Current Page: 50 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: Dave McKay ()
Date: November 20, 2006 05:39AM

Berni is concerned about censorship and Annette is concerned about the possibility that the Jesus Christians may dump Jinny if she does come over to the JC way of thinking.

How does all this relate to the fact that Jinny has been banned from this forum?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: November 20, 2006 03:44PM

Dave McKay
Berni is concerned about censorship and Annette is concerned about the possibility that the Jesus Christians may dump Jinny if she does come over to the JC way of thinking.

How does all this relate to the fact that Jinny has been banned from this forum?

Dave, your question make no sense at all. Gladsitzover did not express any concern about Jinny being dumped by the JC's. I think your concerns about Jinny being dumped/banned from here is clouding your perspective resulting in you projecting it onto Gladsitzover..

It can be upseting when someone you like is banned for not following rules, but Jinny is still available at your forum for chats.

I note that you are still free to post here. I guess we are not as repressive as you like to think.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 20, 2006 10:11PM

The rules state that no one can post using more than one name/identity.

Jinny has admitted that she broke this rule.

When Jinny joined she agreed to follow the rules.

Date: November 21, 2006 04:08AM

What you don't say is why you banned her the first time.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 21, 2006 05:24AM

She was banned the first time for being an "Internet troll."

See [members.aol.com]

Basically she is little more than your sock puppet.

You can make the comments yourself.

Date: November 21, 2006 05:50AM

Dave McKay
What you don't say is why you banned her the first time.

I am sure Jinny will be impressed by you going to bat for her Dave.

I think you two have a lot in common.

I do not think I have ever seen you go to the defence of someone else so much before.

Jinny knew the rules. They are clear to all.

Date: November 21, 2006 06:45AM

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.

What a wonderful description of so many people that I have encountered.

Do you have a similar definition for a sock puppet?

Date: November 21, 2006 08:37AM

I thought it might be good to share some things about my life, post JC community.

Since leaving the influence of the Jesus Christian community I have rediscovered my humanity, and I am so glad about that. I had allowed myself to become quite hard-headed and self-righteous because I thought I had found the "truth" in the perverted teachings of Jesus as relayed by the groups annointed apostle. I can remember what it was like when the understanding starting filtering through that I was deceived for so long and acting under that deception. I know that I was guilty of allowing it to continue so long because it appealed to my pride. After all I was part of "God's elect" end time army. A child of faith on the narrow path, just like Noah. The fact that so many rejected what I was saying mattered little. It was, I thought, a narrow path after all.

The apostle of the group would constantly criticise and attack any vestiges of humanity or doubt I had about engaging in dubious practices, labelling them as evidence that I still had a "social conscience", as though considering others was somehow a sin. A Christian conscience, the apostle taught, enabled a person to shun family members and friends if they did not conform to group dictates. It allowed a person to break the law by submitting bogus job applications, because, after all, as the apostle taught us, "birds steal from the farmers crop", and Jesus told us to be like those scavenging birds.

As a result, I had allowed myself to discard things I knew to be wrong, such as submitting bogus job applications to get welfare money, or basically treating people in a disrespectful manner because they were outsiders.

To be sure there were many justifcations for doing such things, and I swallowed them all. I was very similar to those individuals who allowed atrocities to happen during WW2 in Nazi Germany. One lesson I have learned from my experience in the Jesus Christians is how important it is to stand in the face of opposition. I did not do this while in the JC's until near the end of my time there when it became more obvious that it was a pattern of behavior rather than separate individual occurances.

I was weak and accepting of false justifications for actions and attitudes I engaged in. People suffered as a result of my religious conviction that they must do as the community dictated. I am so thankful now that I am free of such things. I view my experience within the JC's as a type of vaccination against a virus. After such an experience I am hopefully better protected against it happening again.

Since leaving the JC's, I have found that I am enjoying family life once again and enjoying the simple things in life much more often. The world veiw I had of the world being an evil empire ruled by Satan has disolved to be replaced by a more human perspective that sees us all as human beings doing the best we can with what information we have.

I find it so much more beneficial to humanity to be part of the solution than part of the problem. I was part of the problem in the community with my extremist beliefs about all of humanity having to conform with the way I thought. Or that people were basically evil, in need of repentance. I now strongly oppose the us and them thinking the JC's tried so hard to reinforce in me with their separatist ideologies.

On perusing the JC forum I am doubly convinced of how grateful I am to be free of the perverted teachings the apostle relays to the group under the guise of "loving" our fellow man. It has become exceedingly obvious that the searing of their consciences has led them to experiment with things I would want no part of. Today they are practicing "ruling the world" as one of their members puts it. They are now whipping people for sins committed against them, all under the guise of love.

I can only hope that members can learn from what ex members say on this thread. But if they are anything like me, and how I was in the group, they too will be so sure of their righteousness. And like me, such self-righteousness will blind them for a time. Hopefully they will, like me, be able to pull themselves up before they get into serious trouble.

If any others have testimonies of how much their lives have improved since leaving the JC's and what they have learned I would be keen to hear of it. Please feel free to PM me if you are more comfortable with that, as opposed to posting it on the forum

Date: November 21, 2006 08:49AM

Hi Apostate. Thanks for sharing that. It is far more positive than many other things you have posted.

You say that in the community you believed that people were basically sinful and in need of repentance, and that this is a part of the problem in the world.

Do you believe in God now? Do you believe that Jesus died for our sins? Just curious.

Date: November 21, 2006 09:50AM

Dave McKay

Do you believe in God now? Do you believe that Jesus died for our sins?

Next you are going to ask me if I am "born again".

Current Page: 50 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.