Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 22, 2008 12:23AM

Reading the past few posts it makes me think about the "relationships" that Tony once had with so many, but now he lives in Isolation. Its just odd to think that character is tested in isolation, but developed in relationships.
Why can't Tony keep relationships?

Now I undestand that fear destroys intimacy and cases me to withdraw from life, but God has not created us to live in isolation.
So why Tony, why live so Isolated?

"Faulty beliefs about my identity will eventually surface in personal dysfunction."

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 22, 2008 01:16AM

Going back over the past 50+ pages of postings I am left with this thought
“Relationships”
So I consider all of US who were once part of RLc.
WE made up what was known as Elk Grove Community Church / Radiant Life.
WE were the Body of believers.
WE had good relationships with each other and Other Churches.

Tony has deceived us all and we were taken advantage of all and he did it all in the name of Jesus Christ. Tony did this so he could promote his false teachings and demonic life style of having his concubine of women. Tony has been working hard at establishing his own denomination of church I can see the similarities with his goals to be bigger and better than Dr. Robert H. Schuller of the Crystal Cathedral.
He has gathered around him Elders and staffers who still tolerate his trickery........

Deep thoughts:

“Faulty beliefs about my identity will eventually surface in personal dysfunction.”

“Fear destroys intimacy and causes me to withdraw from life, but God has not created me to live in isolation.”

Tony once has many relationships look at our growing list look back at all the churches that we were once connected with….gone.
It is odd to think that “Character is tested in isolation, but developed in relationships.”

Why can’t Tony keep relationships?

Why does Tony live so isolated?

for many of us we are still trying to land on our feet.
Some of us are struggling with trust, and the hurts that are associated with trusting Tony.

Remember this:
“trusting God with who he says I am,” then my action will be “standing with God, with my sin in front of us, working on it together.”

How I view myself is the most revealing commentary of my theology.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 22, 2008 04:10AM

I have belonged to Fellowship of Christian Athletes for 30 years. They send devotionals to me on a regular basis in my email. I wanted to post this one because I felt it was moving and would have an impact. One of the things that I have observed through this whole thing is the lack of the search for the truth. And in following up, when the truth is found what are you going to do. You have two paths to take, continue on the crooked, wretched path or change paths for the good. I saw alot of very open untruthfulness at Radiant Life, especially leaders and Tony, that was discounted or spoken of as trivial. I hope this is not considered preaching but this is probably the extent of my preaching. I would rather put something here for others to consider.

An Honorable Man
Friday, November 21st, 2008

READY: “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” -Philippians 4:8 (NLT)

SET: The PGA Tour is a tough stage on which to perform. However, getting on the Tour is even tougher. “Q-School,” as it is called, is a tournament held in which hopeful players compete to make the cut and try to qualify for the following year’s Tour. One such player is J.P. Hayes. Hayes was not on Tour in 2008, but he is quite the accomplished golfer. As he played his second round at Q-School on the twelfth hole here is what happened according to the sports blog on Yahoo!:

“On his 12th hole of the first round at Deerwood Country Club last Wednesday, Hayes' caddie reached into his golf bag, pulled out a ball and flipped it to Hayes, who missed the green with his tee shot. He then chipped on and marked his ball. It was then that Hayes realized the ball was not the same model Titleist with which he had started his round. That was in violation of the one-ball rule, which stipulates that a player must play the same model throughout a round.”

Hayes did the honorable thing and took a 2-stroke penalty, yet still finished his round able to advance. The first act was honorable enough. Many today would have hidden the violation and continued on. Still, what he did next makes him stand out even more.

He stated (again, according to Yahoo!), "It was a Titleist prototype, and somehow it had gotten into my bag," he said. "It had been four weeks since Titleist gave me some prototype balls, and I tested them. I have no idea how or why it was still in there ... I called an official in Houston that night and said, 'I think I may have a problem. He said they'd call Titleist the next day. I pretty much knew at that point I was going to be disqualified."

Hayes had the integrity and character enough to do the right thing. In the New Testament, Paul wrote to the Philippians about fixing their thoughts on what is true and honorable, and if Paul was alive today, he would challenge us in the same manner.

In our win-at-all-cost society we should all ask ourselves what we would have done in a similar situation. How would our character hold up? I pray that we all would react just like Hayes did. We all face choices in our lives that force us to choose either a right or wrong path. I am glad Hayes chose the right path for his life. Who knows what it will cost with his golf game, but the value of his character has just gone through the roof! I pray that today, yours would do the same!

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 22, 2008 09:25AM

This is a new article on the main page. It is not too long so I am posting it. There are the typical cult attributes in this organization regarding alienating your family that exists in Radiant Life also. Any behavior that teaches someone to leave, disregard, alienate, dishonor, deny, diminish, put off their god given family is cultish and very unBiblical and unJesus like. You kids open your eyes and ears. There are some of you still at Radiant Life that have bought into the lies and your relationship with your family is strained as a result. I got news for you. No one at Radiant Life is going to push you to repair that relationship..........not Tony, not Greg, not Paul Childs. You have to seed the truth for yourself. They may tell you that family is important. They may be there as a shoulder to counsel. But that is the lie and it is just there opportunity to manipulate. Until they kick you out and tell you to go no where else but home and make it right they are perpetuating evil. But that wont happen because they need your rent money, babysitting, or name on the lease. Wake up kids. That includes young adults who were kids when all of this mess started.

Cult or Church?
Woman questions Order of Christ Sophia
WTNH TV News, Connecticut/November 18, 2008
New Haven - Is there a cult climate around one church in New Haven? One woman fears her mother has been lost to a cult in the Elm City.

Theresa Biagiarelli has boxes and boxes of photos her mother took of her. And that's not all.

"My little photo album. Her photo album her father made for her. All our family things. And all of her clothes."

She has them, because her mother Julia got rid of them.

"She brought it to my aunts house and just left it there," she said.

"It made me feel terrible to know my mother didn't want to have any pictures of me as a baby anymore."

"Did you question 'what did I do?'"

"At that point it was more like what did they do."

They are the Order of Christ~Sophia or the Center of Light. The group has chapters across the U.S. including New Haven at an unassuming building on Grand Avenue, where some members, including Theresa's mother Julia, live.

Reverend Michael runs the group locally and says no one, including Theresa's mother, is a prisoner here.

"People are free to come and go. Julia has an apartment here in the building as I do," Reverend Michael said.

They call themselves Christian Mystics, but some experts on mind control like Steve Hassan, call them "a destructive mind control cult where dependence and obedience is demanded."

The fact is the founder of the group, Peter Bowes, doesn't shy away from the term "cult". He even talks about it on a YouTube posting.

"A cult is a new religion that people hate," he says on the video. "I think we can say we are one then."

Peter Bowes' was a psychologist in Wisconsin until he surrendered his license. Is there sometimes strain between members and their families? Yes, he says.

"We don't take people away from their parents, but sometimes the relationship is so bruised," Bowes said.

"What he was doing and saying about being honest reminds me of Chinese Communist brain washing techniques of the 1950's when people would have to be honest and refute their families," Hassan said.

"Do you ever wonder what kind of faith would result in you becoming disassociated with the dearest people to you?" "Well, everything I have ever learned about Christian values shows you you should become closer to your family," Theresa said.

Theresa's mother, a teacher, wouldn't talk to News Channel 8, but her picture is right on the group's New Haven web site. That web site also shows members working booths at community events, with face painting for kids or selling smoothies. The group often leaves fliers in area coffee houses.

"We teach meditation and we have classes on the bible," Reverend Michael said.

But Theresa asks where in the bible does it say leave those you love behind? "What it seems to me is that they are being taught to judge the people closest to them who have known them for years, and they are being taught to take in these new people as almost a replacement for the family that they used to have."

Steve Hassan says a lot of people who belong to these groups are able to hold down regular 9-5 jobs. One we're told is a doctor at a local hospital.

Posted by: EZE3.17 ()
Date: November 22, 2008 02:36PM

Question du jour:

Lawsuit, anyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 02:38PM by EZE3.17.

Date: November 22, 2008 02:57PM

Research from taxexemptworld.com

I have to ask
who is this LARRY DICKSON? he is listed as the Officer, Director to whose attention any correspondences should be directed. for Radiant Life Church at [www.taxexemptworld.com]

RADIANT LIFE CHURCH
Tax Exempt/NonProfit Organization Information
Organization Information

Organization Name/
Address RADIANT LIFE CHURCH
7710 STOCKTON BLVD
SACRAMENTO, CA

95823-4305
Asset Amount n/r
Income Amount n/r
Form 990 Revenue Amount n/r
Employer Identification Number
(nine digit number assigned by the IRS to identify a company) (available with data download)

In Care Of Name
(the officer, director, etc. to whose attention any correspondence should be directed) LARRY DICKSON
Classification
(category under which an organization may be tax exempt) Religious Organization
Filing Requirement
(the primary return(s) the organization is required to file) Form 990 - Not required to file (church)
Taxonomy
(classifies an exempt Internal Revenue Code 501 (c)(3) organization) n/r
Secondary Name
(another name under which this nonprofit organization does business. Also used for trade names, chapter names, or local numbers for subordinate organizations of group rulings) n/r
Affiliation
(defines the organizational grouping) This organization is a subordinate in a group ruling.
Deductibility Status n/r
Principal Activity (available with data download)

Foundation Type Church
Tax Period
(the date of the latest return filed) n/r
Accounting Period
(accounting month end date of organization) 12

and
[www.taxexemptworld.com]
and RESONANCE INSTITUTE
[www.taxexemptworld.com]
LESLIE E ADLESPERGER listed as Officer, Director to whose attention any correspondences should be directed.

Date: November 22, 2008 11:37PM

Larry Dickson helped start Elk Grove Community with Tony. I believe he is an honest man with good intentions. His adult children have been involved in Radiant Life. One moved away many years ago, but was involved with Tony quite a bit before moving. One child is on the list for having left Radiant Life. I'm not sure if his other child attends RLC or not.

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: November 23, 2008 03:19AM

I hope that no one minds but I just can't get past this measuring stick for destruction and think it needs to be read again by those still attending... Below is a definition of "mind control" precepts by R.J. Lifton, a 1960's psychiatrist, this is very scary!!!... and my comments are in blue;

· Milieu Control – The control of information and communication. (interpret - "read my new book on leadership, don't read that forum or don't talk to those people, they are DANGEROUS")
· Mystical Manipulation – The manipulation of experiences that appear spontaneous but in fact were planned and orchestrated. (interpret - "My eyes have been healed, the hurricane was diverted, the kidnappers let me go...")
· Demand for Purity – The world is viewed as black and white and the members are constantly exhorted to conform to the ideology of the group and strive for perfection. (interpret - "Live as I live, do as I do, do as I say or model my life")
· Confession – Sins, as defined by the group, are to be confessed either to a personal monitor or publicly to the group. (interpret - "Share everything with me or your man or woman of G-d so we can know your failures what buttons to push when you get out of line or we/I can gossip about you to your remaining friends or others in SOMA class, Prophetic Cadre or Leadership Development!")
· Sacred Science – The group's doctrine or ideology is considered to be the ultimate Truth, beyond all questioning or dispute. (interpret - "I am an Apostle, I have a direct line to G-d or The blessing of the Lord flows through me to you or I have a special revelation from G-d... He tells me, I tell you... no questions!")
· Loading the Language – The group interprets or uses words and phrases in new ways so that often the outside world does not understand. (interpret - "All of my kooky acronyms during my sermons and the almost real definitions twisted to match what I am teaching at the time")
· Doctrine over person – The member's personal experiences are subordinated to the sacred science and any contrary experiences must be denied or reinterpreted to fit the ideology of the group. (interpret - "My teachings are the be all, end all and your objections or concerns are a sin against me, your leader.. I deserve a double portion of respect and honor, oh and let's not forget your wife, daughter and a major portion of what's in your wallet!")
· Dispensing of existence – The group has the prerogative to decide who has the right to exist and who does not. (interpret - "As long as you abide by my rules and are of use to me we will have some kind of relationship... but if you question me or my vision for your lives, I will disown, disavow, disrespect and destroy you or your reputation or write your names on sticks and break them in an effort to curse your life")

It says that anyone or group exhibiting at least 6 of these 8 qualities is to be considered destructive... well I am not a psychiatrist but it looks to me like the hired hand is exhibiting all 8 to some degree or another.

The further away I get the clearer I can see the truth.
People please do not follow blindly, measure every teaching and message against God's word and measure the tree by the fruit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2008 03:21AM by Worship_Big.

Posted by: EZE3.17 ()
Date: November 23, 2008 06:39AM

Question du jour:

Lawsuit, anyone?

Go to

Sacramento Superior Court

In “Case # Format” enter 34-2008-00026582

Hit “search”

View “Complaint”

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: November 23, 2008 09:20AM

Very interesting, lots of reading but if it's true... and truthfully, as of this point I would not be suprised if the accusations are 100% true, then this might be the end of rlc and the hired hand. I wonder which rlc account the defense fund will be diverted from, or if this is what the recent re-finance was for?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2008 09:24AM by Worship_Big.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.