Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 15, 2010 07:08AM

rrmoderator
Again, please stay on topic, which is "Jesus Christians" and Dave McKay.

Posts should focus on that.

Gotcha, Rick. Understood.

And now somebody's going to jump on me over what I wrote earlier about protecting the right of the mother but not the son, call me to task as a hypocrite over a conversation I had with another party's mother a while back. I can see that coming, and my response is this.

In my mind, the difference between the two situations is, that we had expressed verbal permission to be speaking with this person; in other words, she agreed to take not one, but two calls and agreed to speak with not one, but two people about her son. As well, this person was told what we were going to do with the interviews, i.e. write and publish an article describing them.

Alf's mother never gave anybody permission to do anything. This is the major difference, in my mind. Apples and oranges.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 15, 2010 07:15AM

yasmin
I understand that you do not care about current members Malcolm.
And if I am misinterpreting please let me know, but my understanding is that Zeuszor also feels the same way.
That is something I don't really understand.

Yasmin, please provide me with a link or show me a quote in which I have written that I do not care about current members of the JCs.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: April 15, 2010 09:02AM

Zeuszor, the impression I get is that if I do respond, it will be considered off topic. If it is ok with RR moderator, I would be happy to do so .
It does however seem important to clarify the misinformation quoted here; Kevin has never requested the thread be removed and should not be stated as having done so.
All the best, Yasmin

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 09:03AM by yasmin.

Date: April 15, 2010 07:37PM

The topic if this forum is DM and the JCs.

It therefore is my contention that it would be on topic for you to please show me where I wrote that I do not care about the current members of the JCs.

Yasmin, you seem to be developing the habit of misrepresenting my words and quoting me as having written things that I never wrote, and it gets on my nerves. So the next time that you tell me that I wrote something that I did not write, please provide a citation. Like this:

So perhaps hyperbole but no accusations of murder or pedophilia would have been more accurate? I apologise for misrepresenting what you said.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: April 15, 2010 08:38PM

And he wonders why I won't answer his pm's.....

Date: April 15, 2010 09:38PM

Zeuszor, you asked me to reply by pm, and I sent it to you.
Also, i note that you have not responded to the fact that you just misrepresented Kevin. (April 14,time 2:32) Your citation please??
Thanks, Yasmin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 09:45PM by yasmin.

Date: April 16, 2010 12:33AM

Yasmin, I have repeatedly written to Kevin that I'd be happy to provide him with evidence of what I allege, and have described to him the conditions under which I will produce it.

Either he comes over here and I'll present it to him, or else allow me access to XJCs and allow me to present it there. But not between forums. Is that too much to ask?

He writes that he will not bother to look at it under the terms I have described, as to him it's all rubbish anyway and he does not care to waste his time.

Actually, I have no idea at all who you are, yasmin.

What exactly is your interest in protecting Kevin so, and what is your interest in the JC matter?

More importantly, why should your opinions about any of this have much influence over my opinions and modes of conduct here, with respect to the JCs?

Date: April 16, 2010 01:26AM

Look, yasmin, I do not mean any disrespect, nor any offense to you personally.

All I am saying is that I have no idea who you are nor where you are coming from.

All you are to me right now, is somebody who shows up here every once in a while to stick up for Kevin, who consistently misrepresents my writngs, and who tries to put a negative spin on everything that I express.

In my mind, I am thinking: who is this person, and why should I pay much attention to them?

For the hundredth time: it is more my agenda (my mission, so to speak) to try as thorougly as I possibly can to undermine the JCs' success in recruiting anybody new, than it is to try and persuade those who are in, to come out.
Now, this is not the same as me exressing that I do not care about current members of the JCs.

In fact, I do care about them a great deal, and it is for this very reason that I try and prevent their numbers from growing.

And it looks like what I have done and am doing is working, as the JCs' membership has dropped by about fifty percent since September of '06, which is when I began working against them.

I have been with this from the beginning (and in fact I initiated it all) and I will be with it to the end, regardless of whether you like it or not.

When it comes to the XJC clique, I will say again that It's really hard to make sense of it all. That is one of the reasons I have always tried to maintian some kind of communications with the XJC clique. I felt if we all engaged in some truly "free discussion" ("free discussion" my foot) and off the record, then we would know where we were all at, and could try to ensure that nobody was stepping on anybody else's toes.

As we all know, that approach was rejected and the rest is history.

Apparently the XJC clique has no desire to work together in somewhat of a cooperative fashion with myself and my associates, and so we have consequently been forced to work independently of, and even somewhat competitively with one another.

This is unfortunate.

Date: April 16, 2010 12:21PM

Zeuszor,
X members had their private information collected and then released without their consent to strangers. Perhaps this has something to do with their current reluctance to communicate? Just a thought.

Who am I;This board supports my right to be anonymous.

Re my opinions; you pm ed me;what you do with the feedback you got is up to you.
It would seem you have several different options.
You could ignore it completely, see if makes sense to you, or even ask other people you trust what they think of it. Your choice.

I have connected with Kevin over the internet based on the shared experience of growing up in a high demand group. I've defended several people who seemed to need it, whether on or off this board, several times over the years. I don't like injustice.

If someone was demanding something that seemed unfair from you, I would defend you too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 12:35PM by yasmin.

Date: April 16, 2010 06:58PM

Kevin is a grown man and can speak (and type) for himself. He could post here any time he wants. I am pretty sure that while he appreciates it, he does not need you to defend him.

It's like I am sitting in a bar having a conversation with some acquaintances, and every once in a while some eavesdropping stranger butts in and starts giving me a hard time about what I have to say. Naturally, I would wonder, "Who the heck is this?"

Now, this forum is not a bar and it's not the same situation, granted. But that's a lot like how I feel every time yasmin pops up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 07:04PM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.