Current Page: 66 of 66
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: April 18, 2021 05:32AM

James Swartz & Tax Evasion?

Is James Swartz doing an Al Capone, and evading tax?

Once upon a time, there was a spiritual teacher who after years of hardly anybody being interested in what he taught, he began to enjoy a certain amount of fame, through a catchy title, 'How to Attain Enlightenment' (which may be the subject of another story in itself). Highly charismatic, he can convince even the most intelligent that the moon is made of cheese. Yet with this tremendous power, came tremendous responsibility.

On the face of it, he cultivated a father/grandfather type persona, always at pains to let the world know that he is exactly what he said he is: A bona fide teacher of Traditional Vedanta. Adept at re-writing history and marketing hype, it did seem that he had set himself up to be the saviour of the western world in bringing Vedanta to us, the westerners who simply cannot understand Vedanta unless an American messiah trotted along to save us from our materialistic stupidity.

It did seem that James Swartz', God-King of re-writing history, had fooled those in the west that simply did not know better, or even worse, are happy to merely assume. The one thing that the God-King did not count on was technology, specifically the 'Way Back Machine'. For it takes snapshots of all websites over many years, and in it, one can see that James Swartz & Shiningworld have a history of teaching material that is most definitely not Traditional Vedanta. Things such as dream analysis, which he devoted whole sections of his website. A traditional teacher does not teach non-traditional material. If we recall, it is the one condition Swami from the ashram emailed me some months ago myself. The archive Shiningworld is a treasure-trove, I am diligently going over his website from it's first inception, looking at article he has written such as:

"Homosexuals are okay, Queers and Gays arn't".

No doubt, there will be much more to come.

James Swartz, though Grand Inquisitor of fake Vedanta in your e-satsangs, you are accused and guilty of being the most heinous of hypocrites, defiler of the good nature of those who trusted you and believed in your S*** talk. It is proved digitally, by your past material on Shiningworld, that you are not a teacher of Traditional Vedanta as you try to claim. It is proved you include material not Vedanta. As such, you did not bring Vedanta to the west in a way that we can understand, since you are not recognised as a teacher of Vedanta. That legacy is debunked. You no longer have a legacy. The truth, actual, factual & contextual matters...

O' great defiler of the trust of innocents, you were permitted to stay at someone's property in Bend, Oregon. Until this person, a very dharmic, and up-standing citizen, began to challenge your behaviour:

Anonymous
I am starting to have serious concerns about you.

James Swartz
What do you mean?

Anonymous
It has become clear to me, while you are staying at my property, that you are not paying taxes to anyone, at all. That is illegal.

James Swartz
What would I pay taxes for?

Anonymous
You would pay taxes on your donations, which are quite sizeable, for a start.

James Swartz
I don't need to pay taxes, I am a Mahatma! I am beyond paying taxes.

Anonymous
I do not agree with this. It is Illegal, you will have to leave my property.

(Some of this conversation has been paraphrased, but new information is coming in, that the non-payment of tax by James Swartz was a major cause of conflict, between him and the people who let him use the property in Bend, Oregon.)

You can research Shiningworld material that they have tried to take off the internet, that is still viewable at [archive.org]

This is the one place they cannot rewrite history.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few words from 'X' for the Cult Ed Forum...

X
Thank you for your last post. Yes, there are 'paper trials' (electronic) that can show strange activity regarding James Swartz. If it will be of value to the Cult Ed forum, I am happy to share something with you for you to make another post

EarthQuake
That would be great! You are exactly like me, a comeback-king, haha!

What kind of activity do you mean?

X
People that have seen the evidence that I have, are suspicious about potential money-laundering or tax evasion.

Earthquake
Can you explain for the Cult Ed forum?

X
Yes, James Swartz has bank accounts all over the world, that different people hold money for him. He then will get them to pay certain bills, or move money from 'A to B'.

Earthquake
Are there any specifics that you can tell me?

X
Yes, James has people minding his money in bank accounts in;

Germany
United Kingdom
North America x2

That is what I know of.

Earthquake
That does seem very strange, doesn't it?

X
He also tried to get me to open a joint bank account with himself and me, without him being present in Spain, but they would not allow it.

Earthquake
So he is trying to get people to open bank accounts for him, without him being present? That is very interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

X
I like what you wrote about black magic. So true, Vedanta is clear about this.

Earthquake
Yes, Vedanta is quite clear as to how such things like magic cannot harm one.

(We then have a video discussion about specific teachings we know of to show this.)

X
Regarding the book, 'How to Attain Enlightenment, I also found the publishing date very suspicious. I am glad it is being analyzed. We shall see what becomes of that.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 19, 2021 04:44PM

James Swartz: A Vedanta Fake

Dedicated to the dissemination of the cult of James & Isabella Swartz

Reading through the E-Satsang section of Shiningworld, James & Isabella Swartz publicize themselves as the messiah's of Vedanta, here to save the western world from our linguistic stupidity. Indeed, it has also been touted that James Swartz brought freedom to the west without the 'trappings' of tradition. A fable that is quite familiar to Siddhartha Gautama and Hinduism. As the Messiah or Buddha incarnate, there has been an aura of mysticism woven around the God-King of lies, that has fooled many. This elaborate & intricate web of manure needs to be washed away systematically to reveal it for what it is. If only for the sake of truth.

And, truth be told, there would be no need for people to investigate them and reveal counter-evidence to their propagandized narrative if they were able to have some modicum of humility and accountability. Perhaps by stepping from their self-appointed golden-painted pedestals of cow-dung, and begin to humbly post the scores of negative emails, they get alongside the banal, vomit-inducing edited 'platitudes'.

It is thought that in the interest of fairness to the world, since James & Isabella Swartz like to portray themselves as Infallible deities, that you may find it useful to see a small sample of reviews for James Swartz on Amazon. To redress the propaganda, if only briefly. After going through some reviews briefly, it is very interesting to see that some are definitely in agreement with what members here have said:

The writer seems to put "religion and spirituality" into an undesirable category and says that his version of the truth is "scientific" and therefore credible. There are some things that I may agree with, but I found this book to contain too much pontification of the author's personal opinions, which I had to wade through in searching out essential truths. Were I to edit this book, I would reduce it by at least 60%. If you want a book that is densely packed with truth without all the fluff, try "Paths to Transcendence," by Reza Shah-Kazemi. My advice to readers is don't get too attached to personalities. It is better to read Shankara himself, the original Upanishads, the Bhagavad-Gita, and find the truth inside yourselves.

That does not mean the author doesn't present Vedanta. I'm not saying that. But I had serious concerns about opinions. For example, the author says there is no value in helping others, and then gives the pull-yourself-up--by-your-own-bootstraps argument.

That is a serious error. It may be that things don't matter when taking the perspective of the Absolute. But in the relative world we have been placed into, helping others is not only valuable, it is mandatory if we are to live consciously.

That was one example. Many of these personal opinions could give seekers an excuse to live in a self-centered egocentric manner and at the same time call that enlightenment. This is a view which disconnects enlightenment from virtue. It doesn't pass muster to place "religion and spirituality" outside the realm of enlightenment. This isn't at all what Shankara was teaching.

Also, awareness isn't the final word on enlightenment, but only one aspect of the enlightened consciousness, which is compassionate and caring of other beings. Enlightened consciousness is a "you first" perspective. It isn't a self-centered "me first" endeavor that indifferently watches others flounder.

First of all this guy seems to be completely uninformed about the teachings of any of the scriptures of Vedanta: Bhagavad gita, Upanishads, and Brahma Sutras, and Shankara's commentaries on each. Do yourself a favor. Read these works for yourself so that you will know when someone is misleading you.

The author wonders why Swami Vivekananda emphasised the four paths of yoga. Maybe it was because Krishna also emphasised the four paths of yoga in the Gita.

Guru James seems to think that anyone who teaches any path other than self-enquiry is teaching "neo-vedanta." His way seems to be the only way. Too bad such people as Maharishi Patanjali, Sri Krishna, Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekenanda, Swami Sivananda, Swami Prabhavananda, Narada Muni, the Buddha and the Dalai Lama didn't read Guru James's book. They wouldn't have lead people astray.

I'm glad for James that he is so satisfied with himself. It must feel very good to be right when so many others are so wrong.

Confused, opinionated Vedanta.
Listen to Swarmi Sarvapriyananda on youtube instead. :)

The author gives a fairly good overview of Vedanta. The problem is that he presents himself as someone who is spiritually enlightened or "self-actualized" when clearly he is not (as made evident by his critical attitude and arrogance).

Needed an editor who understands the structure of philosophical arguments. A desperately winding, backtracking, logic-less discourse, filled with strawman arguments and arrogance.

Certainly, the author would say I don't understand non-duality and the fault lies with me. However, I do and it doesn't.

James Swartz often criticizes other teachers and their teaching. Although not criticizing the person, but the teaching. According to James, it is part of the vedanta tradition to oppose and criticize wrong ideas. Hopefully this is in line with such an attitude. In other words, nothing personal.

In fact I like James. I spent 3 years listening to his teaching daily. I organized a seminar with him and we worked together creating several illustrations for vedanta teaching. His teaching changed my life equally transformative as when I discovered yoga and meditation 40 years ago. He is a good teacher, with great humor and has a talent for teaching advaita vedanta to a western audience. Also he avoids or at least tones down, the guru circus so common. He comes across as a friend and guide. His teaching clarified for me a lot of confusion in the spiritual world and was a huge relief.

It is strange how James can deviate so much from his own teacher Swami Chinmayananda. According to James there is no awakening, no special states of experience, no path, nothing to be gained and no destination. Here is what his own teacher writes:

« Seeking is fulfilled only in gaining the sought. In its great Awakening, only when the ego merges into the Infinite Self, where nothing else exists, in the State of Aloneness is the goal reached, the destination arrived, the Supreme State of Total Satisfaction gained. In this Awakening alone, can all seeking end.» From Swami Chinmayananda commentaries on Astavakra Gita. p. 241.

It is obvious that James only takes one to the doorstep of Vedanta. In that, he does a good job. But he does neither introduce nor encourage or personally exemplify the nididhyasana phase which many teachers equals with intense meditation, sattvic lifestyle and other qualifications of an enlightened person mentioned in the scriptures again and again. There seems to be a great awakening and experience in the end of the rainbow of the spiritual search after all, but is not an experience in the normal sense. It is much more subtle, and beyond experience. It is a turning away from the world, seeing there is nothing there and embarking on an inward journey of much greater depth than James seems to present.

It is bad taste to critizise ones own teacher. I am very grateful for his teaching and I might misunderstand, but reading more of the works of his teacher Swami Chinmayananda and his teacher Swami Sivananda, it is clear that there are huge discrepancies, where what James presents is an apple fallen quite a distance from the original trees. For the serious vedanta student, check it out for yourself and make your own judgment. There seems to be much more to vedanta and moksha than students of James is being presented. There is the third stage of the teaching of integration for those who are ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A reverse-order backdrop to this is useful, and for that, we step into our time-machine to the Shiningworld website on April 27 2011:

James Swartz
Swami Chinmayananda, a guru's guru and the man
whose excellect teaching set me free.

James Swartz
Swami Dayananda Saraswati, the most infuential
and highly respected Vedanta teacher in India today.
His pure teachings have had more of an effect on my
ability to teach Vedanta than Swamiji's.

Setting aside that I am not the only teacher in the latter lineage to agree that James Swartz does not teach traditional Vedanta, it is certainly understandable that some credit is given to such monumental teachers as above. Point of fact: James Swartz also had links on his website to both the Chinmaya Mission and Pujya Swamiji's (Swami Dayananda's) websites in India. What is interesting is that these links were removed sometime around the end/beginning of 2011/2012.

1. James, why did you remove the links to your own Guru's Ashram to never place them on your site again?

2. Did you throw your rattle out of the pram because poor little Swartzikins did not get public endorsements?

3. James & Isabella Swartz: isn't it time you started to publicize the negative letters that you receive in the interests of honesty & integrity?

4. Do you not understand that more and more people are laughing at you and your cult-groupies, with all of your twilight-zone view of the world and pretentiousness in your e-satsangs?

5. Last, but not least, will you agree to you and I both having the last three years of our financial records professionally audited?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Date: May 05, 2021 02:24AM

Challenging the Brainwashing Propaganda of the Shiningworld Cult

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is James Swartz an enlightened person?

He is an intellectual mirage.

Probably not. Quite a few of the people into him, from what I have seen and read , seem to have a very shallow and narrow understanding, especially when it comes to other spiritual paths and masters which they have no actual experience or proper knowledge of.

What they have seems to be simply an intellectual understanding of advaita, which of course any fool can understand intellectually - real enlightenment is a totally different ballgame and will not fit into any intellectual or mental understanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Ramana & James Swartz

The author,Ram or whoever,has skipped the overall message and has gone into word-by-word analysis,which in my opinion is absolutely wrong.

Interpreting Sanskrit phrases (or Tamil in Sri Ramana’s case) whimsically doesn’t make one a scholar. I seriously recommend that the OP stops reading inauthentic articles and engage in much productive activities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On James Swartz Constantly Criticizing Other Teachers (and Ramana again)

James is not only criticizing Osho but many other teachers. By the comments about Ramana Maharishi whom he doesn’t consider as a perfect teacher in spite of being a self realized person, James also implies that he is a better teacher than Ramana. He also devalues the way of Ramana Mahirishi’s teaching through silence. James believes that being in the silent presence of a master doesn’t have much value at all but many people know that there is a lot of transmission that happens from a master to disciple in pure silence.

Earthquake: All hail the king of arrogance! If I can take my leave, God-King Swartz, is it okay that I inform the world that once again you are talking through your backside regarding Vedanta.

Lord Dakshinamurti is the first Guru. Once he lay the foundation of Vedanta, he taught the four Rishis the complete meaning in silence. To do this Chin Mudra was used, which includes the meaning of each digit on the hand. Dakshinamurti Stotram is the specific teaching, and I have not only been taught it by Swami, I have also taught it myself. Once the understanding of Chin Mudra has been taught, the deeper secrets are revealed in use of the mudra in silence.

Myself, I have stepped back temporarily from teaching, in order to explore silence. There is much that is being discovered through the now regular vows of silence. And this is done with the full understanding and support of my lineage. At some point I shall return to active teaching, and the idea is to bring the language of silence to students. So as can be saw, James Swartz' understanding of Vedanta is seriously incomplete.

While James Swartz dismisses most of the so called spiritual teachers as self-deluded (May it is true, but I am pointing out that his desperate interest in doing this only shows his interest in showing himself superior), he himself has authorized some of his students to teach and declared them as enlightened. I think it is very easy to convince James that you are enlightened, you just have to parrot what he says but show some confidence on what you are saying and act as if it comes from your own understanding. If what you say agrees with what he says, then James Swartz will probably declare you as enlightened.

Earthquake: Oh yes, as Stan, myself and 'X' will know (among others), if we parrot what James & Isabella say to a high degree then we will be awarded the enlightenment lollipop. Until such times as we claim our own minds, and escape from the prison that is Castle Swartz.

I have gone through many other criticisms of the spiritual teachers by James and his group, and as far as I have read, they have not accepted anybody, not even a single person as a perfect ‘teacher’ and they always criticize about how incomplete the teachings are..

Earthquake: Indeed, the Shiningworld Sheeple accept whomever James & Isabella say is a valid teacher. Such is the power of cults, that Shiningworld members rarely think for themselves, and if they do, they are simply too scared to approach the two demonic deities.

All I find in their way of teachings and satsangs are deep theoretical discussions and Sanskrit jargons. They are trying to create pundits and scholars but not enlightened people.

One thing that really convinced me to write this post was a discussion that I had on an online forum with a person who is learning from James Swartz. I was surprised to see how much influence James has made on her because all her discussion reflected the same attitude that James has: Finding faults with words and usage of words, finding faults in spiritual teachers etc.

Earthquake: Yes, it's the experience we have had here also. The Shiningworld Cult members are so brainwashed that they come on here and speak exactly like James & Isabella so much that it is hard to tell them apart.

To the students of James Swartz: You may feel impressed not because James Swartz is impressive but Vedanta is impressive. (James Swartz might be a great guy, I am not against him but I just want to give you guys something to think about). Vedanta is still new to the Western world but it is an age old tradition in India. But if you are really interested in ending your suffering and knowing your true nature, you need the presence and guidance of a true enlightened master and not just somebody who thinks he is enlightened. It is possible to walk in the path without any Guru, but it is very difficult. It is going to further complicate the process if you are in the hands of somebody who has not yet made it.

I have no doubt that James is an excellent writer. He speaks a lot of things with great clarity which shows that he has taken his time to read many scriptures. That is the only advantage that he has over the other people who call themselves as enlightened. He can help you to learn stuff and become well versed with Vedanta and its scriptural base but I really doubt if he could help you towards your enlightenment.

James may not say that he is enlightened.. But if you say that he is enlightened, that means he has somehow, at least indirectly implied that he is enlightened…

Now, your reply was just an emotional reaction to..., because you know James. The appeal that Vedanta made in you and how James own personality impressed you makes to react... this way. But I am just questioning his claim of having enlightened. I don’t have any intention to put him down..

James just appears to be such a Vedantic scholar. He goes on to say that Ramana was not a perfect teacher, which raised my question towards his claim of enlightenment in the first place… Just because Ramana didn’t teach Vedanta as James does now, doesn’t make him an imperfect or less perfect teacher than James. In fact, in Indian tradition, we have a different word, Guru and we don’t really use the word teacher. Ramana was a perfect Guru. I am from the same state where Ramana was born in and speak the same language that Ramana spoke in. Ramana’s language was Tamil, which is my own mother tongue. So, I have access to authentic resources of Ramana’s teachings in his own language that neither you nor James has access to. That way I know Ramana better than you do or James does.

James’s idea of a ‘perfect teacher’, rejecting anybody who is enlightened as not a ‘ perfect teacher’, but acknowledging a few of his own students as perfect and qualified teachers (and allowing them to answer to satsang questions in the website) raises a red flag. That seems to be a subtle game of ego to me.

From what I have observed, James is making a lot of fuss about trivial things and most of his arguments are linguistic, not spiritual. He seems to be a lot obsessed with words…He also criticizes Vivekananda for describing Vedanta as Gnana yoga… All this arises from his misunderstanding of the term ‘yoga’… Gnana yoga essentially means realizing the non-dual nature of the reality by using intellect, which is what vedanta and self-inquiry is all about.. And it is not Vivekananda who classified vedanta as gnana yoga but it has been called by this name for centuries… I see his linguistic arguments every where… In fact, all James is doing is teaching traditional vedanta with his own weird opinions of how words should be defined… I can go on and on about all this because as an Indian who was born and brought up in this culture I know what I am talking about…

Earthquake: If this is the case, then surprise surprise, James Swartz doesn't know what he is talking about again. It is the case, and it is a fact, that Vedanta sadhana, actual Vedanta sadhana, is Jnana Yoga.

James is an imbecile. He can’t even explain the different types of Samadhis when I tried to test his knowledge. James Swartz is a circus buffoon.

I see the clown James even responded to your posts here. Lol! That idiot will not get enlightened even at the time when Lord Shiva swallows the entire Universe with its infinite creatures into his Infinite throat. Just look at the ridiculous title of his nonsensical book “How to attain enlightenment”? Lol! As if the stupid selfish egos like James Swartz and his imbecilic blind dummies of followers can really ever get enlightened. Did not Bhagavan Sri Ramana teach us to erase our egos first by tracing it back to its Source, the Heart and then let enlightenment take care of itself? That mad fool James Swartz needs to be locked up in a loony bin where he really belongs.

James is just preaching mediocre and misunderstood theoretical traditional Hindu vedanta advaita.

James is a quack and is spitting out his mediocre and imbecilic theoretical book knowledge.

“James Swartz says some teachers and teaching methods are more effective than others, therefore he’s just an egomaniac trying to make himself look good.”

*Some of these quotes are from the same people and some of these quotes are not.

~ George Orwell

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2021 02:33AM by earthquake.

Current Page: 66 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.