Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: March 25, 2011 02:10PM

Christine, Kevin and the rest are all abuse victims. My heart goes out to each and every one of them but until they receive the appropriate treatment they will struggle to move forward with their life. Christine will find it especially difficult once Dave ''perishes''.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 25, 2011 05:47PM

Returning to the infamous defence of paedophiles article penned by Cherryjc, previously aka 'Lebanon' of the Children of God cult:

'Why exactly did Cherry McKay decide to become the head spokeswoman in defence of paedophile's?

In this article the blame is taken away from the paedophile, instead blaming it on an ''infectious disease''.

What I want to know is why would Cherry McKay go out of her way to minimise child abuse?

For those of you who are new to the thread we have recently found evidence which proves Cherry McKay is a former member of the notorious Children of God. The Children of God were a dangerous and destructive cult who encouraged child abuse.'

The JC articles contain the initial bait, they are the means to hook in new recruits who may be troubled about some of the 'big' questions in life. Davejc slyly presents himself and his group as having certain answers to those questions--whatever they might be.
That is why, following the graduation-- whatever that might turn out to be---- Davejc took control of the website which is the primary means of disseminating his message of certain salvation-- which is the bait.
With the means of disseminating the bait in his control, he can always start up again.

In this particular article, I think it was squarely aimed at promising a community haven for any nascent paedophiles reading it who might be troubled by their predilictions and by the general social hostility towards paedophile behaviour.
It could also appeal to any previously abused child struggling to come to grips with an adult sexuality--there is a lot of vulnerability and confusion potential in such a situation.

The 'softer, more loving approach' is the carrot, promising acceptance--the misinformation about abused children inevitably becoming paedophiles is the stick: "you are doomed but the wisdom and protection of Davejc can save you in the nick of time". It is the basic snake-oil offered by every quack--feed the fear then provide the miraculous solution that only the quack can offer.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that Davejc and Cherryjc themselves indulged in paedophilia, but they are both ruthless in exploiting any perceived weakness in potential recruits. Everybody who takes the bait is going to wind up penniless flogging comics on the street, basically begging and feeding themselves from garbage. If a few of them are paedophiles seeking a safe haven, they can be accomodated also.
Davejc and Cherryjc are equal opportunity exploiters. They do not discriminate.

Something that I find interesting is that Davejc fled to Australia at an early age from his own narrow religious upbringing and was attracted by the 'license within a cloak of religion' offered by 'Moses' David Berg of the notorious Children of God to the point that he still plagiarises much of Berg's doctrine and employs the self-same recruitment tactics.
Fleeing to the other side of the world is a pretty strong statement about what one is leaving behind. I don't think that Davejc was ever sincere about being even a remotely religious person, I think he was a deeply cynical opportunist looking to exploit everything and everybody from the very beginning.

Look what he and Cherryjc have done to their own children, they either knuckle under to eternal fealty to Davejc or they are dumped--it doesn't get much more cynical than that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 05:48PM by Stoic.

Date: March 25, 2011 05:48PM

Whatever happened to Kirstie?

She made some wonderful contributions to the thread in the past. I think she's got a lot to offer. It would be nice if she returned to the thread.

Kirstie, this is a personal invite. We have a lovely bunch here and i'm sure you'd be given a warm welcome.

Date: March 25, 2011 09:37PM

Davejc and Cherryjc are equal opportunity exploiters. They do not discriminate.

You have a talented knack for producing "memorable phrases" Stoic....a classic there!!

I don't think that Davejc was ever sincere about being even a remotely religious person, I think he was a deeply cynical opportunist looking to exploit everything and everybody from the very beginning.

Hear, hear...well put!! A cynically selfish and ruthless opportunist...hmmm! ....now that you mention it...Yes!

If we grant him 90 victims (further to his own family) over a "30" year period beginning from some point in 1981(Neville Williams!) to November 2010, the predator would then have managed to steal the lives (and souls where possible) to then impress into indentured servitude to himself, of one victim every four months....(Here, I dismiss the eight years (or more?) in the COG's when with the brief exception of John McFarlane, McKay failed to ensnare any individual in servitude to him)....since the RR thread has been underway, he has only managed to entrap Joe and Trevor....obviously Mckay, despite the enormous media coverage, he engineered for himself, was past his peak predatory period, at this point in time. The "good times" have be then well and truly passed. That would seem to be the extent of his success at exploitation. The current website, I would see as his "last fix" on the opium of drawing attention to himself

Posted by: AbundantLifeNow ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:05AM

I seriously doubt that Cherry McKay wrote the article in support of paedophiles. I think the organ grinder wrote it and had the monkey put her name on it so he could not be blamed for the disgusting contents of the article. Such a typical slippery move that seems just like McKay. After all, it might seem to some that it's more acceptable for a woman to be be forgiving and understanding and welcoming to those who have committed serious sins. Women can tend to be more nurturing. I am not stating this as fact but I remain thoroughly convinced that most if not all of the "robots" who posted on the ex jc site were all Dave himself trying pathetically to look like someone cares enough for him to support him. I wonder if he really has any clue how little and irrelevant he has become?

I believe many posts and articles that are attributed to Cherry McKay are authored by David McKay when in reality, I think Cherry McKay "left" Dave long ago and only her body remains. I see the very detached remains of a woman who gave up long ago. Empty.

Date: March 29, 2011 09:22AM

Dear ALN,

While the Nullarbor Walk was under way, David wrote a "letter to the editor" of one of the major dailies and used my name (as I was of topical interest in the news) to have himself published....I absolutely, concur with you that David would use whoever he could cajole or threaten (or in Cherry's case, most likely just ignore) to offer him a "cloak of respectability", to publicize himself on the sly(....after all, the "argument" we are all just saying the same things anyway, united in the spirit as we are ...and to deny David the opportunity to fight the good fight on behalf of the gospel would be simply "selfish")...

What you describe here is certainly, quite possible....

I think that he doesn't dare stop to consider how "little" he has become...and by filling any "empty space" with the sound of his own voice, he is able to instead routinely engage in denial.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 29, 2011 03:52PM

'I believe many posts and articles that are attributed to Cherry McKay are authored by David McKay when in reality, I think Cherry McKay "left" Dave long ago and only her body remains. I see the very detached remains of a woman who gave up long ago. Empty.'

An apt description, and very sad.

I think that anyone with a longterm, close exposure to such a tyrant will wind up in the same state unless they actively fight to retain their own individuality.
As it is a unique internal battle for each individual, it can only be done by that person--or not, as in Cherryjc's case.

I can't feel sorry for her. At an earlier stage of the process maybe I could summon up some sympathy, but Cherryjc is not Elizabeth Fritzl locked in a cellar for 20+ years, she made the choice to throw in the towel on thousands upon thousands of minor occasions over the years and it is those accumulated choices that finally locked her into total subservience.

Cherryjc didn't just give up, she threw in her lot with the tyrant--so no matter how passive she appears she made a decision to join the tyrant and became a predator too, if a very quiet one.
Deciding not to do something, ie fight for one's own unique personhood, is just as much of a decision as any other.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 03:55PM by Stoic.

Date: March 29, 2011 05:29PM

ALN,

We know for a fact that Dave does write on ''behalf'' of his consort. In fact, I believe he has openly admitted that they wrote ''In Defence Of Paedophile's'' together. Both take responsibility for that horrific article.

There was also a rather embarrassing episode a few months back on the JCs forum where McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') made a ''boob'' and was caught writing on ''behalf'' of Cherry (former member of the notorious ''Children of God''). I think we're all perfectly aware of the fact that Dave's opinion is Cherry's opinion anyway. She doesn't have a mind of her own. She has allowed Dave to control her for over four decades. She is a pathetic excuse for a woman.

Date: March 29, 2011 10:39PM

Oh, of course...then there's a far more recent "exposure" of McKay at work...as Apollo aptly points out (thank you Apollo)....the balding old booby makes that many "boobs" these days, that it's difficult for me to recall the most relevant bungle...

...she made the choice to throw in the towel on thousands upon thousands of minor occasions over the years and it is those accumulated choices that finally locked her into total subservience.

Cherryjc didn't just give up, she threw in her lot with the tyrant--so no matter how passive she appears she made a decision to join the tyrant and became a predator too, if a very quiet one.

Sublimely put...there, Stoic....although once McKay dies, I've no doubt Cherry will endeavour(...by claiming, don't you know, that David always "meant well", even if a few people just took him a little "badly", ...the individual members of the JesusChristians simply had to pay the "costs" of "serving Jesus", etc) to "reinvent" herself, in order that she can then enjoy the company of her own children and grandchildren, in her declining years....after having helped poison the life out of so many other families (e.g. Joe Johnson and his relatives), wherever David required her to....

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 30, 2011 08:15AM

bump

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.