Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: April 05, 2017 02:17AM

slandjt wrote: “We needed protection from John Miller (and others) when they callously directed our lives to suit them, destroyed families and marriages, and then had the nerve to say they were speaking from God.

-------------

Matthew 27:51 --- “And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.”

Imagine being at this event with your designated shepherd. As the veil rips in two there is pandemonium and a public rush to move closer for a better view. Your designated shepherd callously tells you to ‘stay in your place’ while he/she goes to check it out.

I swear to God I wouldn’t stay and deny myself to suit the whims of the designated shepherd, but would jump at the opportunity being provided from on high. An opportunity to throw off and bypass the absurd obedience required by cults in their twisted-scripture preaching of false doctrines supporting divine order.

One can only speculate what could have been if some of these shepherds had done their homework, woken up, and preached a different tune. Perhaps there could have been freedom instead of a wasteland full of casualties.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BenTHare ()
Date: April 05, 2017 02:59AM

lily rose
BenThar: You mentioned in your discussion regarding Dad Stevens about things that were going down in Shiloh then. From a purely historical perspective, lol, I would be interested in hearing more about that if you feel comfortable talking about it.
I am willing to a point. People need to have some room to repair their lives. I do not wish to try and destroy them here. I also do not care to relive some of the events. I spent many years dumping most of it. I will try to share that which might help others reflect and understand another perspective.

Simply stated, there was lots of chaos during this time. There was plenty of division and confusion everywhere. Factions were prevalent and building. I was trying to make sense of it all and determine my way forward with my life.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: April 05, 2017 04:46AM

Slandjt and FCSLC,

The assumption that Miller needs protection means this cult will continue. Ex shepherds still protect each other. Knowing what went on behind closed doors clears the air. Expose the truth. Not malicious to expose how this cult worked. What was said. Who said it. Cover ups. Eventually more will come out. This message board is about exposing destructive cults.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 05, 2017 05:53AM

Here's a thought. Assuming the light bulb truly went on for Miller and he had an aha moment about the LW, his testimony about what went down (the deception) in the LW could possibly help it implode from within. That's also assuming that Miller still has the trust of his previous congregation. On the other hand, he may believe that Marilyn turned JRS bad and he (Miller) was once part of a move of God under JRS. Still, I'd like to see Miller redeem himself and put his boldness (big mouth) to good use in exposing TLWF.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 05, 2017 06:55AM

Thanks BenTHar for the reply.

Southgate, if possible, to fully appreciate your post, give a link to a video or soundtrack when sharing music lyrics.

Slandjt, I must say I was a little taken a back about the San Diego reunion. Please keep speaking out.

FCSLC, yes and it's time the veil was shred over TLWF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2017 07:06AM by lily rose.

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: April 05, 2017 09:55AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks BenTHar for the reply.
>
> Southgate, if possible, to fully appreciate your
> post, give a link to a video or soundtrack when
> sharing music lyrics.
>
> Slandjt, I must say I was a little taken a back
> about the San Diego reunion. Please keep speaking
> out.
>
> FCSLC, yes and it's time the veil was shred
> over TLWF.

After all this time I've never encountered one shepherd who acknowledged their complicity in the cult - most have lived out their lives in denial. This is quite something considering the number of players involved.

In speaking with a few of them through the years, any acknowledgement of the failure of the Walk in their minds fell under some variation of it all being God's will or alternatively God's punishment - curiously it was most often the sheep who got punished.

It took me years and years to understand (some days I still waver), it wasn't God's will. The failure of the Walk was the responsibility of men - principally the leaders, the "apostolic company" and oh yes, the responsibility of John Robert Stevens.

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: April 05, 2017 10:05AM

As a side note, here's a link to a NYTimes article regarding a support group for those leaving ultra ortodox jewish sects... the stories ring remarkably familiar.

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 07, 2017 10:18PM

FCSLC Wrote:

> The “mind” you’re describing seems for the
> most part nearly identical to the one I’ve been
> fighting against and trying to destroy for the
> past thirty-plus years.

When you were labeled "an enemy of the church" by Miller, presumably representing G & M, and conditioned like most of us to perceive it as coming from God...even if internally it made no sense...that conditioning is difficult to shake. It definitely contributes to the aspects of PTSD that many of us have faced. Of course, the truth is that you were an enemy of a corrupt, self-serving church and actually should find solace that you resisted its actions/teachings. The ones who should experience mental torment are those who callously went along with the program, and used their position to make other lives needlessly miserable. But I suspect they do not have natures that reflect on those type of things. Hope you continue to find peace FCSLC.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: April 08, 2017 01:31AM

"An enemy of the church". Now that's an honor !!! : )

I was labeled a "vessle of satan". Same thing I guess. We gotta dump that toxic stuff from inside us. And get truly free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2017 01:32AM by puddington.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 08, 2017 08:48AM

puddington Wrote:
> "An enemy of the church". Now that's an honor !!!
> : )
>
> I was labeled a "vessel of satan".

I never got a label. I was hoping some authority would refer to me as 'Anak's best friend'--but alas, it was not to be. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.