Current Page: 21 of 37
human awareness institute
Posted by: jdshevel ()
Date: May 29, 2007 01:24AM

S_Byers666
Should I take my own trusted condoms on a level 1 weekend? What about levels 2 / 3 et al?

You are ALWAYS at choice. If you choose to have sex, it will NOT be during the workshop sessions. If you choose to have consensual sex with another person during the weekend, the right thing to do is to be safe.

Jeff / NJ

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DayDreamer ()
Date: May 29, 2007 10:49PM

jdshevel
S_Byers666
Should I take my own trusted condoms on a level 1 weekend? What about levels 2 / 3 et al?

You are ALWAYS at choice. If you choose to have sex, it will NOT be during the workshop sessions. If you choose to have consensual sex with another person during the weekend, the right thing to do is to be safe.

Jeff / NJ

Gee... the "right" thing to do, and the "safe" thing to do would be to not have sex with someone you just met!! Keep your hormones in check, your hands off other people's crotches (and your own) for one weekend, and show some restraint. Sheesh.

Date: June 14, 2007 02:29AM

Well, the founder of HAI, Stan Dale, died the other day after a long battle with cancer.

His passing could mean a LOT of changes for the organization, but I doubt it. I'm sure the abusive and coercive nature of some of the "powers that be" will not change. Too bad.

Posted by: davephx ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:53PM

His obituary in San Francisco Paper

Dr. Stan Dale Founder of the Human Awareness Institute, & longtime national radio personality, passed away peacefully June 8, 2007. Proceeded in death by beloved wife, Helen. Survived by loving wife, Janet. Father of six children and 10 grandchildren. Founding the Love, Intimacy & Sexuality workshops in 1968...

Published in the San Francisco Chronicle on 6/12/2007.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 17, 2007 08:51PM

Does anyone know where Stan Dale's doctorate was from?

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 17, 2007 09:57PM

Probably the same place The Mars\Venus guy did.

A lengthy search comes up empty, which is typical for these self-appointed doctoral types.

It was not a surprise that Dale endorsed this teen boot camp either. It seems many of them, like Landmark, want to get 'em while they're young, hence, the abusive and manipulative "troubled teen" industry.

[www.sfiainc.com]

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 17, 2007 09:59PM

Ah! Found this in one of many obits...

Dr. Dale had advanced degrees in psychology and sociology from Roosevelt University, Chicago and the Illinois Institute of Applied Psychology. He received his Doctorate in Human Sexuality from The Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco where he was Adjunct Professor of Behavioral Studies in Human Sexuality.

Dr. Dale was on the faculties of Loyola University, Mundelein College in Chicago, and Sonoma State University in Cotati, California. He was a frequent lecturer at many colleges and universities in California and elsewhere, including China's Shandong and Beijing Universities, where he was a visiting professor. Dr. Dale speaks to a wide variety of service and civic organizations, social clubs, churches, high school and junior high school campuses as well as corporations. Stan was an ordained minister for the Temple of Knowledge in Los Angeles, California.

After serving with the US Army in Korea, he received a commendation and Ribbon of Meritorious Service. He was one of only 10 worldwide recipients of the prized Mahatma Gandhi Peace Medallion for his selfless commitment to the cause of world peace, humanity and brotherhood. He was also presented with the Humanitarian of the Year award from the Ethical Humanists of Chicago and received the Distinguished Member award of Who's Who Worldwide.

Posted by: Eric Hanson ()
Date: July 02, 2007 08:23AM

Fascinating thread, coming to my attention through a google search on HAI. My thanks to all the contributors--it was well worth the four or five hours of reading and contemplation required to absorb the information and points of view provided!

A longtime moderator of an internet forum myself, I might offer some constructive criticism of rrmoderator for his contribution, but perhaps a first post on a new board is not the appropriate venue.

For virtually ALL of the other contributors, my thanks. While my interest in HAI conferences was piqued by an individual I intuitively hold in high regard, the various contributions to this thread have confirmed my interest in participating in conferences sponsored by this organization.

If my experience turns out to be noteworthy, I may comment on it for the benefit of the many contributors to this thread.

Date: July 12, 2007 12:08AM

One of the women who was an intern for HAI Midwest died last weekend. She was only in her late 40s (I am guessing), and was truly a wonderful person. Although I am NOT by any means involved with HAI anymore, I can honestly say that she will be missed by many.

Rest in peace, Leigh.

Re: human awareness institute
Posted by: diashto ()
Date: December 22, 2007 11:23PM

Hey, here's something interesting. (at the risk of bumping this thread again).

HAI Announces a new workshop, Level 8 - Sacred Energy Exchange

Drawn from the world's great spiritual traditions and from the heart and soul of Stan Dale's teachings, Level 8 delves more deeply into the sacredness, beauty, power and wonder of Sex -- S. E. X. or, what we like to call "sacred energy exchange." As we get in touch with our sacred energy exchange, we are likely to feel more alert, happier, more self-assured and sexier without having to "do" anything. With our sensuality and sexuality present, there is often the feeling of being playful and connected and capable of opening our heart to everyone. As we create and recreate spiritual sensuality we can truly own the power of our love, emotions, sensuality, sexuality, and our bodies at profound levels.

We live in a time when ignorance and fear around sex seem deeply embedded in our culture. Many of us, even after seven levels of HAI, are still limited in our very definition of Sex. Level 8 gives us the opportunity to discover for ourselves our own "right relationship" with the sacred energy within us. In this workshop we will have opportunities to reclaim the truth of our experience, reclaim our sexual sovereignty, and practice being fully available to respond creatively and appropriately in each moment.

At this workshop we will practice exchanging that energy, in an appropriate way, with whomever we choose, in any particular moment. We will be given opportunities to communicate the truth of ways we want to risk going deeper in different situations, so that whoever is involved can walk away from our time together feeling a deeper appreciation for the miracle of being alive in a human body. We will encounter unique skills and techniques in love-making that may broaden our enjoyment of our own sexual lives. And, of course, Level 8 is about choice – the choice to create safety in the room of love, the choice to gain new knowledge, the choice to expand and enhance our lives

----

I wonder if they still make people go through the first 7 levels before goin to the orgy..er.. level 8.

Sounds like a primer for the hieros gamos, but i dont know how many members of the Priory of Scion are involved in this organization.

Current Page: 21 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.