Current Page: 49 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: bannermon ()
Date: November 17, 2006 05:19PM

matilda

He does believe he is anointed and above everyone. Kooky bit about web site being invisible to the agents or the system. In same book or Armag for beginners the JC's get to do nasty stuff in the end and then bury all the bods before they rule the world. Ha!

Anointed or not he istill seems to b one wave short of a shipwreck!

Yet another teaching of Jesus this wacko conveniently decides to not adhere to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jinnythesquinny ()
Date: November 17, 2006 09:13PM

Yes, I'm anaglypta-- I've already said as much in a previous post, a while back. EDIT: Actually I've just checked and I can't find that I did that. Though I have already stated I was previously banned, and as observed, I have a consistent style. I'm not sure if that's where a post has been deleted or if I didn't. I [i:d44fbec403]meant[/i:d44fbec403] to. Sorry. I didn't mean to hide the fact I was the same person.

Were you working with the JC's to start this thread off?

You'll note that this thread was started by "Liverpool Writer" and that I merely answered his/her question after someone else had said something about Chick tracts. It was when Roland was in prison in Kenya and I was googling to see what I could find being said about it, when I came across the Rick Ross forum. So when I saw that question I answered it. Nothing sinister at all.

I got IP/username banned as "anaglypta" (though I really don't know why, I'm saying much the same stuff now, as noted) and there's not much left of my posts. When I was able to visit the forums again I signed up again.

I'm really just a London pleb who is a friend of the JCs... I have a myspace (I'm jinnythesquinny there too) which will clearly show I'm a real person.

It should be obvious I'm not Dave or a pawn of Dave-- I'm sure it's obvious to anyone who isn't biased into assuming bad things. Once again, more incorrect supposition. It's getting tedious.

Jinny, unless you are choosing to deny what is being said here, what people are saying does contradict your experience. It is obvious we do not agree.

Sorry, very bad phrasing on my part (I was just back from the pub quiz and was tired). I meant it's not going to change what I know from my experience.

"Hearsay" is an interesting word. It does not apply to us as we did have direct experience of the things we say. We are not speaking from hearsay, but from experience.

[i:d44fbec403]Me[/i:d44fbec403] hearing about your experiences on a forum is hearsay. How do I know anything about the posters?

===

I'm not going to post after this one in this vein of discussion. It takes too much effort to reply to all the points made and when there's no guarantee they will even be seen I simply can't be bothered.

Like all people I feel obliged to stick up for myself and my friends when I hear untruths about me or them. That's all I wanted to do. I'm not going to get drawn into this on the long term.

The fact is, I really don't care. Christianity is rubbish. The JCs are the only group (as opposed to individuals) I've ever met who make Christianity interesting. But since I find the whole idea of being in any group abhorrent I couldn't care less what some other groups are saying about them.

I'd be more impressed if there wasn't a ton of false assumption and tired stories about the JCs here. I'd be more impressed if people weren't so happy to just believe anything negative about the JCs and dismiss anything positive.

If Jesus were dead, he'd be spinning in his grave at what passes for "mainstream" Christianity these days. How a man who advocated hitting the road and spreading the good news, taking no purse or spare clothes, who taught love and the importance of being true to the right thing ended up being the figurehead of a heretic, pharisaical, capitalist and narrow-minded bunch of schisms, denominations and outright lies I don't know. This especially when most of those groups think he was actuially God? It's mind boggling.

I don't believe Jesus is God. But I know that if I did I would want to follow everything he said down to the last detail. The only people I've ever met or heard of in modern times who appear to have that attitude are the JCs and groups like them. Their lifestyle doesn't suit everyone, clearly. It was obvious to me from the start of my interaction with them that even if I wanted to I would never fit in with such a disciplined and devoted order of things and that I enjoyed my vices too much to be a committed member.

Perhaps some of these ex-members should have considered more carefully what they were doing before they joined. The JCs are very clear what joining them entails. Crying "brainwashing" just seems like a convenient excuse for making a mistake.

The next time you buy your favoured brands at your favoured supermarket, or recite a Creed, watch TV, or go to work even when you really don't feel up to it: ask yourself who is brainwashed.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 17, 2006 10:19PM

It's not worth wasting time on someone like Jinny.

People like Jinny don't care if anyone is hurt by a cult, they only care about their own "experience" and what they get out of it.

McKay's group has received support and help from Jinny and they apparently don't care that she doesn't believe in the bible or Jesus.

Both sides are pragmatic using each other to get what they want and to fulfill their own needs.

Jinny wants "attention," "freinds" and a sense of importance. Dave McKay and his followers want a host for their forum and a contact/host in London.

People like Jinny enable cult leaders like McKay. And Jinny's emotional needs trump any concern she might potentially cosider regarding the damage done by the group.

She isn't "brainwashed," but rather just selfish, emotionally needy and narcissistic.

I have banned her again according to the rules.

Thanks for pointing out that she was posing under another identity.

This seems to demonstrate how desperate McKay and his supporters are.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 18, 2006 01:07AM

This is from Jinny's blurb on MySpace:

"I work in the caring profession but I actually quite hate people. I feel guilty for that though, so I'm not bad at my job: guilt is a great motivator. "

Selfish, emotionally needy and narcissistic is right.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: November 18, 2006 02:58AM

Quoting "jinnythesquinny"/Anaglypta]

Like all people I feel obliged to stick up for myself and my friends when I hear untruths about me or them. That's all I wanted to do.

I would think we are entitled to the same rights.

The fact is, I really don't care. Christianity is rubbish. The JCs are the only group (as opposed to individuals) I've ever met who make Christianity interesting. But since I find the whole idea of being in any group abhorrent I couldn't care less what some other groups are saying about them.

Yes, it appears quite obvious that you do not care.

I'd be more impressed if there wasn't a ton of false assumption and tired stories about the JCs here. I'd be more impressed if people weren't so happy to just believe anything negative about the JCs and dismiss anything positive.

Ex members are not trying to impress you Jinny.

If Jesus were dead, he'd be spinning in his grave at what passes for "mainstream" Christianity these days. How a man who advocated hitting the road and spreading the good news, taking no purse or spare clothes, who taught love and the importance of being true to the right thing ended up being the figurehead of a heretic, pharisaical, capitalist and narrow-minded bunch of schisms, denominations and outright lies I don't know. This especially when most of those groups think he was actuially God? It's mind boggling.

This is not a discussion about religion

I don't believe Jesus is God. But I know that if I did I would want to follow everything he said down to the last detail. The only people I've ever met or heard of in modern times who appear to have that attitude are the JCs and groups like them. Their lifestyle doesn't suit everyone, clearly. It was obvious to me from the start of my interaction with them that even if I wanted to I would never fit in with such a disciplined and devoted order of things and that I enjoyed my vices too much to be a committed member.

Jinny, you are, as Rick pointed out, enabling them already.

Posted by: bannermon ()
Date: November 18, 2006 05:26AM

rrmoderator
It's not worth wasting time on someone like Jinny.

People like Jinny don't care if anyone is hurt by a cult, they only care about their own "experience" and what they get out of it.

McKay's group has received support and help from Jinny and they apparently don't care that she doesn't believe in the bible or Jesus.

Both sides are pragmatic using each other to get what they want and to fulfill their own needs.

Jinny wants "attention," "freinds" and a sense of importance. Dave McKay and his followers want a host for their forum and a contact/host in London.

People like Jinny enable cult leaders like McKay. And Jinny's emotional needs trump any concern she might potentially cosider regarding the damage done by the group.

She isn't "brainwashed," but rather just selfish, emotionally needy and narcissistic.

I have banned her again according to the rules.

Thanks for pointing out that she was posing under another identity.

This seems to demonstrate how desperate McKay and his supporters are.

yes, very good ponts RR

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: November 18, 2006 08:42AM

From newdaynews.com

[www.newdaynews.com]

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: November 19, 2006 07:12AM

matilda
http://www.livingdonorsonline.org/dcforum/DCForumID7/3602.html#29
Extract from a post by
Dave McKay
This post is by an unregistered user. Please encourage users who care enough to post to register, too!
16-Nov-06, 04:00 AM (EST)

25. "RE: Dave McKay's 'kidney cult' flogged on Fox"
In response to message #24

LAST EDITED ON 16-Nov-06 AT 04:01 AM (EST)

'' Fair enough comment, Connie and Cathcull. I asked way up earlier on this thread for the whole thread to be deleted. It is full of slanderous claims against me'

No one is forced to read this thread, and, as I said previously, I didn't even bother reading all of that incredibly long posting. But if people want to sit here and read the muck that has been thrown at me, then I say that they better just shut up while I respond. ''

and another extract here

' I am absolutely opposed to this thread being closed, because I am in favour of it being deleted. There are some anonymous people who have appeared here with a single agenda, which is to destroy the Jesus Christians and to slander me, as the leader of the Jesus Christians. '

It is interesting that censorship increases under repressive regimes, for example, when dictators impose martial law and curbed civil liberties. Freedom of speech is important in a free and democratic society.

The thread on the donors site about the Fox film seems to have gone. Wonder why?

I also see the Jinnytesqinny is gone ( although , of course, her posts remain) and wonder why?

Perhaps there are good reasons for both.

Posted by: Dave McKay ()
Date: November 20, 2006 03:39AM

It is interesting that censorship increases under repressive regimes...

The thread on the donors site about the Fox film seems to have gone. Wonder why?

One theory could be that the donor site is a repressive regime.

Another is that the Jesus Christians have taken it over (or perhaps have been running it since the beginning).

A third is that even in democratic countries, slander is not allowed.

Do you have any other theories, Berni?

Posted by: Gladitzover ()
Date: November 20, 2006 05:10AM

Jinnythesquinny wouldn't understand how the JCs really operate. She isn't going to see the whole picture if she just hangs out with them occasionally. They are very good at putting the best foot forward in efforts to relate to "potentials". Jinnythesqinny may not think of herself as a "potential" but she better believe the JCs see her as one. They do not waste time hanging out with people just for the fun of it. The only motive is eventual recruitment.

Current Page: 49 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.