Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: December 03, 2008 01:25AM

In regards to rituals and ceremonies there where several I was involved in and knew about while I was in…. here are a couple…

First the covenant ceremony for me was a process of striving to show undying devotion to the “spiritual father”. At the point where the spiritual father saw you totally committed to them they would have a ceremony where you each drank from the same cup of wine and devotional gifts were exchanged… in my case a gold ring with the seal of a lion on it… then the spiritual father would explain that you are entering into a life long commitment to them and you are to serve them as they offer you spiritual covering… this is called the covenant… while this was my experience with Brandon and sense has been retracted and the both of us in full admission of how wrong it was it was a practice endorsed and taught by Mr. Cunningham… in fact he asked me about how the ritual went down and re-explained the commitment to me after the fact.

On another note Mr. Cunningham did a similar ritual with my wife several months prior to my ritual with Brandon in which she received a gold tennis bracelet as the covenant gift… sorry Mr. Cunningham the only human covenant she was ever really in was with me…

At the commencement of each of these ceremonial meetings both my wife and I were deemed “Spiritual Children” and encouraged to throw out all that we had received from our natural parents and start to receive our inheritance from our new “Spiritual Parents”… the main teacher on how this was to look at take place was Mr. Cunningham… in fact the only time Brandon and I ever talked about what it should look like was at Mr. Cunningham’s direction.

Another ritual preformed by Mr. Cunningham involved the time he shaved his head… he explained in a Soma class that he had shaved his head and burned his hair as an offering…

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: December 03, 2008 01:51AM

Ring barer
In regards to rituals and ceremonies there where several I was involved in and knew about while I was in…. here are a couple…

First the covenant ceremony for me was a process of striving to show undying devotion to the “spiritual father”. At the point where the spiritual father saw you totally committed to them they would have a ceremony where you each drank from the same cup of wine and devotional gifts were exchanged… in my case a gold ring with the seal of a lion on it… then the spiritual father would explain that you are entering into a life long commitment to them and you are to serve them as they offer you spiritual covering… this is called the covenant… while this was my experience with Brandon and sense has been retracted and the both of us in full admission of how wrong it was it was a practice endorsed and taught by Mr. Cunningham… in fact he asked me about how the ritual went down and re-explained the commitment to me after the fact.

On another note Mr. Cunningham did a similar ritual with my wife several months prior to my ritual with Brandon in which she received a gold tennis bracelet as the covenant gift… sorry Mr. Cunningham the only human covenant she was ever really in was with me…

At the commencement of each of these ceremonial meetings both my wife and I were deemed “Spiritual Children” and encouraged to throw out all that we had received from our natural parents and start to receive our inheritance from our new “Spiritual Parents”… the main teacher on how this was to look at take place was Mr. Cunningham… in fact the only time Brandon and I ever talked about what it should look like was at Mr. Cunningham’s direction.

Another ritual preformed by Mr. Cunningham involved the time he shaved his head… he explained in a Soma class that he had shaved his head and burned his hair as an offering…

Everytime I hear this first hand testimony, it truly turns my stomach. I always wondered what those rings where. The person who discipled me had one and it must have been his covenant with Brandon. It is funny because I do not have much of the first hand testimony of these kinds of things but really knew that something was just amok with the way people were and how devoted they were to Tony and others in leadership. Although I was never a participant in something like you talked about Ringbarer. I was a participant in some little covenant relationship vows in SOMA which were a joke. They were nothing like you describe but they were covenants of mutuality where you look out for them and they look out for you. Problem was they were a ritual and joke. I tried but certainly no one was looking out for me when things were going bad or I wasnt showing up. I can also remember the person who discipled me and their unquestioned loyalty and submission to Brandaon. I think now both have seen how wrong and haywire this was. Also, Paul Childs was a leader in a ministry I participated in. He took Tony worship to the ultimate. I can remember that there weren't too many conversations with him that did not involve talking about what Tony was trying to do or accomplish. He even told me at one time that he was just waiting, If Tony told him to go plant a church anywhere he would go. He said he had to go. This is the same man that when I was having issues at home told me that "Even Jesus denied his own family". Talk about scripture quoted out of context. He also told me at this same time regarding my service in the ministry "If you can just hang with me through the summer, I will give you a break in the fall." As if I was serving him. Now this reflects bad on Paul but i know that that attitude and teaching is coming from Tony because I have sat through his teachings on submission and authority. I mean comon, Paul gave away a baby thinking he was in submisison to God based on Tonys teachings. Now that is sad and sickening.

And I do remember that every week was a different stupid little ritual or ceremony. Like running in the church and yelling. I didnt go to the Gap and part of the reason is because I never knew what stupid stuff they were going to do at Tonys prompting. Yea I know everyone believes it is God speaking but really it is Tony manipulating.

Anyway Ringbarer. Thanks for the firsthand testimony. I really feel sick in my stomach for the people who are still at Radiant Life and would submit themselves to Tonys teachings It seems some of these people are trying to say it is not about Tony but all they are doing is tranferring their submission to Tony to a submission to the church and the institution. This they think is godly. I am sorry. If you want to do the godly thing run out from underneath this man and his teachings.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: December 03, 2008 02:36AM

I have been away for some time now with personal items to deal with, but I am back! All I can say is WOW! Welcome all new comers.

What¡¦s up ¡§Wantingtruth¡¨?

I would like to address 3 items:

1) Wordly and United States Traditions and Tony¡¦s view on them.
2) Polygamy
3) Covenant and promissory agreements

First: TRADITIONS

If you notice, Tony has over abused and always has taught in SOMA and on Sunday mornings regarding Romans 12:1-2 and Colossians 2: 9-23 which speaks of Empty Philosophies and Earthly Traditions.

Why? Tony wants you to ¡§fix your eyes on God¡¨ rather than the traditions of the world. He than often places himself as the ¡§NEW¡¨ philosophy by elevating himself as the one closest to Christ and than speaking of ¡§His Way of Life¡¨. People, after giving him an elevated expression of WORTH (Worship), take on his way of life. (including drinking SOY milk, excersize, way of dress, even car buying!!! the way he supposedly prays, preaching methods, etc.)

Tony has taught that by placing a TREE in your home is of the devil. YES¡K the devil. He actually spoke this in SOMA and ¡§suggested¡¨ it on a Friday night once. He used scripture to try and support it. It is somewhere in the Old Testament. I wish I could remember the scripture. It is reference to ¡§pine trees¡¨. People are so afraid of carrying on their own traditions that their families passed down because, by Tony¡¦s teachings, they are not taking on Christ¡¦s (tonys), traditions therefore forfeiting their future inheritance.

Part of this is not putting up pictures, watching certain family TV shows, forfeiting family events of tradition, dressing your house up on Christmas, not letting your kids play sports (unless it is soccer because it is Tonys favorite sport), not allowing your kids to attend public school, not reading ¡§casual reading type books¡¨, not playing board games
( plug for Paul Childs-he was bashed many times publicly for playing board games), etc, etc.

Tony has discussed many times his distain for the United States and her arrogant practices and traditions. I began to hate my country after a while as well. I am sorry for that now. She has blessed us all.

Why does he do this? ISOLATIONISM! A key ingredient for a cult.

Second: POLYGAMY

I agree with Matt. Tony taught MANY MANY times not only in one on one settings with me but also in SOMA that having more than one wife is not against the law of God, but is more of a law of our ¡§STATES¡¨. He used examples of current cultures today who practice it and that are TOTALLY right in Gods eyes. He bridged this with the Old Testament showing the fact that God never had an issue with it except when it affected their ability to worship Him. (Ex: Solomon, David, etc.) He even went to prove that David was blessed by God by having more than one wife because of his heart of worship. Than Tony would speak of his own heart of worship and how it is similar to Davids. (Do you all see the ¡§suggestion¡¨?)

Tony said directly that Having more than one wife is not wrong!!! It is only wrong if your culture says it is against the law. He than speaks of how jacked up our country is and how God is not for our country and culture. This opens a door for Tony to take on Gods practices and not the US practices.

My wife tried developing a relationship with Tony at one point and he rejected her by saying that she is too old for him to work with her. That she is not teachable and maluable and should learn submission to me. What he is implying is that she is too discerning to see his crap. That she will never just do what he says.

Third: COVENANTS and PROMISSORY AGREEMENTS

There were many times that he suggested to me covenants and promissory agreements.

One time was when Tony bashed Kevin Brown and Brandon Miller to my face. He called them stupid for telling me that I was an evangelist. He then told me I was not an evangelist, but a pastor and said that I was the ¡§guy¡¨ to take Rworship where it needed to go. I than shared my desire to follow him and go where he goes. I told him that I wanted him to start discipling me since I stopped going to Brandons discipleship. He agred with my desire to go where he goes and said God has shown him those things already and confirmed it in the Spirit. He said strongly, ¡§you will go where I go¡¨. He then told me to keep this quiet and not tell Brandon. Lets wait a little while than make the move. HE than said in regards to this and Rworship, ¡§do we have an agreement¡¨? He then reached over the table and shook my hand. It did not feel right. I felt like I just shook hands with the devil. Thank God that God did not agree with it. ƒº Tony also did this same thing when he committed himself to me and Paul Childs to take us to NEW LEVELS of ministry together. After Paul left the meeting, Tony secretly came to me and said that he would only do this if it is just me. That he did not trust Paul. With distain in his eyes he said, ¡§What is my purpose in connecting with Paul? I could go much further without him. ( not exact quote)

Tony is all about covenants, breaking and making new ones. When he breaks covenants that God has bound, he does the work of Satan. For example, Marriages!!! When he comes in between something God has made, that is Stans work. Harsh or not, it is what it is. The other is parent to child.

I have a lot of other situations, but I have written enough. I hope these examples are helpful.

-Ryan-

Date: December 03, 2008 02:53AM

I BLIEVE THIS IS THE SCRIPTURE HE USED!! If you finish the whole scripture, you will find out what God is really trying to say.

Jeremiah 10 (New International Version)

Jeremiah 10
God and Idols
1 Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel. 2 This is what the LORD says:
"Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.

4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter.

5 Like a scarecrow in a melon patch,
their idols cannot speak;
they must be carried
because they cannot walk.
Do not fear them;
they can do no harm
nor can they do any good."

Notice that this is specific to Worship!! The craftsman "SHAPE" the tree! It is specific to shaping the tree in the image of their God. THis is another rediculous angle for Tony and his Religous abuse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 03:03AM by Deja Vu.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: December 03, 2008 05:17AM

Just to follow up on what was said regarding polygamy and traditions:

1. My husband started discipleship with Tony 9+ years ago and Tony told him the same thing regarding the polygamy issue. When he came home and told me what was taught, I couldn't believe it. We quickly got on the phone with our former pastor and talked about this teaching. While there is nothing that 'specifically states' you cannot have more than one wife; there are several references to the contrary. Starting in Genesis with the two become one. How do you become one with more than one? Also when Noah was saved from the flood, he brought his wife (singular) and his sons and their wives (singular to each son). Women were both David and Solomon's down fall. Man was not designed to have more than one wife and visa versa. Tony's theology is very dangerous. Is he going to deny the trinity because the Bible doesn't 'specifically' state as such?

2. Regarding the Teaching in Jeremiah - I too heard this teaching in discipleship. The idea here, I believe, pertains to the heart. You cannot worship anything else besides God. If you bring a tree in your house and worship it, than it's a problem. I saw nothing wrong with the tradition of decorating a tree with my family. It is something that we all enjoy. The focus was the time with the family - not idolizing the tree. So in my 'rebellion' I continued to have a Christmas tree in my house. As a matter of fact one of the elder's children wanted to participate while we decorated the tree because he missed doing this with his family.

While shopping last year I noticed these Santa's that were real cute. I told Nicole that I had a momentary lapse in judgement and I really do like Santa Claus!! This was another teaching. You should not teach your kids about Santa, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, etc. because when you teach them about Jesus, they won't believe you. Again, if the focus is primarily on these figures and not on Christ, then I can see where there could be a problem. Besides if Jesus is always taught then the occassional incorporation of a few fictional characters should not throw our kids off base. I am thankful that I continued with our family traditions and that my children were not denied the fun that comes from family traditions.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: December 03, 2008 05:51AM

Was reading the blog last night and someone was talking about how Tony doesn’t think polygamy is wrong. What about the scripture stating in Titus that an elder/bishop/overseer have but “one wife and faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination...” Titus 1:5-16 What about Deut. 17:17, Malachi 2:15, Mat. 19:4, 1 Timothy 3:2, 3:12, 5:9? These all refer to polygamy being forbidden.

Also I was reading through my Bible and came across James 5. In my Bible the title is Rich Oppressors Will Be Judged. I just thought it was interesting. I forgot how much false teachers are talked about in the later NT books.

I remember that Tony’s Hero is David and he wanted to be like David if I remember correctly…guess physically he is becoming like him in regards to David having many wives and concubines as well as earthly treasures and ruler over all of Israel.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: December 03, 2008 07:19AM

Free2bme,

Amen to all of it... I like Christmas trees...

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: December 03, 2008 11:44AM

I hope that all those who have read this forum realize that Tony's views on Polygamy are very important to him. Why else would he have elaborated on it so many times?

DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS MAN AS YOUR SPIRITUAL LEADER???

DO YOU TRUST HIM WITH IMPRESSIONALBLE YOUNG PEOPLE???

I would like to open a couple of other subjects up

There is also something amiss and I do not know how to name it. It has to do with Tony's rejection of anyone that is even near his age or older.
He hangs around with young people, has them over for dinner, and spends large amounts of time with them. On the surface this seems to be innocent - even well intentioned - you know sowing into the future generation.
If you are middle aged or have a family of your own, chances are that he has never been to your house for dinner, nor have you been invited to his. The exception to this is if you are affluent, or are in some way useful to him.

But what is the effect? Young people who are arrogant, and truly believe that parents or those with real world experience don't know anything. Tony teaches that since all conventions are useless and only he knows the ones that need promotion, mature adults are spiritually stunted, and the young people who have learned at his feet are "the very best". I've heard him say it myself "Mine are the best that there is" His DNA (spiritual) is so superior that a 50 year old with an established career and much life experience would be well served to sit at the feet of one of his "best" 20 year olds.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME? It reminds me of Khmer Rouge in the movie the KILLING FIELDS. Or Chairman Mao's twisted policies that lead to the death of tens of millions of Chinese. Both of these evil systems disdained those who were the backbone of their cultures, and sought to create a new order that would satisfy their vision. Tony loves to promote his special ones over what already works. If you aren't young and part of his circle he doesn't have time for you.

I was at the Sunday service recently where Tony had 2 young SOMA students, 1 male, 1 female expound on what some word meant and then Tony continued to teach. The arrogance from the young man was palpable. I felt sorry for him. He wouldn't last 1 week working for the same company that I work for. MY worldly co-workers are more humble than that. Tony, he was just like you. Ick.

Whatajoke refered to this other one earlier:
Tony believes in "crafting the moment". That is why he makes an entrance wherever he goes. He has to make himself look good. Perhaps he got this spiritual insight from the pop singer Madonna and her song "strike a pose".

What seems to be at the bottom of all this is a desire to be special. To do something above the ordinary. That's why the stupid amount of teaching on crap (spiritual parenting, polygamy, follow my crazy way of life. NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER anyone?

Oh, and the following his crazy way of life was unachievable. No matter how hard you tried no matter how much you sacrificed or groveled or humiliated yourself or gave in time or money IT WAS NEVER ENOUGH. Tony's only achievement was in creating a performance based church.

Matt 23:2-4 "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. they tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them."

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:53PM

BraveHeart
Another deep thought...when it comes to Spiritual Parenting and counseling a wife to leave her husband because he disagrees with Tony......
I ran across a beverage here in Utah that would line up with likeness of this teaching and reflects Tony's life style....

“Polygamy Porter Beer”.
The main label proclaims
“Why Have Just One?”.

Attachments: 37551712_d3a36240c7_o.gif (21.5 KB)  
Date: December 03, 2008 11:46PM

wantingtruth

There is also something amiss and I do not know how to name it. It has to do with Tony's rejection of anyone that is even near his age or older.
He hangs around with young people, has them over for dinner, and spends large amounts of time with them. On the surface this seems to be innocent - even well intentioned - you know sowing into the future generation.
If you are middle aged or have a family of your own, chances are that he has never been to your house for dinner, nor have you been invited to his. The exception to this is if you are affluent, or are in some way useful to him.

But what is the effect? Young people who are arrogant, and truly believe that parents or those with real world experience don't know anything. Tony teaches that since all conventions are useless and only he knows the ones that need promotion, mature adults are spiritually stunted, and the young people who have learned at his feet are "the very best". I've heard him say it myself "Mine are the best that there is" His DNA (spiritual) is so superior that a 50 year old with an established career and much life experience would be well served to sit at the feet of one of his "best" 20 year olds.

In defense to this statement before the arrogant who are reading this disregard this "above statement" as, "he is just jealous because he never got into the inner circle."
Let me state this! I believe that, like EVERY CULT LEADER (do your homework), prey on the ages between 16-25 years. Why? They are "TWEENERS"! Yes, they have no clear direction in life typically. They are in between relationships, in between jobs (or working at Starbucks FOREVER!), in between school decisions, in between their SPIRITUAL DISCOVERIES, in between major financial choices and simply have not yet discovered where they fit into life. They all want a cause to join to discover their palce in life. It is not that this age group is not smart, just naive and gullable.

Tony is seems to be fairly intelligent, but has a major "complex issue". He doesnt seem to have much confidence in himself. He doesnt trust what he cannot control. If he can control relationships, he can control the culture of REJECTION. Because of his past upbringing, Tony cannot tolerate being rejected anymore. When he is rejected by outsiders, he developes his own reason for it and convinces himself and others that it is not them rejecting himself, but more that "they" are in some fashion, bad. Preying on the gullable is easy. They are looking for PIPE DREAMS! The young do not want to participate in what "is already", but they want to stand out and be different! They want to create!! They will do anything for promotion! They love to have there @#$% stroked and love gifts of admiration. Once they trust you, they are loyal. If their EGO is developed by something or someone, they will DO ANYTHING to PROTECT that thing or someone from harm. Its like a Rottweiller who will protect his master even to death! Why? Because his master is the one who feeds him.

Tony will ALWAYS spoil the young people. They are the only ones who he can really control and get to follow him for life. It is the wise, confident, discerning and smart ones who eventually SEE THE LIGHT and all of his BS, that eventually leave. All the rest who still remain, well their actions speak for themselves. At this point... it is just pure arrogance and ignorance on their part. Before, the lie was not so exposed. It was harder to detect and harder to leave because only a few believed and saw. Now.... There is no excuse except for foolishness and ignorance.

-Ryan-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 11:49PM by Deja Vu.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.