Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 30, 2015 11:37AM

There is a new documentary film on HBO called "Going Clear". It is about Scientology. There are some striking similarities with TLWF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 02, 2015 06:47AM

Jesus was in LA today for about an hour.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 03, 2015 01:07PM

paleface Wrote:

"Jesus was in LA today for about an hour."

Did He say when John will return?

Date: April 04, 2015 12:47AM

He did. But only to G&M.

Posted by: jan w. lane ()
Date: April 08, 2015 01:17PM

Someone had mentioned earlier that Marilyn and Gary have not attended services in quite awhile. I had also heard that Marilyn was not well and that she has cancer, and that people are saying that very bad vibes from former members were causing her to be ill. I can only imagine the sort of so called prayers which are being said against many who are not in submission to that couple. You would think if the church was so important to them that they would be going to every single service. Anyway, I hope that Marilyn is able to have clarification before she passes away. Jesus does extend forgiveness......

Date: April 09, 2015 01:29AM

I finished watching the HBO documentary on Scientology. I retract my prior statement. There are very few similarities between Scientology and the Living Word. One similarity, however, is when the founder (Hubbard) died, a young aggressive man siezed the leadership and started taking the church into more ruthless practices.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: April 09, 2015 06:07AM

I have also heard from several sources that Marilyn is having physical issues, but I don’t know exactly what. Whenever her death occurs, I suspect there will be another wave of people leaving TLWF, just as there was with John. A few more people will finally realize that John’s word is not as infallible as portrayed. The true God never makes mistakes – that’s how you can tell if it’s really Him or not. All of us will have to face the terminal illness of being human at some point - regardless of what we can get others to believe about us. Even though there has been the promise of overcoming death in this life through obedience to the leadership of TLWF, that is not something they have been able to deliver on – for themselves or anyone else. It’s just extra-Biblical teaching that is not based on what Jesus taught – and not true.

Many have given decades of their lives with great sincerity, only to discover the hands of the LWF leadership are empty. To point out the obvious is to be branded rebellious or a Nephilim. Maybe we are just no longer afraid of the truth and would like to save others the many years of oppression that we suffered. Living under humans who want to play God and come up with clever ways to apply the “work of the cross” on others is a horrible way to live – especially if you are on the receiving end. God certainly knows and millstone is the word that comes to mind.

That said, I whole heartedly agree with Jan that I would like to see G&M restored, not punished. Most of us who have been the target of the hatred of the leadership of TLWF for disagreeing with them, are not responding in kind. We would like to see God bring healing and reconnect TLWF with the rest of the Body. There are many wonderful people ensnared in TLWF. Right now, unless they can play God over everyone else, they only want to take their ball and go home. There absolutely is not the submission they require of followers to other leaders in the Body – and frankly, I question whether that is something God even wants in the first place, since He said to call no man leader, teacher, or father – “You have one and it’s the Christ, and you are all brothers”.

Jesus commanded us to pray for those who persecute us, not call down judgement. The judgement of TLWF has been absolutely worthless anyway – it’s just the fantasy of over-inflated egos pretending to have power they do not have. There is only power over those who are caught in the dreamland of deception. What is true is what Jesus taught us - what you send out is what will come back to you, therefore love your enemies. We are forgiven the way we forgive. That’s something you can actually take to the bank – you will be the recipient of freedom as you forgive. The second-hand Jesus thing is a rough row to hoe – and God intends for it to be that way, so that we learn to focus only on Him. The real Jesus is far more wonderful than we could ever imagine anyway. If it’s really Him we are after, and not just what He can give us, He will give us a new heart so that we can love and forgive the way He does.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 09, 2015 07:56AM

jan w. lane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone had mentioned earlier that Marilyn and
> Gary have not attended services in quite awhile.
> I had also heard that Marilyn was not well and
> that she has cancer, and that people are saying
> that very bad vibes from former members were
> causing her to be ill. I can only imagine the
> sort of so called prayers which are being said
> against many who are not in submission to that
> couple.

The Blame Game is the ultimate sign of spiritual immaturity and flies in the face of personal responsibility. I think God may have rejected King Saul in part because when confronted with his own disobedience, Saul refused to accept responsibility and blamed the people.

Someone posted way back regarding Gary blaming the death of JRS on Bob McLaine and others: No one was to blame. When you get cancer, sometimes it runs its course and you die.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 09, 2015 09:57AM

larry bobo Wrote:
> A few more people will finally realize that John’s
> word is not as infallible as portrayed. The true
> God never makes mistakes – that’s how you can
> tell if it’s really Him or not.

I recall a previous post, maybe from Invisible, that suggested that JRS was being obedient to the Word of GOd in selecting Gary to "lead the congregation into the kingdom." After pondering this for many months I doubt it, that it was a word from God. I could be wrong, but as Larry points out, John's word is not infallible as portrayed.

One day, I hope we can hear from others (pastors) who were in attendance at those gatherings in which JRS laid out his transition plans to be implemented after his death. I think it would help in the healing of many who stayed after the death of JRS but were eventually judged by G&M as unacceptable even thought God has clearly stated in his Word that only He judges us.

I think many misconstrued G&M's banishment as a word from God. I doubt that too that is was a word from GOd. To me it was venom spewed by LW leaders (including pastors and elders) who were spiritually immature and who lacked the foremost qualities of a disciple of JEsus which was to deny themselves, daily take up their cross, and obey the teachings of Jesus. Instead they looted the coffers of the LW and set themselves up to play god which ultimately shattered the lives of many (some babes) who hungered after the LOrd.

Yes, God can turn all of this into good but I am confused as to who will be held accountable for the lost souls.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 12, 2015 12:05AM

paleface Wrote:
> I finished watching the HBO documentary on
> Scientology. I retract my prior statement. There
> are very few similarities between Scientology and
> the Living Word. One similarity, however, is when
> the founder (Hubbard) died, a young aggressive man
> seized the leadership and started taking the
> church into more ruthless practices.

Interesting...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.