Current Page: 68 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 24, 2011 11:02PM

Ashwyn Falkingham has been back in the spotlight. This time for a brush with the police.

[www.dailytelegraph.com.au]

Ashwyn Falkingham, 27, said he and about 30 other people had been living in the abandoned church because the cost of Sydney housing was "unaffordable".

"I am a student, and I get $377 a fortnight in Austudy ... I cannot afford to rent somewhere," he said.

"What we are trying to highlight is the unaffordability of housing in Sydney, and the inaccessibility for students in particular, and for people out of work," Mr Falkingham said.

Mr Falkingham, like most people associated to the Jesus Christians, expects everything to come to him for free. He feels the world owes him a living. He wants a roof over his head but he's not willing to work for it. Maybe if Mr Falkingham got out there and got a job he could earn considerably more than $377 but as we all know his kind are not interested in working. No, they would rather sponge off the government.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lord Haw Haw ()
Date: November 25, 2011 06:14AM

Why suggest sending someone to a site where nobody is discussing?

I still feel I have this Jesus Christians mixed up with The Children of God.

The article that you posted was dribble. If 10 people were living in a deserted church,surely they can pool their money to find a place.

It sounds to me he is happy with his government hand out,and would rather complain and blame New South Wales realators, than admit he needs a job. That is an issue with some young people they expect to be the CEO from day 1,and find cleaning toilets or working at McDonalds beneath them.

Still confusing a group that does not work for money, and condems people in the workforce. is not embarrased to take government hand out.
i guess government benefits for God, makes a new slogan after Hookers for Christ!

Be warned Mr David McKay, Satan is not just in the workforce money,but in unemployment benefits also.

Date: November 25, 2011 01:27PM

Yes it is confusing....the confusion stems from McKay's pilfering....(the Children of God teachings, and administrative practices, were originally the theology" he quietly appropriated for his own cult)

"...spoiling Eygpt" is the COG doctrine that justifies "mining" the secular system, for whatever you may take it for....

Completely the opposite to say the approach of Gandhi (a historical figure that McKay attempts to hijack, along with Tolsoy and several others)...(See "My experiments with Truth" or "Village Swaraj")....but the contradiction can be glided over by McKay when he deals with the sadly gullible, who have committed to his version of the Universe...

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 25, 2011 08:13PM

Lord Haw Haw
I still feel I have this Jesus Christians mixed up with The Children of God.

The Jesus Christians are an offshoot of the Children of God. After several years in the Children of God Dave McKay became power hungry and decided to breakaway and build up his own cult. That cult would later become the Jesus Christians. Both groups share very similar belief systems and methods. Both groups have been known to distribute Bible-based comic books. Group leaders McKay and Berg both appear to share a very similar approach towards paedophilia. Members live communally and are almost totally cut off from society. Very few have any contact whatsoever with family and friends. Many children and adults have been brutally exploited by both groups.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 25, 2011 10:15PM

Lord Haw Haw
Why suggest sending someone to a site where nobody is discussing?

In order to start a discussion, naturally. Goodbye.

Date: November 25, 2011 11:21PM

Unfortantly I dont have the time to be posting on the forum you suggested.

As you have appeared to be a prolific poster,with more time on their hands, wouldn't it be wiser for you to post over on the other forum.I only posted here as I thought the Jesus Christians were just another name for the Children of God.

Apollo, what other simillarities do the Jesus Christians and the Children of God?

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 25, 2011 11:37PM

Lord Haw Haw:

In point of fact, the group known as "The Children of God" has not existed since 1978.

At present the cult is known as the Family International and are much different than they used to be (organizationally and operationally speaking, at least), having undergone a "Reboot" in 2010.

The history of the McKay family's connection to, and history with, the COG/Family is well-documented within these threads. Look things over and draw your own conclusions.

Date: November 26, 2011 09:58AM

You are of course, quite right, Zeuszor about the the administrative fortunes of the Children of God....(now known by another name, as you point out) I reference the COG's as a source for McKay as that was what the origin of the bulk of the literature McKay held, was, over the course of my own involvement and naturally enough, during the years in Broken Hill, as an "outpost" of Bergs (soon to be "McKay's") empire....it was pure COG!

...I had the sense when I arrived (December 1981....some three years after the COG's officially "disappeared")....that the links were becoming more and more tenuous...particularly once McKay sensed he could win converts (like myself) in his own right, I think the confidence grew in him that he could dispense with any open links to the COG/Family (He full well realized that the association was "bad press" for him.....)

We need to create our own resource for the general public sometime, Zeuszor....I am extremely grateful to Mr Ross for these pages in cyber space however I personally find searching back through the 1,000 or so pages in half a dozen threads (obviously one main thread) for information on any particular matter, quite problematic....

Theological similarities abound to my mind, Lord Haw Haw,

...Eschatology (End time beliefs)....I was once SO impressed with McKay's biblical knowledge....until after I had left the JC's and it became obvious that the "knowledge" he claimed for himself was simply regurgitated Berg...David somehow, "forgetting" to acknowledge his sources...funny about that!

...(what they consider to be) Living by faith

...the nature of the commitment required to the "Kingdom of Heaven" (e.g turning over all you had to McKay!);

and the primacy of seeking new membership

...attitudes towards the establishment Churches

...the concept of the "System" inhabited by faithless, worldly "systemites"

Flirty Fishing, as I've remarked earlier, appears to have been abandoned in Broken Hill, not because of any "moral integrity" on McKay's part (statements he has asserted to my face!) but due to the fact that his wife Cherry refused to have herself and the children prostituted, and without them McKay could not justify the creation of his own "colony" (Not a SINGLE other member of the COG's who knew McKay personally chose to become part of his, little "show"....a VERY telling statistic to my mind!!)....thus McKay was forced to abandon the practice that he had knowingly tolerated (if not personally practiced?) during his association with the COG's in Queanbeyan/Canberra....as his meglomania for his very own empire, anyway he could get it, always had priority....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2011 10:10AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: November 26, 2011 10:49AM

...in order to create a psychological "point of entry" for his deceit, McKay deliberately fabricates a "background" (purposely failing to mention relevant facts, in order to create a false impression)....and hence we see in this recent exchange,

"Hi John. That's interesting, what you say about the liturgical thing. Although I was raised in an evangelical church...."

[www.jesuschristians.com]

that McKay's allusions to his childhood raised in the Nazarene Church in Rochester New York State, glides over his later (and probably "deeper") involvement with the Sacramento Revival Center, the brief employment with the Bible Society, the years of association with the COG's and finally the travesty of his very own religious empire, is quite understandable....as he, of course, wants to "string" John along as far as he possibly can...beginning with the illusion of some mutual empathy...

I wonder if David will get around to mentioning the night he and Kevin spent graffitti-ing those churches in Woollongong(after it became clear that he had "lost" John McFarlane as disciple)...an occasion that would unfortunately seem to jar with the "mild-mannered spiritual enquirer" image he is endeavouring to duplicitously hide himself behind, here....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2011 10:50AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: November 26, 2011 11:45AM

Thank you Apollo and Malcolm Wrest for your detailed posts.
It would be The Children of God not the Jesus Chritians who i would have crossed paths with.

Unlike Zeusor, i like to refer to them as their former name as apposed to their latest name The Family International. The reboot was pure PR, if you know what that means.

Malcolm, that link you posted was rather disturbing. Mr Dave McKay sitting there while some poster who sounded like they were on drugs deeming that his music may help the tiny amount of true believers.

I get very annoyed with religious types who dictate that of the billions of people in the world only a handful will make it.

I do hope John does not think his disturbing music is the key to Heaven!!!

Current Page: 68 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.