Current Page: 45 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 15, 2006 07:35AM

Jhn 10:1 ΒΆ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Jhn 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

Jhn 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

Jhn 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Jhn 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

[b:b7f056cdc7]McKay's literalistic "forsake all" emphasis interpratation brings his recruits into bondage by turning the red letters in the Bible by into another type of The Law in which an impossible-to-live-up-to standard is placed on the behavior and heart of the believer, generating guilt and manipulating young, idealistic, impressionable hearts; the recruit is led to believe that God's love and grace is [i:b7f056cdc7]earned[/i:b7f056cdc7] and that one's Christian life is [i:b7f056cdc7]conditional[/i:b7f056cdc7] upon literal, strict obedience to Jesus' teachings. It is another Law, another type of an [i:b7f056cdc7]earned[/i:b7f056cdc7], works-based relationship with God, as opposed to the New Testament covenant of grace (OOOhh, I said the g-word, Dave) in which the shed blood and resurrection of Our Lord sets us free from the works of the Law. James 2:13:

"For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment."

They ignore the principle of balance as regards proper interpretation of the Scriptures; that is, comparing Scripture to Scripture and letting the Scripture interpret itself. Being a believer does not mean that my family is my enemy and I have to give all of my stuff away. That's silly.[/b:b7f056cdc7]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 15, 2006 08:59AM

Dave McKay is a false teacher. Please consider the pastoral epistles where Paul calls out the false teachers by name. Read about Hymaneus (sp?), Philetus (sp?), and Alexander. We can also look at 3 John where Paul calls out Diotrephes by name. Then, of course, there is the entire book of Galatians in which Paul speaks directly to the false doctrines infiltrating the church there.
Jude 3 commands us to earnestly contend for the faith once for all delivered to the saints. The context of the passage makes it clear that we are contending against false teachers. 2 Peter says very similar things.
1 Corinthians 11 says that some divisions are necessary so that those who are approved by God may become manifest from those who are not. 2 Cor. 11 also has very strong statements about false teachers.
Another great passage is Acts 20:28-31. Then there is my personal favorite passage on the topic, Ephesians 5.
The Scriptures simply do not support a "peace at any price" or "hands off" position. False doctrine like the one McKay teaches destroys people spiritually.
But remember, I am possesed by the demon of critical-thinking skills.

Date: November 15, 2006 09:08AM

[cust.idl.net.au]

An exerpt from a transcript of the Fox 11 report:

"Gina: Joseph's family declined an on-camera interview [Very true, and they said that it was because their lawyer had advised them against it, knowing as they do that they tried to kill Reinhard.. not that the odd murder attempt upsets Gina so much as an 18yo choosing not to play basketball when his parents have told him that it is what he must do with his life.] but they say that when Joseph was 16, the Jesus Christians began secretly meeting with him.

[Don't you mean that Joe met secretly with the Jesus Christians? The issue is really one of their relationship with their son, and how much interest they do or do not take in what he does.] "
[b:7a4f7b74df]
Dave is saying here, "Well, it's not my fault you didn't keep closer tabs on your son." Don't add further pain into people's lives with insensitive remarks like that one, Dave. Could our outrage be over the fact that your members were meeting [i:7a4f7b74df]with a minor?[/i:7a4f7b74df] Don't say it's not your problem if Joe's parents weren't more involved in their son's life. Were your members influencing him to deceive his parents as to where he [i:7a4f7b74df]really[/i:7a4f7b74df] was? You should not have let a sixteen-year-old kid hang out with your members to begin with. You people should not have influenced him to join when he turned eighteen. That's an ethical boundary they had no right to cross.[/b:7a4f7b74df]

Date: November 15, 2006 09:25AM

2Cr 3:3 [Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart .

[b:e674bf08b4]Here we are taught that the true espistles of Christ are written on the fleshly tablets of the heart and [i:e674bf08b4]not[/i:e674bf08b4] with ink on paper. The red letters must be balanced out with Paul's writings in the rest of the New Testament. Otherwise, you turn what's in the red letters into another Law, and bring people back under that very same yoke of bondage that The Lord freed them from.[/b:e674bf08b4]

Also:

"1Cr 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

1Cr 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

1Cr 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

1Cr 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building. "

[b:e674bf08b4]The JC's are not special, much less elite. God does not need their help.[/b:e674bf08b4]

Date: November 15, 2006 09:36AM

Romans 5:20, also Romans 6:14-15:

"Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. "
[b:0d13be532a]
The JC's are not the judge and jury for the rest of the Church. God forgives us and will recieve us as His children [i:0d13be532a]even though[/i:0d13be532a] (not [i:0d13be532a]even if[/i:0d13be532a]) we believers fall short of the red-letter standard. He forgave us at the cross, once and for all time. Being a Christian does not mean that I have to think of my family as my enemy, have to give all of my stuff away, and give away comic books on the street with the JCs.[/b:0d13be532a]

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: November 15, 2006 09:44AM

Do you preach publicly or just on this forum? Can you stop the aggressive rhetoric, please.

Date: November 15, 2006 09:48AM

muppet
Do you preach publicly or just on this forum? Can you stop the aggressive rhetoric, please.

No, I do not preach publicly, and pardon me if I get carried away by my zeal.

Date: November 15, 2006 09:56AM

Have you always been religious Zeuszor? You seems to know the bible by rote!

Date: November 15, 2006 09:58AM

muppet
Have you always been religious Zeuszor? You seems to know the bible by rote!

No, I have been a believer for about five years. I am 33 years old. Prior to my Damascus Road experience I was involved with the Hare Krsnas. As far as my handle on the Scriptures: it's not anything that anybody with a KJV and a Strong's can't do. I simply study a lot.

Date: November 15, 2006 10:20AM

Aggression is futile in my book. It does not accomplish anything.

How was it in the Hare Krishnas?

Current Page: 45 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.