Current Page: 62 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 22, 2011 08:03PM

Yes, it would be interesting to hear what James and Ruth have to say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 22, 2011 08:04PM

Personally, I have no plans to try and find them in order to ask. Hell, I don't even know their last names.

Date: September 22, 2011 09:31PM

It's actually not that important but if they want to respond then i'm sure they will. They probably still read the forums occasionally. James was still posting on the xjcs earlier this year.

Date: September 22, 2011 11:18PM

Apart from Mal, which ex-members would give evidence against the McKays?

This has always been the major problem; if all the parties involved here had of worked together, we could have got a better result. Some of the ex-members are probably afraid of being classed as accessories.

And for another thing, have you ever noticed that none of the kidney recipients have spoken publicly in defense of the the McKays? They are not going to admit to helping the JCs financially either, as they also may implicate themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2011 11:43PM by zeuszor.

Date: September 23, 2011 02:07AM

I think Apostate would give evidence against McKay.

Date: September 23, 2011 02:53AM

With respect, I doubt that.

apostate has consistently stated that Dave is his friend, and that he does not wish for his friend to be arrested.

And for another thing, if he hasn't already given such evidence, then why would he start doing so now?

HE was the one that asked ME to take the info to American law enforcement in the first place, as he was too scared of Dave and how he might react to do it himself. Why would he be any less of a coward today? He asked me to help him out, and then threw me under the bus (so to speak) when the going got tough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2011 03:02AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 23, 2011 03:43AM

apostate is both a close friend of, and brother-in-law to, Kevin McKay and (as we all know) with the XJCs it's really all about Kevin and his expectations.

Do you actually think that apostate would like to help us see his brother-in-law's father arrested and/or incarcerated? No way. These guys aren't going to say diddly-squat to one of the "Romans." Very anti-authoritarian.

Date: September 23, 2011 10:16AM

MWW
What did interest me to note here, though, was that McKay has obviously pandered to their pathetic vanity, by grandly bestowing "titles" such as "Pastor", "Teachers" and "Prophet" (....all several notches below that of "Apostle of God" of course), .....What is the name for the psychological chicanery here, Zeuszor?

That I do not know, Mal. Hmm, I'll look into it.

With respect to the McKays: the major problem is that they can put assets in others' names, but have exclusive use of those assets. This makes it very difficult to touch them, legally speaking.

Also: they are both eligible for aged pensions now, so they don't have to pretend to have disabilities or care for those that do (after all, this supposedly makes them ineligible for actual work).

The Australian welfare system is apparently extremely generous and easily exploited, unfortunately. They're just a couple of welfare cheats.

Date: September 24, 2011 04:54AM

MWW
What did interest me to note here, though, was that McKay has obviously pandered to their pathetic vanity, by grandly bestowing "titles" such as "Pastor", "Teachers" and "Prophet" (....all several notches below that of "Apostle of God" of course), .....What is the name for the psychological chicanery here, Zeuszor?

Well, I guess that it could be looked at as a form of idealization. This would be the one half of the "splitting" cognitive distortion/defense mechanism, the other being devaluation. What do you think, Mal? Make sense?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2011 04:56AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 24, 2011 10:58AM

That was certainly an interesting read about the "splitting"...thank you Zeuszor! I would like to discuss that at more length, in a future posting....

If you'll permit me to make note of a tangential observation in the meantime though, I see that "Dappled Light" has been the sole contribution to the McKay "soap box", almost 11 months following (what I take to be)McKay dumping them all, in early November last year, however "nicely" he may have tried to sell that to them, at the time.....keeping in mind your own astute observations of the JesusChristians who continued to look in on the JC site without saying a word for some months(and of course McKay quickly removing the function that enabled you to do that, thus telling us that this is an issue of some sensitivity to him)......I surmise that, while they won't be able to admit to themselves yet that McKay has simply duped them...

....the erstwhile, JesusChristians largely no longer trust him!

An important step in their recovery!

Current Page: 62 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.