Current Page: 3 of 57
Re: Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: November 17, 2009 11:29PM

frogla, all I can suggest for you is the read all the getting help links on this site:

[www.culteducation.com]

From the transcripts above provided by bob, it seems they are an 'end times' religion (they expect the second coming any day now) and they are clearly anti-Trinity (most christian religions are based on the Trinity).

I'm sorry for you and your husband. Good luck and God bless.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: November 19, 2009 09:21AM

Also, frogla, I have no new insights into this group but to say they are just another "end times" faith and appear to re-write the bible as it suits them (another typical move of a questionable religion).

bob is apparently well versed in following this group and may have more suggestions for you in regards to "rescueing" your husband, who now appears to be a mini-leader.

I would contact bob about this for any additional thoughts he may have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 09:25AM by Sparky.

Posted by: frogla ()
Date: November 19, 2009 11:00PM

Thanks Sparky! Yes, these destructive people have moved my husband up the ranks to get him more involved and more hooked. They are crafty, cunning, and evil. I think really the rescuing is up to God @ this point. However, I have contacted Bob but this person doesn't seem to want to respond right now. Trent never used to believe in other "scripture" besides the Holy Bible. It's no different then what the Muslims believe about the Koran or any other false religion.

Posted by: philly ()
Date: December 28, 2009 12:53PM

I am glad I have come across this site. I too, have a husband who's been 'taken in' by Timothy's teachings and 'study groups'. I have also looked at the link Sparky provided and my husband's exhibiting a lot of these traits - no sense of humour, withdrawing from family activities. He wakes in the early hours of the morning to skype with these members, and spends the whole Saturday in his study conversing and studying with them. In the weeks leading up to Christmas he 'announces' to us all that he's no longer celebrating Christmas - what a shock. We've gone through a huge grieving process in the last couple of weeks.
I had mentioned to him in anger some time ago that this mob sounded like a cult, and that's before I'd even read anything about it. I asked the minister of our church to go and talk to him but all I can get out of my husband was that he 'told him what was wrong with his ministry and his church'.
I've told my husband that he has become intolerant of our beliefs but I just don't seem to be reaching him.
I'm a bit reluctant to jump on the 'cult' bandwagon, but what I have read certainly opens my eyes a bit.
Any further info would be very helpful. I'm yet to go through the notes from their website, but how long has 'Timothy' been up and running?
Please pray for us....

Posted by: Wind_Of_Change ()
Date: December 31, 2009 11:58PM

Sparky, Frogla and Philly,

Hey, I am new here :)

Are you Christians and do you believe what is written in the Bible, the Word of God?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 01, 2010 12:09AM

Wind_Of_Change:

Please read the rules you agreed to again.

Preaching religious beliefs is against the rules.

Personal attacks, such as questioning people about their religious beliefs, is against the rules.

This thread is about "Trumpet Call of God" not the personal religious beliefs of message board members.

Date: January 01, 2010 01:44AM

Thank you moderator!

Posted by: matthewtoo ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:00PM

Wind of change.
Does it matter if they are chistians or not. Please answer the question.

Posted by: AS2014 ()
Date: July 22, 2010 11:15AM

Someone on an e-mail list I read mentioned Letters from God and his Christ, so I began reading the prophecies. A lot of them were consistent with the Bible, but something didn`t "sit right" with me, so I decided to try and learn what exactly the doctrines were.

I found a Q & A booklet on their website which explained some of the doctrine. Two things struck me: the doctrine of annihilation of the wicked and soul sleep (people do not go immediately to heaven when they die but are unconscious), the innocence of children, and an emphasis on law-keeping and Saturday worship. On a whim I looked up info on Seventh Day Adventists and other Millerite churches, and guess what a few of their main deviations from Christian doctrine are? Sabbath worship, Ten Commandments, "soul sleep", conditional immortality (ie. the soul is not naturally immortal but is only given immortality by Christ) and annihilationism (souls of the wicked just cease to exist).

The interesting thing is that most of the "new" doctrines in Letters from God and his Christ line up with the Millerite Churches such as Seventh Day Adventism. It was interesting to see the online chat transcript here, because in part of it the people are asked what struck them the most about the prophecies, and in most cases it was the teachings I listed above--the ones that don`t line up with traditional Christianity. I don`t know whether "Timothy" has roots in those churches or whether his prophecies are being spiritually influenced by whatever spirit influenced Miller and Ellen G. White (founder of modern Seventh Day Adventist churches), but the prophecies although mostly Biblical have some significant deviations from orthodox Christian doctrine.

Note--I`m not saying the Seventh Day Adventist church itself is a cult...just that it`s interesting that "Timothy" who claims to be hearing only from God, has come up with doctrines that so closely match teachings which have been around for a long time.

Date: July 23, 2010 02:14AM

matthewtoo
Wind of change.
Does it matter if they are chistians or not. Please answer the question.

i believe this is someone from trumpet of call asking this. they tend to believe that if you don't believe in "the letters" of timothy than you are not a christian. so this makes sense that it would be from their group.

Current Page: 3 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.