Current Page: 65 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:33PM

I CORINTHIANS 3

1Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? 4For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere men?

5What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. 9For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.

10By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. 11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

16Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? 17If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

18Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a “fool” so that he may become wise. 19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”a; 20and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.”b 21So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours, 22whether Paul or Apollos or Cephasc or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, 23and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 25, 2011 12:09PM

Even when it was business as usual for the Jesus Christians, I felt a constant need to be judging myself, to be sure that I was not abusing my role as leader.

David Mckay

[www.jesuschristians.com]

NO David.....with the caveat that you tolerated those who obeyed you on demand, and behaved "pleasantly" enough to those who kept you with their own labour, otherwise you ABSOLUTELY abused your role as leader....and this attempt to feign your own sincerity to yourself and the world at large(whitewashing your past, for your own peace of mind) is simply another "nail in your (spiritual) coffin...repeating a lie here, being your effort to vainly rewrite history.

Any attempts made to discuss specifics of the abuses you engaged in, are purposely sidetracked by you, with vexatious accusations that have no other purpose other than to "derail" the said criticism of you and to prevent adverse information about you coming to light....

Your treachery towards Kevin and the community in Australia, would be an outstanding example among hundreds of similar acts of petty treachery on your part....

However as you (claim to)wish to judge yourself....please explain why you repeatedly disobeyed the doctrines in Acts 2:44-5 (all things being "held in common") by always ensuring that you directly (or those you knew to have been so "invested" in your leadership, that they couldn't imagine a world without you)...held the money and resources that the JesusChristians came into possession of....

(You might like, say, to clarify who generally held the registration for the camper vans, in whose names property leases were held, how many JesusChristian members had bank accounts in their own names, at the time of any individual departure why there were no recognition of their proprietary rights of ownership...how expenditure decisions were reached (anyone who "baulked" at spending their lives at distributing your writings with the temerity of other priorities in their lives, deemed "unfit" for your empire?)....rather than just engage in some long winded rant about matters, irrelevant to the issue, but which disingenuously seek to "prove" you only acted in "good faith", all along......)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 12:15PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: October 25, 2011 04:14PM

Treacherous Dave uses an interesting and telling choice of words when he says in that piece 'the Jesus Christians imploded'.
He also indicates that contact with the graduates is no longer under his control, it their choice, when he mentions somewhat wistfully about future possibilities of them ever getting in touch with him.

It seems that he and Cherry are touting themselves around other groups and communities of Christians--and again finding those groups wanting, naturally.
Who is ever going to measure up to the draconian demands of harsh self-judgement that the Apostle insists upon? Certainly no-one with any sense of self-preservation, which means no-one but a confused, frightened and unknowing young person on the cusp of adulthood who is desperate for an authority figure to tell them how to think.

And still he plugs away, in his dotage, with the ever-receding dream of a 'big movement' ---that will vindicate him and prove to the world, finally, that he really is the superior being that he has conned himself and Cherry that he is, all this time.
The laugh is on him, really, as no matter how hard he tries to believe it, reality will be showing him that he is no more a superior being than any other who ages and dies. He won't accept it---a lifetime of denial is not so easily shucked off--but there is no avoiding it, even for supposedly 'superior' beings.

Bye bye, Treacherous Dave. Enjoy your wilderness years, its just a crying shame that you didn't figure out how to read the terrain properly and led so many others, for a while, astray.

Date: October 26, 2011 09:56AM

(Hello Stoic!....Good to hear from you again! Pardon me for my own recent absences....Diving in the Philippines (Anilou if you know of it) among other things)

Yes...you are right, Stoic! There ARE several unusual remarks that appear to serve as "clues" regarding the fate of the JC's.....("Hopefully at least some of the graduates are reading this here.".....why might it only be "hopefully"?? None of them even communicate with him in the slightest now??? ...or "Now, with the Jesus Christians broken up into individuals,..."...why not broken up into "teams"....the Kenyan, US and UK operations surely are working groups still, ...or aren't they?)

....although I do keep in mind that this might be a simple ploy to deceive on Mckays' part or simply his own vanity in operation that whatever the former member may conspire to do together, without him they are always going to the lesser for it, I must say that I have had some other external "confirmation" on the idea I postulated in November, that he has done nothing other than dump them, and after finally waking up to the fact that McKay has done nothing other than use them for his own self aggrandizement down the years, the former JC's have estranged themselves from him and are in the process of dissolving.....

David fatuously comments; "No official explanation has ever been given for why they excommunicated me,..."

I would have personally thought, David, that it was largely due to your patent attempts to use a fabricated association with the Quakers for the ulterior purposes of your own empire building (say accessing schools in Kenya, for the JC "English Studies" program, under the Quaker badge of respectability)....much as you rode numerous other band-wagons ever so briefly for the "press" it brought you ("World Peace", "Refugee's", "Freeganism", "Organ-Donation", etc)....if that helps answer the "injured bewilderment" you feign.

Date: October 26, 2011 11:00AM

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 18:2, RSV

Date: October 26, 2011 11:14AM

Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Surely we do not need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you or from you, do we? 2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all; 3 and you show that you are a letter of Christ, prepared by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 4 Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are competent of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our competence is from God, 6 who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of letter but of spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 Now if the ministry of death, chiseled in letters on stone tablets, came in glory so that the people of Israel could not gaze at Moses' face because of the glory of his face, a glory now set aside, 8 how much more will the ministry of the Spirit come in glory? 9 For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, much more does the ministry of justification abound in glory! 10 Indeed, what once had glory has lost its glory because of the greater glory; 11 for if what was set aside came through glory, much more has the permanent come in glory! 12 Since, then, we have such a hope, we act with great boldness, 13 not like Moses, who put a veil over his face to keep the people of Israel from gazing at the end of the glory that was being set aside. 14 But their minds were hardened. Indeed, to this very day, when they hear the reading of the old covenant, that same veil is still there, since only in Christ is it set aside. 15 Indeed, to this very day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their minds; 16 but when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3, NRSV

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: October 27, 2011 10:46AM

Hello Malcolm, Stoic and zeuszor. I hope all is well!

Ahhhhh, so the old fraud has shown his ugly mug again. I haven't had a chance to follow his ''blog''.

Is it worth my time and effort?

I had almost forgot about the old goat.

Date: October 27, 2011 07:24PM

From where I sit, it looks like he's been pretty well "taken out." Not incarcerated, no, but more or less neutralized as a threat to the public safety (at least in my country). I reckon that my work here is done. Now I am going to sit back and wait for him to die. Sic Semper Tyrannis!

[www.youtube.com]

That's life, that's what all the people people say.
You're riding' high in April,
Shot down in May.
But I know I'm gonna change that tune,
When I'm back on top in June.

That's life, funny as it seems.
Some people get their kicks,
Steppin' on dreams;
But I don't let it get me down,
'Cause this ol' word keeps getting around.

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.

That's life, I can't deny it,
I thought of quitting,
But my heart just won't buy it.
If I didn't think it was worth a try,
I'd roll myself up in a big ball and die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2011 07:26PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:10PM

Malcolm Wrestly Wrest nails it:

You might like, say, to clarify who generally held the registration for the camper vans, in whose names property leases were held, how many JesusChristian members had bank accounts in their own names, at the time of any individual departure why there were no recognition of their proprietary rights of ownership

Documented ownership of the vehicles and the property and the bank accounts is the gold standard, here.

Financial records are like radioactive tracers. They trace power. Thems who own the registration, and property records have the power.

The paperwork tells the story of how decisions were and are made, and where the money goes.

One cannot bully paperwork into silence.

Date: October 27, 2011 09:26PM

Dave's apologists and relatives have, by all appearances, done their damndest to cover up for him, though.

Current Page: 65 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.