Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: August 10, 2010 03:50PM

Jeff Barnes does not want you to step outside the umbrella of the covering, don't even think about leaving TPCWOC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Miki ()
Date: August 11, 2010 01:23AM

I guess my thing is that I know for a fact that Jeff and Kim are trying to "rebuild" and "redo". It'll take time for people to trust that. But I also have to give them credit for doing that.

I also believe that if we post information that we should be accurate in what we post. Anger creates a hardened heart. but a loving heart creates openness and forgiveness. All takes time..... we're all on different journeys! :D

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: August 11, 2010 01:32AM

I can honestly say that I no longer react to any of this from a point of anger. I've heard that Jeff and Kim are trying. But, I have to agree with both TPR and with Buddy. As long as they continue to promote and invite false teachers, and until all of the financial records are open, and they are honest about what went on, and what they are doing to make things right....then TP continues to be an unhealthy church.

Rumors of what's being done and said are NOT the same as being transparent. Info should NOT be going through some gossip chain, but should be spoken out, by leaders of TP. I could be wrong, but from my perspective, it appears as though this whole, sad mess continues to be covered up.

Posted by: outreach ()
Date: August 11, 2010 02:42AM

Brokenhearted
I can honestly say that I no longer react to any of this from a point of anger. I've heard that Jeff and Kim are trying. But, I have to agree with both TPR and with Buddy. As long as they continue to promote and invite false teachers, and until all of the financial records are open, and they are honest about what went on, and what they are doing to make things right....then TP continues to be an unhealthy church.

Rumors of what's being done and said are NOT the same as being transparent. Info should NOT be going through some gossip chain, but should be spoken out, by leaders of TP. I could be wrong, but from my perspective, it appears as though this whole, sad mess continues to be covered up.

I agree with Brokenhearted. I would not trust a church that is not honest about what has gone on and is going on. A church that does not have open financial records is a church that is hiding something. I say stay away.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 11, 2010 06:57AM

I would be very interested in hearing from Jeff & Kim Barns today.
What is there take is now regarding my original phone call to Kim and all that has been exposed to date......

Has anyone been able to sit down with the Elder board and or with Jeff & Kim and systematically go through biblical doctrinal beliefs and determine if they are in alignment with the Holy word of God? and if they discover they are not in alignment with the word of God are they humble enough to repent? and come back into alignment with the word of God?

I used the word Alignment because you can have a new car or truck that is in perfect alignment from the factory but after a few years of wear and tear the front end goes out of alignment. That is what happens with heretical teachings, a pastor, Sunday school teacher or an author like William P. Young who wrote "THE SHACK" or I say this very thong and cheek, Americas pastor) Rick Warren who wrote "The Purpose Driven Life."

Heretical teachings are rampant in the Christian church today and we as believers need to help restore the health and alignment of our churches. The Elders of our churches need to be doing there job and watching over the church not being sycophants and worshiping the man in the pulpit. there is too much man worship going on and RLc is still worshiping the false teacher Mr. Tony Cunningham and these sycophant elders enable this evil man to keep on hurting people!! FIRST DEGREE SPIRITUAL ABUSE!!!!!

BraveHeart

Date: August 11, 2010 10:33AM

I agree with Brokenhearted. If Jeff and Kim are really trying to right the ship, then they cannot continue to allow the members of the church they are leading to listen or be subjected to false or even questionable doctrines and teaching. For me it all boils down to something I learned in an Ethics course I took in college -- avoid even the appearance of impropriety. So if an argument over doctrine and teachings has caused respected Elders and Deacons as well as 600 members of an 800 member church to leave you have a problem. If God's Word doesn't spell it out in red and black then don't teach it. It is really simple

If Jeff and Kim want to extend a hand in reconciliation to those who have left, then the effort needs to start with a public apology to our Dear Sister in Christ who they maligned and hurt so badly with character assassination. That includes silencing staff who continue to malign her behind her back while supposedly offering a hand in reconciliation -- David Luster. Do I know and have I heard business transacted in the hall at TPC -- yes. Nothing on paper or email just a casual remark about getting this or that handled. I wasn't even in the offices that often, but did hear it with my own two ears -- YES, so it is not hearsay or gossip. Where is the grace in the actions of TPC Marysville and Skagit?

When the adulteress was brought before Jesus, he went to each of her accusers and said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." One by one each accuser walked away. Jesus forgave her. Right now from where I sit, I see a lot of Pharisees pointing their fingers and still holding rocks. Even if my dear friend were guilty, which I in no way believe for one second, who are they to persecute her? While they acknowledge they handled this badly why are they still doing the thing they already said was wrong? Answer- Pride. The same thing that has prevented Mike Villamor from admitting that he had done anything wrong.

Regimes have changed but is there any real change?

D of D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 10:58AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: August 11, 2010 01:38PM

I love you guys, really I do. Reading all this makes me not want to go to church. Which I haven't been. It hurts too much. And I don't know if it's M&C or reading all this. It kinda feels like whatever J&K do, like cutting ties with M&C they can't get a break. We're just sitting back and waiting..... Honestly, whatever hurts have happened, we wish them well and pray for them. It's hard to start a church, even harder to get back up. Take care you's!

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: August 11, 2010 01:56PM

If J&K had cut ties with M&C a year ago, it might have been enough. But not now. Too much has happened. J&K allowed too much to go unchecked. They can't just cut ties now, and think that everything is gonna be okay. They have to clean up this mess that M&C left behind, the mess every elder allowed to go uchecked for far too long.
I love J&K, and I do wish them well. I continue to pray for them. What they have to do now is difficult, no doubt.

Date: August 11, 2010 03:30PM

TPCWOC official twit site: Unlimited Tonight! Hear a tag team message from the Ralston's! thats right plural, Ken & Valerie tonight TPC Main Campus

Instead of false Apostle Mike Villamor brain washing the young people into submission, now the Ralston's can do it!

Date: August 11, 2010 04:00PM

TPCWOC official home web site: under Staff: Only 5 out of the 15 are still left

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.