Re: Desteni
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: May 01, 2011 06:40AM

Process Support - Tithing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgpSJRyqJ1I

Poolman states the Desteni farm is owned by a bank and that if not enough people buy holidays there then they will have to let the farm go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: concernedmom83 ()
Date: May 01, 2011 11:01AM

I listened to the whole thing with angst... bernard I have a suggestion for you and the gang living on the farm if you are low on money....Get a job and contribute to desteni as you ask your members to. Why DON't you all have a job by the way?

Tithing (pronounced T-I- thing) is done by the membes of a religion as an act of faith, hope and charity. We believe in God, and act on the most important action he gave us: 'Love others as you love yourself". That would be why you see so many wonderful acts of charity and people helping people throughout the world. IE: The horror that recently took place in Japan. The world helped, because that's what we do. We help others out and if we needed it, they would help us.

I question the 'vacations' at the farm after reading Valentin's description. You didn't seem too hospitible to him and apparently this is a way you seem to believe you should be acting... it's not!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 11:24AM by concernedmom83.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 01, 2011 09:53PM

This also has been discussed. Money problems wont be solved until this faucet is turned off.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Sandman wrote:

Stoic
I've used the examples of poker, con-games and marketing because those are the most familiar and obvious to me as being good illustrations of the point, I am not endorsing any of those practices.
Bernard Poolman endorses online poker as a 'social and economic tool':

Process Support - Mixing Work & Pleasure
[www.youtube.com]

Stoic commented

'Bernard Poolman endorses online poker as a 'social and economic tool'

That's useful to know, he's familiar with bluffing his way through life then, as if we hadn't already guessed that! ;)

He does have big ideas though, if he dreams of an army of Desteni poker bluffers taking over the world. It takes an inborn aptitude married to long practice and total dedication to produce a good player. Someone who has 'stopped their mind, feelings and emotions' Desteni-style will not fare well in the viciously competitive poker snake-pits.

and The Anticult wrote

At least the Desteni followers know where their money will go.
Lost in online poker games, by the Dear Leader of Desteni's online gambling addiction.

Those with manic delusions of grandeur often having gambling addictions where they lose everything, time and time again.

Date: May 01, 2011 11:26PM

It seems each day that I feel this whole thing can't get worse... and then I read it does. HOW could these followers feel that gambling their money away is ok. And this comes from
an 'alledged' ex policman...oh and lawyer?

Sad, Sad...sad

Posted by: ThomDarc ()
Date: May 11, 2011 07:08AM

Desteni as a new religious movement (NRM) fits fairly well into the following catagories of NRM's: World Rejecting (see Roy Wallis) and Cult Movement (see Stark and Bainbridge). Also Desteni shows signs of being destructive and potentially dangerous. Using Catherine Beyer's on About.com for signs of dangerous cults:

[altreligion.about.com]

Charismatic Leader: Bernard Poolman (and proxy Sunette Spies)

Control over Life and Death: Unknown at this point

Commission of Felonies: Unknown at this point. However, Desteni does condone violating free speech laws in order to silence critics.

Strict Control Over Lives of Members: Desteni shows definite signs in this direction.

Separation From Contacts Outside the Group: Desteni has quite clearly demonstrated this quality.

Polarized Worldview: Check. Another clear quality of Desteni

Living in Communal Isolation: Desteni has demonstrated this quality on a very small scale thusfar.

Large Required Donations: Check. Favored members are ones who participate in the Desteni Income Plan (ie iProcess)

Conformity: Subjection of Individual Desires and Thoughts: Check. Desteni clearly fits the bill in this regard.

Punishment for Defection or Criticism: Bernard Poolman has made clear pronouncements involving punishment in this life and in the afterlife for rejecting his will and message.

Group Is Small: Check. Desteni current membership seems to be only in the low hundreds despite the numerous bot channels affiliated with Desteni.

Date: May 11, 2011 08:56PM

Yes, Desteni ticks all the right boxes when it comes to the 'cult' appellation.

There's a very good post at Destenigossip re: the issue of donations for the non-existent second Desteni cult farm and the question of money in general as per Desteni...

"Desteni and money… take care, we’re entering bipolar territory here.
Desteni started of not really doing much except for merchandise, a business which obviously didn’t run very well, after all, nobody but Destonians would buy a book written by Bernard-the-verbally-handicapped-Poolman.
They became even more daring when on the 7th of July 2010 at 9:42pm Maite, a site admin released the following post under the headline:

„URGENT REQUEST - SECOND DESTENI FARM !

An opportunity has opened up today to buy one of the neighboring farms. The farm is about 3 times bigger than the one we have now. The current farm is at its maximum capacity in terms of the amount of people and animals we are able to assist and train.

This is a one time opportunity.

We do not have sufficient funds at the moment and have 60 days to make our move. All who are able to donate to assist in gathering the required funds, please do so. Each drop helps to fill the bucket.

Thank you.“ (*1)

Many Destibots promised to donate, take loans and sell their belongings to scratch some money together. Keep in mind that most Destonians are social cases and therefore could use their money way more effectively to ‚support themselves here‘ but I assume they will all get a little spot on the new farm in return… or will they?
Even Craver and Klaus expressed excitement about a new farm, yet when you ask about the ‘second Desteni farm’, nobody can give you an answer whether it exists or not. The thread was just left abandoned.
The safest way to make a Destibot run from a conversation is, actually, to ask them for the whereabouts of the second Desteni farm or of the money donated for it.

A little introduction to the law, btw: asking for donations for a certain thing and then using the money for something different is, in fact, illegal.

But not only is there no second Desteni-farm, oh no.
As it appears, the old farm is in fact owned by a bank. (*2)
What can you expect when your glorious leader is apparently addicted to online gambling? I think we might have to re-write the equality-equation including human flaw and the ‘reality of what is here’… or rather ‘not here’:
1+1=0
One farm + another farm = no farms at all.

Then there are the SRA-classes. As Cresil1humanOST exposed on Youtube and the RickRoss-forum, those contained for a long time nothing but regular chats with other newbies and lazy videos of people on the Destenifarm explaining to you how to use your muscles as a ouija-board."

See Desteni: Money, money, money... for the rest of the article.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2011 08:56PM by Sandman.

Desteni, conspiracy science, desteni cult, anti-desteni movement
Date: May 11, 2011 10:20PM

There are also critical posts on Desteni appearing at the Conspiracy Science Forum, at the Desteni Cult blog and more YouTube channels and videos opposing Desteni are turning up all the time, such as those linked to the anti-Desteni movement channel.

The XfinksX YT channel, which was removed due to false DMCAs issued by Darryl Thomas of Desteni, has been restored, along with all the videos.

The opposition to Desteni proceeds unabated, and the more Desteni do to promote their rubbish, the more opposition they will encounter.

Re: Desteni, conspiracy science, desteni cult, anti-desteni movement
Date: May 11, 2011 10:53PM

You've got that one right Sandman. Thanks

Posted by: ThomDarc ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:35PM

Darryl shares a few interesting words for me and others:

[desteni.co.za]

As for the "false DMCA claims," we will not let others abuse our legally-guaranteed copyright work of art, and we will continue to monitor and note every instance of copyright abuse we find. And we will press a claim in court at the time of our choosing. And if I were Thom Darc, I would be very careful. Here is one of the "Antidesteni Club" who has posted in various places that he wouldn't file a counter-notice to You-Tube to get his copyright-violation videos restored because he was afraid we would "find out where he lives" (we do), as is the case when one files a claim against another You Tube channel; it is required to give your name, residence and phone number. So, apparently, Tom Darc is so afraid of us he won't file a counter-claim. And thereby hangs the tale...

My response: 1. You were making false copyright claims and you know it. You and Desteni are committing PERJURY. 2. If you know where I live then drop the doc and put your money where your mouth is. 3. In the first instance the vid I made only had your phone number, city and zip code (your actual address was blotted out). We know about your little operation in Texas so this was no new news. I refrained from providing your entire address as this vid here shows:

[blip.tv]

4. I only dropped your doc after you had that video taken down thus you escalated the situation. You are the one who is charging around on the internet like a crazed elephant trying to silence others who are obviously saying something very telling about your boss. But somehow you blame me for what you started and easily could have avoided. 5. Am I afraid of you? Of course. No one in their right mind would deliver their personal information over to a club of mentally unstable people ...especially living in the USA where people tote guns around for fun. I'm not gonna play games of chance to see where you guys will draw the line of what is "Best for All."

So how did Thom Darc get his previously copyright-banned channels back on You Tube? By hiding under the skirt of Tanja Hilton, another Anti-Desteni hater and wanna-be music critic of the Freespeecchwtf? channel. She filed the counter-notice by claiming to be the owner of Thom Darc's banned channel, and she posted the relevant identity-revealing information Thom Darc was too shit-scared to submit. That's why I say Tanja Hilton is "more of a man" than Thom Darc. She's willing to step up and be counted, while the Super-Christian mouse Thom Darc cowardly allows her to carry his water. Tanja Hilton may get a bit more respect, but she engages in deception by fighting Thom Darc's battles instead of allowing Thom Darc an opportunity to assert his manhood. Too late, Thom Darc, you've been femininely castrated.

The interesting part here is that my vids and channel were put back up despite your pop shots. Thus, Desteni has no legal leg to stand on. No lawyers in their right mind would represent you. And if you ever actually summoned Tanja to a court, the judge would laugh you and your little gang right out of it. But yeah Tanja rocks! As for my manhood, well whatever makes you feel good. I will say you should probably calm down and chill out though. Maybe you should take a non-farm related vacation somewhere. See you in the funny papers Darryl :P

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:49PM

Power to your elbow, Thom Darc, there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.