Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 12, 2015 12:06AM

jan w. lane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone had mentioned earlier that Marilyn and
> Gary have not attended services in quite awhile.
> I had also heard that Marilyn was not well and
> that she has cancer, and that people are saying
> that very bad vibes from former members were
> causing her to be ill. I can only imagine the
> sort of so called prayers which are being said
> against many who are not in submission to that
> couple.

oh my...history tends to repeat itself

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: April 12, 2015 11:34PM

Pretty nice day today (Sunday 04-12-2015). I think I’ll go out and
ride my bicycle along the Jordan River Parkway Trail and enjoy
the great unrestricted "God-The-Father in the Sky.”

I’m going on my own, without permission.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: April 13, 2015 05:12AM

Gosh FCSLC, let's see what kind of LW-based derogatory label we can call you. I'll start:

Cross Dodger

Free Agent

Mixed Multitude

Goat

Non-true disiple

Spiritual leech

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 13, 2015 06:17AM

Ha! Thou shall not taunt the Lamp of Israel. FCSLC watch out for holy ghost landmines along the Jordan.

Date: April 13, 2015 09:20AM

lily rose: It was a good ride without incident, not even a flat tire. But I wasn’t totally truthful. I took a bottle of lukewarm “coffee” to drink
along the way which includes a LDS chapel. That’s “double jeopardy” in this part of the country.

Date: April 14, 2015 08:45AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gosh FCSLC, let's see what kind of LW-based
> derogatory label we can call you.

Those LW-based derogatory labels remind me of the salacious comments uttered during a TV celebrity roast. I think the LW name calling was/is in part a result of the twisted scriptures that were taught such as the LW emphasis on speaking judgment rather than walking in love and the LW emphasis on our performance rather than the sufficiency of God's grace. I was watching the new TV series The Bible AD and had a happy moment when one of Christ's disciples remarked, "Jesus loved our weaknesses."

Date: April 15, 2015 04:54AM

"...it's not living that you're doing, if it feels like dyin'...

it's cryin', growing old before your time."

Ray LaMontagne

Date: April 15, 2015 06:17AM

I quoted this song. It hit a raw nerve. I was told constantly that I needed to die. That is an awful way to live. Never measuring up, as long as you're still breathing.

Date: April 15, 2015 07:52AM

Paleface I can relate to your post. I remember one JRS message entitled, "Shout Grace to It," but other than that it seemed like works, performance and measuring up were the driving forces in the LW, not the message of grace.

From the book Grace that Breaks the Chains: Freedom from Guilt, Shame, and Trying too Hard.

"Grace on the other hand is God's way of effecting change. The standard is internal, not external, transforming the heart, not just conforming behavior. In general, it is a slower process because it gives people room to change under the patient transforming hand of God...and that simply takes time. Unfortunately for some Christian leaders that poses a problem. They simply don't want to wait that long so they engage in religious behavior modification often using guilt as the driving force."

Date: April 15, 2015 09:47AM

I like your brand new post lily rose. I was composing a post when yours suddenly appeared so hopefully there won’t be too much repetition:

I’m with you paleface. Lily rose wrote: “LW emphasis on our performance.” I posted somewhere on this forum a year or more ago that I didn’t understand
JRS’s “To Be a Christian.” Why is that abnormal, misguided statement with its myopic focus on obedience, submission and the giving up of one’s own will so revered by the LW?

I don’t agree with it. I think it’s based on a real mistrust of God. More to the point, isn’t the real sublime message saying, “I don’t trust God to save me, so I will totally obey all the commands so that I can’t be found guilty and therefore God is obligated to save me. I will bear the cross-out of my own will so that I can gain a place right along the side of Jesus in the eyes of the Father.”

If that’s your concept of a “Walk” with God then go for it.

----------------

I think God saves people. I think God saves people for who they are naturally, not all conformed to some religious agenda. Jesus sets people “free” from having to perform or feeling they have to earn it. I think Jesus loves it when we feel free to do our “own will” confidently. Jesus endured the cross so that the offspring of Adam & Eve wouldn’t have to hide anymore, but could have the original confidence that they were created “okay.” God loves us as we are. Enjoy God and have fun on planet Earth.

----------------

If some theologian wants to explain why I have to “perform” or “grovel” then I’ll listen, but make it a good argument because right now, for me, it’s better to die than get jerked around by religious insanity.

I don’t need to be a disciple, I’m pretty content with just believing in God, that He exists as a “good” God.

paleface: Please add spiritual reprobate to your above list!

(PS --- paleface: One time I told Jesus in my mind, “I don’t measure up. I don’t intend to ever measure up. I hate measuring up. So, looks like you’re incapable of saving me. Your great plan has failed. Either you’re a loser or perhaps” (it dawned on me) ------ I need to re-study the gospel according to what “my spirit” needs rather than listen to the unfruitful preaching of TLWF.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.