Current Page: 60 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 19, 2011 03:27AM

Glad to, Mal. She was encouraging me to eat something, and he commanded her to not encourage me to eat. To cut and paste something old:

[forum.culteducation.com]

The group was eating lunch together, and I declined to eat, as I had decided to fast that day. Fran was clearly the man in charge, as he sat at the front of the room and was asking me questions, etc. It seemed like he was the only one allowed to speak, he and Sue, who was also there at the time. nobody else asked me anything. I remember thinking that Annette seemed somehow uncomfortable, like she was embarrassed about something, but I didn't know how to interpret her body language. She just seemed...uncomfortable. At one point Ufuoma said to me, "Why don't you get some food? You don't know what you're missing." as she smiled, rubbed her stomach and relished another bite. Fran said to her sharply, "Don't say that!" and shot her this cold look. Ufuoma looked down at the floor. That disturbed me. Why should he care what she said to who, and then tell her not to speak, I thought?

During the "Bible study" (which was really just Fran reading the article he just wrote, which I recall was titled "No More Mr. Nice Guy.") I remember it seemed very structured and that nobody was talking except Fran. There was no discussion, only Fran giving what seemed to me to be a rather angry homily about rebellion against the established norms.

I just started noticing lots of little things that added up, the secrecy (I asked Fran if there was a leader for the group, or who runs it, and he told me that David was the longest-standing member and a highly respected member of the community, but the JCs have no real "leaders" and that everything is decided by popular vote) the way that Fran seemed really suspicious of me (this was around the time that the Ronson article was published), the way Fran seemed to control who could speak and who could not, and the fact that they were all obviously malnourished and stank, yeah, I thought the whole picture was super-spooky and abruptly left. Best decision I ever mae in my life.

Originally posted October 10, 2007. Wow, that feels like a whole other lifetime ago. I've been through a lot since then.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 03:28AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 20, 2011 08:42AM

I wonder if Ufoma was later blamed for "losing" you.....(disrupting the unity of the witness....we are all of "one mind" in Christ Jesus don't you know, Zeuszor......hence there is nothing Ufoma could say that Fran would not be able to say....only better, being the spiritual leading with McKay's blessing....Ufoma was inadvertently usurping his authority...a habit that I too remember only too well....personally falling prey too, all too often....as I was foolish enough to believe that the Christians SHOULD NOT be dominated by the personal idiosyncrasies of it's most "politically powerful" members...)

Has Ufoma escaped them?

Date: September 20, 2011 09:12AM

Ufuoma and her husband James (James, aka "Xenophone", was the first JC I ever met, and the person who introduced me to them) have been out of the group for six or so years, I think.

I heard that Ufuoma eventually got kicked out of the group while in London, and that James followed her out soon thereafter, but this is unconfirmed.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:49AM

McKay claims they were given $10,000 (pennies really when you consider the many hours of unpaid labour) to go away and do their own work, separate from the group.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 09:50AM by Apollo.

Date: September 20, 2011 09:59AM

Where does it say that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 10:00AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 20, 2011 10:25AM

Apollo
http://jesuschristians.net/ex.jesuschristians.org/kevs_gripes/kev1.html

Here's an interesting thread from the old JCs forum.

I haven't had a chance to fully read it yet but it includes Kevin, Xenophone and Apostate who all challenge McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') and his victims/followers.

I'm sure he said it towards the end of this thread. It was a thread (kevs_gripes) from the old JCs forum but the link no longer works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 10:26AM by Apollo.

Date: September 20, 2011 01:21PM

$10,000!?!....that would be a first! Given how McKay defrauded the community in Aust. out of $30,000 at the time of separation in '96.

Money is "power" and McKay loves power....hence he knows he needs to have his paws all over the filty lucre in the community's keeping!

Are you sure it wasn't 10,000 cents, Apollo? (i.e. A hundred dollars!)

I'm glad to hear that they are both out of McKay's psychotic hell.....What nationality are they? American?

That's probably where they've returned...if they are not English.

Date: September 20, 2011 03:15PM

No, it was definitely in the thousands. I'm sure he said $10,000 between the two of them.

It would be interesting to hear James' recollection. He posts as Xenophone, right?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 03:17PM by Apollo.

Date: September 20, 2011 07:59PM

I never heard that one before. Try and use the Wayback Machine to search it out here:

[web.archive.org]

Date: September 20, 2011 11:56PM

It's no longer available. Nick must have wiped it. It contained a lot of private family photos and various other things, alongside the ''kevs_gripes'' thread.

Current Page: 60 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.