Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 12, 2015 07:23AM

Lily,
I do recall listening to a tape, I think during a visit to the Anaheim church, when John referred to him as a "channel." There were references to death threats between Larry and John were also on the tape.
Anyone else have a recollection of what transpired?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 13, 2015 08:32AM

That's sad. I guess we will never know if it was rage over a disagreement or if JRS's conclusion about him was accurate. I remember Larry as a foodie who daily came by the LW bldg. for the free lunch.

Can channels repent or are they locked into being a channel? I never could wrap my brain around that.

Date: May 15, 2015 04:07AM

The whole satanic channel (nephilim) chapter of TLWF was so bizarre--and yet I was entirely swept up by it. In retrospect, those identified as nephilim--some, public figures--may not have been good people, but neither were they the offspring of Satan. At least that's my opinion. It's possible some of them may have been labeled as such simply because they were perceived as a threat to John's agenda, and the concept he had of himself as the door opener to the Kingdom.

p.s. If Larry was freeloading meals at TLW, then yes, he may have been the exception (a nephilim).

Date: May 15, 2015 08:02AM

I agree changedagain. As I understand JRS's interpretation of Gen 6:4-5, those fallen angels (demon spirits) would have transformed themselves into a fleshly body in order to have had sex with human females and create a demon bloodline of part human and part fallen angels that continued for all these years till the 21st century. That's for the X-files. Something else for the X-files is a guy named Randy DeMain has written a book describing Nephlim being produced in laboratories by abduction of body parts and using nano technology. OMG Randy says he received this scoop through divine revelation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2015 08:08AM by lily rose.

Date: May 16, 2015 01:32AM

Aside from his remarks about Larry, I can't say I have first-hand knowledge of John labeling anyone a nephilim. It was common knowledge in the walk that the nephilim that was being judged in our intercessory prayers was his wife/ex-wife Martha, and Gary confirmed this in one of our local services, but I don't recall hearing it directly from John. Talking to a few old-timers--there was consistent mention of a number of public figures that John supposedly identified as nephilim--notably JFK, Walt Disney, Wilt Chamberlain.
Anyway, the insanity is starting to seep back in, so I think it would be wise to not comment further on this subject...lest I become suspicious of Caroll Spinney (Big Bird).

Date: May 16, 2015 08:26AM

Chortle...not Big Bird. Say it ain't so.

I hear ya 'bout the insanity creeping back in. Thanks for the chat; your insights and humor inform me.

Posted by: ihatecults ()
Date: May 16, 2015 12:21PM

Hi All - I found this page via a google search for "kalona iowa cult"

I have reason to believe a family member is moving to iowa to be apart of this cult. Has anyone been part of the Iowa branch in the past few years and can give me some insight?

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: May 19, 2015 09:01PM

If your family member is moving to Iowa to be a part of Shiloh then I would be concerned. They have hired PR firms to help improve their image. They will tell you how much they have changed. My opinion, it's still the cult it has always been. The leaders still claim that "Shiloh is the center of the universe", for example. The main pastors are very ruthless people. If you question anything, you will be kicked out quickly.

There is a growing group of ex-LW people in Iowa. You can spot them on the streets of Kalona. They are the ones with the big smiles on their faces.

It would be better if your family member lived in Iowa City, if possible.

Posted by: ihatecults ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:06AM

Paleface - thanks for your response. This is, of course, very troubling to me. Especially since I escaped another fundamentalist cult 10+ years ago...

Date: May 24, 2015 01:14AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
My opinion, it's still the cult it has always been.
> The leaders still claim that "Shiloh is the center
> of the universe", for example.

How did this get started...the notion that Shiloh is the center of the 'universe'?
Was that something John said in one his messages? If so, are people really taking this seriously, literally?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.