Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Jael ()
Date: September 01, 2009 12:26AM

Last week while driving pass the Grace Baptist Church I saw the sermon was going to be on Bad/wrong spiritual leaders, I can't recall the exact words. I wished I could have been in two places at the same time Sunday. Maybe it is just me but I found this to bring a smile to my day, that a pastor would bring this subject to their Sunday sermon. I am curious why this was the sermon topic, is there a ripple, grumblings, or just our good and merciful God bringing the light to a dark section of life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: September 01, 2009 01:49AM

TPWOC sermon for Sunday Aug. 30th How Mike Villamor can gain his promised land is now online at TPWOC home web site. Mikes promised land is waiting for him,Mike is licking his chops over it! Mike believes that it is Gods will that we all experience prosperity. All you have to do is believe in the Abraham Covenant just like all the rest of the false word-faith prosperity teachers.Mike wants to move into a big fancy house that he does not want to pay for,he just wants to take it. Just like in the promise land of the old testament. Mike is good at taking things,its better to give then receive,Mike likes to receive double honor as a make believe apostle. Mike wants you to not settle at the crossroads or delay when you want to take your promise land, Mike says its selfish and we are just trying to make a name for ourselves and we are thinking its all about us. Mike says ,Why would TPWOC be planting churches all over the world,you can,t be selfish and do that,because its a real pain and cost alot of money. Mike says people try and make a name for themselves.(no way, Mike wouldn't do that) Mikes promised land is flowing with milk,honey,houses that you won't have to build and gardens you will not have to plant! Just move forward in faith, give your ten percent tithe to false apostle Mike and leave your family and Mike will become your spiritual father and he will protect you and watch over you and control you! Thats where the covering of the apostle stuff comes in to play. Mike wants us to let go of our security and comfort of our family. I mean they don't have our best interest in mind, they are holding us back from the promised land. Mike believes we are all going through spiritual trama and we must not settle at the crossroad and delay your entry into the promised land. God wants to bless your socks off with stuff just like Abraham. Mike wants you to go deep into the enemys territory (promised land). Mike says get ready to fight!Get ready for a fight! Get ready for a fight! Mike says its rebellion against God not step into the promised land. Mike says we must lick are chops and fight so we can take what God has given us. Mike says we won't give up. Mike says TPWOC is getting ready to go, closer and closer into are promised land! Mike says he can sense it and we are on the edge of the promised land. Mike says there are enemys who live in your promise land and we must clear out the enemys. Mike says we can lose the promised land if we show the kind of unity they showed building the tower of babel. Maybe God was speaking to Mike about how he has used unity to make a name for himself! Mike has caused alot of people to be confused and to be scattered (leave TPWOC)! (The Abraham covenant is not a mere contract we can use to command God. Jesus is not a magic mantra we can use to open Fort Knox. God's covenant is not a mere contract we can use to open Fort Knox. God's covenant with Abram is the proclamation of His sovereign plan to redeem humanity from its sin (Romans 4; Galatians 3:6-9). The overarching message of Scripture is God's redemption of mankind. The covenant is certainly not a contract that guarantees us wealth.) Mike wants us to move into a big fancy house with a home movie theater and own our own Harley Davidson's and have spiritual slaves run around and do all the work for us and say how wonderful we are. I have been practicing licking my chops like you said I should and it is really working.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:56AM by buddy.

Posted by: onevoice ()
Date: September 01, 2009 01:53AM

A Testimony to Character:

My family and I recently had the privilege to spend some time with the Singer family. These are some characteristics of our encounter with them: A love for people beyond compare, and by people I say all people, a humbleness to God, a grace that I would aspire too. A mature faith in God alone. An enduring attitude to not quit in the face of adversity and if your reading this forum you know there is plenty of that going around them. My husband didn't know Jackie as well as I do and even at that I can't say I know of her that well. But I do believe when people meet under the guise to love at all costs it doesn't need to be years of knowing someone before you begin to sense what they are made of. When they had left for the evening I asked him(my husband) what his thoughts of her where and his response was "what's not to love" and yes that would go for Sid too..lol, crazy drum stick throwing man. I remember when our family went to the Elders and we were told "we would now have to choose who was telling the truth, either Jackie or them" I remember being enraged over that statement. The Word says "the holy spirit leads us into all truth" I don't need man to tell me what to think, nor do any of you reading this.. I would encourage you to take the time to investigate all sides of what the current circumstances being alleged are, we did! People are worth it, the Singers are worth it, when you see them in public I dare you to talk to them, vs. shunning them. I challenge you "what really are you afraid of? and do you not have the ability to choose whom you do or do not speak to and if it's man telling you not to associate I would examine my heart that you have given man such power of your decisions, well because man will always fail, but God never will. Bottom line we will all spend eternity together so doesn't it seem a bit ridiculous to be acting like the person whom has loved you and most likely counseled you never existed, God is not going to bless that behavior.. "to love God and love others" that would look like NOT shunning someone. Think for yourselves and ask God to reveal the truth.. It is not a relationship with man that will get you into the kingdom it is by having an intimate relationship with God alone that will get you there.

Date: September 01, 2009 02:54AM

For all this talk of prosperity theology...

I think there is some wisdom in studying the Old Testament regarding the Altar of Baal and the Asherah Poles (along with pagan worship).
These were pagan symbols for nothing other than "prosperity" and "progress".
Is TPc worshiping at the altar of Baal and and dancing around the Asherah pole as the Israelites did during the time of Judges?

Which is the ends? Experiencing God? Or experiencing prosperity through God?
It seems that the gift is becoming more and more the focus and the Giver less and less.

God is more concerned with your character than he is with your pocket book.
Our prayer ought to be, "God, change me" not "God, prosper me".

Why did God enter into the covenant with Abraham? Was it to change Abraham or was it to prosper Abraham? Lets not forget that Abraham was "prosperous" before God decided to call him out of the Land of Ur. The "prosperity" that God brought to Abraham was not wealth (he was already wealthy). It was the prosperity of relationship, family and heritage ("I will make you the father of a great nation").

Jesus asked, "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul". This was part of a rebuke to Peter and the other disciples for their desire to build a worldly kingdom with all its wealth.

Date: September 01, 2009 04:11AM

All I can say is Amen.

onevoice
A Testimony to Character:

My family and I recently had the privilege to spend some time with the Singer family. These are some characteristics of our encounter with them: A love for people beyond compare, and by people I say all people, a humbleness to God, a grace that I would aspire too. A mature faith in God alone. An enduring attitude to not quit in the face of adversity and if your reading this forum you know there is plenty of that going around them. My husband didn't know Jackie as well as I do and even at that I can't say I know of her that well. But I do believe when people meet under the guise to love at all costs it doesn't need to be years of knowing someone before you begin to sense what they are made of. When they had left for the evening I asked him(my husband) what his thoughts of her where and his response was "what's not to love" and yes that would go for Sid too..lol, crazy drum stick throwing man. I remember when our family went to the Elders and we were told "we would now have to choose who was telling the truth, either Jackie or them" I remember being enraged over that statement. The Word says "the holy spirit leads us into all truth" I don't need man to tell me what to think, nor do any of you reading this.. I would encourage you to take the time to investigate all sides of what the current circumstances being alleged are, we did! People are worth it, the Singers are worth it, when you see them in public I dare you to talk to them, vs. shunning them. I challenge you "what really are you afraid of? and do you not have the ability to choose whom you do or do not speak to and if it's man telling you not to associate I would examine my heart that you have given man such power of your decisions, well because man will always fail, but God never will. Bottom line we will all spend eternity together so doesn't it seem a bit ridiculous to be acting like the person whom has loved you and most likely counseled you never existed, God is not going to bless that behavior.. "to love God and love others" that would look like NOT shunning someone. Think for yourselves and ask God to reveal the truth.. It is not a relationship with man that will get you into the kingdom it is by having an intimate relationship with God alone that will get you there.

Posted by: belongs2Him ()
Date: September 01, 2009 04:25AM

I am so tired of all this prosperity stuff. I don't even like that word anymore. It's got such a negative connotation for me now.

You know what? I am just going to love God as I always have. And God is going to take care of my family as He always has ... and shock of shocks, we don't even ask him to! He just does. He's like that, my God. He likes to take care of His children. He likes to bless them and bring special surprises now and then.

My God is not my ATM. He is my Father in Heaven. His Word tells me that He will take care of me like He takes care of the birds in the sky. He never said to repeat a verse 40 times or find some formula that leads to prosperity. He is happy to simply be my Father.. shouldn't I simply be happy to be His daughter??

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: September 01, 2009 04:56AM

God is not coin operated - it is not merely a matter of inserting enough faith into the slot and pull the arm and see what pops out. God has a plan, a will for our lives and I have a news flash for the prosperity people - that may not mean being pampered here on earth. I have said it before and I will say it again. If your theology can not be transferred to a third world nation then there is a flaw in your thinking. I don't think Dr. Increase sells too many books on his idea of prosperity in Ethiopia. I don't think that Casey Treat's idea that if you just trust in God he will provide all your earthly materialistic dreams carries much weight in Uganda. And I know that regardless of where you live Mike's idea that the level of your faith obligates God to do what you ask is sick and wrong. No prosperity teachers, MY GOD forgave my sins and that is enough for me!!!

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: September 01, 2009 06:09AM

Is anyone else experiencing a conflict within themselves surrounding the mess that is TP? I go back and forth between wanting absolutely nothing to do with any of it, and being completely obsessed by all things TP.

On one hand, I want to rise above the pettiness that's emerging, be the better person, love well, and represent my Father well. On the other, I want nothing to do with anyone remaining at that place, I want to hide away, and pretend that they don't even exist. I want tell them all off, for believing the lies, for treating *us* like second class citizens.....for making this so darn difficult. I am tired of being ignored, people pretending not to see me (when in public) and being *unfriended* on facebook. I'm sick of thinking that someone is my friend one day, only to find out the next that they are not.

I'm sick of the lies that continue to emerge. The false teachings make my physically ill. The pride and arrogance of the leaders is almost more than I can take......

Yet, I keep coming back. I keep reading this forum, I am active on facebook, I talk to people here and there, I can't seem to get enough information, nor can I get it fast enough.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is struggling with the same feelings.

Posted by: belongs2Him ()
Date: September 01, 2009 08:50AM

Brokenhearted,

I am struggling. I have never dealt with a situation like this before, I had never been part of a church before. I am struggling because there are so many things I don't understand, feelings I don't understand.

Why would people treat us like this? It's only a church! It's not like they are going to heaven and we're not. It's not like there are separate heavens, we're all going to the same place! (I hope.)

I stay involved here and in the goings-on at TP in order to find some way to set others free, to try and break through with words and prayers. Does it do any good? Probably not.

I think many of us are waiting, hopeful that something, some word or bit of truth will sink in and there will be a great revelation at TP and either people will leave or leaders will repent and ask our forgiveness for what has happened. I know that is what I hope for.

It's such a confusing time, I think we all struggle, Brokenhearted. You are in my prayers. All of you are. I think that is another reason I come here, no one else understands like our brothers and sisters who have gone through the same things.

Date: September 01, 2009 10:15AM

I am going to use a quote from Helen Keller to respond to Brokenhearted and Belongs2Him. "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something, and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do that something I can do." You cannot open the eyes of those who refuse to see. You cannot talk to people who refuse to hear. You cannot influence those who can speak out and effect change to speak when they are protecting their livelihood and do not care where their meal ticket leads. You cannot change the direction, the leadership, or the doctrine that is TPC. What you and all of us can do is gather together and pray. What you and all of us can do is gather together and brainstorm ways to support Jackie and Sid Singer. What you and all of us can do is to be there when those we left behind realize that they do need us and be there to help no matter the hurt we have suffered as a result of their behavior. We can do our best to be the people that our Lord Jesus Christ wants us to be.

Do not feel down about the things you cannot change or influence, take it to God in prayer, because where we cannot, he can. God works through people, and when his time arrives all of the right people will be in the right places to effect the change we pray for. Pray and continue to pray for God's will to be done in this situation. The Bible is filled with countless stories of what happened to those who did not shepherd or rule well. Ezekiel 34 is plane. So don't lose heart, just get into the Word of God and pray about your frustration and ask God to help you with it and he will.

D of D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.