Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: July 25, 2010 09:32PM

Call me a hopeless optimist,

But, as a former Radiant Life Church member from Sacramento, IF, Tony Cunningham were to have resigned, and a competent pastor who had indeed a servants' heart were to take over, and IF the elders were to have repented to the everyone affected, and IF the church were to renounce it's former teachings and admit it's wrong teachings, AND, head down the path toward being a church that loves Christ, loves the Word, and serves the community, THEN, I may return to help the rebuilding process.

That is IF, Tony C., were renounced, and the elders repented.

Sadly, those are the very things that should have happened at RLC, but never did. All the Jeff Barnes types of people left RLC, and left it a Tony loving shell of it's former self.

RLC's time has come and gone. Their situation is beyond just Tony leaving. The church should close.

But it sounds like something did happen in Marysville. Is this the hand of God? Could it be? Obviously, time will tell.

Will they change enough? or just order new drapes?

If I were in Marysville WA would I give Jeff and TPC a chance? Are they really changing? If I were one who had called them out on this blog, and a real change was indeed affected, then I may want to think of helping to repair the fellowship. Obviously we should all ask God first through prayer what He would have us do, and then respond.
But, aren't some of the ones who call evil for what it is the very ones that the church needs in it's midst? We are all wiser now, and the church needs wisdom.

If RLC would have changed, I think that I would have returned to help the recovery, but each person should ask God what He would want them to do.

Not all of us can stomach this, so obviously this is not for everyone.

So though questions remain, I would leave myself open to the possibility of change.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: July 25, 2010 10:47PM

TPCWOC Official twitter site latest post: They still are promoting the god of prosperity and success!

TurningPointWOC
.Don't miss EXCELERATE Event - Building a Picture of Your Great Future this Tuesday 7/27 @7pm The Tulalip Resort, Chinook Room 1~

Date: July 26, 2010 12:00AM

I have not seen anything or heard from Jeff Barnes lips about denoucing word-faith movement,prosperity gospel, double honor with the covering of the Apostle,spiritual parenting and false teachers from false churches. Like Tony Cunningham, Casey Treat.Dr.Increase, Dr. Favor,Mike Villamor,Ken and Valerie Ralston and churches like prosperity business City Church. TPCWOC has been discipled by all of them. Is the change only on the outside while no change on belief from within? The only thing I have heard from Jeff is that he was sorry for all the hurt people. Please correct me if you have heard differently. One other item I would like to address. Has there been a public apology to Pastor Jackie in front of the church body? Is there going to be open accountability with the finances? How about the building fund money that didn't go to a new building? Laying all the blame at Mike's feet is a little much to me since he couldn't have made the the changes without the support of all the staff, elders, deacons, inner circle etc. Everyone makes mistakes so where's the love and forgiveness for him? Mike is also victim of the false teaching, by looking at man instead of God for direction.
Maybe TPCWOC should be a word-faith movement church and declare it to the public so you know what kind of church it is before you enter. TPCWOC was booming at the 10 year anniversary and I watched the miracle of the feeding of the 10,000 at summer Jubilee. They had to changed the name of the church to world out reach center and also had to have the possessing the land campaign while moving into the fancy houses.Then they had the fake sabbatical with their return to usher in the prosperity gospel. Also the declaration of the Apostle and Prophet double honor and the covering. Jeff Barnes attack on people speaking out against false teaching by calling tham gossipers and slanders. TPCWOC pulled in different people from baptist, pentecostal,nondenomination,word faith movement, new believers, etc. It was a muti denomination and it did not take much for the wolves to start to divide the sheep from within. It spread like a cancer infecting the whole body. Some of us who came from other churhes knew that the teaching was false and confronted the leadership. None of them would listen and some people where told to just leave. Since the same elders and false teachers are still in leadership teaching positions, I wonder how the change to sound doctrine will happen.

Posted by: outreach ()
Date: July 26, 2010 12:37PM

I have not kept up with all the postings. Has there been any mention of Marysville Pastors talking to Jeff Barnes?

Date: July 26, 2010 01:14PM

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2010 01:15PM by buddy.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 28, 2010 01:40AM

wantingtruth
Call me a hopeless optimist,

But, as a former Radiant Life Church member from Sacramento, IF, Tony Cunningham were to have resigned, and a competent pastor who had indeed a servants' heart were to take over, and IF the elders were to have repented to the everyone affected, and IF the church were to renounce it's former teachings and admit it's wrong teachings, AND, head down the path toward being a church that loves Christ, loves the Word, and serves the community, THEN, I may return to help the rebuilding process.

That is IF, Tony C., were renounced, and the elders repented.

Sadly, those are the very things that should have happened at RLC, but never did. All the Jeff Barnes types of people left RLC, and left it a Tony loving shell of it's former self.

RLC's time has come and gone. Their situation is beyond just Tony leaving. The church should close.

But it sounds like something did happen in Marysville. Is this the hand of God? Could it be? Obviously, time will tell.

Will they change enough? or just order new drapes?

If I were in Marysville WA would I give Jeff and TPC a chance? Are they really changing? If I were one who had called them out on this blog, and a real change was indeed affected, then I may want to think of helping to repair the fellowship. Obviously we should all ask God first through prayer what He would have us do, and then respond.
But, aren't some of the ones who call evil for what it is the very ones that the church needs in it's midst? We are all wiser now, and the church needs wisdom.

If RLC would have changed, I think that I would have returned to help the recovery, but each person should ask God what He would want them to do.

Not all of us can stomach this, so obviously this is not for everyone.

So though questions remain, I would leave myself open to the possibility of change.
You make some great points
Tony's Pride is what feeds his ego and I don't believe Tony ever had a servents heart.

BraveHeart

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: July 28, 2010 09:35PM

buddy
Some of us who came from other churhes knew that the teaching was false and confronted the leadership. None of them would listen and some people where told to just leave. Since the same elders and false teachers are still in leadership teaching positions, I wonder how the change to sound doctrine will happen.

[www.metacafe.com]

Date: July 29, 2010 09:37AM

I had some questions and thoughts.

Has anyone ever found out what the letter, drafted by the Pastor of Damascus Road and signed by an additional six Pastors, sent to Pastor Jeff Barnes said?

Where are all the churches who partnered with TPC for Summer Jubilee who told TPC leadership it was not time to pull back but to do more last year? Couldn't they have blessed Marysville's school children without TPC or is Summer Jubilee so intrinsically tied to TPC that it was impossible for others to take over that very worthwhile annual event? I ache for the families that will not receive the help they need this year. Short of Paul Allen or Bill Gates, I just don't think that any one person could bless 6500 school children.

The fact that Mike still does not believe he has done anything wrong is mind boggling to me. If I were Mike I would be looking around and asking myself if I were in God's will would my church and marriage be in such dire straights? The answer is no. Mike is not living his life for God. Mike is living his life for Mike. Just as Tony lived his life for Tony and look what happened there. God told Mike I want it all or nothing. I guess we know what he got.

Perhaps those we thought really would go down with the ship realized that Jesus presence has been absent from TPC for a very long time. They realize now that Mike was wrong about a lot of things.

In this world there will be trials. The Bible tells us that. For many the trials in life are about money, some are about health, while others may involve family dynamics. The poor will always be with us. Another thing the Bible tells us. So again prosperity name it and claim it is contrary to the word of God. Blessing someones socks off does not require the blessing to be $$$$ or about $$$$! A blessing can be a special needs child coming into the family. A blessing can be a vegetable garden which yields enough to feed a family and their neighbors all summer with produce that is so good you cannot buy it in any grocery store.

I have heard Mike preach that when we are not living in God's will we will know it because life's trials will be overwhelming and impossible to handle on our own. I have heard Mike preach that if Jesus is walking with you then even difficult trying problems work themselves out almost effortlessly. I think Mike needs to listen to some of the sermons he preached when TPC was still in the old church building and he was walking in God's will.

D of D

Date: July 30, 2010 01:58AM

"How often it is that the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is telling him."
Frank Herbert

"The primary symptom of a controller is denial, that is I can't see its symptoms in myself."
Keith Miller

"You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory."
J. Donald Walters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 02:01AM by TurningPointReject.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: July 30, 2010 10:12PM

Summer jubilee will still happen. Three school sites from mid-morning to early afternoon school supplies will be handed out. Its even posted on the school district website.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.