Current Page: 62 of 858
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: November 12, 2006 01:23AM

Freeman,
I can't imagine anyone staying in the group without ever seeing Siddha in person. That's just really weird. Perhaps his followers have really learned the guru manipulation game very well. Most of the people who join up are just as you describe.
freeman
My experience in Queensland was that the devotees and disciples have a very casual approach to spiritual life, they are happy to just mainly retreat from society and live in their own little community they have made for themselves. A few years ago there were more organised and communal housing bramachari houses for the young guys and a group house in Brisbane but as time has gone by they have become even more disparate. There are about maybe 150 of them that are genuine hangers on by my best estimate. That is including kids.

From what you say, the pattern remains the same. It attracts nice, gentle people who, for the most part just want to drop out of the rat race and live a simple and spiritual lives without too many responsibilities. They want easy and clear answers. The forming and breaking up of the communal residences (usually in conjunction with some project of JG’s), and eventual avoidance of kirtans fits the model. What happens is that people just get sick of each other. There is no healthy fostering of love, friendship, and working relationships. It is an infantile psychology. These people never reach the maturity to accept life's ups and downs. They never learn to roll with the punches and still do good work and help each other in spite of the pain and misery that comes with life. There is also joy and happiness in life. But to focus on joy is against the teachings. You are guilted out of any happiness not connected with serving your guru or invisible god.

[b:8a94e86d6c]Read Viktor Frankl’s, “Man’s Search for Meaning” [/b:8a94e86d6c] to understand how people are manipulated, as well as to blow Siddha’s philosophy out of the water. Frankl studied survivors of Nazi concentration camps. He found a common denominator between those who survived and why. It's a good read for those who have left cults. This website also has a lot of good references.

The belief that:

Put your love on the spiritual plane, and it can never be violated (at least by earthly means) again.
is not truth as it is. It is this very belief system that excuses the neglect of wives, husbands, children, friends, and family. There is no responsibility to the other. It even justifies sociopathic behavior and criminal activity.

Life is not about experiencing the ecstasy of the spiritual plane 24/7. This idea is the unattainable carrot shown to the followers. I was one once. It is a common cult tactic. People are attracted to drugs for the same reasons. The promise of the "fix" --- an audience with Siddha, prasadam from his plate, being "selected" for a project, getting "pennies in your spiritual piggy bank", getting a garland and a smile from Siddha, on and on......we were led to believe these were worthy motivators.

But in the quiet of the morning, the feeling that you are never good enough always creeps in, even for the “favoured ones”. Maybe it happens when you wake up with a hard on. Maybe it comes when you are offering incense and food to a photograph of a man and an alien god you have never seen and begin to wonder if it is really real. Perhaps your doubts creep in when you see the hipocracy of other devotees. We are told that “doubts are like demons.” (e.g., Always doubt your self). We are told that we are all in a “hospital” so we should not be surprised to see the guy next to you with an illness. Of course Siddha is the Doctor and without flaw. [b:8a94e86d6c](Always doubt your self!)[/b:8a94e86d6c]

“truth as it is” expands nicely on the Wizard of Oz analogy. I have added my own thoughts in bold brackets.
TheTruthAsItIs
I was thinking of the Wizard of Oz today, creating a sort of utopia in a place of [b:8a94e86d6c] [perceived and emphasis on the] [/b:8a94e86d6c]misery and confusion (this earth), give the people what they [b:8a94e86d6c] [think they][/b:8a94e86d6c]want [b:8a94e86d6c][or make them want what you think][/b:8a94e86d6c], give them rituals and regulations, give them a community and nice companions, give them activities and projects, give them employment, give them down time (yoga, surfing, making movies, music, martial arts), give them a city of spiritual emeralds, mysticism and magic, give them that "special feeling" that they are more worthy/qualified/advanced than everyone else……[b:8a94e86d6c][yet you are still considered] [/b:8a94e86d6c]grovelling demons… give them the credibility of scripture and God in the Heart to test the authenticity of the spiritual master, give them a God to love and most of all give them a map to see their way through the ultimate journey: death. [b:8a94e86d6c] [Make sure to keep everyone in fear of birth and death. You had also better make sure that your “god in the heart” agrees with the guru. In fact, never trust what is in your heart.][/b:8a94e86d6c] …..The favoured ones get emerald seats….. [b:8a94e86d6c][they are the most easily manipulated in order to maintain their status][/b:8a94e86d6c]….. The companions must wear special spectacles to keep the brilliance of the Emerald City from blinding them; wearing them, everything appears in different shades of green. [b:8a94e86d6c][The blinders that keep you from seeing the fraud and keep you enslaved by the wicked witch.][/b:8a94e86d6c]

freeman
I knew a few of the teens really well and it is obvious that there is going to be a lot of rebellion just around the corner.

I hope so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 12, 2006 02:48AM

Cultreporter,
Dear, sweet Lady,
Your research, knowledge and commentary on the cult is superb. At some point, if only for your own well being, you will have to put the disappointed love in perspective. Yes, it was part of your cult experiences, but not totally because of it. I do not agree with truth as it is” when he/she said that there was no cure for the pain.

TheTruthAsItIs
Cult, your words take us back to that heartache, as we age and become harder,

I don’t agree. We can also become more pliable, forgiving, and understanding. Just look at some of the old Tai Chi masters in China. The same thing can be attained emotionally, mentally and spiritually as you age. I have met these kind of elders. This idea (of becoming harder) is an old Siddha/Sai “Youth culture” teaching.

TheTruthAsItIs
we forget those youthful feelings that once were so intense and very painful. "Devastation" is a good word to describe rejection ... you have at least common ground with Siddha on that, something like I remember him saying "tearing the wings off a fly". There is no cure for this pain,

No cure? Just not true. You learn to put things in perspective and prioritize. Most of all you gain wisdom and acceptance. You come to know that even bad events can ultimately be for good. If nothing more than to provide a contrast and gain appreciative and thankful hearts.

TheTruthAsItIs
but I suspect Siddha went on to set up his whole thing as a defence mechanism, as a way to never go through that horror again.
No doubt. Only he got stuck in this reactive hell and compensated for it by becoming a self-deluded guru. Being stuck in his guru role, he compensates in all manner and forms to shore up and maintain this lie.

TheTruthAsItIs
Put your love on the spiritual plane, and it can never be violated (at least by earthly means) again.

“Put your love on the spiritual plane” to the exclusion of all others!??? This is krishna philosophy. This is how Rama gets blown off by his parents. This is the excuse your wimp used. How does one really do this? And why is it not possible to go in the other direction – to bring the spiritual plane down to earth? Oil and water is the usual argument. But hasn’t anyone ever heard of an emulsifier!?[b:e2fb9d899e]*[/b:e2fb9d899e] (You’ll have to figure out what that might be in your own life.) As I stated before, it is this very belief system that excuses the neglect of wives, husbands, children, friends, and family. There is no responsibility to the other. It even justifies sociopathic behavior and criminal activity.

TheTruthAsItIs
A person like this actually has a very soft heart behind the multiple facades, a person like this is very aware of the hurt that can be experienced by a child (which is like the touch of a butterfly's wings), that most us would not even be dimly aware of ... extreme acute perceptions.
I’m not sure if “truth as it is” is talking about Siddha or your wimp here. It sounds like what we were always led to believe – of Siddha’s acute awareness and sensitivities because of his spiritual enlightenment. Bullsh*t. You find the same “sensitivities” in a psychiatric ward.

Your grief over the wimp is painful, but you have a choice. You have the ability to nourish and feed the disappointment or to focus on making your life better and finding a real man. If you were my daughter I would say these same things to you. Chances are this man would have rejected you with or without the cult. He just used the cult as a convenient excuse. You are worthy of a good relationship and a man who will treat you right. Don’t beat a dead horse. Don’t look back and become a pillar of salt like Lot’s wife. There is a light-hearted book filled with a lot of truths about men called, “He’s Just Not That Into You”, by Greg Behrendt,Liz Tuccillo. Wimp qualifies here. Don’t think that if he was free from the cult that he would have appreciated you. It was never in his nature. If he really wanted you, he would have stayed with you in spite of family/cult objections. He used you. Period. End of story. Now focus your energies on positive things and relationships.

[b:e2fb9d899e]I also have a real concern that Hare Krishna recruiters are trolling this site to “rescue” ex-Siddha followers in distress. Be careful of going out of the frying pan into the fire. Be wary of being used by those who offer another guru. One person said that you have been approached by several temples offering you shelter. I encourage you to continue to write and rebuild your life. Be cautious of those who want you to expose things indiscriminately. Again, please get legal counsel for your protection.[/b:e2fb9d899e]

[b:e2fb9d899e]*e•mul•si•fi•er [/b:e2fb9d899e][i múlssə f ər]
(plural e•mul•si•fi•ers) n
chemical agent that maintains emulsion: a chemical agent that maintains or creates an emulsion.

[b:e2fb9d899e]e•mul•sion[/b:e2fb9d899e] [i múlsh'n]
(plural e•mul•sions) n
[b:e2fb9d899e]1. suspension of liquid within another liquid: a suspension of one liquid in another, e.g. oil in water or fat in milk[/b:e2fb9d899e]
2. water-based paint with mat finish: a water-based paint that usually has a mat finish. Use: interior decorating.
[b:e2fb9d899e]3. photog light-sensitive photographic coating: a thin light-sensitive coating of silver bromide or silver halide in a medium such as gelatin on a photographic plate, paper, or film[/b:e2fb9d899e]

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 12, 2006 03:18AM

Rama Das (slave name)
I wonder who the vanerial disease kids are? maybee at that point you don't need socks.

:lol: Hey, does anyone know if JG and VD ever had kids of their own? I also wonder how JG is going to ensure his disciplic succession. Perhaps VD will be the first female JG!? Or will they just have a Disciplic Recession!? :wink: :lol:

[b:6cc1f11159]Hey Googling![/b:6cc1f11159] Come back! We need some humor here! I'ts getting too heavy! And there be trolls lurking about! :twisted: :evil: 8)

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 12, 2006 04:12AM

No, as far as I am aware of, Siddha never bumped uglies with "VD", so we don't have to worry about rosemary's baby just yet.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: November 12, 2006 05:23AM

In response to what zelig said about becoming the emulsifier that can blend the oil of earth with the water of the spiritual plane.

That is our true calling, and it is so absolutely individual that there is no one "technique", in fact, everyones journey into this work will be totally unique.

There is no rulebook on how or even what this is.

I think it is merely a natural process of healing that we feel compelled to be a vessel for.

Do you feel driven to really be your own individual? Maybee that is nature, or god, or whatever you want to call it... it is all those things, yet there was NEVER any reason to believe that those things that flow through us and drive us were ever anything other than absolutely and completely us.

Can we see the world for what it really is? The opportunity that it is? the beauty that it is? the predicament that it is?
The whole notion of this life being a midway point, the notion of this life not being valuable, the notion of this body/person/energy not being completely and 100% you... of you, for you and about you.

I say these things have absolutely been pushed on us. We have been under a tidal wave of Ideas, traditions and authority whose sole purpose is to take us out of spontaneity, take us out of the pure knowledge of ourselves (knowledge as a feeling, an energy that is yours and resonates through your bones, not as ideas.) Complete knowledge of ourselves, born of our own experience, manifest through our intuition, understood through our creativity.

We are starting to see a different paradigm... we start to realise that the spiritual absolutely IS here, every single particle of creation is infused with life and intelligence.
The material IS the spiritual. They occupy the same space... our thoughts, feelings, actions... these all involve (at least potentially... I'm talking to you robots, as well.) our total spiritual selves. Our lives here are a vivid, surreal experience.

I would say, once again, if you totally turn the model given to us by a controlling religion on it's head, you will be closer to the truth.
Our lives here ARE this vivid, solid, dense stroll through matter... Born into a realm that we cannot see out of or past. Think about it, would this just be what they told us? i.e. a life that is fundamentally pointless, nothing but a dead end of pain, ignorance and confusion?
Or would this life not seem like the ultimate opportunity, to be born here amongst these self defeating ideas and entrapping systems.
Maybee we knew we were up for the job, maybee we knew we could come here and live amazingly.

All I see is potential. I see a group of very wary and tortured souls(earth).
I see how strangled and led around we all have been for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

I can see all this being absolutey obliterated by a true awakening of individuality.

It is already well under way. There are already many many people living pure, purely being their own voice.
If these become the rule(I know that word misrepresents this concept) and not just the exception, marginalized by the very focused forces of fear, uniformity and control, then this planet would be completely unrecognizeable.

what we will give birth to from our creativity and true limitless nature is what interests me. It is what I want to be a part of, and why I think I am here right now.

It's commin'.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: November 12, 2006 06:38AM

zelig
[b:506deaeee7]Hey Googling![/b:506deaeee7] Come back! We need some humor here! I'ts getting too heavy! And there be trolls lurking about! :twisted: :evil: 8)

Yes, I [i:506deaeee7]am[/i:506deaeee7] still here - just been a bit busy in the last few days! :arrow:

:arrow: [b:506deaeee7]Not chanting enough or being serious enough is a burden that all devotees carry - a spiritual self flagellation. [/color:506deaeee7] [/b:506deaeee7]

YES THIS STATEMENT IS VERY TRUE - "A spiritual self-flagellation[/color:506deaeee7]" - that's a good one!!!! I certainly was very much in this frame of mind for many years, until I just got sick of feeling like this and decided to throw in the towel, so to speak. I personally do not think this is a healthy state of mind, and leads to depression and sadness or in some people even worse, and seems to be the enemy of happiness and joy...

When it gets to this point, where you start beating yourself up for things like relaxing in a soft reclining chair, falling asleep while chanting on your beads, eating, or feeling sexually aroused, etc etc etc...

It seems to me that no matter how much I chanted or how seriously I followed the principles, the worship, etc etc, the spiritual elders (eg BkD) would undoubtedly accuse me of not doing it right, somehow, and all my problems were due to this...

I had to take a serious look at what being Siddha's follower had done to my life and to my state of mind - and I am glad that I am not there anymore.

:arrow: There is a movie called "The Untouchables" which tells the story of Elliot Ness and Al Capone. The scene where Al Capone is at a meeting with all his men, when he takes out a baseball bat and accuses one of his men of cheating him out of money, and then smashes the guy's head with the baseball bat. The others are horrified and too scared to say anything...

It seems as if this is a similar type of tactic that SIDDHA does to his followers but on a verbal level. It sure keeps people under control, though.

:evil:

zelig
:lol: Hey, does anyone know if JG and VD ever had kids of their own? I also wonder how JG is going to ensure his disciplic succession. Perhaps VD will be the first female JG!? Or will they just have a Disciplic Recession!? :wink: :lol:

No DEFINITELY NO KIDS - Can you imagine Siddha changing a diaper?? :cry: :D

Yep, a disciplic recession seems to be on the horizon... (females definitely not allowed to be God's rep, no, no, no, not on Lord Caitanya's shift!) :o

:?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 12, 2006 08:08AM

Truth As It Is - Cult, who has enormous intellect, creativity, imagination, potential love for God, is somehow stuck on this wimp, who should be so lucky to be criminally stalked (the only chance he will ever get in his life to be stalked because no one else would waste their time to do this).

Alledgedly criminally stalked. :roll: The latest word from 'the man' is that a few phone calls and text messages do not count as criminal stalking especially in circumstances where contact has been reciprocated. The main interest in this whole affair has very clearly been trying to get me to shut up about the cult and not have websites/books/articles etc. The word that I had was that the cop wasn't even sure who was making the complaint, him or the disciple that took him there. That was most interesting to me - some more tangible evidence of control and that I am not imagining things. Yes, I agree overall as has been said carinf about him is a waste of time and for all that has come of it totally not worth it. Love is love but there is also a lot of living to be done.

Zelig - I can't imagine anyone staying in the group without ever seeing Siddha in person. That's just really weird. Perhaps his followers have really learned the guru manipulation game very well. Most of the people who join up are just as you describe.

Most people in Australia have never met Siddha unless they travel to Hawaii. I have a friend who is an ex-follower that was there when Siddha was last here in 1994. Most of the people that have joined up since then have not met him and it seems unlikely to me that they will. I really would have liked to but wanting to travel to Hawaii or have contact with devotees there is seriously discouraged. Word is that he does not travel anymore and that the role of his disciples is as those who should be listened to as a direct link to him. The situation as I saw it is pretty much guru by proxy. No-one seems particularly concerned that they do not receive any personal guidance from the man that they are devoting their life to. There was a lot of talk about spending time in the Phillipines among followers when I was there.

Zelig - I also have a real concern that Hare Krishna recruiters are trolling this site to “rescue” ex-Siddha followers in distress. Be careful of going out of the frying pan into the fire. Be wary of being used by those who offer another guru. One person said that you have been approached by several temples offering you shelter. I encourage you to continue to write and rebuild your life. Be cautious of those who want you to expose things indiscriminately. Again, please get legal counsel for your protection.

Thanks for this encouragement to Zelig and everyone else. Yes the offers from the temples are true. I have even been offerred to have my vedic studies paid for and nice positions in service in healthcare which is what I always wanted to do, but I am not interested. I am a writer first and foremost, it is what I love to do (all (aspiring) great writers need to have life experience right?) I have had some legal advice and some writer's advocates that will help me out with the legalities of publishing. I seriously don't on anything (simple living/high thinking) so the prospect of being sued doesn't really concern me.

Just Googling - Yep, a disciplic recession seems to be on the horizon... (females definitely not allowed to be God's rep, no, no, no, not on Lord Caitanya's shift!)

Seriously I am 100% certain there is a disciple on the GC that has a female spiritual master. I am still trying to work out the name of this female guru, I was only told it once and it was not familiar to me at the time. I am only sure it is not Paramahamsa Yoganda who I had heard of and who seems to blend Krishna and Jesus as Siddha does. I never really got that.

My bet for succession is fractions with a lot of disciples seeming to place themselves for this already, or suicides. I have heard a lecture where Siddha says that those who REALLY love their spiritual master and REALLY have devotion may choose to leave the planet with him without being offensive - a more recent one.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 12, 2006 08:24AM

Siddha changing a diaper? :lol:

I can't imagine that he would even go near Wai Lana unless it was equipped with a complex air filtration system and wrapped in aluminum foil.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: November 12, 2006 09:09AM

cultreporter
.... I have heard a lecture where Siddha says that those who REALLY love their spiritual master and REALLY have devotion may choose to leave the planet with him without being offensive - a more recent one.

Maybe hitch a ride on the comet "Hale-Bopp[/color:4a45f28de2]?" :lol: :lol:

:roll:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: TheTruthAsItIs ()
Date: November 12, 2006 04:15PM

We are starting to see a different paradigm... we start to realise that the spiritual absolutely IS here, every single particle of creation is infused with life and intelligence.
The material IS the spiritual. They occupy the same space... our thoughts, feelings, actions... these all involve (at least potentially... I'm talking to you robots, as well.) our total spiritual selves. Our lives here are a vivid, surreal experience.

Careful Rama, when I read your last post, I had to stand on my chair and shout out loud! I was just fizzling with joy! Have been heavy for so long ...

Ouch, I fell off and landed on my head :lol:

Current Page: 62 of 858

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.