Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 07, 2010 12:50AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Dear Zeuszor,

Is "Alf Montagu" our own little "Alf"?

I can't help but think that David is scraping the bottom of the barrel both literally and metaphorically here, in desperation. to keep himself "relevant"...

Alf. Yes, he's the one.

Malcolm Wesley WREST
David needs to pop along to the local Scientology center and have his "e-meter" recharged!!

Malcolm, I do believe such an insinuation to be an insult to $cientologists...

If DM went to visit a $cientology Center, he'd right away be routed to ethics.

It's likely that he'd be made to visit an ethics officer and would consequently be treated to a vacation at RPF.

There he could run to his heart's desire there, doing laps around a flagpole all day.

They further would subject him to a rundown, applying RTC tech, in the form of endless Empowerment Charts and various mental graphs in which the minute details of his daily life and routine are analyzed.

Whoops, that's a JC thing, the charts and graphs. I forgot for a moment. But DM must have gotten the idea for these someplace. Hmm, I wonder where?

In the COG/Family, these reports and charts are called Open Heart Reports, (OHRs) and are done in all family homes, particularly with children.

In the CO$, they are called Ethics Reports, the goal of which is to improve one's "ethics condition."

In the JCs, they use Empowerment Charts and mental graphs, the purpose of which are to correct the attitudes and therefore the behaviors of individual JCs.

The purpose of all of these instruments is the same: control through manipulation of one's sense of guilt, shame, and fear.

I'd love to see DM running laps around a flagpole at RPF someday, or doing pushups while Tommy Davis yells, "One, two, THREE! "One, two, THREE! "One, two, THREE!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 07, 2010 07:17AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
I can't help but think that David is scraping the bottom of the barrel both literally and metaphorically here, in desperation. to keep himself "relevant"...

...Which "freegan" has ever taken up membership with the JC's?....it's the "wrong" demographic for a cult leader to be "pitching for".....(as there would not be the "committment" David needs to manipulate successfully for his own ends...).....

First of all, I'm embarrassed about my mistype from earlier, when I wrote, "There he could run to his heart's desire there..." I was distracted while composing the post, and so overlooked the error.

The JCs have been promoting "Freeganism" for only a relatively short period of time, just a little more than a couple of years.

They have not (as far as I know) made any new recruits since the summer of 2006, much less any from the Freegan crowd.

The JCs have, in fact, lost a little less than half of their active members since that time.

DM and his wife abruptly sold most of their belongings and moved from their apartment in approximately July of '08.

At present, by their account, they live in a bus and are more or less in hiding.

The thought of it makes me crack up...picture the scene at RPF: DM down on the ground doing pushups, and Tommy Davis calling cadence like a Drill Sgt., yelling out "One, two, THREE! "One, two, THREE! "One, two, THREE!"

[i162.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2010 07:20AM by zeuszor.

Date: April 08, 2010 07:28PM

The "intermediary steps" that have helped those trapped in the JCs and other cultic organizations, somehow "find their way out" interest me.....The "Catholic Workers" obviously assisted Grace found her way out of the circular reasoning that David employs to enslave those in servitude to him ("only those who "live by faith" are actually bibilical Christians....only I, David Mckay, genuinely lives by faith,....those who dispute this, do so because they are endeavouring to fight the "Godly spirit" shining out of David ('s butt)....)

...I think Ash was greatly assisted by the Peace and Civil Liberties movements, that he came into contact with..

(..when you think of it Joe Johnson is REALLY a disciple of Timothy LeHaye NOT David McKay, as it was the former who produced the work that Joe claims so admonished him!!.....hardly any credit would lie in David's luke-warm copy of LeHayes work.....)

Freeganism may potentially may help Alf ultimately find his way out of the petty service to McKay in which he currently spends his days (even if David himself is only hoping that the "association" with the Freegans will do no more than give him some "street cred"!)

A nice, intelligent, committed (and sensuous) "Freegan woman".....would be just the thing for our little Alfie, I suspect!

(.....turn your back on that old goat half a world away Alf.....and learn to really live for what you believe!!...)

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 09, 2010 12:50AM

bump

Date: April 09, 2010 05:29AM

"I am God's apostle because I have the truth. I have the truth because I am God's apostle. La la la..."

Wow. This is the first time I recall ever having read anybody explicitly describe the JCs as a cult at the XJC support group; it's the first time I've ever seen that word used by one of the participants there (other than myself, until I got banned.) I was beginning to think that they banned that word, too, like the way the word "troll" used to be banned.

Dave's friend apostate wrote (and I quote him out of context, but will provide the link):

[jcs.xjcs.org]

I also consider Ashwyn’s inability to distinguish what is a healthy or unhealthy social dynamic to part of the fallout of him spending time in a cult that has a fluid set of rights and wrongs. A cult where... the leader can fantasize about shooting people, can encourage the whipping of wrongdoers, or encourage the use of deception to medical institutes, or present a confusing wishy washy statement about whether there is any force involved in the rape of children by child molesters and then amazingly speak in defence of such criminals.

Also apostate writes:

Those who dismiss the hurt generated by the dominant power as necessary "collateral damage" might moderate their views if they got to know those affected or who experience this loss themselves. Many Americans are beginning to realise there is nothing unpatriotic in opposing policies that diminish their ethical authority. So when Ash suggests that the hurt generated by JC actions is just a necessary cost of being different, I beg to differ.

"Many Americans" have realized this for decades, apostate. I think that you are stereotyping the American mentality here. It may be more accurate to express that WASHINGTON is beginning to realize there is nothing unpatriotic in opposing policies that diminish its ethical authority. This, about fifty years behind the times, but hey, I'm just glad that Bush is out of the White House.

Speaking of collateral damage, what is one to do when one tries to get to know another party that may potentially be hurt by their actions, but is refused in their request for positive communication and the seeking of common ground?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 05:30AM by zeuszor.

Date: April 09, 2010 06:10AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
(..when you think of it Joe Johnson is REALLY a disciple of Timothy LeHaye NOT David McKay, as it was the former who produced the work that Joe claims so admonished him!!.....hardly any credit would lie in David's luke-warm copy of LeHayes work.....)[/b]...)

Do not forget The Family's "Heaven's Library" (DFO) line of books, which are collectively called the "Blood and Freedom series" as well as of course the Left Behind novel. These Blood and Freedom titles include Blood and Freedom, Hellbreak,and Hearts of Steel.

Blood and Freedom and Hellbreak were both published by Heaven’s Library in 1999, followed by Hearts of Steel in 2000. McKay’s Survivors was released in 2002.

From the back cover of Blood and Freedom:

Beneath the organized exterior…chaos.

Behind the controlled front…rebellion.

Beyond the surface of everyday life…a spiritual weapon that threatens the destruction of the New World Order.

In this Apocalyptic world of the future, and in a time known as the Great Tribulation, seven young people are thrown together in a series of cataclysmic events that will change the world around them forever.

A link to a scan of the back cover of Survivors is here:

[i3.photobucket.com]

From the back cover of Hellbreak:

There are those who will never give in. There are those who will laugh in the face of death and Big Brother. There are those who so cherish their faith that they're willing to risk everything for its preservation.

The stakes are rising. The flames are licking higher and higher. As the heroes of "Blood and Freedom" continue their quest for freedom, the unseen powers will do anything to see them silenced—even pitting them against the horrors of Hell itself.

Like I said before, this is not the venue to get into an interlinear, line-by-line demonstration of the similarities between the Blood and Freedom books and the Survivors books (that would take a whole website in itself to do, in order to bring out more fully the salient points), but there are many similarities, too many to be coincidental. Survivors and its sequel are basically warmed-over and de-sexualized (for example, Chapter 12 of Hellbreak is entitled “Sex With a Purpose” and Chapter Three of Blood and Freedom is entitled “About Sex and Prophecy”) remakes of the Blood and Freedom and Left Behind books.

Blood and Freedom
is basically about a group of seven youth who are on the run from Big Brother (Antichrist) in the New World Order, post-apocalyptic world. It's the same old hackneyed stuff as what DM put out a couple years later. Blah blah blah.

McKay was careful to cite Left Behind as the source of his inspiration for Survivors, but was not so careful as to credit Blood and Freedom, after which Survivors is mirrored to a mighty degree as well.

The Survivors novels are simply pretty much of a cross between Blood and Freedom and Left Behind.

McKay must have thought to himself, “What’s the Family gonna do, sue me?”

After all, it’s not as if one can simply find the Blood and Freedom books as easily as one can find a copy of Survivors on Amazon.com or by going to the local bookstore or some such thing. These (Blood and Freedom series) were Family DFO books of which (as far as I know) one edition was printed and as such were had through underground channels, and were intended for reading by Family “Disciples and Friends Only.”

Though I am no longer in the possession of actual copies of these Heaven’s Library books, I know who has them and can absolutely verify what I am describing to you. The similarities, the parallels between these and McKay’s books are uncanny. It is obvious that the McKays appropriated a lot of material for Survivors and Listening from these books. Theme, plot, content, it’s all there, mostly exactly the same, and it’s so glaringly obvious.

McKay and his consort appear to have taken the "Heaven's Library" DFO fiction books called the Blood and Freedom series, but gave them more of a strong LaHaye/Jenkins Left Behind-ish overtone, David inserted himself and their cult into the plot as the main characters, and the Survivors books are the result; they are what the McKays have to show for their efforts toward the mimicking of other persons’ and groups’ work i.e Blood and Freedom and Left Behind.

Survivors is not in my opinion so much a response to the Left Behind series as it is a response to the much lesser-known and obscure Blood and Freedom series, that was published as DFO material from Heaven’s Library, the Family’s publishing wing. Survivors and its sequel more closely resemble Blood and Freedom in content, plot, theme, etc. than that of Left Behind in my opinion.

These particular two books of theirs (Survivors and Listening) are thoroughly unoriginal and again, utterly derivative works.

DM was obviously somehow or other getting his hands on DFO material well beyond ’91.

See also:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 06:12AM by zeuszor.

Date: April 09, 2010 04:46PM

Dear Zeuszor,

I thank you greatly for your EXHAUSTIVE research here....very impressive....It might be worthwhile sometime, posting one page or so from "Blood and Freedom", "Hellbreak" and "Hearts of Steel" and a contrasting page out of "Survivors" to demonstrate how much David has plagiarized them...

...after all these decades, he has STILL kept those links with the COG's then?....

.....STILL trawling their material for ideas??

Date: April 09, 2010 06:24PM

Mal, I myself do not actually own copies of those books, though I know somebody who does.

The group has not been called the COG in thirty-odd years. They are properly known in 2010 as The Family.

I do not know that to this day DM maintains ties to The Family, but in any case it'd be relatively easy for anybody to obtain copies of the Heaven's Library series, for a donation. After all, these are DFO materials, pretty much the same as GP. On other words, one would not even have to be a what the Family called a "part-time member" in order to get these books, one would merely have to send a donation to WS. I'm not going to send The Family any money to order my own copies, though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 06:45PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: April 09, 2010 08:40PM

Are they collectable?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 08:43PM by Blackhat.

Date: April 10, 2010 03:17AM

Blackhat
Are they collectable?

Collectible in what sense?

Most of the Family materials that I myself have seen and studied are part of a collection that is held by the NEIRR.

The NEIRR is also the place where I was given access to the Books of Remembrance, and as well bound copies of the original Mo Letters.

The NEIRR got these materials from various ex-members of the Family who donated them to NEIRR, after having left the group.

The documents that form the bulk of the first part of the Visual Archive I obtained through a small apologetics ministry in which is in Kansas City (this is also the place from which I got a copy of the notorious "Loving Jesus" series of teachings), and of course a lot of the Archive came from Australia, as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2010 03:20AM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.