Re: Desteni
Posted by: ThomDarc ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:02PM

And just in case you miss it Darryl, I want to bring this video to your attention:

[www.youtube.com]

Therefore, stop committing PERJURY! Or else some of that iProcess money that you helped hoodwink out of your followers is not gonna go into Bernie's pockets.

Options: ReplyQuote
DesteniProductions, false flagging, Darryl Thomas
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: May 16, 2011 04:28AM

Here's a quick summary of the situation regarding Desteni's threats to prosecute critics.

In September 2010 Cresil1HumanOST made available for download 11 Desteni Structural Resonance Alignment Lessons - Complete.
http://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?12,62042,92149#msg-92149
These were made up of several videos and documents copyright on which is owned by the Desteni company (assuming there is such a company, there may actually not be).

Cresil1HumanOST also made these same materials available via a link provided with a now deleted video that was on his YouTube channel.

All of which was in flagrant violation of copyright, and Desteni would have had a legitimate case against him. They already had his real name and address, as he was a former member of Desteni, but they took no action.

At the time, when he was asked why not, Darryl Thomas replied that it was unimportant because those particular SRAT materials were out of date. That was AFTER they had already flagged a YouTube video by Cresil1HumanOST containing part of the same SRAT material.

In November 2010, Bernard Poolman released three videos via the Desteni subscription forum (leaked to this forum by a still active member of Desteni) suggesting he would be taking Rick Ross and other people posting at this forum and elsewhere to court (Posted in Feb this year: http://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?12,62042,97563#msg-97563) ...

1. Criminal Investigations Involving Rick Ross and others
2. Recent US Copyright Law Adjustment
3. Collecting Information Prior to Laying Criminal Charges

Six months later and Poolman has not even attempted any such thing.

As is well known, DarrylWThomas and DesteniProductions on YouTube have been flagging lots of videos made by critics of Desteni, and claiming copyright violation for quite some time now.

Once ThomDarc challenged the last copyright claim against his fair use of Desteni material, he gave Darryl and Desteni the chance to pursue their claim.

Yet AGAIN, they didn't even bother to make the slightest effort to pursue it.

All these empty threats by Desteni amount to nothing.

Their flagging of videos is to try and detract from the issue, they simply don't like what people are saying about them, especially when they make fun of them. The reality is, fair use is not copyright violation, and Desteni have no lawyers to back them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 04:28AM by Sandman.

Posted by: concernedmom83 ()
Date: May 23, 2011 11:02AM

Well, I see that MUERTOS has got darryl thomas all upset! Apparently, Muertos has
a blog and a video up for less than 2 weeks, telling the facts about the desteni cult. Darryl has taken it upon himself to one-handedly 'take him on' paragraph by paragraph. None of darryl's responses make any sense, and he talks like someone who finds words hard to come by, so he throws a swear in.

For a group that is for equal rights for all, I assume they mean right to free speech, they seem to have very thin skin. darryl you have to toughen up, it looks like things are only going to get worse for your cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2011 11:04AM by concernedmom83.

Date: May 24, 2011 12:54AM

Dear Desteni Movement...

I have watched you try to scam people for a while now. I have also watched as you filed false DMCA notices and flagged channels down that exposed you for what you are: A cult like organization that is trying to scam money out of people via a pyramid scheme. I have watched as good channels were permanently shut down for the simple reason of exposing you. And I have decided that I won't watch any longer.

As you may have noticed, a lot of the counternotices to your false DMCAs recently filed had MY name on them. That's right, MY name, which is perfectly legal, as I have accepted a co-ownership of the videos you had falsely removed. Falsely removed, because they were covered by the fair use provision. As a bit of a reminder, here is what copyright law has to say about fair use:

Read more here:

[felidathegeek.blogspot.com]

Date: May 24, 2011 09:39AM

"After a brief and breezy interpretation of the Equal Money system that "MUERTOS" has already admitted to having a poor grasp of the subject"

This is a bit of darryl's rant. darryl let me try to explain, that to those of us who are truly concerned about your members, the promise of an equal money system IS breezy and a
trick to keep your members in desteni. We here at RR, well let me speak for myself, could care less about the fact that you think living on the farm for 2 years is normal. We are hoping to reach those who may have a spec of doubt, and end up on this page. We aren't having a contest with you and your members at all.

If you would care to answer this question, I have always wondered why, with all the wonderful people in our history, would bernard 'feature' hitler, basically glorifying him? After all he was responsible for the extermination of 6 million Jews. Why not mention those throughout our history who have indeed worked for the equality of all? or maybe bernard would like to answer it. Please without the foul mouths.

Again, none of us here take your desteni cult lightly. We have witnessed what you have managed to do to people, which isn't very pretty. That is, thanks to those ex members who are brave enough to speak out.

You all can make as many videos and blogs as you want, you can talk on the forum, which we go on regularly, well again let me speak for myself, but we WILL never give up on these members who have been sucked into your cult.

Date: May 24, 2011 09:48AM

One more thing for darryl:

Please don't flatter yourself with thinking you have 'world wide' notoriety.
xfinksx's take-off of your coffee cup with that flowerd mug was hysterical!
We all need a laugh, but it was just the 100 or so of you desteni's that
thought it was funny! And all of us at RR.

darryl you take yourself much too serious!

equal money cult, cerise poolman, desteni pyramid scheme
Date: May 26, 2011 02:41AM

In this post by Bernard Poolman's daughter, Cerise:

http://cerisepoolman.blogspot.com/2011/05/pyramid-scheme-multi-level-marketing.html

she says the reason why the Desteni I Process is NOT a pyramid selling scheme is that it is selling a product!

Surely she is just saying that as a lame attempt at persuading other Desteni members that everything is okay, they're not doing anything illegal.

The reason why the Desteni I Process IS a pyramid selling scheme (and not MLM) is that there IS NO PRODUCT. It is selling INFORMATION. Online communications in whatever format are not a 'product'. You can call them a product but they are not in legal terms. They are INFORMATION, and for your information, Ms Poolman, a product is an actual physical thing, like a boat, a car, a washing machine, a house, a hair dryer.

As to Darryl Thomas' recent responses to Muertos... It is interesting that they are not directed at Muertos but at other Desteni members.

Throughout his rants, Darryl mocks what he describes as Muertos' inability to present an informed or coherent point of view, as though Muertos is an incompetent fool with nothing of any real meaning or import to say. It is quite the contrary, but if what Darryl says were true then there would be no point in him trying to 'deconstruct' Muertos blog post in the first place. If Desteni has all the right solutions for the future of humanity then they would be wasting their time and there would be very little need to make any comment on anything their critics say, least of all to try and censor them with false DMCA claims.

Darryl has taken on the job of trying to make sure no Desteni member is swayed by Muertos' and other critics' arguments. It becomes apparent that more than their critics, the main thing Darryl and Desteni want to stop is the very real possibility of one or another of their members becoming a defector.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 02:46AM by Sandman.

Re: equal money cult, cerise poolman, desteni pyramid scheme
Date: May 26, 2011 03:02AM

Sandman
In this post by Bernard Poolman's daughter, Cerise:

http://cerisepoolman.blogspot.com/2011/05/pyramid-scheme-multi-level-marketing.html

she says the reason why the Desteni I Process is NOT a pyramid selling scheme is that it is selling a product!

Surely she is just saying that as a lame attempt at persuading other Desteni members that everything is okay, they're not doing anything illegal.

The reason why the Desteni I Process IS a pyramid selling scheme (and not MLM) is that there IS NO PRODUCT. It is selling INFORMATION. Online communications in whatever format are not a 'product'. You can call them a product but they are not in legal terms. They are INFORMATION, and for your information, Ms Poolman, a product is an actual physical thing, like a boat, a car, a washing machine, a house, a hair dryer.

Indeed,

I don't know how SA law looks upon this but let's see what the FBI says about the matter Ms. Poolman:

Pyramid Schemes

As in Ponzi schemes, the money collected from newer victims of the fraud is paid to earlier victims to provide a veneer of legitimacy. In pyramid schemes, however, the victims themselves are induced to recruit further victims through the payment of recruitment commissions.

More specifically, pyramid schemes—also referred to as franchise fraud or chain referral schemes—are marketing and investment frauds in which an individual is offered a distributorship or franchise to market a particular product. The real profit is earned, not by the sale of the product, but by the sale of new distributorships. Emphasis on selling franchises rather than the product eventually leads to a point where the supply of potential investors is exhausted and the pyramid collapses. At the heart of each pyramid scheme is typically a representation that new participants can recoup their original investments by inducing two or more prospects to make the same investment. Promoters fail to tell prospective participants that this is mathematically impossible for everyone to do, since some participants drop out, while others recoup their original investments and then drop out.

Tips for Avoiding Pyramid Schemes:

Be wary of "opportunities" to invest your money in franchises or investments that require you to bring in subsequent investors to increase your profit or recoup your initial investment.
Independently verify the legitimacy of any franchise or investment before you invest.

[www.fbi.gov]

Desteni i process, pyramid scheme, equal money cult
Date: May 26, 2011 05:39AM

Here's an animation showing how a pyramid selling scheme works:
http://dillonthompson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/pyramid1.swf

Just like the Desteni I Process!

This is from http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org:

"Pyramid selling schemes are recognized by how they actually work, not by how the promoters claim they work....

Multi-level marketing usually involves commercially viable (at least somewhat viable) products (typically: clothing, jewelry, cosmetics, health products, cookware) which present genuine business and income-earning opportunities through repeat sales to clients. This does NOT mean that MLM's are going to work for you, and many MLM's use aspects of pyramid schemes and thus border on illegal, and likely to be unprofitable, except for early participants.

Clear pyramid selling schemes often involve "gimmick" products (eg, certificates) or grossly overpriced products or services that have little or no resale value (such as many programs selling personal development programs, pre-paid legal services, cosmetics, magazine subscriptions)."

Desteni I Process does not involve the sale of any product, and no-one can prove it does. It is information, and it is available only to those who are recruited, and that's another reason it's an illegal pyramid selling scheme.

Date: May 26, 2011 10:21AM

Quoting from Cerise's blog along with my responses:

Customers may choose if they want to become an Agent and sell the product at no additional cost.

And how is this different Cerise? You don't think people can pull out of illegal pyramid scheme's. Do you think only the mafia runs such enterprises?

As the courses offered are generating a monthly income for a long period, there is no need to constantly recruit new members and find new customers - there is actually a limit on how many recruits an agent may have (10 at any given time).

Seriously? What the heck does this matter? Also, Desteni seems to be in the business of spamming the internet in an attempt to recruit everyone on the damn internet!

The DIP does not bind anyone to a contract - if you pay for a month then you receive the benefits (Buddy support, Agent support, Commission if you're an agent, access to new course material). If you don't want to continue, you simply stop paying and give notice that you will no longer be participating.

There is no formal contract. However, Desteni sure is involved in getting people to expose themselves on the Desteni forum in order to gain leverage on them. The Ex-Desteni members that I've heard from have been quite affected in this manner. Desteni uses intimidation and emotional blackmail to ensure loyalty. Desteni is a group of people playing with fire.

You not only earn commission for recruiting every month that your recruit pays, but you will also earn a monthly training commission from your recruits' recruit's (who you will need to train in the course)

And how is this different from an illegal pyramid scheme? It seems like you just reinforced that the Desteni I Process is what you're trying to paint it not to be.

The actual course material is based on a unique system to assist you to become a better living being - life coaching if you will. You can face your inner voices and who you've been taught to be, forgive yourself and walk in life as a self made human

You can dress it up however you like. But at the end of the day crap is still crap no matter how much glitter you pour on it. Also, Cerise realize that since you are the named benefactor and market agent of the Desteni money scheme, you are the one who will be in big trouble if this ever comes to a head. Realize that your father has set you up to take the fall for him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.