Current Page: 19 of 37
human awareness institute
Posted by: S_Byers666 ()
Date: March 23, 2007 06:28PM

Is it co-incidence or is there a connection that the Level 1 HAI weekend is called "Miracle of Love." I mean is HAI connectd to MOL in any way? Does HAI the same MOL 'love bombing' techniques to gain recruits (aka paying customers) to their org.?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DayDreamer ()
Date: March 23, 2007 09:51PM

Actually, when I first got involved with HAI I tried to find something on the internet that was a negative review. I couldn't find anything other than those opinions you posted... and I believe that one man is disturbed.

But it concerns me that there are no truly negative reviews other than that. There SHOULD be. There's no way that every single person was oh-so-happy with HAI. That is just statistically improbable. So, where are those people? Refusing to break confidentiality? Figuring themselves better off away from HAI and refusing to discuss it? Shut down by HAI "powers that be" before things can really get discussed openly? Who knows... but I still find it VERY odd.

As for the Miracle of Love thing... in answer to S_Byers666, no they are not related.

Date: March 24, 2007 12:00AM

DayDreamer
But it concerns me that there are no truly negative reviews other than that. There SHOULD be. There's no way that every single person was oh-so-happy with HAI. That is just statistically improbable. So, where are those people? Refusing to break confidentiality? Figuring themselves better off away from HAI and refusing to discuss it? Shut down by HAI "powers that be" before things can really get discussed openly? Who knows... but I still find it VERY odd.

Yes - but there is not a lot of positive reports on the web or newsgroups either. Again this is strange. I would have thought that if the workshops really are that great then folk would be shouting from the tree tops. Bearing in mind how long HAI has been going there's not a lot out there.

Posted by: DayDreamer ()
Date: March 24, 2007 02:39AM

I know... there's very little feedback at ALL about HAI. And I find that to be rather disturbing.

S_Byers666
Yes - but there is not a lot of positive reports on the web or newsgroups either. Again this is strange. I would have thought that if the workshops really are that great then folk would be shouting from the tree tops. Bearing in mind how long HAI has been going there's not a lot out there.

Posted by: sametanner ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:18PM

Given the nature of the "work" done at HAI workshops and the problems or concerns that participants bring to those workshops, it's entirely possible that even satisfied customers would not want to speak or post openly about their experiences. Sex is a touchy and delicate subject for a lot of people, particularly those with embarrassing problems. It is also likely that HAI doesn't want undue attention called to them because of the sensitive nature of their "work".

A lack of evidence of conspiracy is not evidence of conspiracy.

Posted by: sametanner ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:22PM

Oh, and if there is any lingering doubt, there is no connection between HAI and the Miracle of Love cult. Having been a member of the Miracle of Love in the Marin county area for almost three years, I know without a doubt there is no connection between the two groups.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: March 25, 2007 12:26AM

DayDreamer
Bearing in mind how long HAI has been going there's not a lot out there.
[/quote]

For those of you who didn't have time to go the link posted above, I found this part the most interesting. Didn't know much about Dale previously.

[www.donshewey.com]

Stan Dale was born in the Bronx and grew up fat and friendless on 23rd Street in Manhattan. At 16 he played Louis Braille in a radio drama and got hooked. By the time he was 21, he had regular gigs as announcer for some of the top-rated series on the air: The Lone Ranger, The Green Hornet, Sgt. Preston of the Yukon. In the course of his 19-year career as a disk jockey in Chicago, by his account he launched the phenomenon of talk radio when, in 1968, he started putting callers on the air during his midnight-to-5 shift. Along the way he earned degrees in psychology and sociology from Roosevelt University. But none of his book-learning or professional back-chat contributed nearly as much to his training as a sexologist as his apprenticeship in a geisha house.

As a 27-year-old PFC stationed in Japan during the Korean War, Dale spent his free time exploring the local sex scene like any red-blooded American male away from home. "There were places in Tokyo that were called Sex Drugstores. They were the sexologists of their time, generally older men and some women," he recalls one afternoon after the workshop when I visit him at home in suburban San Carlos. "I thought I knew everything about sex. I just went in out of curiosity. You go in and sit down, they give you a cup of tea and talk to you. If you have any problems, you talk about them, and they have these wonderful erotic toys to play with it -- dildos and vibrators and potions and aphrodisiacs. I'd never heard of these things. So I learned a lot. That's where I learned more than I dreamed I could know about female reproduction, male reproduction, and pleasure. I didn't know about clitorises. This was the '50s, after all."

Meanwhile, he and his Army buddies patronized an establishment called Miyoshi's, "a beautiful geisha house, not for real geishas but prostitutes, who by the way had the right to say yes or no. When I went there with my major, he wanted this woman to give head. And she screamed and hollered. He forced her: 'Suck my cock, you bitch!' Well, she virtually bit it off. She threw him out of that place and caused a furor. I'm in the next room, and he says, 'Dale, let's get the fuck out of here.' I was with this wonderful woman who was gentle and kind, so I said, 'Sorry, sir, I'll see you tomorrow.'" Dale's speaking voice has that ingratiating radio-announcer's resonance, and his personality oozes the milk of human kindness, so it does my heart good to hear him talk dirty once in a while. He's not a vulgar man in the slightest, but I wouldn't mistake him for a wimp, either. He drops enough hints from his background ("teenage street gang...Mafia connections...trained sharpshooter") to make it clear that he plays sweetness-and-light by choice. Because his Army job entailed news reporting for the Armed Forces Radio network, Dale got invited to the wrap party for an American film called Joe Butterfly shot on location in a first-class geisha house called Hakunkaku. He spent three hours in intense conversation with an old Japanese man who turned out to be the proprietor and who invited the young G.I. to come live in the house. He stayed seven months and left a changed man.

Posted by: siofra ()
Date: March 26, 2007 08:06AM

On why so little is said about HAI, my hit on it is pretty simple – I believe most people who attend go for their own reasons, have their own experiences (good or not so good) and make their own choices about attending or not attending another workshop as a simple choice. They have no drive or interest in critiquing, publicizing the organization or sharing their thoughts or experiences. Their experience was just their own business. (This isn’t unique to HAI – it also true of other sexuality workshops and personal development non-sexuality workshops.)

From my own journey with HAI (including the 3 year interlude before I took a second workshop), I shared my mixed initial impressions with a few folks I spoke with – but had no need to write articles, sign onto blogs, etc. My sense was that the universe offers many workshops, experiences, etc. – some will be a fit for me, others won’t…if it is not my cup of tea, I just move on without a lot of dissecting. I’ll tell folks who ask me what I think but my attention has often already moved on.

Looking back, I also felt that attending a sexuality workshop was a very private thing I didn’t want to share with many people. It took me a LONG time to be able to speak about it with folks without fearing their judgments of me for attending – and even now I am selective where I share this part of my life. I think sametanner’s insights about sexuality being a ‘touchy and delicate’ area were dead on here.

Siofra

Date: March 26, 2007 06:35PM

Other HAI links - including a tour of China sponsored by the Chinese Government can be found at:

[www.richpasco.org]

[www.livewild.org]

[www.personallifemedia.com]

Posted by: dbvanhorn ()
Date: March 26, 2007 10:17PM

S_Byers666
Here are some interesting reports:

[www.libchrist.com]

For the record, that's my writing. I wanted to have a bit of control who connected that with us at the time, but at this point we're past that.

I'm just getting back in sync here, you guys have been busy!

Current Page: 19 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.