Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: timeforchange ()
Date: November 08, 2008 03:08AM

After perousing the site this morning, I found a new poster, EKE3.17, sparked my interest, did a quick study. Truthfully, it scared me just a little bit. May God have mercy on us all. May we have ears to hear and hearts to respond. Again, I find my own self in a place of repentance. May we be those who will repent, reconcile, and restore. The judgement of God is nothing like ours, I definitely prefer grace to this. There is still great opportunity before us. Let's continue to be Watchman!

Ezekiel 3 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Ezekiel 3
1 And he said to me, "Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the house of Israel." 2 So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat.

3 Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.

4 He then said to me: "Son of man, go now to the house of Israel and speak my words to them. 5 You are not being sent to a people of obscure speech and difficult language, but to the house of Israel- 6 not to many peoples of obscure speech and difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely if I had sent you to them, they would have listened to you. 7 But the house of Israel is not willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to me, for the whole house of Israel is hardened and obstinate. 8 But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are. 9 I will make your forehead like the hardest stone, harder than flint. Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house."

10 And he said to me, "Son of man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you. 11 Go now to your countrymen in exile and speak to them. Say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says,' whether they listen or fail to listen."

12 Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me a loud rumbling sound—May the glory of the LORD be praised in his dwelling place!- 13 the sound of the wings of the living creatures brushing against each other and the sound of the wheels beside them, a loud rumbling sound. 14 The Spirit then lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit, with the strong hand of the LORD upon me. 15 I came to the exiles who lived at Tel Abib near the Kebar River. And there, where they were living, I sat among them for seven days-overwhelmed.

Warning to Israel
16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me: 17 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for [a] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
20 "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."

22 The hand of the LORD was upon me there, and he said to me, "Get up and go out to the plain, and there I will speak to you." 23 So I got up and went out to the plain. And the glory of the LORD was standing there, like the glory I had seen by the Kebar River, and I fell facedown.

24 Then the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet. He spoke to me and said: "Go, shut yourself inside your house. 25 And you, son of man, they will tie with ropes; you will be bound so that you cannot go out among the people. 26 I will make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth so that you will be silent and unable to rebuke them, though they are a rebellious house. 27 But when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you shall say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says.' Whoever will listen let him listen, and whoever will refuse let him refuse; for they are a rebellious house.

Ezekial 3:17
Son of man, I have made thee a watchman to the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.

(h) Of this read Eze 33:2.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

17. watchman-Ezekiel alone, among the prophets, is called a "watchman," not merely to sympathize, but to give timely warning of danger to his people where none was suspected. Habakkuk (Hab 2:1) speaks of standing upon his "watch," but it was only in order to be on the lookout for the manifestation of God's power (so Isa 52:8; 62:6); not as Ezekiel, to act as a watchman to others.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

3:12-21 This mission made the holy angels rejoice. All this was to convince Ezekiel, that the God who sent him had power to bear him out in his work. He was overwhelmed with grief for the sins and miseries of his people, and overpowered by the glory of the vision he had seen. And however retirement, meditation, and communion with God may be sweet, the servant of the Lord must prepare to serve his generation. The Lord told the prophet he had appointed him a watchman to the house of Israel. If we warn the wicked, we are not chargeable with their ruin. Though such passages refer to the national covenant made with Israel, they are equally to be applied to the final state of all men under every dispensation. We are not only to encourage and comfort those who appear to be righteous, but they are to be warned, for many have grown high-minded and secure, have fallen, and even died in their sins. Surely then the hearers of the gospel should desire warnings, and even reproofs.

Ezekial 33:2-9
2 "Son of man, speak to your countrymen and say to them: 'When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, 3 and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, 4 then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not take warning and the sword comes and takes his life, his blood will be on his own head. 5 Since he heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning, his blood will be on his own head. If he had taken warning, he would have saved himself. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'

7 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for [a] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 9 But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

33:1-9 The prophet is a watchman to the house of Israel. His business is to warn sinners of their misery and danger. He must warn the wicked to turn from their way, that they may live. If souls perish through his neglect of duty, he brings guilt upon himself. See what those have to answer for, who make excuses for sin, flatter sinners, and encourage them to believe they shall have peace, though they go on. How much wiser are men in their temporal than in their spiritual concerns! They set watchmen to guard their houses, and sentinels to warn of the enemies' approach, but where the everlasting happiness or misery of the soul is at stake, they are offended if ministers obey their Master's command, and give a faithful warning; they would rather perish, listening to smooth things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2008 03:13AM by timeforchange.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: November 08, 2008 04:36AM

1 Kings 19: 11-12

11 The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper....

Posted by: EZE3.17 ()
Date: November 08, 2008 05:22AM

Question du jour (a word problem for the mathematically inclined):

If the current mutation of the bylaws stipulate that 85% of voting elders are required to remove the Apostle, how many of the four remaining voting elders are necessary to remove the Apostle? (express your answer to the nearest whole number)

Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked.

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: November 08, 2008 06:28AM

Well since the hired hand is now one of the voting Elders 5 X .85 = 4.25 of the voting Elders are needed to Remove the hired hand... or rounding to the nearest whole number... 4 or a unanimous vote... not bound to happen. Nice job hired hand!!! Your manipulation knows no equal!

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: November 08, 2008 06:30AM

EZE3.17
Question du jour (a word problem for the mathematically inclined):

If the current mutation of the bylaws stipulate that 85% of voting elders are required to remove the Apostle, how many of the four remaining voting elders are necessary to remove the Apostle? (express your answer to the nearest whole number)

you got it... Mr. Cunningham would have to be split in two and half of him say that he needs to go...

Posted by: Paul74 ()
Date: November 08, 2008 06:42AM

EZE3.17
Question du jour:

If the IRS (or Franchise Tax Board or the California Secretary of State) were to investigate, how will RLC demonstrate that the current mutation of the bylaws was amended properly and legally? What is the elders' contingency plan should the IRS revoke RLC's non-profit status?

EZE3.17 - Do you believe that there has been some financial impropriety taking place at RLC? Were laws broken? I'm not sure that manipulation of the by-laws, which no longer exist after the vote, would be cause for removal of RLC tax exempt status. There would need to be something more serious - was there???

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: November 08, 2008 06:44AM

So EZE3.17, what do I win besides the scorn and tounglashing my character will no doubtedly receive from the hired hand and his executive comittee...

Do you know what the biggest weapon the enemy has to use against God's children... Fear. He tries to intimidate and manipulate through fear. And the funny thing is that it may not even be the fear of being physically damaged.... it could just be the fear of the unknown.

Take an abused spouse for example... what is it that really keeps her/him in the relationship. Is it the fear of another verbal or physical beatdown? Or is it the fear of the unknown? The fear of not knowing what tomorrow brings outside of the current relationship? Although the abusee does not like what is currently going on, they know what to expect and even in it's curent state life can be predictable, manageable.

When you have been a part of something for so long and invested your time, your tears, your finances, your families into that endeavor it can be debilitating to think of life on the other side or even without it.

People of rlc, the adventure of a life in Christ was never to be a life of fear; physical, emotional or spiritual. Do not let the fear of the unkown or the bravado of a leader who wants all of the accolades and trappings of the office without having to take any of the responsibility... compel you to accept the status quo or to receive something you know is not quite right.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: November 08, 2008 07:28AM

Here's another one you can bet Tony has his fingers in:

[www.restorationalliance.org]

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: November 08, 2008 07:48AM

I believe that the concept of restoration alliance is excellent and that we should be looking for ways to help our brothers and sisters around the world. What I don't get is with so many excellent, well organized and successful organizations all ready in full force why does RLC have to keep trying to reinvent the wheel?

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 08, 2008 08:11AM

Paul74........... I am responding to your post to EZE...........if any nonprofit report or document relating to the books and records (which include bylaws) has been fraudulently altered it is a crime. These situations are hard to pursue and usually only result in action if someone who has first hand knowledge comes forward. I believe there are grosser issues that the bylaws being manipulated. You are right in that manupulation of the bylaws by Tonys smooth talking is not a crime (not your words). It is only a crime if something illegal was done that did not comply with the current by laws or articles of incorporation. The grosser issues are that many believe and some have an account of financial impropriety. The issue over the money for the phillipines has still never been resolved or communicated. I also have had some conversations with individuals who had some first hand knowledge of financial issues and raised them to the leadership with no action. The current system remains. I will not air those financial issues on this forum. Those issues need to be dealt with through the proper channels

To the general assembly at RLC and its members. You have a right and responsibility to demand fiscal accountability. If your organization is not forthright and totally transparent regarding its finances then you are in a very troubled organization. Try going in and asking for the pastors compensation. Ask to see the W2s and any 1099s they may have. Then ask to see their annual return to see if those amounts agree with what they are reporting on their returns. A transparent and open organization will have this information readily available. Make sure and ask for official documents. Not something the receptionist typed up to appease requesters. If they refuse to provide the information or hem and haw, I would get to steppin. Ask if they have any audited financial statements. A responsible church will have audited financial statements at least every couple of years. Look to see that the CPA auditing the entity is not associated with the entity. They must disclose in their audit report any relationships to the entity. If they do not they are in violation with the principles of their profession.

Just wanted to post some code sections from the California Corporations code starting with Seciton 9000 relating to nonprofit religious corporations.

From sections dealing with nonprofits
CORPORATIONS CODE
SECTION 9160

9160. Every corporation shall keep at its principal office in this
state the original or a copy of its articles and bylaws as amended to
date, which shall be open to inspection by the members at all
reasonable times during office hours. If the corporation has no
office in this state, it shall upon the written request of any member
furnish to such member a copy of the articles or bylaws as amended
to date.

8814. (a) Every director, officer or agent of any corporation, who
knowingly receives or acquires possession of any property of the
corporation, otherwise than in payment of a just demand, and, with
intent to defraud, omits to make, or to cause or direct to be made, a
full and true entry thereof in the books or accounts of the
corporation is guilty of a crime.
(b) Every director, officer, agent or member of any corporation
who, with intent to defraud, destroys, alters, mutilates or falsifies
any of the books, papers, writings or securities belonging to the
corporation or makes or concurs in omitting to make any material
entry in any book of accounts or other record or document kept by the
corporation is guilty of a crime.
(c) Each crime specified in this section is punishable by
imprisonment in state prison, or by imprisonment in a county jail for
not exceeding one year, or a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars
($1,000), or both such fine and imprisonment.

8813. (a) Every director or officer of any corporation is guilty of
a crime if such director or officer knowingly concurs in making or
publishing, either generally or privately, to members or other
persons (1) any materially false report or statement as to the
financial condition of the corporation, or (2) any willfully or
fraudulently exaggerated report, prospectus, account or statement of
operations, financial condition or prospects, or (3) any other paper
intended to give, and having a tendency to give, a membership in such
corporation a greater or lesser value than it really possesses.
(b) Every director or officer of any corporation is guilty of a
crime who refuses to make or direct to be made any book entry or the
posting of any notice required by law in the manner required by law.

(c) A violation of subdivision (a) or (b) of this section shall be
punishable by imprisonment in state prison or by a fine of not more
than one thousand dollars ($1,000) or imprisonment in the county jail
for not more than one year or both such fine and imprisonment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.