Current Page: 1 of 57
Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: October 23, 2008 07:52AM

Anyone know anything about an internet cult called "Trumpet Call of God"?

Just when you think you have heard it all....

Please let me know. My husband and I have gotten some calls about this group.

Thanks,
Wendy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: Alice ()
Date: January 30, 2009 05:33AM

Yes I have heard about this calling... Some family members are involved. Jesus more than a man.. is also a related link. I dont want to judge anyone or anything... but have wondered about the cult activity i feel could be in place.

Posted by: frogla ()
Date: March 20, 2009 11:17AM

Alice,

Can you tell me more about what you have heard? Wendy is asking about what my husband is into and she's a friend of mine. Thanks.

Frogla

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 22, 2009 04:39AM

Hi, all.

I did a Google search for this org. All I seem to get is books for sale from the org and the same books can be downloaded FREE. I couldn't see anywhere that you can 'get together' or videos from a 'leader'. The books seem to indicate this is an "end times" religion, expecting the book of Revelation to come true at any moment (forget the fact that prophecy HAD to come true within 70 years of being made to be TRUE prophecy. This is from the Old Testament...I guess Jesus' second coming is either NOT a valid prophecy or Jesus keeps time differently than the rest of us).

Do you have a 'leader's' name or any other thing that we can search for? Right now it seems like a little ministry getting books/free downloads out.

Date: March 22, 2009 07:19AM

The leader's name is Speed Timothy Rathbun, however, since God spoke to him he's now "Timothy" or Tim. His website is www.trumpetcallofgodonline.com & www.myspace.com/trumpetcallofgodcom. It's interesting how so many of these folks including my husband are so willing to believe this prophecy without truly testing it.

Thanks. Let me know if this does or doesn't help.

Frogla

Date: March 23, 2009 01:31AM

frogla, thanks so much for the new information, it was a big help. I read through some of "Timothy's" and his wife's dreams. Odd. Here I think is a very telling thing in Timothy's own words from his site:

"I have not accepted even one penny for the Letters, nor do I plan to...the Word of God is free to all!

I do not have any previous learning in Scripture, no degrees of any kind, nor have I attended seminary, nor have I received any teaching from any pastor, minister, etc., nor have I been to church...I must remain separate from those whom God wishes me to give His message to, lest I become biased toward a certain denomination. I do, however, gather together with many others for Bible Study every Sabbath."

This information from Timothy is important. He admits he is a complete dumbass in dealing with centuries of Biblical study, biblical archeological advances and Christian studies in general.

More importantly he claims he "Must remain separate from those whom God wishes me to give his message to lest I become baised toward a certain denomination..."

This is telling. Didn't Jesus supposedly preach to the learned Rabbis? Why does he avoid anyone with a thimblefull of knowledge about scripture? Simple. They would tear this delusional fraud apart.

He makes the claim that God and Jesus are speaking to him (in dreams) and telling him that is composing "The Final Testament".

How many religions/movements/cults make this same claim: Islam, LDS (Mormons), David Koresh at Waco Texas, etc.

He claims he doesn't accept one thin dime. Well, someone pays for his bandwidth and I doubt it's him.

QUESTION: Does your friend's husband, or others you may know, give him money?

He may be 100% sincere in his belief that he and his wife are being spoken to by God. Benny Hinn believes it to be so as well. Just because you believe with all your heart doesn't make it so. This man is a fraud and self-deluded. If your friend's husband had any formal biblical study he would not be following this no talent ass-clown. I will continnue digging on this guy. Any additional information you can give me and other forum members will be helpful...
In other words,

Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: March 23, 2009 04:33AM

Thanks for the info, Sparky. My husband and I facilitate a support group in the Dallas area for former members of cults and spiritually abusive groups. We are seeing more and more of these small "Christian" cults with a leader who takes pride in the fact that he or she is a lone ranger.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:52AM

Sorry for the break in message: In other words, any info you give will be checked on and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this nutter. Just because not many are posting on this thread does not mean those same "lurkers" are not researching this topic on your behalf.

Stay strong.

Sidenote: What exactly is happening to your friend's husband? Is he AWOL? Is he draining the family bank accounts?

Date: March 23, 2009 08:15AM

frogla and wendyjduncan;

Thanks for all your input onto this. Thanks wendyjduncan for your support groups in the field. Your support group means more to victims than any I or anyone online can give to the damaged. I don't know if you are licensed therapists or ordained ministers, but God speed to you.

I am amazed by the ignorance of scripture that this fraud (Trumpet Call of God) is perpetrating, but it is best to steer clear of him. He reminds me of some new-age channelers I had the "pleasure" of watching do their "schtick". Say anything...claim God/Jesus /Aliens told you so and YOU are off the hook. It's those damned Aliends/Jesus/God to blame for what you said.

(Psssst! Don't forget to pass the plate for a "Love Offering"...tee hee!)

Date: March 23, 2009 11:04PM

Sparky,

I will take more time to read what you and Wendy wrote and I am so grateful for you both taking time out to help me in this difficult situation. I am encouraged in the Lord and have so much support like Wendy's group, church, prayer partners, family, etc.

My husband now shares a website with Timothy called www.gracehead.com and there you can gain more insight to their deceptions. Also, later when I get home from traveling, I will cut and paste a recent bible study that they've had & you will also be amazed @ how these other people including my husband (Trent) are deceived by this charleton. Unfortunately, we are in so much debt that we are looking to filing bankruptcy this month and I think a lot has gone to this group but there is NO money trail. My husband is clever.

Thanks again for your insight and I will get back with you either tonight or tomorrow.

Frogla

Current Page: 1 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.