Current Page: 64 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 04, 2011 01:33AM

And frankly, I very much doubt that the McKays were EVER walking "path of righteousness." I say that the group that eventually came to be known as the JCs, was in a sense doomed from the beginning simply by virtue of David McKay and his personality. It was, in my opinion, never for one minute anything more than the personality-driven, abusive cult of David McKay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: October 04, 2011 04:08AM

It has always been about control, money and power. Having your own cult is a convenient way to make money without really having to work for it. While McKay's at home with his feet up his flock are halfway around the world still bringing home the pennies. And it all makes it's way back to McKay eventually, tax free.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2011 04:10AM by Apollo.

Date: October 04, 2011 04:14AM

All that stuff about how in the good old days with the McKay family it was just like Brother Sun, Sister Moon is in my opinion silly, (not that I was there). It was, by all accounts, always centered around Dave, pure and simple. All he ever did was elbow his way into the forefront (sometimes literally) and try and take credit for other people's work.

Date: October 07, 2011 11:11AM

I feel as though there were some genuine "good times" mixed up in the (occasionally) "good old days".....those episodes obviously gradually petered out.

This is an interesting remark...an observation McKay claims that he made about himself in 1967...

I could not answer that one except to say that I would have to accept what others were saying, i.e. that I was deluded, and needed to be locked up.

[jesuschristians.com]

As it positively CONFIRMS your own allegations, Zeuszor, about the existence of wider concerns in relations to McKay's mental health, from a very young age.....(i.e. There already WERE a number of individuals commenting that McKay was "deluded" and "needed to be locked up" way back in 1967)....charges that McKay has otherwise always deceitfully denied....here, the old fool, inadvertently verifying your earlier comments...

What was it that also made you suspect him of having a "psychological assessment" cum "treatment" at about this time of his life, Zeuszor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 11:13AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: October 08, 2011 04:14AM

The entire "Stanford Address" was a very inspiring passage of thought, I however take particular note of Mr Job's comments, that:

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma -- which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And, most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

[www.theaustralian.com.au]

...as the reasons why, in a nutshell, the remaining JesusChristians need to well and truly dump McKay, for their own psychological and spiritual health.

Date: October 08, 2011 07:20AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
I feel as though there were some genuine "good times" mixed up in the (occasionally) "good old days".....those episodes obviously gradually petered out.

This is an interesting remark...an observation McKay claims that he made about himself in 1967...

I could not answer that one except to say that I would have to accept what others were saying, i.e. that I was deluded, and needed to be locked up.

[jesuschristians.com]

As it positively CONFIRMS your own allegations, Zeuszor, about the existence of wider concerns in relations to McKay's mental health, from a very young age.....(i.e. There already WERE a number of individuals commenting that McKay was "deluded" and "needed to be locked up" way back in 1967)....charges that McKay has otherwise always deceitfully denied....here, the old fool, inadvertently verifying your earlier comments...

What was it that also made you suspect him of having a "psychological assessment" cum "treatment" at about this time of his life, Zeuszor?

Mal, I have decided to go into another season of non-participation in this thread and will answer your question at a later time. I hope that you can respect my decision.

Date: October 16, 2011 08:40PM

A SUNDAY MEDITATION:

It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice... (Philippians 1:15-18 NIV)

Date: October 18, 2011 06:36PM

An interesting observation on the (genuine) Apostle Pauls part....an "any press is "good" press" take on wider circumstances.....

Speaking of "bad press" however....by utter chance, while browsing through a book store the other day, I chanced upon Jon Ronson's "Out of the Ordinary"....the very volume with the little episode concerning the JesusChristians, faithfully recorded (Part II, Chapter 8 p.241).... a lot to comment on here, however to just take one of Mr Jonsons opening comment in the preface;

"Another exception, in terms of likeability, is Dave McKay, the leader of the JesusChristians. On a personal level, I like Dave less than anyone I've ever interviewed"

Really this is a sad, sad conclusion for Mr Jonson to have had to have drawn...I can still remember a warm, humane David McKay, mixed up with his meglomania, yes....but at least briefly there, at one point in time. David McKay has sacrificed his very own soul (his personal integrity and wider sanity) just in order to be able to pretend to himself that he is living out the "dream".....

That anyone could possibly pretend to misinterpret this(the personal impression unfailing left on others) as the "Godly persecution" suffered by those preaching "Christ, Jesus".....is tragic testament to the progressive enfeeblement of McKay's mind...as his soul "blackened"....

...no doubt McKay consoling himself, with the passage in Phillipians that you quote Zeusor, when the book went to press.... completely failing to take the slighest look at what he had been slowly becoming down the years.....an embittered and twisted, little "rumplestiltskin" of a man, completely impervious to any feelings of remorse over the injury he inflicted upon others, that he deceitfully assured himself was all in a "good cause"......

Date: October 18, 2011 09:59PM

MARK 9:35-45

35He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, ‘Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all.’ 36Then he took a little child and put it among them; and taking it in his arms, he said to them, 37‘Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me.’

38 John said to him, ‘Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.’ 39But Jesus said, ‘Do not stop him; for no one who does a deed of power in my name will be able soon afterwards to speak evil of me. 40Whoever is not against us is for us. 41For truly I tell you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you bear the name of Christ will by no means lose the reward.

42 ‘If any of you put a stumbling-block before one of these little ones who believe in me, it would be better for you if a great millstone were hung around your neck and you were thrown into the sea. 43If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life maimed than to have two hands and to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. 45And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame than to have two feet and to be thrown into hell.

MATTHEW 13:47-52

47“Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

51“Have you understood all these things?” Jesus asked.

“Yes,” they replied.

He said to them, "Therefore every teacher of the law who has been instructed about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2011 10:04PM by zeuszor.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:53PM

ACTS 13:4-12

4The two of them, sent on their way by the Holy Spirit, went down to Seleucia and sailed from there to Cyprus. 5When they arrived at Salamis, they proclaimed the word of God in the Jewish synagogues. John was with them as their helper.

6They traveled through the whole island until they came to Paphos. There they met a Jewish sorcerer and false prophet named Bar-Jesus, 7who was an attendant of the proconsul, Sergius Paulus. The proconsul, an intelligent man, sent for Barnabas and Saul because he wanted to hear the word of God. 8But Elymas the sorcerer (for that is what his name means) opposed them and tried to turn the proconsul from the faith. 9Then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at Elymas and said, 10“You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? 11Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time you will be unable to see the light of the sun.”

Immediately mist and darkness came over him, and he groped about, seeking someone to lead him by the hand. 12When the proconsul saw what had happened, he believed, for he was amazed at the teaching about the Lord.

Current Page: 64 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.