Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: May 08, 2010 04:55AM

Tony B posted this on xjc board earlier here [jcs.xjcs.org]

When I came back to Australia after several years away (in 1997), the community had reorganised, and instead of one community with one common purse and one place of residence, there was "World Services" where Dave resided in a rented apartment in Hornsby, and the rest of the community lived in vans and station wagons, distributing tracts and sending the quota of dollars we had assigned to us back to World Services. Marty was running an ancient LPG station wagon, and he got me as his distributing partner. Poor bastard. We just made enough money doney distributing tracts to pay for fuel, food, and our next round of printing. We drove up the east coast of NSW to Brisbane, over about two months, struggling with the distributing in country towns that had seen all our lit several times before. I remember that Marty was always a positive and cheery bloke during that trip, even though the financial load we were trying to support was pretty near impossible. I haven't heard of Marty for a very long time, but I think of him often. I understand that he has left the JCs, and I hope he is doing OK (and if you're reading this, mate, feel free to drop me a line). Tony B.

Thank you Tony for reminding us about 'World Services'in the JC's.
The ' World Services' concept originted with Berg in the Children of God. Here is an explanation of the term from [www.xfamily.org]
World Services (or WS) is a collection of secretive, undercover homes or "units" primarily handling finances, publications, and special projects (e.g. Creations) in The Family International. WS operates under very surreptitious conditons, even from the rest of the group. Such units are often heavily subsidized or fully supported by funds alloted them formerly by David Berg, and now Karen Zerby and Steven Kelly.
[/quote

They say that "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'. This is an interesting reminder of Dave's devotion to Berg and his ideas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 04:57AM by matilda.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 08, 2010 07:48PM

Hmm....and I also note in a recent edition to the "Teaching" articles on the JC site where, David, trying to cast himself as a "well-intentioned, yet unfairly maligned" figure, [www.jesus-teachings.com]

(ummm well NO, David,..not exactly..it's uh, more that you're just
a deluded and self centered, third rate sham of a man,.....)

comments that:

"Within our own Jesus Christian Community, we generally operate on consensus. We rarely have a formal vote and even more rarely have a secret ballot. Nevertheless, I believe such options should always be there in the background as a valid approach if anyone should think things are going in the wrong direction"
The "consensus" lie means that were Tony and Marty to complain about their circumstances, (or dare even remark that they no longer wanted to waste their lives selling the trash David spews out) that they could be readily identified and then repeatedly shamed in public, as "weak" or "deluded" in their faith, in repeated hours and hours of "grievance meetings" until they buckled in the face of ongoing humiliation and isolation and "confessed" their sins (....i.e. disregard for the holy writ of Daivds inspired directions)..

Formal, secret votes....as I've commented several times previously....should be MANDATORY practise in small closed communities such as the JC's where abuses rapidly multiply...as McKay bears faithful witness!

The OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of people (ex-members far out-numbering the current pitiful membership of crooked McKay's religious empire) have ALREADY expressed the thought that "things are going in the wrong direction).....accursed McKay then duplicitly "disenfranchises" them from registering a vote by deliberately demonizing them before a pliant audience (who know that they will share the same fate if they question what is taking place....)

"O villian, villian, smiling damned villian"
as Hamlet would have no doubt put it.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 07:51PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 08, 2010 10:54PM

The secret link (in the Top Forty page) that used to lead to their "requested studies" is gone now. But I found it anyway, and here it is:

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 10:55PM by zeuszor.

Date: May 10, 2010 07:36AM

There's a good reason that I choose to engage directly with DM via the JC forum only very rarely anymore. The last time that I did so was over a year and a half in the past, 20 months or so ago. I find it to be so draining, so maddening. It's difficult for me and affects me negatively. But it's OK. This one today I could not let get by, though. You are welcome, Craig.

Date: May 11, 2010 09:46AM

It's hilarious how DM bans me for two days and makes fun of my "mental problems," when all I am doing is copying and pasting others' posts from XJCs and passing them off to him as my own in the course of our online conversation. It's as if I am not even interacting with him at all, just acting as a kind of intermediary. He does not even look at XJCs anyway, or so he says. The fool. And notice how he did not answer a one of my questions.

I've lost all respect for the "leaders" who allow David his little dominion. They are as responsible as he. It is a badge of honor to be shunned, banned from the JC forum.

[jesus-teachings.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2010 09:50AM by zeuszor.

Date: May 11, 2010 08:08PM

It's an exercise in futility, trying to reason with DM or any of the rest of his clones.

It's absolutely pointless, as the level of confirmatory bias and in-group favoritism within the JC group is too strong.

All they ever do is twist whatever one puts to them, place the focus onto the person who is doing the questioning, and turn it into some kind of personal attack.

I'll admit that it was kind of amusing to me to watch DM squirm and then ban me from participating when I made another effort to reason with him.

The incident only highlighted that which everybody knew in the first place.

One would have a better chance of reasoning with, and thereby changing the behavior of, a rock.

This DM is one of the the LEAST Christlike men that I could possibly imagine.

So no more for me for awhile, guys. I'm tapped out with that.

Date: May 12, 2010 09:31AM

Dear Brian,

There was once an intelligent human in that shell of a man.....I think that David illustrates well, how psychotic dementia (a narcissistic obsession with the "God-given destiny" you believe that you hold) ultimately takes its toll on the competing rational thought that it needs to suppress within any one individual psyche.....

By (covertly) banning you, I imagine David then crowed with his own self importance, pretending to the world at large that he had "cowed" you into silence....

.....and imagining to himself that he had "won" another glorious victory over his enemies...

He is an nothing other than a very sick old man, now......angrily ranting to himself in his loneliness..

with a few sadly damaged personalities, limping along in doting homage, behind him!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2010 09:35AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: May 12, 2010 06:57PM

Just yesterday, Mal, I finished my first formal University-level course in social psychology. My Professor took his first formal social psych course from Professor Zimbardo himself at Stanford back in the fall of 1971, in the semester immediately following the prison experiment. My professor has regaled us with stories of how the campus was all abuzz that fall with rumors of the eccentric Professor Zimbardo's most unusual and prematurely aborted study. Also, my prof has studied under Aronson, as well as Bandura. So he knows his stuff very well, this man; he and his colleagues have published a couple of books and he's been tenured for thirty years. Yesterday I turned in a paper exploring the constructs of "ingroup favoritism and the illusion of outgroup homogeneity" (Tajfel). Oh, the irony. I was thinking of the JCs the whole time I wrote it. Maybe someday I'll write my dissertation on them, with or without the XJCs help...

Date: May 12, 2010 08:49PM

DM derives pleasure from manipulating people, period. If he figures he can take someone down the garden path by exploiting some ambiguity of language, then he will. But if that doesn't work, he has no problem with out and out deceit. It doesn't matter to him, the only point is to get a reaction. His behaviour is similar to that of serial murders, who, once in custody, pretend to wish to divulge information about unsolved crimes, but really don't want anything but attention. He loves to make folks dance. He isn't concerned with his own credibility, just with exerting control over other people, whether it's by enraging them, or deceiving them, or as he must do in his work exploiting people's misery, feigning empathy. The only goal for him is to get a response that he feels he controlled. It's all about control and nothing about dialogue with DM.

I only think of DM as a "human being" in only the strictest, biological sense of the term. But he is a man without a soul; in a sense, he lost his "humanity" a long time ago. Due to his toxic and destructive nature, and the harmful consequences of the decisions that he has made, he has forfeited his right to whatever sympathy that I may otherwise have felt for him.

I do not have to empathze with someone who is so evil at his core, as DM is. Posting at the JC forum (or even reading it) is always triggering for me. But it's OK, this latest venture afforded me an "opportunity for mastery."

Date: May 14, 2010 10:57AM

Dear Zeuszor,

Congratulations and well done! You have obviously put in a lot of work into your studies. If you would care to, after you have submitted everything, I would love to look through some of your papers...a fascinating area of study....

What do you think has led him to become further and further insane...I'd personally put it down to the obsession with his own "special destiny"....David's now of course painted himself into such a corner that he can't even see his own way clear, to escape his own idiocy...

I actually think McKay and cronies have simply no idea how transparent they have become to anyone who seriously looks into them (well...they do have SOME idea, as they clearly attempt to continue fraudulently presenting themselves as a "democratic" and "Christian" community...)...

What ever face they may try to put on it...other than themselves though,
I don't they are stooging many others, these days...

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 10:59AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.