Current Page: 46 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 15, 2006 11:28AM

muppet
Aggression is futile in my book. It does not accomplish anything.

How was it in the Hare Krishnas?

Let's discuss that offline so as not to take the board off topic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 15, 2006 11:35AM

muppet
Aggression is futile in my book. It does not accomplish anything.

Ephesians 5:11 is not a call to be passive in dealing with these matters.

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: November 15, 2006 03:32PM

We hardly understand OURSELVES just what the trial was aiming to achieve (although we've written a fair bit about it on the "cross" link on our home page), but we're starting to feel kind of good that this is apparently going to be the issue that galvanises and unites our enemies, whether they be raving fundamentalists, atheists, left-wing theologians, mental patients, prosperity gospellers, university lecturers, or so-called experts on cults. This wonderful cross-section of humanity is coming together in unity against a handful of people who dared to experiment with what it really means to take up our cross and follow the example of Christ.
Wonderful. Bring them on! And take note how they still mutter that we are just imagining that we are being persecuted!

Thanks for that post Apostate. A good expose of dishonesty and lies. That is the cornerstone for him.

Let's just see what persecution occurs. I think Dave quite clearly understands what the trial was about: a stunt to give him persecution, so he can be a hero.

Dave will be the one bitterly muttering when no persecution eventuates. The worst persecution he will get will be laughter at his antics.

Actually, that is probably his worst nightmare.

Date: November 16, 2006 02:06AM

Sorry if I got wound up and got preachy there. It's just that my heart aches so badly for these people. It's so sad. So that's it for me on this thread. I'll continue to read it, but no more postings from me unless it's of dire importance. Thanks for your time and your patience. Perhaps I have been too aggressive, but on the other hand, when it comes to a creep like McKay, I feel it's hard to be aggressive [i:703227ba0a]enough[/i:703227ba0a]. I'll work behind the scenes from now on. Sorry if some of you think I went overboard. Goodbye.

Posted by: Dave McKay ()
Date: November 16, 2006 09:22AM

Brian,

You mentioned in your personal messages to me that you have my home address and phone number (and you posted them to prove that you do), and that you wanted me to know that so that I would understand that you are not playing games. I just want you to know that I am keeping that private message in case the police ever need to see it.

And my thanks to the rest of you for reining him in.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: November 16, 2006 09:43AM

zeuszor
Sorry if I got wound up and got preachy there. It's just that my heart aches so badly for these people. It's so sad. So that's it for me on this thread. I'll continue to read it, but no more postings from me unless it's of dire importance. Thanks for your time and your patience. Perhaps I have been too aggressive, but on the other hand, when it comes to a creep like McKay, I feel it's hard to be aggressive [i:6334a88917]enough[/i:6334a88917]. I'll work behind the scenes from now on. Sorry if some of you think I went overboard. Goodbye.

Hey don't worry yourself over it too much Zueszor. It pays to recognise how Dave will use such comments, that is all. As ex-members we speak from experience.

Date: November 16, 2006 11:16AM

Thanks for your patience, cobber. Like I said, my spirit grieves for these people.

Date: November 16, 2006 01:15PM

Dave McKay
Brian,

You mentioned in your personal messages to me that you have my home address and phone number (and you posted them to prove that you do), and that you wanted me to know that so that I would understand that you are not playing games. I just want you to know that I am keeping that private message in case the police ever need to see it.

And my thanks to the rest of you for reining him in.

Dave, truth is your biggest enemy. Not me.

Date: November 16, 2006 01:30PM

OK Dave, I read your latest communique about me and you admit it: you are right. I concede defeat and am calling the whole thing off. I overreacted and went overboard. Your people have minds of their own and your family life is your business. I don't agree with your ethics, but you are protected by the First Amendment and it's really none of my business anyway. I don't want to be involved any more. You and your people are free to do as you wish and I'd be better off working on the beam in my own eye than worrying about a sad little man like you who has temper tantrums in front of the whole world. Please accept my apologies. I'll be praying for you.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: November 16, 2006 02:22PM

Praise God! The word over on the Rick Ross forum is that they have admitted defeat in their worldwide campaign to attack me and the Jesus Christians.
[b:4ffe76d80b]
Criticism or questions do not equate with being an attack on you. [/b:4ffe76d80b]

More than that, they have turned on Brian Birmingham, the guy with mental problems who had been leading them in the attack.

[b:4ffe76d80b]Nobody has turned on anybody. This is most likely a perspective you have as a result of your personal inability to accept criticism. Your equating of criticism with a personal attack causes you to see the criticism made of this individual as us attacking this person. The individual concerned did not consider it an attack, or that we had turned on him. [/b:4ffe76d80b]

The story is that Tony printed our statement/article "Persecution and the Cross" on the Rick Ross forum (as he also did on the Quaker forum and the Living Donors Online forum), the one in which we commented on the fact that the other hate-mongers on the Rick Ross forum, including Rick himself had stood by and offered nothing but encouragement to Brian when he was obviously going off his head with hatred; and when they saw the "Persecution and the Cross" article, they all started tripping over one another to tell Brian (Zeuszor) to shut up.

[b:4ffe76d80b]This is an incorrect rendering of the events. Fabrications like this will not help your cause as it easy to see the order of events by looking at the discussion thread.[/b:4ffe76d80b]

One of the most encouraging things about this whole campaign is that it started out with promises that Tony, Brian, Craig, Annette, and Berni were going to produce documented evidence of deep hatred for Cherry and me from our own children. All of that sprang from the fact that Tony and Craig know our kids well enough to know that they and we (Cherry and I) have some strong disagreements with one another. But we were confident that these disagreements were not so great that our children would make some kind of a public war out of them, like these people were trying to push them into doing.
Promises of documented evidence? What are you talking about? [/b:4ffe76d80b]

Brian sent me a private message saying that he had my home address and phone number (and then printed them to prove that he did... again, something probably picked up from Tony) and he said that he wanted me to know that he had them, so that I would understand that he is "not playing games". In the light of his call for me to be "taken out", it was a pretty serious threat.

It is a shame that you consider criticism or questions of your actions to be an attack. Such a perspective will taint any conversation you have with people who express disagreement. It also explains your need to be in control of conversations and why you resist answering questions.

It is also interesting that you choose to exaggerate the actions of one individual. Why do you do this? [/b:4ffe76d80b]

Anyway, they've all agreed to stop flaming on our website and on other websites. We take our hats off to the good sense of these people, even if it came a bit late.

[b:4ffe76d80b]It is good that you are more at peace now. Hopefully it will translate into an ability to discuss your actions in light of criticisms and questions raised on this forum.[/b:4ffe76d80b]

Current Page: 46 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.