Current Page: 55 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 09, 2011 12:59AM

Once again you are spot on, Malcolm.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. We are dealing with one seriously disturbed individual here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 09, 2011 11:39PM

I asked my old boy about Donovan. He described him as a poor mans Bob Dylan. Apparently he was born in Scotland but moved to England at a very young age.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 10, 2011 06:04AM

Low-rent Bob Dylan or not, Hurdy Gurdy Man is a great song that was put to very effective (eerie) use in the soundtrack of the movie Zodiac. Watch that movie and you'll see what I mean.

[www.youtube.com]

Somehow, the song reminds me of DM, too, or at least our Graysmith-esque pursuit to "unmask" him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 06:11AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 10, 2011 08:06AM

May I ask Zeuszor what you perceive as the reasons for the decline of figures like "Yoneq" or "Roberts".....in the end what do you think led to the demise of their empires....I'd be interested to compare their fates with McKay (who I think has simply "aborted" his still born empire.....those in it, being no more than "things" that he just tossed aside when he felt that the travails of running the thing became too much as he aged, and was no longer worth the miserable amount of "acclaim" he was able to generate for himself through it).....

Date: September 10, 2011 08:12AM

Thanks for your question, Mal. That's a big question with a long answer, so please let me think it over and get an answer to you tomorrow if I may.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 08:12AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 10, 2011 08:19AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
May I ask Zeuszor what you perceive as the reasons for the decline of figures like "Yoneq" or "Roberts".....in the end what do you think led to the demise of their empires....I'd be interested to compare their fates with McKay (who I think has simply "aborted" his still born empire.....those in it, being no more than "things" that he just tossed aside when he felt that the travails of running the thing became too much as he aged, and was no longer worth the miserable amount of "acclaim" he was able to generate for himself through it).....

First: Yoneq and Roberts are doing reasonably well as far as I can tell, at least in the physical sense. Neither one (as far as I know) has ever been subjected to any kind of criminal prosecution or incarceration.

As far I know, Yoneq and Ha'Emeq live very nicely and travel a lot between their different "communities."

Roberts is in hiding and there have been no confirmed sightings of him in many years. We know that he is alive, though.

The others I'll have to think about and write about tomorrow.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 08:21AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 10, 2011 08:48AM

[www.youtube.com]

All the world over, so easy to see
People everywhere just wanna be free
Listen, please listen, that's the way it should be
Deep in the valley, people got to be free

You should see what a lovely, lovely world this'd be
Everyone learned to live together, ah-hah-unh
Seems to me such an itty bitty thing should be
Why can't you and me learn to love one another?

All the world over, so easy to see
People everywhere just wanna be free
I can't understand it, so simple to me
People everywhere just got to be free

If there's a man who is down and needs a helpin' hand
All it takes is you to understand and to pull him through, ah-hah-unh
Seems to me we got to solve it individually, ah-hah-unh
And I'll do unto you what you do to me

Shout it from the mountain on out to the sea (out to the sea)
No two ways about it, people have to be free
Ask me my opinion, my opinion will be
Nat'ral situation for a man to be free

Git right on board now

Oh, what a feelin's just come over me
Love can move a mountain, make a blind man see
Everybody sing it now come on let's go see
Deep in the valley now, we ought to be free

See that train over there?
That's the train of freedom
It's about to 'rrive any minute, now
You know it's been'a long, long overdue
Look out 'cause it's a'comin' right on through

Date: September 11, 2011 12:08AM

Click for links:
As stated above: Yoneq and Ha'Emeq are doing pretty good, far as I can tell.

Roberts is probably doing as well as a man who is so paranoid as to be in perpetual hiding can be.

Ole Anthony is probably doing OK, too, for a man his age and with as many physical infirmities as he has. He's never been sued or otherwise litigated against, either. Well, at least not by anybody other than by Tilton and the rest of his bunch, but never by an ex-member of Trinity Foundation as far as I know.

Miller Newton and his organization got sued into bankruptcy after several of his victims filed successful civil lawsuits. Their settlements were for in the millions, but I don't think Miller Newton was ever arrested or incarcerated either.

Look for this book if you want to read some things about Miller Newton that will make you cry. Read the story of one Lulu Corter. What he did to her is unspeakably evil.

[thestraights.com]

Legal action was taken against Feroze Golwalla for assault and last I knew he was under house arrest in Maryland. Golwalla, like Newton, is one sadistic evil bastard.

And whatever will become of the McKays remains to be seen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 12:09AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 11, 2011 07:47PM

Thank you for the all information here, Zeuszor....evidentiary issues appear to frequently stymie prosecution in a number of cases.....cults, to my mind, need to be subject to the same quality of policing resources that organized crime merits.....as they are effectively the same thing.

Date: September 11, 2011 07:53PM

This clearly shows that cults are not just a magnet for those seeking spiritual shelter from the darkness of this world, but also attract perverts, criminals and other predatory characters that are motivated to prey upon the former who are encouraged by the leaders and the cults themselves to be more open, to let their guards down or to let go wherever the spiritual guidance leads them to, thus become more vulnerable and easier to manipulate. This maybe is one aspect of religious cults that is oftentimes overlooked.

Another wise observation from "Dharmabum",

[forum.culteducation.com]

Current Page: 55 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.