Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: August 12, 2010 08:30AM

In reading about the staff changes or changes of leadership generally, I did not see where it was mentioned that Rick Lewis has stepped down as an Elder. Maybe I missed it while trying to follow all the threads.

D of D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Miki ()
Date: August 12, 2010 08:32AM

Daughter of Dorcas
In reading about the staff changes or changes of leadership generally, I did not see where it was mentioned that Rick Lewis has stepped down as an Elder. Maybe I missed it while trying to follow all the threads.

D of D

LOL. I believe he stepped down.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: August 12, 2010 09:00AM

Miki, I'm sorry that this forum causes you anxiety. I am quick to point out when I think someone is being treated unfairly. However, I don't think that there is anything wrong with pointing out teaching that does not line up with the word of God, in fact, doing so IS biblical.

Grace and love and forgiveness do NOT mean that we all just sit back and assume that everything is better now, b/c M&C are gone. I don't know about meetings and repentance. Like I've said over and over again, from my perspective, it looks as though things continue to be covered up. But, IF J&K are serious about making the changes necessary to *fix* this, then they are going to have to bend over backwards to regain the trust that's been broken...and yes, they broke trust as much as (maybe more than) M&C.

Trancparency in ALL of the financial records.
Confession (if applicable) to the mishandling of Stewardhip funds
Renouncing their relationship with Tony Cunningham (and quite possibly M&C)
Addressing (and renouncing) false, prosperity teaching
Making a public statement of misconduct in the manner in which TP handled things with Jackie Singer
Making a public statement confessing and apologizing for the mistreatment of lay leaders, and mistreatment of anyone who was on the "black list"
Confession of spiritual abuse and expectations of double honor

I'm sure there is more, but this is a good start of things that need to be addressed by the "new" senior pastor at TP.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I will say that I don't think the senior pastor's wife should be an elder either. (Actually, it is my opinion that TP needs a whole new elder board.)

Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: August 12, 2010 10:56AM

It can be very difficult to receive and give forgiveness if you are not physically present. Why not attend a few services and see for yourself?

Date: August 12, 2010 01:37PM

Brokenhearted
Miki, I'm sorry that this forum causes you anxiety. I am quick to point out when I think someone is being treated unfairly. However, I don't think that there is anything wrong with pointing out teaching that does not line up with the word of God, in fact, doing so IS biblical.

Grace and love and forgiveness do NOT mean that we all just sit back and assume that everything is better now, b/c M&C are gone. I don't know about meetings and repentance. Like I've said over and over again, from my perspective, it looks as though things continue to be covered up. But, IF J&K are serious about making the changes necessary to *fix* this, then they are going to have to bend over backwards to regain the trust that's been broken...and yes, they broke trust as much as (maybe more than) M&C.

Trancparency in ALL of the financial records.
Confession (if applicable) to the mishandling of Stewardhip funds
Renouncing their relationship with Tony Cunningham (and quite possibly M&C)
Addressing (and renouncing) false, prosperity teaching
Making a public statement of misconduct in the manner in which TP handled things with Jackie Singer
Making a public statement confessing and apologizing for the mistreatment of lay leaders, and mistreatment of anyone who was on the "black list"
Confession of spiritual abuse and expectations of double honor

I'm sure there is more, but this is a good start of things that need to be addressed by the "new" senior pastor at TP.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I will say that I don't think the senior pastor's wife should be an elder either. (Actually, it is my opinion that TP needs a whole new elder board.)

Brokenhearted thank you. I agree with you. Now is the time to move forward and let things be about GOD!!! Yahoo. I know most of the things listed in your forum is already spinning. Its all gonna take time. Mike and Cyndi only left last week. We as a body by biblical standards be lifting up our brother and sister (J&K). Wait this out and see. Trust is earned and I know they know that. Thanks for your words! It encouraged my heart. Miki

Posted by: wherefromhere ()
Date: August 12, 2010 01:39PM

time to speak and tell the truth to all the broken hearted no ones of any importance. Next step? Call cascade bank and ask about all the money left in the bldg fund. Oh where oh where has the bldg fund gone, oh where oh where can it be? try siezed by the bank itself, and stolen from,why? to fund mike and cyndi villamors severance package that is in the range of around 45 to 50 thousand. How can this be? The elders decided to give them money to leave town. But they took it from YOUR bldg fund. This is the truth. Ask people ask. It is illegal to use RESTRICTED solicitated funds without asking the donors for permission. Problems are arising. UH OH TP what next is there to hide? ASKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Date: August 12, 2010 02:27PM

This is just allll breaking my heart. truly.the people who m&c hurt, the people we all hurt, j&k. man, this is so way to much for ones heart..... god you can take this one!

Date: August 13, 2010 01:42AM

Timetospeak
It can be very difficult to receive and give forgiveness if you are not physically present. Why not attend a few services and see for yourself?

No offense but after what happened when we left and watching what Pastor Jackie and Sid have been put through; Not to use an overused cliche, attending even one more service at TPC at this point will happen "when pigs fly." I love my present church, I adore the Pastor, there is accountability to the max, the elders are not yes men, oh yeah and then there is fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me for letting you. I believe that the Lord led me to the church I now attend and I plan on spending my Sundays listening to someone whose sermons I don't have to disect looking for false doctrine and self-serving teachings.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but, I am smart enough to know that you never let someone who showed a propensity for abuse and a willingness to use people as merely a wallet a second chance. I hope that TPC is now on the right course under Jeff Barnes' leadership -- I really do! I am just not going to return to find out. As I said in prior posts, I hope TPC can go forward and be successful by walking in God's will. I just think it needs to happen with its current congregation which does not include me or any member of my family.

So long as TPC staff continue to try and twist the knife that Mike Villamor stuck in the back of our dear sister in Christ last summer it tells me the faces of leadership have changed but their methods for dealing with dissenters have not.

D of D

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: August 13, 2010 01:54AM

I have a plan for Jeff Barnes, Jeff needs to have a sermon on how the double honor , covering of the apostle, prosperity, postitive confession, word-faith movement doctrines are false. Using the Word of God he can point out how these doctrines are false.
At the end of his sermon he can address the financial records, and all other issues listed by Brokenhearted. Jeff could then truly start fresh.
Jeff Barnes might believe in some of the false doctrines, so I have my doubts if it will ever happen. For years now the people left at TP have been discipled by Ralstons who are prosperity word-faith movement false teachers. Along with false Apostle Mikes goofy teachings and with all the cultic tactics used by leadership at TP, Jeff has a real mess on his hands. Those left at Turning Point have been discipled by Dr. Increase, to Dr. Favor to the helicopter guy Casey Treat and Prosperity City Church. It seems like TPCWOC would have Gods favor on them with riches, but it looks like just the opposite happened. Time to wake up and look at GODS WORD for Truth instead of all the false teachers. I believe if Jeff took a stand for Gods truth he would be blessed. This forum could then be put to rest.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: August 13, 2010 01:58AM

Okay, I have to admit that this has been bothering me, since I first read it. What are these meetings that are taking place with apologies and repentance? Reading it on the forum is the first I've heard of it. I have heard, of an occassional leader, calling an individual and offering an apology, but that's as far as it goes. I think that's a great first step, but that's it, only a first step towards making right all that went wrong. I'm wondering, who gets invited to these meetings? What qualifies one person over another to receive an apology, either personal or by being invited to a meeting? Are these meetings "private" (or secret)?

I'm sorry, but it still sounds like a PR stunt. Until EVERYTHING is made public, and a public statement of misconduct is made, then I can't believe that there is true repentence. Only God knows for sure anyway, so I guess I'll just leave it up to Him.

I am of the opinion that a "meeting" should be called, and EVERY single person that has left TP over the last five years should be invited, and there needs to be confession, forgiveness, and restitution, as well as a plan laid out with precautions and accountability so that this won't happen again. Then, Leaders at TP need to follow through on that plan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.