Current Page: 61 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 21, 2011 01:02AM

Then maybe he still has it. I am sorry that we did not catch and preserve that bit. James is an American, and Ufuoma is English, but is of African ancestry. Ufuoma had a British accent when we met. They both now live in London, last I heard.

I do not believe that. McKay would never do that, give up that kind of money as some kind of restitution.

Unless, maybe, there was some kind of bribe involved, and they accepted it as "hush money"? They probably have knowledge of X, for example. I would not put it past the McKays to offer bribes of money and other "perks" to buy ex-members' silence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 21, 2011 01:20AM

I think he said James and Ofuoma had decided to become their own autonomous team and were therefore given $10,000. They hadn't actually left the community when McKay gave them the money. But if I remember correctly they left the community shortly after.

I'm pretty sure McKay was speaking to Ofuoma on the ''kevs_gripes'' thread when he stated that. He seemed quite bitter about losing that money, if I remember correctly.

Date: September 21, 2011 01:51AM

Maybe so. Like I told you, what I was told amounts to unsubstantiated gossip. But I really don't know.

The last time I got an email from James, the contents were such that I could have sworn he was still a member. Really bitter, pissed-off, and condescending in tone. He basically told me that he did not want to communicate with me and to f**k off.

I re-connected with James through apostate; he was the one who gave James my email address. I got a couple of nasty emails and that was it. This was about four years ago, the summer of 2007. But I have not seen or communicated with Ufuoma since briefly meeting her in Dallas.

James is also the one who was trying to recruit me in the first place, who told me on the street years ago that my very salvation depended on joining the JCs.

Anyway, McKay is a pathological liar. I'd never take it for granted that anything you read coming from him is the truth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 01:52AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 21, 2011 07:59AM

;-) I found it, the old thread. Let's start looking for that detail:

[web.archive.org]

Can you find the quote, Apollo? I cannot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 08:01AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 21, 2011 08:03AM

See also: [web.archive.org]

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 21, 2011 12:38PM

Found it. Second last post on page four. It seems her name is Ruth and not Ufuoma.

Dave
You then have a swipe at me for "turning people into spineless puppets". Besides being a huge insult to the members of the JCs, it is a bit of an insult to yourself as well. I have been quietly perplexed by you and James carrying on as though you can relate to something that Kevin experienced, knowing that you left the group AFTER you were given $10,000 and sent off on your own to work out just what it was that you believed. While experiencing that incredible freedom, you both started coming up with a lot of strange teachings which James made some effort to convince the rest of us. We did not accept his or your conclusions (e.g. that the Orthodox Church is God's True Church here on earth now), and you quietly went your own way.

Date: September 21, 2011 07:02PM

Thank you. The woman I met called herself Ufuoma.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 07:03PM by zeuszor.

Date: September 22, 2011 03:06PM

Hmmm....thank you Apostate! Quite an impressive memory you have there... Well we DO certainly know what David claimed then....I'd be interested in hearing Jame's and Ufuoma's side of things (alternatively, the account of any of the existing members in the JC's at the time of this "donation"....I've no doubt McKay would have bragged off his "generosity").

Were we to take this as a "baseline" payment then.....that would mean to my mind that McKay owes the other approximately 100 former members, a total of $500,000 (100 x $5,000) and that this "payment" to James and Ufuoma could be the basis for any claim to damages in any class of legal action. (McKay having now "admitted" by his behaviour that he owes former member of his empire, fair recompense).

Date: September 22, 2011 03:21PM

I am very heartened to see by the abysmmally low "calibre" of thought that ongoing David Worship (referencing McKay directly and faithfully regurgitating his idea's, as an "exercise" in exegesis) necessarily engenders in any individual, that the graduates will no doubt completely fail to win a convert (forsaking all to them and working voluntarily to "spread the word") for the duration of their miserable lives, that they continue to spend kowtowing to the old goat.

[jesuschristians.com]

What did interest me to note here, though, was that McKay has obviously pandered to their pathetic vanity, by grandly bestowing "titles" such as "Pastor", "Teachers" and "Prophet" (....all several notches below that of "Apostle of God" of course), .....What is the name for the psychological chicanery here, Zeuszor?

I persuade you to invest in something that's worthless (here say winning kudos from McKay) and hence "title" the bullshit, with some pomposity, that you are then distracted in your vanity, from reflecting on the fact that you've been defrauded (of years of your life selling McKay's vile bile, as one of his newsboys).

Date: September 22, 2011 07:52PM

You might be surprised about what one can find online, that was thought permanently removed. In a sense, things are never really permanently removed from the web. Pages get archived all the time. It's just a matter of knowing where, and how, to look for them.

Current Page: 61 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.