Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: July 18, 2010 04:32AM

I noticed on TP's web site that the service on August 1st will be at the main campus. Is this a one week event, or are they finally moving back?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: July 18, 2010 08:46AM

August 2010
Aug 01 - 82 Sunday Services at 8th Street
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
"Retro- Sundays"
2 Sundays back at 8th Street

WHEN:
August 1st - & - August 8th
Regular Service times 9am & 11am

WHERE:
Our main campus & original church location
1410 8th Street, Marysville

WHAT:
Enjoy Sunday service "retro-style" as we venture back to 8th Street for 2 Sundays during August.

( Every year the gym floor gets done so they have to move at this time, no comcast arena,no high school, no fancy hotel or some other outlet where TPCWOC could have their name of the church on the sign in front in brite lights for the whole world to see, just back to the old building, maybe they should go back to Alfys pizza and start all over!)

Date: July 19, 2010 02:39AM

buddy
TPCWOC Marketplace Ministry, Power to Produce,Next level thinking, Word Faith movement false teacher,name it claim it , positive confession, I want to be rich and famous, Ken Ralston will take you to a new venue.

EXCELERATE-Building a Picture of Your Great Future
July 27
7 00 PM to 8 15 PM

NEW LOCATION! Join us in our new venue! We will be meeting at the Tulalip Resort, Chinook Room #1, in Marysville, Wa. Complimentary Valet Parking available. No childcare.

Vision is like a puzzle and each glimpse you get of it is like a puzzle piece. As you put the pieces together, the picture becomes clearer and clearer - that is vision! How clear is your picture of the future? Is your picture drawing you to it? Join us Tuesday July 27th to learn how to get glimpses of your future and turn those glimpses into a vivid picture that literally pulls you to it like a magnet. This could be exactly what you have been needing to get out of that rut or hit that next level.

You have a great future! However, it’s difficult if not impossible to get there without the ability to see it. There is something about seeing it that is like a magnet drawing you to it. In his classic book, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill did a study of some of the most successful people of his era. The one thing they all had in common – they could all SEE themselves as successful. There is power in SEEing!

Well at least we know they are still teaching the same old teachings...Get Rich Quick in the Name of Jesus; Double Honor your Pastor or Go to Hades in a Hand Basket; Who's Your Spiritual Daddy? etc .... etc .... etc.

Date: July 23, 2010 12:34PM

Turning Point always did one Sunday in August elsewhere while the gym floor was refinished. For a couple of years it was at the Everett Event Center. I think last year it was at MPHS Performing Arts Center. However, even more interesting is that there will be no "Church In The Park / Summer Jubilee" on the second Sunday in August (August 8th) as there has been in years past to benefit area school children.

I am sad that Church in the Park / Summer Jubilee is also a victim of monster egos and egocentric church leadership. TPC needs to find its way back to that little community church that could move mountains in the name of the Lord. Could and did feed 10,000 on a strict budget and donations and with only a handful of volunteers. The Lord was glorified when so many of his lambs were provided with needed school supplies, back to school hair cuts, and a living example of "The Church" through an army of volunteers serving their community.

D of D

Date: July 25, 2010 12:51AM

Whats up with TPCWOC? False Apostle Mike Villamor being replaced as president of PNWBC(SOMA) fake bible college by pastor Calvin Bontrager of TP Lebanon, Oregon church. Kim Barnes still Dean of students, Jeff Barnes, Dave Luster, Kari lewis, Jon Jensen, and Judi Johnston will be your instructers. What happen to false Apostle Mike and Cyndi's letter on TPCWOC home web site and the one by the elders on false Apostle Mikes United Globel ministry business venture departure last January. Mike and Cyndi pictures seem to be missing from Skagit Valley TP church as Apostlic counselers and oversights. Is this a ploy to distance the Tp churchs from false Apostle Mike so it can make a come back? What was kind of strange was Pastor Jeff Rock Barnes sermon series on possibility thinking and out of all eight sermons the one on reconciliation with all the weasels on June 27th did not have a watch video. Was that so we could not see Jeff Barnes crocodile tears? Who is helping Jeff Barnes back to reality. I noticed slick Rick from Ac3 helping Jeff during the reconciliation sermon. Rick has had problems standing up for truth when it comes to false doctrine. I hope other Pastors are helping Jeff come to grips with all the false teaching that his spiritual father false Apostle Mike has let into the doors of TPCWOC. They still have staff members of TPCWOC running off to hear false teachers and quoting them like they think there giving the world some kind of great wisdom. I hope and pray that Jeff can purge all the false teachers from TPCWOC and bring it to sound doctrine. Also Jeff Barnes blog on the TPCWOC has been blank for the last 6 months but still says news and updates coming soon. Now might be a good time to open up and communicate. Jeffs new sermon series is called Love is in the House. Jeff can have all the love in the house spilling over into the streets of Marysville, but without truth its not going to do much of anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2010 01:05AM by buddy.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: July 25, 2010 01:14AM

I have to hand it to Jeff and Kim Barnes! They are doing a good job with the mess they were left with! I for one know how hard and difficult it is to come out from under Mike and Cyndi. I'm really glad they're moving back to the church bldg. JEFF AND KIM! GO GET 'EM! we love you! Miki

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 25, 2010 07:10AM

I'm not in Washington so I don't know if this has happened.
Has the current leadership of Turning Point held a meeting with the membership and addressed all the folowing issues? has there been a question & answer time?

1.Has the church leadership repented toGod first and then to the membership - congregation for there colective involvement promoting of the false teachings from Tony Cunningham? and the "Word-Faith Movement."
2. have each of these leaders individually repented and renounced these teachings and manipulations? spiritual parenting spiritual umbrella and the authority teachings just a few examples?
Have they redefined there statement of faith? if not they have simply pulled to wool over your eyes.

Date: July 25, 2010 08:55AM

Hi Braveheart,

What we know is what we can hear and see. We know that Mike and Cindy have stepped down or been removed from leadership in the Turning Point Churches. We know that Marysville TPC has moved their offices out of the strip mall and into the old trophy shop behind the church building. We know that for a least two Sundays, which is normal, that services will not be held at the Junior High. What is not normal is they are not at a venue like the Everett Event Center or MPHS Performing Arts Center. It is known that the Barnes and and Lewis's have met with and repented and apologized to a Godly woman that stood up to Mike and paid for it by having her name and reputation drug through the mud.

The Jeff Barnes that I knew when we joined TPC was a man of character as well as a man of God. Kim Barnes, too, was a person of character and a woman after God's own heart. I think they too got caught up in the adoration of Mike Villamor. Adoration he did not deserve. For a time many of us believed, then we questioned, then we pulled the wool away from our eyes asked some questions and then we walked out. Some stayed and struggled and you would be surprised at just who some of them were. And then there are some it seems it may have taken a little longer to figure out what we knew right after the sabatical. What is important is that we act as God would have us act. How many times must we forgive? It's in the Bible for all to read. I think I will choose to do what the Word of God tells me to do. If we want Grace for ourselves then shouldn't we give grace to others? Pastor Jackie has been the definition of Grace in action for a year and a half. If Jackie and Sid could find it in themselves to forgive those who wronged them then who are we not to do the same. I choose to emulate Pastor Jackie because I know that she is a woman of character with the courage of her convictions to stand up, with her Bible in hand, and do the right thing.

I hope and pray that TPC will go on and will find its way back to the wonderful Community Church that it was. I hope and pray that under Pastor Jeff and Kim Barnes that TPC will reclaim the reputation of the bride and go forward without grandious plans. If TPC goes back to being the community church that reaches out to the needy of Marysville by serving a meal or two every month that is great. If it reaches out to youth with three on three basketball tournaments with a little of God's Word mixed in that would be outstanding. A harvest party in October where the people of Marysville can send their children to enjoy the season and know they will be safe and have a great time would be well received many were dismayed when it was discontinued. TPC needs to resurrect Church in the Park where the children of Marysville whose parents need a little help can go and get school supplies and be ready on the first day of school. The TPC where women, not chicks, got together to put together care packages for some of the areas women's shelters and Easter Baskets for their children. Service to our community was what made TPC so awesome.

Reaching the world was a grand plan, but first TPC needs to be that great little community church that cleaned up parks and planted trees and was good to people because that is what God wanted TPC to do. Things fell apart when TPC moved away from that mission from God. I don't know or care what Tony Cunningham's role was. Pastor Mike was the senior Pastor and he could have told Tony to take a hike any time he chose to or he could have gently but firmly told Tony he was not interested in his ideas because God was leading TPC and it was flourishing in that path. At the end of the day what happened at TPC was Mike Villamors sole fault. I think if ties are cut with the Villamors and Tony Cunningham, then TPC stands a chance with the congregation it now has. However, none of us that I know who left will go back that ache and the hurt are just to great. Forgiveness and grace while moving on in a new church home is how this will play out for the many of us who have left.

Lets give Pastor Jeff some time to show the path in which he will lead TPC. That is not a day, a week, or even a month. Lets take a look at what is going on about Christmas time. That will tell us everything we need to know about TPC and the new leadership.

I'm sure this is not the venom and sarcasm many wanted to hear, but it is the truth as I see it.

D of D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2010 08:59AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Date: July 25, 2010 11:09AM

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2010 11:13AM by buddy.

Date: July 25, 2010 11:47AM

Question: If you have a different teacher teaching the same teachings, do you get a different outcome? Why?

Observation: Its easy to look at Jeff and Kim and start to see them as victims of Mike and Cyndi. The reality is Jeff and Kim are not victims, they were willing participants. They chose to cover for Mike; they chose to act as intimidators, obfuscaters, and participators in Mike and Tony's charade.
No, Jeff and Kim did not inherit a mess. Jeff and Kim, along with the other elders, contributed to this mess.

Time will tell if Jeff is sincere in his desire to change and reconcile.

However, to ignore the root of the problem and focus only on the externals is to set up for another failure down the road.
Unless Jeff and the "elders" seriously examine their teachings and renounce many of those teachings they are simply
rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.