Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Date: November 04, 2008 12:08PM

some notes on false prophets: [www.aloha.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 04, 2008 12:49PM

Hey Sacramento here is your new apostle

Starting his new brand of religion in your city soon.

yes he poses to be a Christian minister but delve into his deeper teachings of Spiritual Parenting, Covenant Relationships, Spiritual Authority and Heart of David
Yes you to can learn to be accepted by Tony you will have to disown your parents, make a secret covenant with him or one of his elders and open up your pocket book!

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 04, 2008 01:27PM

M&M....I am sorry for posting this over on this forum but your story sounds so typical of RLC. These churches and their teachings are predominantly identical. I am hoping the RLC people can read this, ralate to it, and see how ridiculous the church is.

This is a post from a former TP member about their experience with Turning Point:

Last two and half years

I write this with the elders and leaders at TP in mind but also those who feel concerns and can't quite put your finger on why. I only visited one Soma class. They happened to be studying the heroes of the faith and in particular Martin Luther. They honored Martin for nailing the 95 theses on the Wittenburg Door. I feel this forum is a kind of Wittenburg Door. Please feel free to correct me if I have misconstrued something.

It was very hard to leave TP. The church had grown from around 125 people to around 800 in the 5 years we were there. A few nights later our sons were all home and we told them our decision. They were all deeply disappointed. One of our sons turned up his cd player so we wouldn't hear him cry. My wife wasn't totally behind it and actually attended for several months after. I went into severe mood swings from wondering who I thought I was, everyone else thought everything was perfect, maybe I am deeply deceived, to how could I have been so stupid to have not seen this earlier. There was also great concern for my sons and future daughter in law. Were they going to get hurt?

As we wrestled with these things my wife and I visited old friends who we knew years before we attended TP. One day we visited one couple and I asked if we could tell our story with the idea that we wanted them to tell us if they thought I was bitter or deceived. As I recited the concerns I had, the wife asked a very insightful question. “When you have had these kind of warning lights go off in your heart in the past have you been right?” I had to answer honestly. I have never been wrong.

We visited another couple we have known for 24 years when we outlined the story to them they both saw red lights flashing. It was that night that things were clarifed for my wife. We also brought two of our sons to my brothers house. They had gone through a church scandal in which the pastor came to believe he was an apostle.

Meanwhile our three sons were deeply involved in TP. We were still tangently involved in that they stored signs in our garage (they still do), and our sons would have all kinds of friends over. One time they had a ministry outreach in which Mike formed four teams that were given money and given the mission to do a ministry to 4 corners of Marysville. Two of the teams spent hours that week at our house.

It was a blessing in a way to have to keep going back for special meetings like when one of our sons would speak or something like that. We were not shunned by people (though other friends of ours have said they have been).

Our three sons were being mentored by 3 key people at the church. The church calls it discipleship and they call the person their discipler. Pastor Jeff Barnes was great with our youngest son. He allowed him to express the concerns he had and answered them as best he could.

Sid discipled our middle son and he did the same. And Pastor David Luster did the same with our oldest son. I would say that our youngest son was the most aggressive in arguing with me and with them.

Before we had left the church had had a major fundraiser to get a building. They had hired a firm that specializes in these types of things and we hosted one of the meetings at our house. The spring after we left one of our sons came home and excitedly talked to us in amazement about the giant house Pastor Mike had bought. He went on and on about all the features it had, the movie theater etc.. I was stunned. When you watch the little commercials on youtube about the church they usually feature Mike next to his Tracker. He has mentioned in fundraiser letters how he is still driving the Tracker. It is meant to show the sacrifice he made to help with the building fund. But here he was buying this house in an exclusive neighborhood. Throughout the fundraising he had said things like donate your IRA's, don't buy crown molding donate to the fund. And less then a year later they were moving into that house.

I made the mistake of flying off the handle after I heard that, I think I said something stupid like that is an abomination. The point wasn't that big houses in exclusive neighborhoods are bad, but the appearance was horrible. They had lived in a nice neighborhood where several families moved just to be near them. They had called others to sacrifice and then they moved there. I have often thought it would be helpful if a pastor could think of what it would be like if Nightline or 60 Minutes did a story on them. What would real people see? Can you imagine them playing a CD of Mike imploring the people to give with great sacrifice and as they are playing it they show the Villamors Durango pulling up to their new house? Then the newsman shows the houses of the average parishoner and has them tell the sacrifices they made. What would it look like?

Of course Mike and soon Jeff Barnes who moved next to him had an argument. They were involved in real estate and other things and in their minds they were sacrificing. But this led to another challenge. The average core member of TP spent 10 hours volunteering with the church each week (my sons easily spent 15). Meanwhile Mike and Jeff were paid full time salaries and then supplemented their pay by working on real estate on the side. Cyndi started a business with two other ladies that was a direct spin off of a Mother's day promotion the church had done. They didn't see how this had the appearance of evil. The shepherds asked the flock to live sacrificially yet they moved into an exclusive neighborhood. The shepherds asked the flock to spend hours and hours above their normal jobs volunteering with the church yet they spent their free time pursuing business ventures.

Whereas the flock along with their other work needed to take care of their own homes and chores around their own houses, the shcpherd had the sheep doing their laundry, mowing their lawn, and cleaning their house.

Naturally there were times when there was tension with our sons. They were never told to disassociate from us. And, for the most part I tried to show restraint in criticizing the church. Our two oldest were deeply immersed in SOMA. They would occasionally say odd things that would make me curious. Like one time one of them said that apostle meant captain and that Mike never went anywhere without the DVD, MASTER AND COMMANDER. I have 4 greek lexicons. Kittle's Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Analytic Greek Lexicon, Arndt, Bauer, Gingrich and Vines. I looked up apostle in all four. Kittle's had over 60 pages on apostle yet none mentioned an Apostle being a captain. I asked my sons if they would mind asking which Greek scholar Mike got his information from. I don't think they ever asked.
The problem is obvious. A captain is like God on a ship. The apostles were to be first and foremost servants of all.

Probably the hardest thing for me will sound the silliest. My second son went to be part of a mission trip to the Philippines. We were excited for him. He had already gone to India and Thailand with another church. One of the highlights of that trip had been us meeting him at the airport when he arrived. We couldn't wait to see him when he got back from this trip. I was excited because I happened to have that Friday off. We could be there to see him upon his return. Then we were told that the trip did not end until they got to the church. I couldn't believe it. I guess they were having a church service that night and they wanted everyone to go on the vans right to the church and they couldn't say hello or hug their family until after the church service. I had tried to be sneaky and asked his girlfriend (now wife) if she would ask Cyndi if she could meet him at the airport. She had said yes. I told her not to say anything else and try to avoid her so that she wouldn't change her mind. Well it backfired because we forgot to get the flight information. When we called the church office they refused to tell her. They didn't know that Cyndi had made an exception.

To me it was surreal. A family can't meet their children when they return from a trip? The next year our two daughter in laws were involved in a trip. This time they were returning on a Saturday when there would be no church service. I thought great now we will be able to meet them at the airport. Wrong, the trip still didn't end until they got to the church. It was weird beyond belief to me. When they got back one of the vans arrived before the others did. They stayed in their van for several minutes. Their families were all standing there 5 feet away yet no one moved. I finally tapped on a window and asked: “Are you allowed to come out?” They answered we don't want to come out until the rest of the team arrives. They finally came to their senses and got out. Then when the whole group arrived they all got into the building.

What was it that was so important we couldn't greet our kids at the airport? A 15 minute talk that was very general. They had had multiple stops in their return he could have said what he said anywhere in the 20 hours or so they flew. It seemed that there was this immense need to control people.

Anyway some final thoughts. They have had two Discipleship Conferences. At TP there are people who have 5 disciples others have 12, or 7. I asked one of my sons once if there was anyone else in the Bible who had disciples except John the baptist and Jesus, and the Pharisees. He was in the middle of helping organize all the massive details for this conference and was exhausted. He looked at me and said: “Thanks Dad you just undermined the whole premise of the conference.” Of course we do need mentors but no one should have a position that would lead to the temptation to lord over them. No one should be able to boast of having disciples because they don't, we are all disciples of Jesus.

I hope this will help many of you.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 04, 2008 08:43PM

Tony Cunningham is posing to be an apostle of Jesus Christ.
Just like the apostle John or Paul, but here is the deal,
Tony has his own religion that goes against some of the basic 10 Commandments like;
“Honor Your Father and Mother” and
“Do Not Give False Testimony”

Yes he poses to be a Christian minister but delve into his deeper teachings of Spiritual Parenting, Covenant Relationships, Spiritual Authority and Heart of David
Yes you to can learn to be accepted by Tony you will have to disown your parents, make a secret covenant with him or one of his elders and open up your pocket book!

If you have friends there GET THEM OUT!

And if your still there wondering what to do....

GET OUT!!

THE SHIP IS SINKING!

Date: November 04, 2008 11:55PM

longtimer60 mentioned that the vote was 120-18. I think this shows just how devestated the church is. Tony has accomplished what he has desired through all this. He has now surrounded himself with only the most loyal people and yes men. Only those who believe he is the leader and not the pastor and shepard. He wants total control. I went on a particular website and viewed a nonprofit return in which he was signing the return. And news for you all. Tony didnt start the church, God did. I think all of this is making him feel more lke god every day. You remember how he used to teach so much that those truly loyal to Jesus only numbered 120? He in his egotistical mind lives all of this out as if he were Jesus himself. An insecure sorry case for a man. So what people were there that werent at the church anymore. When you have transparency and are truthful about everything then it doesnt matter. Instead you dodge issues and push your own agenda of selfishness and destruction. thank you Ruben for speaking up and not having fear.

Date: November 05, 2008 01:49AM

just wanted to encourage everyone to continue to post helpful information. When you add up all of the views for the forums related to RLC there are over 100, 000 views. Somebody is watching and watching carefully. A matter of fact many are tuning in. My hope is that we can prevent others from being abused and manipulated in the future. The 120 will go with Tony wherever he goes and whatever he does. I am concerned about the lost ones. The other 1500. if it is even that now, that aren't a part of Tonys inner cult. I don't know if they realize that they are sitting on the outside of an organization is becoming more and more like a traditional cult everyday. PS not all cults drink koolaid and die.

Posted by: Paul74 ()
Date: November 05, 2008 07:27AM

When I wrote earlier about Sundays special meeting I left out one very important point. Many who were there stated that they were attending the church because Tony was doing the preaching. This was very sad for me to hear, because it really does take God out of the equation.

With that in mind now ... with regards to the many salvations that take place each week at RLC - many forget that it is the Spirit of God that moves in man that brings men to the Father; not the Word of God spoken by a man that brings men to the Father. All one needs to do is look at God's creation, and if He wills it His Spirit can move a man to repentance, acceptance and salvation in that moment. Man need not be in the picture at all. Only God can bring a man to that place - no man can take or be given credit for this miraculous event.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: November 05, 2008 11:24AM

Paul74

With that in mind now ... with regards to the many salvations that take place each week at RLC - many forget that it is the Spirit of God that moves in man that brings men to the Father; not the Word of God spoken by a man that brings men to the Father. All one needs to do is look at God's creation, and if He wills it His Spirit can move a man to repentance, acceptance and salvation in that moment. Man need not be in the picture at all. Only God can bring a man to that place - no man can take or be given credit for this miraculous event.

This is a great point Paul74. Thank you for sharing that. Many need to not just hear that, but really understand it and let it become their own. So many at RLC think, with arrogance, that it is the RARE AIR that they breath there that brings salvation. God is salvation! Not......Radiant Life Church. It is strange though that people find life at RLC and soon parish there as well. Isn't that how satans plan works? He comes as "light" to draw people to a false faith putting in them a false hope that make people think they know Christ, only to lead them to death. They eventually turn to ash. However...God loves his people, and "BLows on them and tells their dry bones to "LIVE" again. Here is what I am seeing right before my eyes. The "Valley of Dry Bones" is becoming a Valley of living Water and True Freedom for the Captives now. God is blowing on those who's spirits have almost died while living in the Shadow of the Valley of Death, and they are living once again.

-Ryan-

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: November 05, 2008 12:02PM

To all those reading, still at rlc;

What was so wrong with the bylaws that they had to be voted away?
What was so wrong with the Church that the "reset" button needed to be hit?
Why are people leaving left and right and why are you not getting any answers from the hired hand and leadership?
Why does the hired hand get to run the meeting where his leadership and teachings should be called into question and addressed?
Why would the hired hand not speak to, or answer any question that was raised?
Why the need to point out the faults of others and exclaim your victimization to rally your 120?
When did the supposed servant of the flock become the "lord" of the manor? Has anyone seen the hired hand walking around exclaiming "look at this kingdom I built with the work of my own hands"?
Is threatening people with financial extortion, err-um fleecing the flock, oh wait... an expected severance package and seed monies a possible crime?
Of course, in this age of ENRON, AIG the CEO with his twisted sense of entitlement gets the golden parachute while the workers (sheep) loose their retirement and get kicked to the curb.
Why did all this change have to be an all or nothing vote?

Sounds like someone has control issues and trust issues and issues with authority...

Please do not follow blindly, measure every teaching and message against God's word and measure the tree by the fruit.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: November 06, 2008 06:57AM

Just a cool note: There are currently 1.4 hits on this site every minute now.

I am posting this specifically to move it to the top again. ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.