Current Page: 4 of 57
Re: Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 23, 2010 02:49AM

AS2014, interesting research. Seventh Day Adventists are also "kosher" in that they don't eat pork, etc., correct? (I seem to remember this from a friend at University who was a Seventh Day Adventist).

Does "Timothy" also preach against the consumption of pork and shellfish?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frogla ()
Date: July 23, 2010 07:31AM

Sparky
AS2014, interesting research. Seventh Day Adventists are also "kosher" in that they don't eat pork, etc., correct? (I seem to remember this from a friend at University who was a Seventh Day Adventist).

yes he does teach this in his "letters". i'm not sure that my husband adheres to it 100% but some of the other members do.

do you think that they lean more towards 7th Day or more towards other stuff?

Date: July 23, 2010 08:40AM

I don't know how they lean, frogla. I wish I knew more as I would gladly help you.

What AS2014 presents is that "Timothy" is leading this group in a Seventh Day Adventist way, and your explaination of the dietary restrictions taught by "The PROFIT Timothy" seems to confirm this belief.

"Lil' Timmy" as I shall now refer to him as, is clearly making a buck somewhere. If he is not, then he is probably clinicly insane (in my opinion...I am not a psychotherapist).

I hope "Lil' Timmy's" reign as "Profit" comes to an end soon so that these poor cult members can be set free to their loved ones and to therapy (if needed).

I also pray for a time (in the immediate future, the sooner the better) that your husband understands that you two were married "Under God" and he damned well better cut out the jackass "Timothy" worship bullshit and get back to his God-joined Life-mate and leave this stupid cult! (Forgive the language).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2010 09:05AM by Sparky.

Posted by: AS2014 ()
Date: July 23, 2010 11:08AM

frogla
Sparky

yes he does teach this in his "letters". i'm not sure that my husband adheres to it 100% but some of the other members do.

do you think that they lean more towards 7th Day or more towards other stuff?

That`s so interesting because I didn`t even know the Letters preached against pork and shellfish. The teachings definitely seem to fit Seventh Day Adventist teachings.

I don`t know if this Timothy is doing the letters for profit. Maybe the "profit" for him and the members is mostly emotional/psychological. They apparently think they`re part of the 144,000 mentioned in Revelations, a "remnant" chosen for the end-times to "blow the trumpet" to the world.

frogla, I think you said you are a Christian and your husband was also a Christian. As a Christian myself, the big warning flag to me in those letters is the fact that Timothy claims to be "clarifying" Bible doctrine from human mistranslations, but he`s actually introducing new doctrines AND then claiming that his teachings are to be given equal weight as the Bible. I`ve seen a lot of Christian heresies that are sort of New Agey in feel. They`re fairly easy to mark out as heresies because they ignore huge portions of the Bible in favour of their own interpretations. Some may be cults, others are just growing spin-offs of Christianity. This Trumpet Call of God group, on the other hand, claims to teach only the Bible (very much like Seventh Day Adventists) and they do teach that Jesus is the Son of God and the only way to salvation. Traditional Christians probably find the group acceptable at first. But they have a very selective reading of the Bible when it comes to doctrines like original sin, Ten Commandments, Sabbath worship etc.

If your husband is ignoring his commitments to you, then he really isn`t following the words of the Bible. I`m sorry about what`s happened in your family. I`m guessing that the group is so attractive to him because there are prophecies coming out every few days, and these "Letters" address people in the inner circle by name, claiming that they are chosen and so on. I think it must be very addictive.

If you want, I could give you some Bible verses that clearly contradict some of the teachings in the Letters. Your husband might just chalk them up to mistranslation, but it could help open his eyes.

Posted by: philly ()
Date: July 24, 2010 07:05PM

Sparky

Very interesting - my husband stopped eating pork as he claimed that with swine flu that it wasn't safe to eat... I guess that was just a cover? Does anyone know what Timothy teaches about fasting on the Sabbath? What times does he stipulate? What does the old Testament stipulate? My husband has been fasting every Saturday.

Date: July 24, 2010 11:08PM

hi philly! I've been thinking of you recently. I'm gonna respond 2 you both asap! I'll brb with an answer. It's really good 2 hear from you.

Date: July 24, 2010 11:11PM

AS2014, yes pls send verses! Thnx! I will respond 2 you asap! Send whattever you like! You have good info!

Posted by: singingcowboy674 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 06:43PM

Hey Sparky. I wanted to try and answer some of the things you said in one forum post in particular in regards to the Prophet Timothy. I'll paste it and answer per point if I can.

"frogla, thanks so much for the new information, it was a big help. I read through some of "Timothy's" and his wife's dreams. Odd. Here I think is a very telling thing in Timothy's own words from his site:

"I have not accepted even one penny for the Letters, nor do I plan to...the Word of God is free to all!

I do not have any previous learning in Scripture, no degrees of any kind, nor have I attended seminary, nor have I received any teaching from any pastor, minister, etc., nor have I been to church...I must remain separate from those whom God wishes me to give His message to, lest I become biased toward a certain denomination. I do, however, gather together with many others for Bible Study every Sabbath."

This information from Timothy is important. He admits he is a complete dumbass in dealing with centuries of Biblical study, biblical archeological advances and Christian studies in general.

More importantly he claims he "Must remain separate from those whom God wishes me to give his message to lest I become baised toward a certain denomination..."

This is telling. Didn't Jesus supposedly preach to the learned Rabbis? Why does he avoid anyone with a thimblefull of knowledge about scripture? Simple. They would tear this delusional fraud apart.

- Ok, on the out start you are acting on the assumption that he is a con artist. I gather this from the "dumbass" and the "delusional fraud". Now, I understand that you looked at a couple of the letters and unless I miss my guess skimmed over them rather than really actually gave them due diligence, primarily I would ascertain because you already had him convicted in your own mind/heart before you even went to view the page. Honestly, I know you are trying to help and your heart may be in the right place, but, you can't look at 3 or 4 letters and nail him to the wall. If you wanted to make an educated statement you would at least read or listen to the first couple of volumes. Yeah, it would take you about an hour but then again you'd have a real grasp by then on whether or not he was a fraud.

- You impeach him because he does not associate with biblical scholars, had no foreknowledge of the Bible like all the other "centuries of Biblical study, Biblical archaeological advances and Christian studies in general and you say he avoids "anyone with a thimble full of knowledge" because they would "tear this delusional fraud apart". You go on to ask didn't Jesus preach to the learned Rabbis? Course He did. Actually He preached AT them. They were the Pharisees and Sadducee of His day. The ones He called snakes. It was to the common people that He did preach the knowledge of Heaven to though.

The reason by my understanding that he maintains separation is that he sends letters that God gives him to give to the different churches as correction. Therefore the need to keep apart from the churches who are already biased in their opinions and traditions passed down by mainly the apostate catholic church. A prophet's job is not to just make predictions. A prophet's job is to teach "thus saith the Lord" and to correct the incorrect as God commands. It would not be fitting for him to develop a membership with say the Baptist church lest he not be as stern as God may command him to be regarding those corrections. He may shy away from the controversy of saying "hey guys, you have it wrong. God says do it this other way."

So the reason is not because he is afraid of not withstanding criticism from Biblical scholars. It's right the opposite if this man is a true prophet which I believe him 110% to be. Remember Paul also said in 1Corinthians...

17For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty

Speaking for myself, I have a strong layman's knowledge of scripture and I have Christ inside my heart. And it is by the latter first and the first second that I gauge whether or not this man is a man of God and if he is hearing the voice of the All Mighty as he claims. In my study, I find his writings in complete harmony with the gospels though they are none exact in what any church of man believes. Revealing all as I once thought, none of us have it exactly right. There is much love and much correction in the letters.

He makes the claim that God and Jesus are speaking to him (in dreams) and telling him that is composing "The Final Testament".

How many religions/movements/cults make this same claim: Islam, LDS (Mormons), David Koresh at Waco Texas, etc.

Many, many. Actually though, Islam denies Christ as the Messiah, Mormons (translated in Chinese to say "hells gate") does not believe in the Deity of Christ either. They hold Christ and Lucifer brothers. These teachings do not amen the accepted gospels. David Koresh said he WAS Jesus Christ, can you say antichrist (one of the many little ones foretold in scripture)? You didn't give me any other examples. This man's writings amen scripture, as God's Word would not testify against itself. He takes credit for no knowledge himself which goes against what a cult leader is all about. In fact, I think the fact that he remains anonymous makes the case for him even stronger because it says he's not seeking after the accolades or the following of man. In essence all he is is a "little old fashioned preacher man" who audibly hears the voice of God. The letters reveal the words in the letters are of God if you'll actually read/listen to them.

He claims he doesn't accept one thin dime. Well, someone pays for his bandwidth and I doubt it's him.

This man does have a full time job, as does his wife. I'm not familiar with how expensive bandwidth is but I can tell you that if you looked at the page hits which is currently "This page has been accessed 831,249 times." and you divide that by 6 years which is how long the site has been up, that is only 138,541.5 hits per year. And though it does have some mp.3 and a few videos, compared, most of it is simple text. I don't think it would require a heap of bandwidth to maintain.

QUESTION: Does your friend's husband, or others you may know, give him money?

He may be 100% sincere in his belief that he and his wife are being spoken to by God. Benny Hinn believes it to be so as well. Just because you believe with all your heart doesn't make it so.

-There is one difference in this man and Benny Hinn. I'm sorry, two. Make that 3. Benny Hinn is the same as all these modern day charlatans who claim to be the spokesperson of God yet disregards the primary message of Jesus Christ...."Ye Must Be Born Again". This is CENTRAL in Timothy's letters. End time prophecy is only a portion. If I had to break it down I'd do it like this....

60% -"Repent and be baptized (spiritually) in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin"
20% - Chastisement of the modern churches, this includes correction.
5% - Speaking to the person of God and His attributes and promises.
15% - Prophecy and warning regarding the coming judgments.

This man is a fraud and self-deluded. If your friend's husband had any formal biblical study he would not be following this no talent ass-clown.

Ok, explain what you meant by "no talent ass-clown"? Are you saying if he was a Biblical scholar and he was talented at public speaking and was charismatic and entertaining you would follow him or lend him more credibility? I didn't think you liked fellas like Benny Hinn and the like.

I will continnue digging on this guy. Any additional information you can give me and other forum members will be helpful...
In other words, any info you give will be checked on and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this nutter. Just because not many are posting on this thread does not mean those same "lurkers" are not researching this topic on your behalf.

-It could be because it's not a cult. If you look up the 20 characteristics of a cult, you will find that the only qualifications out of the 20 are that "He claims to have special knowledge from God", and yes, however, if he is a prophet, then he gets put automatically in this category. However, he's not selling any of this for anything other than cost. He even pays for shipping. What should qualify as cultish is if he kept that knowledge to himself or gave it only to the initiated. The other couple that he matched are common to most any of the Christian faiths.

Now, at first you may assume that I'm some big follower. In that you would also be mistaken. I am simply someone that has taken the time to go through the letters and the PDF file studies offered and find it to be in line with scripture and being a Christian I'm a bit put off at your name calling. This man hasn't had a trial yet and you are pronouncing execution on him from nothing more than the fact that "he's a kook" in your book.

You clearly violated forum rules in that rant of yours. However I will leave it. But you did Frogla no favors by fueling her questions with a concrete "yes it's a cult" with not hard evidence. Hell, not even circumstantial for that matter. Gotta be careful.

Date: July 29, 2010 11:36PM

singingcowboy674

Speaking for myself, I have a strong layman's knowledge of scripture and I have Christ inside my heart. And it is by the latter first and the first second that I gauge whether or not this man is a man of God and if he is hearing the voice of the All Mighty as he claims. In my study, I find his writings in complete harmony with the gospels though they are none exact in what any church of man believes. Revealing all as I once thought, none of us have it exactly right. There is much love and much correction in the letters.

This man's writings amen scripture, as God's Word would not testify against itself. He takes credit for no knowledge himself which goes against what a cult leader is all about. In fact, I think the fact that he remains anonymous makes the case for him even stronger because it says he's not seeking after the accolades or the following of man. In essence all he is is a "little old fashioned preacher man" who audibly hears the voice of God. The letters reveal the words in the letters are of God if you'll actually read/listen to them.

Now, at first you may assume that I'm some big follower. In that you would also be mistaken. I am simply someone that has taken the time to go through the letters and the PDF file studies offered and find it to be in line with scripture and being a Christian I'm a bit put off at your name calling. This man hasn't had a trial yet and you are pronouncing execution on him from nothing more than the fact that "he's a kook" in your book.

You clearly violated forum rules in that rant of yours. However I will leave it. But you did Frogla no favors by fueling her questions with a concrete "yes it's a cult" with not hard evidence. Hell, not even circumstantial for that matter. Gotta be careful.

Great. If I violated the Forum's rules, I will be notified.

Your response is telling. You claim not to be a "big-follower" but that makes no sense. You seem to know what Timothy does for a job, that his wife works. You also claim you are certain he is speaking the words given to him by "The-god-who-comes-in-dreams". (Cthulhu? Yahweh? Who knows).

If you are so certain why wouldn't you follow him in a heartbeat.

No, it seems to me you are merely an apologist..and a follower of Timothy.

Date: July 29, 2010 11:43PM

Hey Sparky. I wanted to try and answer some of the things you said in one forum post in particular in regards to the Prophet Timothy. I'll paste it and answer per point if I can.

Sparky, why does springcowboy674 say Prophet Timothy if he were not into this cult? maybe it's no big deal but this person keeps saying that everything's telling. what about how he calls timothy Prophet? do i just move on from this?

sry i've not answered sooner but i has surgery recently and now i'm under the weather but as soon as my head is clear I will respond in more depth.

sparky you rock!!!

Current Page: 4 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.