Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Die Quietly ()
Date: July 31, 2010 12:16AM

Well - the Villamores put their house up for sale on Tuesday, the kids said goodbye on Wednesday and they all headed for Texas on Thursday. What a bittersweet end. Bitter because reconciliation could have happened if they had just opened their hearts to the possibility. We all wanted to leave town but many of us didn't have the option. Its bitter because they did what we all wanted to do. Bitter because there will be no resolve for them or those of us who are left. Bitter because the church is a mess. Bitter because they haven't seemed to have grown through this. Sweet because God is Soverign and good. Because Turning Point is changing, whether it's only staff (only three left) or it goes deeper into full repentance, God is definately not sleeping this one away. Sweet because he didn't allow the sin to continue unchecked. Sweet because there are some who are 'waking up' and seeing the sin and wanting repentance and reconciliation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 31, 2010 12:37AM

Die Quietly
Well - the Villamores put their house up for sale on Tuesday, the kids said goodbye on Wednesday and they all headed for Texas on Thursday. What a bittersweet end. Bitter because reconciliation could have happened if they had just opened their hearts to the possibility. We all wanted to leave town but many of us didn't have the option. Its bitter because they did what we all wanted to do. Bitter because there will be no resolve for them or those of us who are left. Bitter because the church is a mess. Bitter because they haven't seemed to have grown through this. Sweet because God is Soverign and good. Because Turning Point is changing, whether it's only staff (only three left) or it goes deeper into full repentance, God is definately not sleeping this one away. Sweet because he didn't allow the sin to continue unchecked. Sweet because there are some who are 'waking up' and seeing the sin and wanting repentance and reconciliation.

My hope is the ones left behind who know the truth, like the elders and pastors, now reveal the whole truth, confess their cover up and admit that love covering over a multitude of sins is not covering them up, Timothy is quite clear on what to do with sin in leadership. and covering it up is not included in the solution. absolute honesty is key to healing not semi honesty.

Posted by: Die Quietly ()
Date: July 31, 2010 12:53AM

Agreed noone. Its not honor to cover up sin because there was nothing honorable about the sin to begin with. Too much scripture points to exposing our sin, the sin of others and that if we don't do it, God will do it for us.

Date: July 31, 2010 02:10AM

Die Quietly

Texas eh?
Are they starting a church there or hooking up with Tony's buddy over in Katy?
What happened to United Global Ministries and the apostolic launch by the Elders?
Did Turning Point Church in Marysville Washington ban Mike from entering their doors?

I do hope the best for TPC in Marysville. However, as long as the root of the issue remains (false teachings) TPC will only continue to experience more of the same. Pastor Jeff, please, consider the root - pull it out and cast it off.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: July 31, 2010 05:48AM

And those who are left at TP are still believing it was Mike and Cyndi who were wronged. They "had" to leave town because everywhere they went people were "on their case" attacking them. "The enemy did this to them!" One of the elder's family is leaving because they are "hurt" by all of this. No one has owned anything of the false teachings or admitted people left BECAUSE of the Villamor's teachings. Until that happens and until the Ralstons are kicked out of there -- it will be just another Word Faith church. The church is a former shell of itself -- but really -- what has changed doctrinally. Nothing. Still a cancer in Marysville.

Date: August 01, 2010 01:46AM

UndeniablyLivid
And those who are left at TP are still believing it was Mike and Cyndi who were wronged. They "had" to leave town because everywhere they went people were "on their case" attacking them. "The enemy did this to them!" One of the elder's family is leaving because they are "hurt" by all of this. No one has owned anything of the false teachings or admitted people left BECAUSE of the Villamor's teachings. Until that happens and until the Ralstons are kicked out of there -- it will be just another Word Faith church. The church is a former shell of itself -- but really -- what has changed doctrinally. Nothing. Still a cancer in Marysville.

undeniably that is so true, when you read peoples posts on facebook you can tell mike and cyndi are portrayed as righteous victims of the enemies persicution. that is what I meant by my last post about honesty, what happened to the songs we sang about the enemy has been defeated and stuff, now all of a sudden the enemy has power over the righteous. hmmmm No Jesus defeated the enemy, we need to quit blaming satan for the stuff we do to ourselves by our own sin and sinful nature. there needs to be honest confession if turningpoint expects to survive this stuff. but if this shows us anything, seeing what has happened to turningpoint, its that God will not be mocked, I beleive there is hope for turningpoint, all is required is a simple time of honesty, and confession. but I know the enemy is working hard on the minds of those at fault, telling them to be afraid to be honest, true persecution has come against the righteous, but the righteous always prevail. only the quilty run

Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: August 02, 2010 12:44AM

There is more money in Texas and there are Christians there savvy to cult behavior; it will not be tolerated. The TPC will likely be the same unless the false doctrine is publically renounced, true accountability is provided, and the church opens (and keeps open) all financial activity. If this happens then the church will come to health, many will return and it can be better than ever. The Holy Spitit will thrive and love will prevail. If not, then the rot will continue and great accountability will come in a very unfavorable fashion. The apology to people should have come from Mike and he should have been specific. If TPC remains the same then Mike will be back to preach at a cost ($$$) to the church and it will be no less than $2000 just to show up. All expenses will be paid for and he will associate only where it will benefit him. In fact, current members of the church should inquire whether they are paying Mike's living expenses in Texas. Shouldn't that money go to those in need; perhaps the widows and orphans???

This is nothing new - many have done the same thing. There is nothing new under the sun (Son). People - keep your eyes open.

Date: August 02, 2010 01:25AM

I stand corrected! There will be a Summer Jubilee but it will be in three locations with former SJ partners doing there thing at locations other than Asbury Field where TPC will be hosting their annual event. I am glad to see this worthy endeavor continue for the sake of Marysville families who for whatever reason need a little help equipping their children for the upcoming school year.

D of D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 01:26AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: August 02, 2010 02:06AM

I disagree with one point Timetospeak. The apology will never come from Mike -- he ran! The apology CAN and SHOULD still come from Jeff Barnes who allowed the crap in the church to continue. Many went to him with their concerns, and he told them they were divisive. I blame him and all the elders maybe even more than Mike. As elders they had the responsibility to protect the sheep. They did not. I'm still awaiting my apology, and I would accept that apology from Jeff. I'm actually more upset with him than I was Mike. Mike could have been corrected and repented or been removed, and TP could still be a decent church. In my opinion, the buck stopped at the elders. They are either wimps or lack discernment. And then shouldn't that exclude them as elders? What a mess.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: August 02, 2010 03:24AM

Daughter of Dorcas
I stand corrected! There will be a Summer Jubilee but it will be in three locations with former SJ partners doing there thing at locations other than Asbury Field where TPC will be hosting their annual event. I am glad to see this worthy endeavor continue for the sake of Marysville families who for whatever reason need a little help equipping their children for the upcoming school year.

D of D

I just needed to pipe in.... TPC is not the Host of Summer Jubiliee. The pastors of Marysville will be combining their efforts and hosting together. It used to be a TPC event when Mike was around cause he wanted all the credit... Not anymore! It's all about team work! Woot hoot!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.