Current Page: 58 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 17, 2011 02:22AM

Let me remind you that this whole thing started when a certain ex-member asked me to help him by passing some information to American law enforcement authorities. I did so, and in doing so pretty much initiated this whole epic thread and its spinoffs. This is what I have to say to those who would ask me, "Brian, what business of yours is any of this?" I took information to the damn FBI for somebody who was too much of a coward to do it himself. That makes it my business. And then they want to scapegoat me and help Dave and the consort get away. Well, thank you very much, XJCs. I hope you all feel good about yourselves. I am sure that you are all much better people than am I.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 02:25AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 17, 2011 07:24AM

Hey, don't get me wrong, it's all good and life is still a sweet fruit. La vida es una fruta dulce. [www.youtube.com]

Dig this: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 07:25AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 17, 2011 09:26AM

You have as much right as anybody else to be here. It's a public forum.

You also came within a whisker of joining them so the cult has had an impact on your personal life. They even tried to get in your head when you were out there defending your country.

As far as the xjcs go I think you should forget about them. They're basicially no longer involved.

Date: September 17, 2011 09:37AM

They'll be involved as long as that silly forum exists.

Date: September 17, 2011 09:46AM

Apollo
You also came within a whisker of joining them so the cult has had an impact on your personal life. They even tried to get in your head when you were out there defending your country.

Thank you, but from my perspective I was not defending my country. I was involved in a deployment to Iraq. Not necessarily the same thing. My country's present involvement in Iraq does not and did not have anything to do with defending this country, IMO. Afghanistan, yes, but not Iraq as far as I can tell. Therefore, from my point of view I was not "defending my country." But thank you for the sentiment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 09:58AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 17, 2011 10:01AM

Well that's for another thread I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 10:02AM by Apollo.

Date: September 17, 2011 10:08AM

Indeed. ;-)

Date: September 17, 2011 05:19PM

[www.independent.co.uk]

I've lived the freegan lifestyle for 23 years

And boy has Daniel suffered because of this!

Date: September 17, 2011 08:08PM

"I can't believe that her whole adult life has been one long coercion by Dave." Jon Ronson, on Sue

Date: September 17, 2011 10:07PM

Personally, I don't really see the cult or cult leader as always the "bad guy" and as the former-or-ex-member as always the "victim" anymore. That's why I have a hard time seeing Cherry as solely as Dave's "victim." Somewhere along the line, she made a decision. She is accountable for this decision, not Dave. Sometimes people simply make bad choices are held accountable for them later on. I know I have.

Current Page: 58 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.