Current Page: 60 of 858
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 09, 2006 12:24PM

Just back from a little research trip and thought I might share something I found very interesting. I will be writing it up fully for the blog later today as I am doing the new articles but it looks like this could provide a bit of direction for my research for a while yet and as always I would appreciate any info others are interested in sharing.

From an article in the Christchurch Press in New Zealand from 6th October 2000 is the info that after 15 months in 1996 in New Zealand, alledgedly making a film called "The Lost Prince" 'scriptwriter' Chris Butler had not so much completed a script or started filming.

It was confirmed that the homestead Butler rented was 'lined in tinfoil, had all the carpets replaced with tiles, a complex and energy guzzling air filtration system installed, and the farm's water system supply augmented by trucking in water.'

The whole enterprise had the interest of a politician who used parliamentary privelidge to question if the production company called Tileaf was a bogus enterprise designed to circumvent immigration laws and called siddha "A guru or Godfather...of a Hare Krishna type movement and he is a man of dubious international connections". He also made comparisons with Koresh and Jones.

Although he settled out of court for an undisclosed sum in his defence this politician claimed that he had been briefed by Australian police, Interpol and the FBI who were investigating the filmakers "on suspicion of money laundering, international drug connections, and/or drug manufacture and distribution and breaches of the immigration act"

Another article from the Timaru Herald (also in NZ) from 12th feb 1998 states that all the documents from the investigation by domestic and overseas enforcement agencies would not be released because it would 'detrimentally affect the ability of police to maintain the law' and that the police claimed it would prevent such organisations from co-operating with and providing information to them. 150 pages of documents were however released to the newspaper and I imagine that these would be obtainable.

I know this is not recent news but to think that there has been so much interest in SOI - no wonder they want to run and hide in more recent years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: TheTruthAsItIs ()
Date: November 09, 2006 12:32PM

Stunned silence ... the room goes very quiet.

And in the quiet, an utterly starless night ... the sudden crash of light -

Truth

u want da truth,
but u cnt handle da truth,
u tel mah i cn tel u
but when i du
u throw it back at mah face
as if i suddenly became
nothin 2 u

ur angry at me?
when u specifically told me
2 tel u bout mah life
wel, guess wat?
tats truth, it hurts,
it ponds on u liek a hammer on a nail,
it wounds us liek a nife upon da flesh

da truth hurts n tat is irrevocable,
tats da truth...

Kelvin Tam

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: November 09, 2006 01:33PM

HOLY COW! There sure is a lot of interesting stuff on this thread now. It will take me some time to digest all this...

jules
Looking back, Man I did some wierd stuff all in the name of God and serving the pure devotee. Geez I was stupid! Wish I could turn back the clock sometimes I feel like I wasted all those years. Making up for lost time now and are content with life. Still get those nightmares when I think I am back there and JG is lashing into me with his vindictive comments and then acting like such a sweet guy!

Well said, Sir. That's [b:b754205758][i:b754205758]exactly[/i:b754205758][/b:b754205758] how I feel. Yes - [u:b754205758]wasted years[/u:b754205758].

jules
That demure chinese girl out of HK is now no longer to be seen. The other organisation of late which many of JG groupies have crossed over to is from India, a god brother of SP-can't remember the name.

Has VD now gone reclusive with JG? ... Now, I am surprised that the JG groupies are crossing over into another camp.... any more info on this? This is interesting stuff!

:?:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: November 09, 2006 01:48PM

zelig
... This is such a typical example of how it is to relate to someone in a cult. They are compelled to filter everything, even an innocent conversation about mangoes, through the "blind defense mechanisms". It is impossible to just have a normal verbal exchange. They have to justify and fold every word and action into the "party line" and make their time with you worth while. Unconsciously they are saying to you, "YOU ARE WRONG. You are the error. You are not acceptable as you are." Instead of just being with their son in a loving exchange, they had to turn it back to the cult doctrines. No wonder you are so angry, Rama.

Yes - I remember when I used to act like this myself. Everyone you met, whether your family or strangers or co-workers - you HAD to introduce them to some form of your Krishna philosophy - IT WAS YOUR DUTY! There was always the feeling that YOU KNOW EVERYTHING and everyone else is IGNORANT...

Whether telling them that they were not the material body, or that they cannot really be happy in this world, it always introduced a BLACK HOLE OF NEGATIVITY into the conversation and it seems that 100 per cent of people get turned off by this and that's the end of the friendship.

And speaking of mangoes, and "food not being the goal of life," yet their own guru has an army of people cooking for him and if they are late with the FOOD, guru FLIPS OUT. But what else would you expect from "[b:a59fc2501f]the corporation that brought you all weather hypocrisy and chewable mind control." [/b:a59fc2501f] :)

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: emntk ()
Date: November 09, 2006 02:16PM

I am guessing the exodus may be referring to Srila Sridhara Maharaja although I cannot confirm this, I have met one of his followers in Australia who has sugguested it to me as he also took issue with ISKCON and took in a lot of their ex followers. Seems to me that he is more into (what he thinks is anyway) the purer interpretation of the vedas and propogating that AC's teachings have been perverted since he left. I believe that they have a mission in the Phillipines where Siddha is so popular and a lot of followers in India as Jules sugguested. Maybe it would be possible to come into contact with some of his closer followers and find out what's up?

This is one of his books on-line :

[www.gosai.com]

I have heard of ISKCON offerring to take in Siddha's ex-followers and anecdotal evidence of a couple of girls moving into ISKCON temples to get away from the problems of SOI, abusive husbands etc. Apparently it is a long process to be initiated into ISKCON and they make you take a test to have shelter in the temple - I have seen this on-line somewhere but these girls didn't go through that.

I know that cultreporter (she doesn't mind me saying) has been offerred shelter at three temples so far. None of them have given any indication that they are motivated to do anything about Siddha. Perhaps having other's ex-follwers on board just makes their own convictions of holding the absoulte truth feel a little more authentic?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: TheTruthAsItIs ()
Date: November 09, 2006 02:38PM

Yes, you were holding the secret to the holy grail, by special privilege of course, you were "the chosen", and by your damn good previous karma, came into the Indian religion (oops universal spiritual truth) that was "not Indian". One of the benefits, was not being reborn as an animal in your next life. Everyone else were those poor ignorant slobs or plain old demon. The great secret being to build up your relationship with the Indian god who is not from India, by chanting non-stop.

CultReporter: Keep us posted on your findings, perhaps a chapter for your book: "How to raise money for God: Creative Gardening Ideas": A book that no serious gardener or devotee can be without.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 09, 2006 09:05PM

Hey, cultreporter, YES! I remember that movie! I had completely forgotten about it untill now, but yeah, mid to late nineties, all the older, more involved Krsna kids were down there...South Island, New Zealand. I bet that was at least an early version of Karma Kula, I remember my friend telling me about how Siddha was encouraging the guys down there to let themselves appear kind of gnarly, maybee sorta heavy metal, and encouraging them to listen to crazy music.

The reason for this was to apparently freak out the locals for some reason... I would imagine that he felt unwelcome there, or something.

The topic came up because my friend and I were enjoying 'Pantera' and he told me how srila prabhupada wanted the guys to put on that gnarly exterior, which resulted in possibly the first ever Hare Krsna endorsed heshian head banging ...well, there is 'Shelter', Hare Krsna Hardcore, but they are ISKCON, and we all know that doesn't count.

Okay, I think I just remembered more detail about that story, I think the reason that siddha wanted the young guys to be intimidating was because the local cop was already all over siddha! yes, I am sure that was the story, I seriously have not thought about this in over 10 years, the conversation was about 10 years ago, give or take a bit.
They were also training in martial arts and action movie type moves,my friend was saying, like commando rolls, etc... totally 'karmakula', at least a kickass for krsna flick of some kind.

Damn, good freakin work! you are a straight up gumshoe!
Keep pullin' on that little thread, that likely goes all the way to the bottom of this.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: privateye ()
Date: November 09, 2006 09:12PM

This thread is getting interesting now. I had heard about Chris and his big movie plans. I had no idea he was behind Ninjai. They must be making a bundle out of that one.

Hey rama what is the postion of laks in personal service?? official sock washer for one of VDs kids maybe???

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 09, 2006 09:19PM

Zelig, Googling, Truth, cultreporter and everybody else, I greatly and deeply appreciate your thoughts and input on my situation... all of it is so valuable to me.

zelig, I think you really know whats up, I think you have made very accurate observations about my parents just from what you have seen... it is quite amazing.

You are totally right in that my parents ARE good parents, my grandparents are amazing people that I have always loved and we were always very very close.

The other positive aspects of them you mention are very true and very real. very very very strong.

Resurect Hoody 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 09, 2006 10:15PM

privateye
This thread is getting interesting now. I had heard about Chris and his big movie plans. I had no idea he was behind Ninjai. They must be making a bundle out of that one.

Hey rama what is the postion of laks in personal service?? official sock washer for one of VDs kids maybe???

I don't know, and I'm sure if I did it would really bum me out.

Current Page: 60 of 858

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.