cunningham is a false apostle. Just to make sure I am clear enough Tony Cunningham is a false apostle. That is unless it is 2 hours after God has already allowed the weather announcers to know and to publicly announce that the hurricane is going to change directions and Tony drags 2 uninformed people with him out to Galveston and prays and God moves the Hurricane that he has already moved.

I am sure you were there though the night the Thomas Muthee laid hands on Tony C. commissioning him into Apostolic ministry.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Ac 14:14- But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting:

In this verse Barnabas is referred to as an apostle.

Ro 16:7 - Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

In this verse the Apostle Paul calls Andronicus or Junias outstanding apostles.

Neither Barnabas, Andronicus, and Junias were appointed by Jesus or the Apostles He appointed. If you study in depth all the passages on Spiritual Spiritual Gifts (Charismata) you will find out that apostle is one of the charismata. Matter of fact I am going to be so bold as to say that the scripture does not refer to apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers as offices in the ecclesia, but they are only functions or as the respected prophetic minister Graham Cooke says job descriptions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2008 11:55AM by TomWilson.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: December 16, 2008 12:47PM

Tom..........just one false apostle deeming another false apostle. One persons opinion that I happen to totally agree with. Muthee is a nut and false teacher and apostle himself.

October 18, 2008
Thomas Muthee Exposed As A False Bishop.

False claims exposed of Kenyan pastor who protected Sarah Palin from witches

A Kenyan pastor who prayed to protect Vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin from witches is being criticized at home after it emerged that his chief claim to power - that he forced an evil, spell-casting woman from town - was false.

By Nick Wadhams in Nairobi
Last Updated: 5:47PM BST 15 Oct 2008

Bishop Thomas Muthee staked his early reputation in the town of Kiambu on boasts that he banished a witch named Mama Jane, whom he blamed for crime, traffic accidents and public drunkenness in town. Once she fled, Muthee claimed, her spell was broken and peace returned.

In fact, Mama Jane never left. She is a pastor just down the road from Muthee’s Word of Faith Church.

“Muthee was saying that this was a place of witch doctors - where do you see the witch?” said Mama Jane, whose real name is Jane Njenga.

Muthee’s claims tap into a powerful belief system across Africa. Evangelical Christian churches have become incredibly popular - there are 500 churches in Kiambu alone - but some religious leaders still exploit their followers’ traditional belief in witchcraft and sorcery.

It is clearly boom times for Muthee’s church. A 5,000-seat complex is under construction and a 12,000 seat auditorium is planned.

Muthee spends much of his time these days traveling the world delivering sermons. Mrs Palin, John McCain’s running mate, prayed with Muthee in her hometown of Wasilla, Alaska in 2005. He asked God to protect Palin from “every form of witchcraft,” and to bring help her way. She later credited him with helping her to win the job of governor of Alaska.

Rival pastors in Kiambu now denounce Muthee for his treatment of Mama Jane.

“You cannot make personal gain on crucifying a woman,” said an ally of Mama Jane, Pastor Gideon Maina. “As a man of God, you don’t make your name by stepping on other people’s names.”

A pastor at Muthee’s church who identified himself as Patrick would not discuss Muthee’s claims about Mama Jane. But he said there was no question that witches roam the Earth.

“We don’t go seeking witches, but we know there are witches all around the world, even in America,” he said.

First of all, Christians don’t go around trying to conduct witch hunts, to run people suspected of being witches out of town. The Apostles of the Lord Jesus cast demons out of people, but they never deemed someone a witch that needed to be run out of town by force. If there is a witch in a town, tell that witch the gospel message, if the Lord wills cast whatever demon is in them out of them through fasting and prayer not demands the person themselves leave town and warn others to stay away from the witch if they continue in witchcraft. While Muthee’s witch hunt claim is bogus, in some parts of Africa these things are very ugly and result in women being picked out and at times murdered, nothing godly about it. Often the women are not witches at all, just claimed to be by whatever sick person decides they are one. The person claiming somebody is a witch usually does it for their own personal gain.

Thomas Muthee is a lying pulpit pimp of the Word of Faith heresy, with links to the New Apostolic Reformation nuts.

The fact Palin claims that man as someone who supposedly reached God on her behalf, shows that she’s 100% into the bad doctrine they promote.

Posted by: FreeToBeMe ()
Date: December 16, 2008 01:41PM

This website might help to enlighten a bit on the way the word "apostle" is used throughout the New Testament. It is used to describe the 12 apostles, as well as others who were not part of the 12. It literally means to be "sent". There are good references here: [www.carm.org]

Tony Cunningham could claim to be an apostle, or a sent out one, but he certainly could not claim to be one of THE inner circle apostles who needed to have been chosen personally by Jesus, which included the first 12, then the one who replaced Judas - Matthias, and then later, Paul. Those were the only true APOSTLES, meaning someone who was taught by Jesus, chosen by Jesus, and sent out by Jesus. Other apostles are merely "sent out".

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: December 16, 2008 02:36PM

Does anyone have any insight or information on the current state of the union at the compound on Stockton Boulevard?????

Posted by: kashmir74 ()
Date: December 16, 2008 11:59PM

Hello all,

Ex RLC alumni here. Just wanted to know if Dan Flory is still there? Special shout out to Heidi and to Kevin R. I love you both, tried to get a message to Kevin over a year or so ago through RLC church members. I didn't know what happened only that he was "gone." I wanted to tell him that he was on my heart and that the Lord had me praying for him faithfully and that he will be "restored". Love you guys!

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: December 17, 2008 12:25AM

whatajoke
Does anyone have any insight or information on the current state of the union at the compound on Stockton Boulevard?????

Well whatajoke, it seems to me that it is more of the same song and dance...
The hired hand is blaming everyone else for his shortcomings and failures as both a pastor and a man. There is gossip and slander overflowing the leadership meetings both public and private about all who have left and the trouble we are causing. There is a constant public denial of any wrongdoing, responsibility or accountability for what has taken place over the last 15+ years and leadership is running amok and roughshod over those who are left seemingly working overtime to "right the ship" and polish the image so to speak. I believe that they are moving forward with the plan to split current resources and plant 3 "new" church bodies in Elk Grove, Sacramento and Roseville areas. No doubt the name will be changed but the message will still be the same...
1) Come, join us
2) We are awesome! you, not so much
3) Be like us! We'll model for you and tell you how to live cuz we're mature
4) invest in us; your time, talent and resources
5) haven't we been good to you? Well, show us...give us more... your children, your mariage, your business, your very lives

Same old shit, different stall...

Any of the recent group that has left like to share about how the hired hand would speak to the leadership at the leadership retreats? How he would pick and choose who he was spending his time or how he would lift himself up as the only mature person in the room?

Date: December 18, 2008 04:00AM

I read this in a posting a few weeks ago and it's STILL cracking me up: "Another ritual preformed by Mr. Cunningham involved the time he shaved his head… he explained in a Soma class that he had shaved his head and burned his hair as an offering…" HYSTERICAL! It's nice to see some humor in all of the crap that Tony has created.

Ring barer
In regards to rituals and ceremonies there where several I was involved in and knew about while I was in…. here are a couple…

First the covenant ceremony for me was a process of striving to show undying devotion to the “spiritual father”. At the point where the spiritual father saw you totally committed to them they would have a ceremony where you each drank from the same cup of wine and devotional gifts were exchanged… in my case a gold ring with the seal of a lion on it… then the spiritual father would explain that you are entering into a life long commitment to them and you are to serve them as they offer you spiritual covering… this is called the covenant… while this was my experience with Brandon and sense has been retracted and the both of us in full admission of how wrong it was it was a practice endorsed and taught by Mr. Cunningham… in fact he asked me about how the ritual went down and re-explained the commitment to me after the fact.

On another note Mr. Cunningham did a similar ritual with my wife several months prior to my ritual with Brandon in which she received a gold tennis bracelet as the covenant gift… sorry Mr. Cunningham the only human covenant she was ever really in was with me…

At the commencement of each of these ceremonial meetings both my wife and I were deemed “Spiritual Children” and encouraged to throw out all that we had received from our natural parents and start to receive our inheritance from our new “Spiritual Parents”… the main teacher on how this was to look at take place was Mr. Cunningham… in fact the only time Brandon and I ever talked about what it should look like was at Mr. Cunningham’s direction.

Another ritual preformed by Mr. Cunningham involved the time he shaved his head… he explained in a Soma class that he had shaved his head and burned his hair as an offering…

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:20AM

Won't Be Dogmatized
I read this in a posting a few weeks ago and it's STILL cracking me up: "Another ritual preformed by Mr. Cunningham involved the time he shaved his head… he explained in a Soma class that he had shaved his head and burned his hair as an offering…" HYSTERICAL! It's nice to see some humor in all of the crap that Tony has created.

Ring barer
In regards to rituals and ceremonies there where several I was involved in and knew about while I was in…. here are a couple…

First the covenant ceremony for me was a process of striving to show undying devotion to the “spiritual father”. At the point where the spiritual father saw you totally committed to them they would have a ceremony where you each drank from the same cup of wine and devotional gifts were exchanged… in my case a gold ring with the seal of a lion on it… then the spiritual father would explain that you are entering into a life long commitment to them and you are to serve them as they offer you spiritual covering… this is called the covenant… while this was my experience with Brandon and sense has been retracted and the both of us in full admission of how wrong it was it was a practice endorsed and taught by Mr. Cunningham… in fact he asked me about how the ritual went down and re-explained the commitment to me after the fact.

On another note Mr. Cunningham did a similar ritual with my wife several months prior to my ritual with Brandon in which she received a gold tennis bracelet as the covenant gift… sorry Mr. Cunningham the only human covenant she was ever really in was with me…

At the commencement of each of these ceremonial meetings both my wife and I were deemed “Spiritual Children” and encouraged to throw out all that we had received from our natural parents and start to receive our inheritance from our new “Spiritual Parents”… the main teacher on how this was to look at take place was Mr. Cunningham… in fact the only time Brandon and I ever talked about what it should look like was at Mr. Cunningham’s direction.

Another ritual preformed by Mr. Cunningham involved the time he shaved his head… he explained in a Soma class that he had shaved his head and burned his hair as an offering…

Tony Cunningham is proof that God has a sense of humor and created more then one talking Ass!

Sorry I just couldn't help myself! Don't worry I probably will never do it again on this forum.

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: December 18, 2008 10:37AM

Tom Wilson
I want to thank you for correcting in the matter about the Apostles.

I believe that there is however a huge problem with the modern apostle stuff.

In the case of Tony Cunningham (clearly a false teacher) by him taking the mantle of apostle really closed the door for anyone to quesiton him. What happened instead of say perhaps the elders overseeing the church and it's affairs, they became about "launching Tony into his destiny". The leadership of the church felt and still feels that "launching Tony" is the highest good and the ultimate objective of RLC. All other considerations are secondary. If you dwell on this then you begin to understand how they can continue to support Tony in spite of all that has come to light.

The problem with calling Tony an apostle is that it gave him an air of unquestionable authority.

To question Tony is the same as questioning God.

Thats why no one will stand up to him. Thats why in light of serious character flaws, it must be us that are all crazy to see them. all accusations are from "bitter" and "unforgiving" people, you know outsiders who because they are not a part of us are deeply flawed spiritually. If we were as mature an pure in heart as God intended then we wouldn't see a problem with his lifestyle. You see it's all for the greater good. The real problem is us on the outside. We just don't get it.

Tony being called an apostle is big part of the problem with RLC. He is untouchable. His character unassailable.

On an other note........
Are they really thinking of planting 3 churches? Given their track record?
Let's see more churches - less accountability than even now?
Somebody please assure us that is not the case.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.