Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: singledout ()
Date: November 07, 2008 12:40AM

If so funny that the people writing these blogs are also the ones who treated me like an outcast...funny huh
And as far as the brain washing i have a member in my family who when to soma... this person was a very angry person before coming to radiant life and i know for a fact this person isnt brain washed trust me i live with em.

My Story:
See when i was much younger i had gotten into alot of crap early. My family(not adults) with and community around me were in gangs mainly being Notre. You're probably thinking where were the parents? well working there every bone to make sure i had a house 2 sleep in and food in my belly. And they sacraficed so much everyday and even more today. My Grandfather had help taken care of my family and was everything to me. My grandpa showed me so much love and was my world. I cannot describe how much he meant to me. He died and i got into a heavy depression. I had already gotten into witchcraft but after his death i got consumed. I knew how to hid it so no one knew about it. I was addicted and if i became anymore powerful i would have died. My witchcraft protected me while in gangs. At 11 years old i went to the youth ministry called brigade. My spirit was getting thrown around. Finally Jeremy had an alter call which i firgured out later on was rare. I felt this is what i need and i didnt know why. It had nothing 2 do what he had said cuz i wasnt even paying attention. I went up and he prayed for me. He was even praying for everyone. Right then i felt a release of the addiction... release of the demons that dwelled inside me. i didnt understand what had happen or why God did this 2 me but i wanted to find out. From then on i choose to keep on going and even attend sunday service. My Parent then came to christ. I even went to the radiant life homeschool. All during highschool i was rejected by all the girls. the ones who were raised up in the church. The only girls who ever expected me where the few who rejected. So much like my childhood i hung out wit the guys again. I attended High School Brigade and was directly under joel cunningham's leadership. Everyone knew we didnt get along but til this day im grateful for him. See i use to thing the same just like everything else til i got seriously under his leadership. He was younger than me and he was an adult leader. I was a student leader. And i was the only one who stuck wit it. Wit out that hard teaching i honestly wouldnt still be at the church. After the fact we still didnt get along but i still am thankful for him. I was and still am a major rejected and even tho everyone thought i wasnt gonna "last long" or only went cuz my parents made me. or even think im "faking it" the truth is... I love jesus christ. I have been at radiant life for 9 years and even tho i was rejected by many. I choose to keep my eyes on christ and i have help my peers and youth from killing themselves or making stupid choices

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: November 07, 2008 01:29AM

Worship_Big
To all those reading, still at rlc;

What was so wrong with the bylaws that they had to be voted away?
What was so wrong with the Church that the "reset" button needed to be hit?
Why are people leaving left and right and why are you not getting any answers from the hired hand and leadership?
Why does the hired hand get to run the meeting where his leadership and teachings should be called into question and addressed?
Why would the hired hand not speak to, or answer any question that was raised?
Why the need to point out the faults of others and exclaim your victimization to rally your 120?
When did the supposed servant of the flock become the "lord" of the manor? Has anyone seen the hired hand walking around exclaiming "look at this kingdom I built with the work of my own hands"?
Is threatening people with financial extortion, err-um fleecing the flock, oh wait... an expected severance package and seed monies a possible crime?
Of course, in this age of ENRON, AIG the CEO with his twisted sense of entitlement gets the golden parachute while the workers (sheep) loose their retirement and get kicked to the curb.
Why did all this change have to be an all or nothing vote?

Sounds like someone has control issues and trust issues and issues with authority...

do not let yourselves be abused or misused any longer... demand the TRUTH, you deserve nothing less than honesty from the one who; claims to want to 'lead' you in your walk with God, claims to be a 'Spiritual Father', claims to have 'special instructions' that he doesn't want you to share with anyone else... even your spouse!
1. If you ask the questions and are not getting answers
2. If you are being told "it's not me, it's the fault of the hundreds of people who have left"
3. If you hear that "those people on the forum are just angry, bitter people being led astray"
4. If you have been told "Stay away from that guy or that woman... they're dangerous"

You need to check yourself and your spirit - as far as I know, everyone here at one point or another has gone to an Elder and even to the hired hand and tried to bring concerns but was either rebuked, rebuffed, maligned or rejected at every turn. Make sure you get both sides of the story, don't believe the hype or spin you receive from the platform.

Please do not follow blindly, measure every teaching and message against God's word and measure the tree by the fruit.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: November 07, 2008 01:36AM

Addressing my last post…

As I think about this event more and more and as, for some strange reason, it commands the attention of my mind; I have made a conscious effort to inquire as to why this is pressing on me? What is it about this event that, perhaps, G-d wants me to see or get?

What I realized is that there is a bit of justice woven through the fabric of this story. It is my opinion, again my opinion, that this event was exactly what the author called it a “Paint and Switch”. It seems to me that the talents and the people performing were trusting that they were doing the right thing and bringing glory to G-d through Jesus’ name… yet in the midst of the naïve someone else had an agenda. You know that my perception is that Tony, with no real talent of his own other than the ability to manipulate, used others talents to give him the spotlight in a public event. And don’t get me wrong I believe that preaching the life and lessons of the Christ is good… but it’s good when people from the community know what they are walking into rather than being tricked into a conversion attempt…

The fact is that people paid money to come to this event to see performances without the knowledge that at the end some guy was going to put them on the spot… and again this was not the guy who had captured the audiences attention, it was not the guy who was telling the story or who was the instrument G-d was using… it was some old pastor that talked nice…

I think it is clear to me that what I see in this event is the desire of one man to be the focal point… if the idea was salvation then usually the guy who engaged the audience and connected with them is the person who can offer them the choice based off the trust built during the performance and the testimony… yet it was not that guy… he was set aside so WHO could come out and parade himself as “The Guy”…

I feel that it is an attempted at glory, not for G-d, not for salvation, but rather for the one man… the spotlight seemed to take precedence… but the justice is in the review…

Tony wanted to come off as whatever he was trying to personify, and I would speculate that he wanted the review to be a positive read… yet G-d will not be mocked… because the review was exposing… it was the reality of the situation spoken from an innocent third party making a genuine observation… it was how G-d saw it…

Glory belongs in one place, and it’s not on stage with Mr. Cunningham…

I am grateful for this tiny revelation... I wanted to share it because it pressed on me. I felt as though I was shown that in every situation however little or big, in the end G-d gets his and men get theirs… and it gives hope that even when justice is not seen right away, its always on the way…

Thank you to the author… and instrument of exposure and a tool to give credit where credit is due…

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: November 07, 2008 05:18AM

Thought this was worth posting again:

If anyone is serious about asking for an impartial audit you can complete the complaint form on this link and submit it anonymously to the Attorney General. I would bet the more complaint forms they receive the more likely something will happen.

[ag.ca.gov][/quote]

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: November 07, 2008 06:35AM

Ring Barer (Matt)

I am glad that you have shared this article. I read this when it was first published in the Sacramento News & Review and my heart sank. This was just one more thing that lead me towards my exit. What really struck me is that at that time I was struggling with the arguments that you hear people still say today, "God is here because there is salvation every Sunday" and they use that as an argument of the 'fruit' of Tony. However, it is the 'fruit' of the Holy Spirit AND this article demonstrated that this was the 'fruit' of Tony. How many of the people whose hands were counted on Sunday morning were just like the one in this article? No one will know because there is never any follow-up. With the number of hands that have been counted for the past 3+ years one would think that the church would be overflowing with zealous new believers wanting to grow in their relationship with Christ. I believe that would be the case if this was the work of the Holy Spirit. I think the numbers game is an excellent resource the enemy has used to deceive God's people in believing the lie. I don't want to sound cynical as I am sure that there have been people who have truly accepted Christ; however, that's the fruit of the Spirit and not of man. Give credit where credit is due.

Karen

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: November 07, 2008 08:49AM

“Can you get through this process and keep the core of yourself?” Mr. Favreau asked. “You know, we’re finding out. I’m confident he can. And I think I can, too.”
- Jon Favreau

[www.nytimes.com]

This question was asked and answered by President-elect Obama’s speachwriter Jon Favreau regarding the intense self campaigning that they would have to endure during the election season…

It is a brilliant question and ironically similar to the present situation…

Can a man campaign for himself, champion his own cuase and defend himself against critics all while keeping himself in check? Its an interesting question to ask. Can someone so consumed with their agenda actually maintain the core of who they are?

I believe so. Yet I cannot help but suspect that there are foregone requirments to accomplishing such a task. If a man engages in a system of self campaining he is tested against many factors, each of which present him with the oprotunity to embrace corruption… it is easy to look at this in a political light but it is a reallity for every individual.

We have witnessed two examples right before our eyes. In the case of our president-elect I will let you decide whether he has accomplished this task and remained true to his core… and I can only do the same in regards to Mr. Cunningham…

Yet I find this question staring me in the face at the same time… I too am in a process, while my campaign in not for myself I do see how the path can be similar… and I must take into account my core while I stand in the face I what I know to be wrong…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2008 08:52AM by Ring barer.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 07, 2008 03:29PM

Just in case anyone was interested. I was doing some research on a personal project and found this information that I already knew. Certain information of exempt organizations which include churches formed under IRS code section 501c3 are subject to public disclosure. This is the law. Some of the documents that are required for disclosure include the annual return form which shows all proceeds and expenses. The organization has to provide this information if a person visits in person to request the information. It can also be requested from IRS. Here also is a link to the public disclosure requirements for exempt organizations, The rest is copied from the irs website.

[www.irs.gov]

In general, what public disclosure requirements apply to tax-exempt organizations?

In general, exempt organizations must make available for public inspection certain annual returns and applications for exemption, and must provide copies of such returns and applications to individuals who request them. Copies usually must be provided immediately in the case of in-person requests, and within 30 days in the case of written requests. The tax-exempt organization may charge a reasonable copying fee plus actual postage, if any.

What are the penalties for failure to comply with the disclosure requirements, and who must pay them?

Responsible persons of a tax-exempt organization who fail to provide the documents as required may be subject to a penalty of $20 per day for as long as the failure continues. There is a maximum penalty of $10,000 for each failure to provide a copy of an annual information return. There is no maximum penalty for the failure to provide a copy of an exemption application.

Exempt Organizations - Documents Subject to Public Disclosure

What tax documents must an exempt organization make available for public inspection and copying?

An exempt organization must make available for public inspection its exemption application. An exemption application includes the Form 1023 (for organizations recognized as exempt under § 501(c)(3)), Form 1024 (for organizations recognized as exempt under most other paragraphs of § 501(c)), or the letter submitted under the paragraphs for which no form is prescribed, together with supporting documents and any letter or document issued by the IRS concerning the application. A political organization exempt from taxation under § 527(a) must make available for public inspection and copying its notice of status, Form 8871.

In addition, an exempt organization must make available for public inspection and copying its annual return. Such returns include Form 990 , Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax, Form 990-EZ , Short Form Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax, Form 990-PF, Return of Private Foundation, Form 990-BL , Information and Initial Excise Tax Return for Black Lung Benefit Trusts and Certain Related Persons, and the Form 1065 , U.S. Partnership Return of Income.

An organization exempt under § 501(c)(3) must make available for public inspection and copying any Form 990-T, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return, filed after August 17, 2006. Returns must be available for a three-year period beginning with the due date of the return (including any extension of time for filing). For this purpose, the return includes any schedules, attachments, or supporting documents that relate to the imposition of tax on the unrelated business income of the charity. See Public Inspection and Disclosure of Form 990-T for more information.

An exempt organization is not required to disclose Schedule K-1 of Form 1065 or Schedule A of Form 990-BL. With the exception of private foundations, an exempt organization is not required to disclose the name and address of any contributor to the organization.

A political organization exempt from taxation under § 527(a) must make available for inspection and copying its report of contributions and expenditures on Form 8872, Political Organization Report of Contributions and Expenditures. However, such organization is not required to make available its return on Form 1120-POL, U.S. Income Tax Return for Certain Political Organizations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2008 03:34PM by whatajoke.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 07, 2008 03:57PM

another link of interest.

[www.irs.gov]

Posted by: EZE3.17 ()
Date: November 07, 2008 11:53PM

Question du jour:

If the IRS (or Franchise Tax Board or the California Secretary of State) were to investigate, how will RLC demonstrate that the current mutation of the bylaws was amended properly and legally? What is the elders' contingency plan should the IRS revoke RLC's non-profit status?

Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 08, 2008 01:41AM

Guess Who
Thought this was worth posting again:

If anyone is serious about asking for an impartial audit you can complete the complaint form on this link and submit it anonymously to the Attorney General. I would bet the more complaint forms they receive the more likely something will happen.

[ag.ca.gov]
[/quote]

I believe any one who attended SOMA should demand there money back!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.